LOCKHEED

LOCKHEED Employee Reviews

Lockheed is one of the top defense contractor to work for in missile production.
Manufacturing Support Team Member (Former Employee), Woodbine, NJMay 13, 2015
Pros: Promotions for advancement in the corporation
Cons: High Turn-Overs of the young employees
A typical day at work starts with a morning meeting with staff and production line employees. Safety and what is expected for the day concerning desired production results. Management ask employees is there any questions about a specific type of job and safety concerns. Co-workers have many years of experiencein the field of their work. The more experience employee is placed with the less experience for them to gain knowledge in the area. The hardest part of the job is knowing the one mistake may cost you your life! The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what you do if for YOU and YOUR COUNTRY STRATEGLY !!!!!
productive place to work.
Material handler (Current Employee), Martin, OKJanuary 20, 2015
great place to work,clean environment.
hours are excellent.
My Review
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 21, 2014
Pros: gave bonuses
Cons: job security wasn't really there when the federal sequestration hit and i lost my job
A top notch company for whom to work. Like all companies, know your craft.
Security Associate
Security Associate (Former Employee), MoorestownDecember 4, 2014
This job entailed ensuring that facilities were operating under secure procedures, both physically and digitally. Primarily the duties entailed, ensuring that the grounds if the facility were safe and secure. This job was a great spring board into a career.
data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pros; was successfully doing the job.
Cons: cons; when i didnt finsh the job.
A typical day at work keying in address .

what I learned was it was always important to key the right address for successful delivery.

Management was always willing and available to answer any questions.

Your co-workers was always willing to help if there was a problem.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to fine the real zip code.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new every day.
The job allowed me to stay associated with Presidential and Dignitary protection community.
SECURITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Martin, WASeptember 11, 2014
A typical day was traveling of some kind air and ground going to many locations large cities and remote locations. I advance my abilities to resolve problems of minor engineering nature which I had to develop. Management was pretty much hands off but my management changed about 3/4 of the way through my employment. My co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful. I worked mostly by myself. Hardest part of the job was the wrap up and preparing equipment for transport. The part of this job I enjoyed was learning new skills dealing with the non operational aspects of x-ray machines and metal detectors. Additionally learning to be more self reliant in areas that I may have been uncomfortable with earlier and the traveling.
Has been a good company to work for and raise a family.
SENIOR LOGISTIC ENGINEER SPEC (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good benifits and great compensation
Cons: working with a large company.
I have enjoyed working for this company. They have trainned me well to move on to bigger and more responsible positions. It has great benifits and is a great company to work for.
User Support Specialist
User Support Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 16, 2014
Cons: courier runs when we have no couriers
Been working computers and networking for 15 years. Looking to upgrade and improve my talent and study new courses related to computers.
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLJune 26, 2014
Enjoyed going to work. Everyone that I worked with was very professional and very helpful. Team was very committed to their jobs. I loved my job!
Poor HR Office
Material Handler (Former Employee), Okahoma City, OKMay 26, 2014
Pros: good temporary company
Cons: company will not hire just temporary job
Lockheed Martin was an excellent company to work and Adecco had good customer relations with that company . Employees were very happy.
Field Engineer (Current Employee), NCMay 18, 2014
Pros: good job
I enjoy my position at Lockheed always take good care of us. Always keeps in touch with us about upcoming things happening within the company
Customer-focused engineering
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Nahua, NMMarch 16, 2014
Pros: opportunities
Cons: management
Lockheed/Sanders have been bought up by BAE Systems. Lockheed provided me with opportunities for career enhancement that took my skills to the next level.
A superb place to work with a noble purpose
Subcontracts Manager (Former Employee), Marinette, WIMarch 9, 2014
This is a great place to pursue your career dreams! The challenges will tax your intellect and draw upon all of your talents.
Top pay, fair management, fair benefits
Aircraft Mechanic "A" _ Assembler F-35 (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: top pay
Cons: a union that works for the company not you
Management makes it difficult to keep from getting frustrated. Your immediate supervisor could be excellent or poor. Middle management creates chaos for lower management making it difficult to delegate work assignments effectively. The salary is at the top of the scale comparatively speaking. The Union is an unnecessary evil that sides with the company creating more frustration. I have had non-union jobs that offer just as much compensation.
great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), GAFebruary 14, 2014
very good culture
OJT daily
very intense on deadlines
lack of promotion opportunity at smaller locations
Desirable contractor workplace
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Martin, WAFebruary 6, 2014
Rewarded for hard work. Exceptional chances for growth and advancement. Wide variety opportunities. The experience is what you make of it.
Program Manager for Technical Operations functions.
Technical Operations Manager/ Master IT Analyst (Former Employee), Stennis Space CenterFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: very high (99+%) operational performance.
Cons: availability of hpc unix skilled software analysts.
Contract to the Government for operation and maintenance of a large scale high performance computer data center. Two Program Managers combined to execute the statement of work. My task was to manage the Technical Operations segment including UNIX based Operating System Software maintenance for multiple vendor systems, operation of the systems, network operations for a complex wide area network connecting multiple systems, database administration for usage databases by user, visualization laboratory
software development, and facility maintenance of stationary equipment supporting chiller and emergency electrical operations.
Task included oversight of planning and preparation of new system installation and integration.
Limited opportunities for growth while working on client's site
Project Mgmt & Planning Operations Rep. Principal (Current Employee), Linthicum, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Working at the client's site provides limited opportunities for growth and leadership.
Good jobs there. Important to area economy.
Aircraft Assembler F-35 (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: parking
Installed aircraft plumbing.
Learned how to install aircraft hydraulics.
Hardest part of the job is fixing incoming defects.
Most enjoyable part of the job learning new things.
Excellent Work environment Kirtland Airforce Base
Office Management Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: having a clearance processed for future employers
Cons: working with diverse personal both military and civilian
Working on Base (Kirtland Airforce) is a very secure and great place to work to understand what the outside work environment should be helped with. Having my "L" clearance allows me to understand to treat all jobs with the honesty and trust. The "L" clearance conferts me to know my 10 year back ground and "Q" clearance I will always honor and respect therefore I am looking for a company who has this "Team" support for employees who want to enjoy and care for their job.

1 2 3