Lockton Companies, LLC

Lockton Companies, LLC United States Employee Reviews

Great work environment with ping pong tables
Mergers and Acquisitions Assistant Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
Come in and do your job with great friends and easily accessible upper management. A typical work day will include team efforts into common goals as well as independent insurance diligence. Definitely a great environment to evolve into a great career.
Outstanding company with cutting edge
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: outstanding resources to use in presentations
Cons: work life balance
Learned a tremendous amount at Lockton regarding overall business strategies and how to interweave that thinking into corporate benefits.
Great Company
Manager, Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: bonus's
Cons: insurance
Lockton Companies, LLC was one of the best companies I have had the pleasure of working with. Very professional
Lockton maintains a "family culture" for their associates.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 7, 2014
Pros: volunteer opportunities, social functions
Cons: workload, management deficiencies, lack of appreciation & acknowledgement
The "We Live Service" motto at Lockton Companies is strictly adhered to by all of its associates in that the client's needs come first. The company itself offers many perks and as a whole, associates, are treated as part of a very large family. However, men are definitely promoted more quickly and have much better opportunities than women. The department that I called home for over 6 years was no exception to the latter. The majority of the women in supervisory roles were long time employees with no education in management so were not qualified for these positions and performed poorly as supervisors. I started at Lockton in the hopes of advancing my career in both position and salary. Unfortunately this did not happen. I enjoyed working with my clients and getting to know a lot of them on a personal basis. I learned how to do a lot in a day and became very proficient in multi-tasking. The hardest part of my job was following up and executing all of the small details that came along with the job. We did not have a support staff to help handle some of the workload so this made the job more difficult and often impossible to complete in a normal 37 1/2 hour work week. I spent a lot of time working on weekends, late at night and taking stuff home to try to keep up with the demands of my job. Co-workers that were promoted into the position of account manager were usually because a new "body" was needed to handle the account load. In these cases, the individuals were not trained well and were not able to alleviate the large account load from the seasoned account managers. Most of the other account managers were unhappy and stayed only because it provided an income. A typical day at work involved handling 75-100 emails a day from clients or from other associates as well as handling any phone requests, whatever those requests may be.
FUN AND EDUCATIONAL PLACE TO WORK
Account Manager - Mergers & Acquisitions (Current Employee), HOUSTON, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: lots of client contact
EXCELLENT!!! ABLE TO NETWORK WITH INSURANCE INDUSTRY AND OTHER COMPANIES.CE CLASSES ARE OFFERED PAID FOR BY THE COMPANY, ETC.
good place to work
Account Administrator (Former Employee), Farmington, CTApril 16, 2014
good place to work, great people, good management team-repetitious work but enjoyable.
Exceptional place to work
Controlled Insurance Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 7, 2014
Pros: lots
Cons: few
Voted one of the best places to work. You are given the opportunity to grow and the resources to grow successfully.
Great Company to Work For.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 5, 2014
The culture and the people are great. Most of the time is spent getting to know clients.
productive, and fun workplace with travel
Account Manager- Benefits (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 23, 2013
prepared sales and renewal presentations for prospective and current customers. Management and co-workers were fun and enjoyable to deal with on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was some of the deadlines.
Productive Fun place to work...
Client Receivables Coordinator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2013
Pros: beer friday
Work hard, play harder.. Professional hard working..
Relaxed working environment
Great co-workers that are very helpful.
Extremely fast paced.
Commercial Account Administrator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2013
Pros: good compenstaion and bonus plan.
Cons: healthcare, large deductible plan. management staff, during my employment.
Worked commercial lines property and casualty as account administrator. Processing policies, reviewing, rating, loss runs, certificate request, etc. Loved my co-workers, extremely fast paced.
Great place to utilize your insurance knowledge, but way too political
Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2013
Pros: great place to learn from others
Cons: too political
My position was to provide marketing and advice to in-house brokers for professional/management liability products they could provide to their clients. Daily reviewed insurance contracts and quote submissions to provide the best product for the best price for our clients.
Nice people lacking direction
Document Production Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers were wonderful.
Cons: the office manager was not trust-worthy.
I loved the people I worked for (100 insurance professionals). However, the company lacked the ability to motivate, advance, and provide job security. I made changes in the workplace that saved time and money. Scanning text for copy, Automatic book binder, ability to pdf to proposal paper. Loved the creative work. Loved helping others prepare excellent presentations.
Great company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2013
Lockton is a great company and truly cares about their employees. I became an Account Manager in December 2012. I have been at Lockton Since August 2010. I work in the Surety Bond Department.It is very time sensitive and clients will request a bond, and typically and need it the next day or two.
Wonderful Place to Work
Technical Services Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 20, 2012
Great Management
Top Employer in DC
Wonderful Benefits
Growing Company
Constantly Hiring New Employees
Great Relationship with Vendors and Clients
Looks like a good company to work for but is very "cut-throat".
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas CityJanuary 1, 2012
Pros: located on the plaza
Cons: this is a very political company to work for, managers hover over their subordinates too much
Management is good at finding scapegoats for mistakes and using this as excuses to terminate them.

Lockton Companies, LLC Salaries