Loews Don Cesar Hotel Employee Reviews

horrible management!
Manager (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLOctober 5, 2016
The Don Cesar was once a great hotel and a fair place to work. The politics and drama have turned it into a joke. I have never seen so many people who were dating, having physical relationships and married within a company. It is so unprofessional. The h.r. department is awful. They lie when asked for employment verification. The general manager is an unfriendly and biased, he turns a blind eye to many issues. I am shocked he is still there. I have witnessed sexism and ageism many times. I have seen the hardworking, honest, employees and managers get fired and or quit. No job security!
The outsourcing of jobs to save money is mindboggling. WTS is more like WTF!
Time for a change Loews, the Don Cesar isn't what it used to be.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits, outsourcing, unfair treatment
Good company, better on paper
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 15, 2013
PROS:
A good way to break into the hospitality industry.
Tend to take chances on younger people for management.
Good Benefit packages/ Hr explains and goes over personally.
Company Outings
Co-workers/ other departments help and assist when they are available

CONS:
Want all level of salary managers to work 6 days a week and 60+ hrs. No work/life balance.

Convoluted with thousands of standards(rules the company follows) that are required to know. Managers take multiple classes some 7 and 8 hours long!

The hiring process is long and tedious. Took me one month to get hired on and my last 4 team members at least 3 weeks to get hired.

Receiving is in shambles. Haven't been able to keep a receiving manager for longer than 4 months. Plus, difficult to order product/ product never in stock.
Some Love It, Some Don't
Sea Porch Supervisor, Sea Porch Cafe (Former Employee) –  St. Pete Beach, FLMay 19, 2014
After all of my time at The Don CeSar, I walked away bitter. The company taught me more about hospitality than I have learned at any other job or in school. I am immensely grateful for these lessons. I must confess, however, that I am not a fan of the structure of the Loews Corporation.
Beautiful historic place
Training Manager/HR Manager (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FlApril 6, 2014
It's a beautiful place to work. All restaurants and filled with incredible talent. The Don is known for exceptional Customer Service and it's consistently delivered.
Pros
Great departments full of dedicated people
Productive and fun
Lobby Bar Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Pete Beach, FLNovember 13, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job - take care of the guests
I have learned foods and wines, to provide an excellence service
Beautiful Historic Hotel
FOUR DIAMOND HOTEL RESTAURANT SERVER (Current Employee) –  Saint Pete Beach, FLOctober 10, 2013
Wonderful employees and guests makes for a lovely day at the office.

2.6