Loews Atlanta Hotel Employee Reviews

Fun, good co-worker's.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2017
It's job for an retiree; its not sustainable income (13.35 hourly) full benefits package, single $130.00 low, $155.00 high; 210 family bi-weekly. Security has no upward mobility. They had annual Watermelon eat contest when I was there. Parking fee $8.00 per day, or $60.00-$80.00 per month.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No free parking, No upward mobility.
Kitchen needs improvement
cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
Even though they have a world class chef along with 5 chefs under him, including a pastry chef, things are not really organized; lazy, not good quality.
Training is beefed up during orientation, but in reality is not good.

They treat their interns very bad! especially the international ones.

They have a pastry department with a pastry chef but half of what they make comes out a box.

Pay is good for places around Georgia. .that's the trade off.
The head of HR, does not really care about the employees, best to speak with the other HR heads.
Pros
free meals, pay
Cons
health care, management, pastry department
Vibrant workplace, great attitudes, and a place to better your career in hospitality.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed my tenure with the Loews company. The Tisch family values and morals extend throughout the hotels. Their belief in having the most welcoming and hospitable homes have allowed the Loews Hotels to thrive. People enjoy staying with us because we treat everyone like family. That is the main reason I love working for this company.
Pros
Family oriented, vibrant, welcoming, and appreciate employees.
Team Orientation level is very high, Diversity within the company is high. Overall an enjoyable experience to grow.
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2016
Working with Loews Atlanta Hotel is great for growth and development in reference to skill building, in reference to excelling within the company that is where there may be a challenge. Loews Corporation promotes transferring from within, this is a great company to grow with as long as the company remains to grow and positions remain available with relocation.
Pros
Great benefits, Paid leave for new parents, death, pets, Diverse Enviroment, Promotions within, Multiple breaks, Much interaction with the public
Cons
Limited space to excel
Awesome Brand Awesome Team!!
Telecommunications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Loews Atlanta Hotel. The culture and Loews Family (staff) are unmatched! The most dedicated all hands on deck type of management from the GM to the servers.

If I hadn't relocated to another city with my family, I'm sure I would have stayed and continued to experience other areas of service within the corporation.
Pros
The Culture and the employees *Loews Family Values*
Cons
departmental staffing models
Fast paced work environment with great compensation
Front Desk Agent/Bellman (Former Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 16, 2015
The work environment was often fast paced due to the amount of guest. We were often times able to effectively and efficiently process all guest with decent to good computers and PMS technology.

The benefits are great. The CEO is a visionairy and friendly. Only thing I would recommend is to hold department head accountable for getting results. I feel that due to the overwhelming amount of guest arrivals/concerns, the basic internal matters fall by the wayside.
Pros
Benefits, employee cafeteria, paid time off.
Cons
Management needs to be thoroughly evaluated before hiring. Some were not very good with their staff.
great workplac very friendly people
Server?Bell Stand (Current Employee) –  Midtown ATlantaAugust 3, 2015
Supervise 10+ Bell Attendants and Hotel Drivers. Assist in hiring, training, and development of Bell Attendants and Hotel Drivers. Organize & Structure guest and transportation request. Collaborate with Sales & Marketing and Conference Managers with group luggage storage and porterage incentives. Weekly Spot Checks to ensure service standards are met. Monthly One-On-One meetings with team members to balance development, growth and morale. Coordinate closely with the VIP Manager to achieve VIP satisfaction upon arrival and departure. Accountable for daily reports and scheduling. Learned the balance between business and employer relations. What I enjoyed the most are the people that I work with.
fun work place pay is horrible
Mini Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Loews Atlanta HotelFebruary 16, 2014
the pay is awful. Its hard to advance here. Its a wonderful work enivornment but the pay is awful.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
pay and advancement
Love the people I work with
Bell Captain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros
Empowerment
Cons
Micro-Management, Lack of growth
Not the worst not the best
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2013
A typical day at work is like the typical day at you local high school. DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA!!!!
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
immediate management
A family setting, a great company to work for where you are not just a number
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2013
I have grown so much working for Loews and still growing. A typical day at work varies no two days are the same. I mastered the opera system, learned APD and also an expert with Microsoft. My co-workers are family that's the best word to describe it.

I would say the hardest part of the job is when a guest leaves unsatisfied. I strive for excellence.

I enjoy every aspect of my job, but I would my favorite thing s the interaction with the guest and learning new things everyday.
Pros
great benifits and great people
Cons
salary
Room Services
Room Services Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2012
Answering the phone and delivering orders
Dealing with customer complaints and issue
a very nice place to work!!!!!!
Executive Steward (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GaMay 22, 2012
Loews is a very nice place to work.Great people to work around.Service is very important,with this company!! the hardest part of my job,was the long hours,in which i had to work.The best part of my job,was working with the staff.
Pros
good lunch room(food), nice area in which to eat in, (free meals) per 8 hours of work
Cons
the ins, plans was not as good, for a company of this size
decor beautiful place inside & out made it easy to arrive at such an establishment
Front Counter Attendant/Mini Bar (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2012
Very live and upbeat work atmosphere. Always warm smiles & teamwork. Great free lunch in the staff cafeteria, & plenty of raffle prize incentives, weekend lobby concerts
Pros
the staff was very diverse & exciting, management was very down to earth & reasonable
Cons
short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loews Atlanta Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.

Loews Atlanta Hotel Reviews by Location