Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Great job security
Average benefits
Below average compensation
Lots of vacation time
Minimal training and written regulations for such a large company that must adhere to so many government regulations
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
below average compensation
Productive and self paced with employee recreation association
Zumba and Ujam instructor (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 24, 2017
I appreciated the recreation facility to support my wellness and endurance as I was also an Aerobics instructor at the beginning of my 12 year employement.
great job! got laid off because they did not rebid the contract
Customer Service Representative - Incoming Calls (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 24, 2017
excellent company to work for! Loved it and wished they had rebid the contract so we could all have stayed on - hated leaving and would love to work for them if they ever came back.
Pros
nice people
Great reputation but the daily work experience varies greatly
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDAugust 24, 2017
I will say it's a great company to get on your resume but not a good company to stay of for the long term.

The pay isn't competitive. The work they do isn't fun/engaging. There is absolutely no quality control of the people they select for upper managment. There is no company culture
Cons
No quality control with managers. Terrible benefits and pay. Not the place if you are ambitious
Excellent place to work with world class management training program
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 24, 2017
Excellent place to work with world class management training program. Active mentor program and supporting training available to continue growth and broaden business acumen.
Pros
Opportunities to succeed and grow are great up to a point
Cons
Contract support functional expertise has been cut to save money.
Great Job
IS&GS (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FL 32780August 24, 2017
Great Job if you like liars. Management lied to me from day one to the point that they couldn't even remember the lies or the promises they made. Then when questioned about it denied saying anything.
Never will I go back.
Enjoyed the co-workers and management, vacation time off was more than any company I had worked for.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 23, 2017
I really enjoyed my job at Lockheed Martin, it was challenging, very educational and it was always busy and faced-paced. It was very rewarding to assist others when they needed help.

It was unfortunate that I had to leave my position due to taking care of my new family and moving to another state.
Pros
Co-workers, work tasks, vacation time off
Good Company
Expected to work 40 to 45 hours a week no overtime
6.3 hours a month of vacation
Good Company Good benefits
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2017
Liked working there. Pretty good for a large company. They had a terrible overtime policy where you weren't paid until your 6th hour over 40 hours. I'm not sure if that is still in place
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Overtime policy
Great company
Lead Electrical Test Engineer, Staff (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 23, 2017
I had a great experience working for Lockheed Martin. I was able to rise quickly into leadership, however, as leadership changed, my opportunity for further advancement stalled.
not saying
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 22, 2017
I would rather not say this is not an option at this time I will not say anything incriminating I will not stipulate any uncertain terms about this review not now but possible in person.
Pros
not saying
Cons
not saying
Leeds catering chef (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2017
I loved this job. I only stoped working here because my husband and I had a son. We decided together that I would stay home with him. The benefits were great. The pay was great. Thework load was great.
Good company
FLDP (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2017
Solid company if you want to learn/have a good work life balance. well respected and a lot of smart people. Also - there are some very good projects to be a part of like the Orion Space vehicle.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
working for a defense contractor doesn't sit well with my moral compass
Live Fire, training and support
Field Engineer, Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2017
Great job! I got to travel all over the US and world.
I got to work with a lot of great people and made life time friend.
Great Company to work for. Thanks
Great company
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 22, 2017
This was a great company to work for! Excellent benefits, competitive salary. I would recommend this company to all who are seeking a job holding an active security clearance.
My experience was atypical
Staff Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 22, 2017
I never had a real opportunity to work at a Lockheed Martin facility. I was always sent off to work from a customer site. I would have to fight tooth and nail to get a desk and any equipment.

If I had to do any corporate training I had to wait until all my hours were done for the customer then drive around town on my time looking for an open Lockheed Martin facility. My struggle was far from finished because I would have to spend the next few hours trying to convince a bored guard to accept my employee badge from a different business unit.

Then I had to find an LM intranet machine and start my corporate training finish and only allowed to charge 1 hour even though it took 6.
Pros
location was nice. I enjoyed my job.
Cons
Infighting among LM employees, job status was constantly in doubt
My day in the office
Administrative Assistant Sr (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 21, 2017
Provide meeting logistics and support to all FBM business rhythm meetings, customer program reviews, All Hands and SMD FBM PMR's which includes Skype, VTC coordination, meeting notices dissemination and As a provided support for YMAWD, customer visits, employee morale events Provide logistics support for employee of the month, retirement recognition and SMD employee engagement activities Support Program with quarterly safety inspections, shipping requests, and responsible for oversight and coordination of B181 / 182 conference rooms updates. I provide shipping requests, order office supplies.

The managers I supported have always been supportive and encouraging. Easy to work for. Made it a great work environment.

I have gained more confidence in myself. Became a team player. Helped make a difference in the work place and for our customers.

The one thing I would take away from my experiences from Lockheed Martin are the people I was fortunate to have worked with.
Pros
Employee morale events and activities, they take care of their employees, families always comes first, great benefits.
Cons
nothing
Career Advancement
SR System Integration/Test Engineer, Integration (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 21, 2017
Lockheed Martin gives their employees opportunities to advance in their careers by providing professional training courses on campus at no cost to the employee. In addition, their tuition reimbursement program is awesome! .
Unfair
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 21, 2017
Different rules for different people/ departments, Favoritism, Ethics and Diveristy are proclaimed but not practiced, Unfair wages amongst males and females, Retaliation for people who speak up.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unfair practices employee dependent
great company to work for
Repair crew Lead-man and assistant site supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2017
had my own engine dock to work from / learned that working with the government guys you have to pace out your work load to match theirs / work place culture was rather laid back / the hardest part of the job was to slow down / I am a person who believes in getting the job done on time and on budget and earlier if possible / getting a serviceable asset out the door for the customer was most satisfying of all /

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.