Loews Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Housekeeper
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2017
My job was a good job in the hotel Loews Hotel located in Miami Beach. I felt I experienced many good moments while working there; interacting with staff and guests and the location of the Hotel. The management was very attentive to both their staff and their guests; personally I was treated well by management. I don't think I had a "hard part" in the job because I believe I was trained very well and I felt comfortable in that kind of working environment (you can say that was part of the "enjoyable part" of the job. The other part of the enjoyable part was after learning what I did after training was being able to apply that into my work and doing so by myself.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bula
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at work depending on what i was necessarily scheduled for that day, but most of the time my opening side work would involve setting up my section for the day. Then I would go about greeting guests, putting in orders, and serving drinks. I learned what it was like to work for a corporation and become a very self motivated worker. Management went through a lot of changes while I was there. I worked on a pool deck so the hardest part of the job was the Florida heat and humidity. The best part of the job was the coworkers and just the fun mentality Bula had out there.
Productive Work Enviorment
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the Company. They really make the employees feel at home. The guest are fun and the energy is really uplifting. Great Place to work.
Pros
Free Staff Meals
fun place with a lot of wonderful charms
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting guests with any and all needs to make their event wonderful. The hardest part of my job was understanding what some of the conf/catering managers put on their BEO's.
Definitely not a job for high school graduates
Busser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2016
This job is definitely not for those who've just graduated high school. It's just too stressful, and if you're not good worth being around a lot of people this job is not for you. Over all the people are nice.
Pros
Everybody is nice, free food.
Cons
Stress
Very professional
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 19, 2016
Great environment wake up and happy to come to work everyone are friendly pay was great hours was good with no complaints
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 24, 2016
A typical day at the workplace would include making sure all orders had the correct products ordered by clients, making sure i had directions to employers loading docks, ensuring timley delivery of products to cutomer offices, maling sure signatures were obtained upon delivery of office produts, keeping track of all gas recipts
Pros
company vehical
Cons
healthcare
Disappointing for a Four Diamond Hotel
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 12, 2016
Management for starters was very weak and little was done by leadership to make a functional restaurant happen. It was very discouraging to walk into your shift not knowing what was happening until you just walked in the door and had to deal with the chaos that followed. Poor communication amongst the different departments. Working at Loews was more than just a serving position. Usually were understaffed so we would be asked to cover other positions throughout the hotel. Hardest part of the job was trying to do several jobs at once across the entire hotel. Room service while also serving the restaurant floor was a challenge. Most enjoyable part was meeting the people I worked with over my four years there. Still some of my good friends today. The hospitality skills, multitasking and learning how a hotel operates was very interesting to me. Was a good job for the experience in that field of work.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours for little compensation, no room for growth, little incentive to do more.
Fun workplace
In room dinning server (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2016
Mannagement are good... Friendly invitonment.. Safety workplace. I love working here.. I been working here almost 3 years now and i feel i am important to theme., they care for thier employee..,
Pros
Free lunch dinner.. Buffet style, .
Cons
Healthcare beniffits
Loews
Nautilus Server (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 6, 2016
Hotel gives employees opportunities to grow and change within the company. The hotel will be going into renovations and they have done there best to allow employees to remain with them.
Professional and fun workplace with ample opportunity for further training.
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 9, 2016
Loews was an enjoyable experience in which I would work with a highly diverse team of professionals. Daily practice of teamwork while maintaining a fun and safe work environment. Management was open to suggestions for improvement of product, service, and guest relations. We were required to greet each guest by name upon contact, company standard was to exceed the guests expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant chance to expand my cooking knowledge and add to my repertoire.
Pros
Free shift meal, friendly work enviroment.
Cons
Highly variable work schedule
very reputable company
Locksmith Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Loews hotel was a 5 star hotel located in a popular tourist attraction which made it a very profitable business located near the Universal area
Fun and Friendly Workplace Environment
Lead the Stewarding Department (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 25, 2015
Fast-paced and productive. I learned to coordinate with multiple departments and properties to run a successful operation. Management and co-workers worked as a team. Off - property events are most challenging due to logistics and transportation. People are fun-loving, helpful and friendly.
Pros
Free lunch, Discounted theme park admissions, hotel and restaurant fees, competetive salary & health benefits, employee financial aids, community services, employee benefits programs
Cons
Life-work balance is minimal, aging work equipment in older property.
its a ok place to work as a laundry attendant
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CADecember 24, 2015
what I've learned was its not easy to work as laundry but after having training i managed to do it as well as the ladys working their for years ..my co-workers are older ladys my respect to them because they been for like 10 years or more and when events happen at the hotel we gotta fold some table clothes and well that aint easy but we get through it as teamwork...the hardest part of this job was folding towels because if we dint fold them correctly we would have to redo them again. the enjoyable part of the job was when we had our meetings we laughed and made jokes making our 15min meeting go faster
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Guest Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 4, 2015
Good Management team. They keep the morale high with employee luncheons and holiday parties. The Managers stay involved with employees, asking about likes, interest , and family life.
I was treated with respect and empathy with personal issues.
Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2015
Everyone practice safety and hotel cleanliness was everyone jobs including management. The open door policy was always in effect to all employees. Any issues and concerns was address in a timely manner.
Pros
lunches was provided by the hotel.
Cons
sometimes the lunch break was not long enough to take care of business.
Very diverse and room for advancement
Front Desk, Activities coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Work proficient with Open Table as a Hostess and run food/serve food in full service restaurant. Maintain culture of company as open and welcoming.
No room for growth
Travel Planner (Former Employee) –  Nashville TNJune 30, 2015
At the Business Services Center there is little to no room for growth without moving out of state. The management was never helpful and very belittling... I often felt like I was a child with my every move being questioned. You must follow a checklist on every phone call and not miss any point or you risk being written up.
Pros
Occasional catered lunch, free trips for specialists or as prizes.
Cons
No freedom, no growth, management
Love our culture
Assistant Pool Service Manager (Current Employee) –  OrlandoJune 27, 2015
I absolutely love my job.

Manage a high volume pool bar and grill. Have a staff of over 70. A typical day at work is making memorable experiences for all of our guests at one of the highest occupancy hotels in all of Florida. We throw a party out at the pool every day for our guests.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Stressful at times
Best Company to be employed with
INCOME AUDITOR/ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 6, 2015
They recognized people daily and showed a value of care when you worked for them. They did close our accounting department to centralize it but I hold no ill will. They were one of the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loews Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.