Loews Hotels & Resorts

Loews Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Professional and fun workplace with ample opportunity for further training.
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 9, 2016
Loews was an enjoyable experience in which I would work with a highly diverse team of professionals. Daily practice of teamwork while maintaining a fun and safe work environment. Management was open to suggestions for improvement of product, service, and guest relations. We were required to greet each guest by name upon contact, company standard was to exceed the guests expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant chance to expand my cooking knowledge and add to my repertoire.
Pros
Free shift meal, friendly work enviroment.
Cons
Highly variable work schedule
very reputable company
Locksmith Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Loews hotel was a 5 star hotel located in a popular tourist attraction which made it a very profitable business located near the Universal area
Fun and Friendly Workplace Environment
Lead the Stewarding Department (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 25, 2015
Fast-paced and productive. I learned to coordinate with multiple departments and properties to run a successful operation. Management and co-workers worked as a team. Off - property events are most challenging due to logistics and transportation. People are fun-loving, helpful and friendly.
Pros
Free lunch, Discounted theme park admissions, hotel and restaurant fees, competetive salary & health benefits, employee financial aids, community services, employee benefits programs
Cons
Life-work balance is minimal, aging work equipment in older property.
its a ok place to work as a laundry attendant
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CADecember 24, 2015
what I've learned was its not easy to work as laundry but after having training i managed to do it as well as the ladys working their for years ..my co-workers are older ladys my respect to them because they been for like 10 years or more and when events happen at the hotel we gotta fold some table clothes and well that aint easy but we get through it as teamwork...the hardest part of this job was folding towels because if we dint fold them correctly we would have to redo them again. the enjoyable part of the job was when we had our meetings we laughed and made jokes making our 15min meeting go faster
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Guest Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 4, 2015
Good Management team. They keep the morale high with employee luncheons and holiday parties. The Managers stay involved with employees, asking about likes, interest , and family life.
I was treated with respect and empathy with personal issues.
Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2015
Everyone practice safety and hotel cleanliness was everyone jobs including management. The open door policy was always in effect to all employees. Any issues and concerns was address in a timely manner.
Pros
lunches was provided by the hotel.
Cons
sometimes the lunch break was not long enough to take care of business.
Very diverse and room for advancement
Front Desk, Activities coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Work proficient with Open Table as a Hostess and run food/serve food in full service restaurant. Maintain culture of company as open and welcoming.
No room for growth
Travel Planner (Former Employee) –  Nashville TNJune 30, 2015
At the Business Services Center there is little to no room for growth without moving out of state. The management was never helpful and very belittling... I often felt like I was a child with my every move being questioned. You must follow a checklist on every phone call and not miss any point or you risk being written up.
Pros
Occasional catered lunch, free trips for specialists or as prizes.
Cons
No freedom, no growth, management
Love our culture
Assistant Pool Service Manager (Current Employee) –  OrlandoJune 27, 2015
I absolutely love my job.

Manage a high volume pool bar and grill. Have a staff of over 70. A typical day at work is making memorable experiences for all of our guests at one of the highest occupancy hotels in all of Florida. We throw a party out at the pool every day for our guests.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Stressful at times
Best Company to be employed with
INCOME AUDITOR/ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 6, 2015
They recognized people daily and showed a value of care when you worked for them. They did close our accounting department to centralize it but I hold no ill will. They were one of the best.
Loews Don Cesar Beach Resort
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FloridaApril 28, 2015
Very good training introductory training program. The pay was very low for the amount of work completed. I would not work for this company again.
Pros
Free Lunch and travel benefits
Cons
Very low pay for amount of work completed daily
team work
Universal Studios Loews (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2015
At Loews team work does not exist . You don't get recognize when you do something good, There is no room to grow in the security department. when you put in for a transfer they make it impossible to get one
Pros
free lunches
Cons
medical is not good
Not a good place to start a career in accounting.
Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 7, 2015
I work in the accounting office of the Loews shared business center. The people who work there are nice enough but the training is poor and denied to employees even after they request it. Then management blames employees for their poor training. Do not expect to get promoted unless you are good with office politics, especially if you are male. One male is hired or promoted for every 10-12 women. Also, do not expect corporate policy to be applied to every employee.
Pros
Good for switching careers to accounting.
Cons
Pretty much just a stepping stone into other positions.
insentives, people relations
Travel Planner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed leadership and peer relations, fun atmosphere, fast paced environment. I learned a lot about the travel industry hotel operations.
Pros
catering, positive environment, team inclusions with lots of rally meetings for encouragement, trips and gift cards given often.
Cons
strict environment, not confident in my judgements. not able to flex to close a sale.
Outstanding leadership
Security Officer / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2015
I have only been with the company for a couple of months, however, I feel that this place is on the up and up. I have been welcomed with open arms and the management staff in my department is outstanding.
good benefits
delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2015
hard work, but was nice to work as a team. in case get hurt they have clinic which take car of you. discount to get vacation with your family in many universal locations. hard to get into firts shift even if you have senority
benefits
Cons
no weekeens off
productive and family friendly environment
housekeepng supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2015
a very good place to grow management is giving all the opportunities for improvement a very friendly environment happy co-workers we always enjoy each others company the whole department the hardest thing is when we have a heavy check out and back to back but after everything we are all happy with what we achieved being given a good rating and to be on top of the best hotels
Pros
good food and free
Cons
i dont see any
Good place to work!
Director of Houskeeping (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 15, 2014
Excellent management and work environment.

Great people to work with.

Unionized Hotel.

Excellent Hotel building.
not bad its a good starting point
(Team Leader) - Star Trainer (Current Employee) –  phila paNovember 17, 2014
Some good people, real fun environment . has its ups and downs like most jobs. its fast paced, and gets extremely busy at times. but differs depending on the season. but overall. its a good experience. they feed employees for free . you'll have plenty of chances to win gifts, participate in lots of activities and dance in the holiday party that's giving every year.
Fun place to work
Security/Host (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2014
Patrol, nice co workers, clean environment, management staff was very helpful and attentive. The best part of working was being there. hardest part of the job is the lack of guest contact because i work in the construction area.