Loews Hotels & Resorts

Loews Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

FUN WORKJesus R. Alameda PLACE
Bartender, Restaurant, and Roomservice (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 25, 2014
Profile
▪ 15+ years Bartending and Supervising within the Hospitality industry
▪ Strict adherence to age restrictions and alcohol limits cut-off guidelines
▪ Skilled at memorizing food/alcohol order & accurately entering into operating system
▪ Maintained open dialogue among staff to encourage quick resolution to customer concerns
▪ Bilingual (English and Spanish); extensive national and international travel

Skills
Bartender
▪ Mixed ingredients (liquor, soda, water, sugar & bitters) to prepare cocktails and other drinks
▪ Collected payment for drinks; served, balanced cash receipts and made daily bank deposits
▪ Verified customer’s age prior to alcohol purchase, monitored customer’s alcohol consumption, proactively discontinued intake and requested alternative transportation for intoxicated patrons
▪ Cleaned bars, work areas, tables, ordered liquors, bar items & supplies to replenish inventory

Server
▪ Warmly greeted & timely seated customers; to create & maintain a pleasant dining experience
▪ Knowledgeable on menu items/daily specials; appropriately recommending options
▪ Attentive to customer needs; able to handle high volume time periods

Room Service Supervisor
▪ Assigned duties, responsibilities and work stations to employees in accordance with work needs
▪ Trained staff in food preparation, service, sanitation and safety procedures
▪ Acted as liaison between managers and staff to address/re September, 2013-Present
sometime
Maintenance and Repair Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2012
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
• Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
• Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
• Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
• Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
• Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
• Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
Budget cuts make it difficult to ensure proper staffing levels
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 23, 2014
As most people in the hospitality industry, I worked my way up and into management. Loews Annapolis Hotel has such terrible cuts in their budget for staffing that management ends up working horrible hours (every shift imaginable and all in the same week) just to keep the wheels moving. Avoid this like the plague in terms of management opportunities! Your health with thank you.

The best part of working for Loews would have to be the ability to work with "some" good people. As is common in the Hospitality industry, the professionalism of employees will be a mixed bag. However, I've maintained friendships with many people I've met during my time there.
Pros
high management turnover means that you can move up quickly!
Cons
overworked and underpaid staff means the best people will find work elsewhere
fun workplace
Kids Camp Activities Coordinator/ Pool Concierge (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 12, 2012
At Loews I would manage the Kids Camp. A typical day would include nothing games! A little dive in the pool, water balloon fights, sand castle contests,etc. I enjoyed mostly movie time when where we would set up the room with curtains hanging, bean bags everywhere and the best Disney/Pixar movies. I wouldn't say the hardest but something I never enjoyed doing was going into the pool with the kids because my worst fear was that the parents say their children know how to swim but they really don't and one would drown on my watch. I did learn how to give CPR in case one day it would happen but thankfully that was just a skill I never had to use.
Pros
travel discounts
Cons
rainy days result in less hours
Clash of espoused versus enacted values
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 2, 2013
They make it painfully obvious that the bottom line is more important than anything else, where most companies will make efforts to make your happiness appear more important than it may actually be Loews does nothing to conceal the fact that the profitability is more important than overworking,under paying you or providing only the cheapest healthcare plans.
The training program is ridiculous too, there is a "met" form for everything, HR is like an out of control robot factory. There is no allowance for using your best judgement, or giving a personal, engaging experience because there is a standard for everything from how to check in a family to how you must place butter on a room service tray.
Pros
free cafeteria
Cons
hr, healthcare, nashville centralized everything
its a ok place to work as a laundry attendant
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CADecember 24, 2015
what I've learned was its not easy to work as laundry but after having training i managed to do it as well as the ladys working their for years ..my co-workers are older ladys my respect to them because they been for like 10 years or more and when events happen at the hotel we gotta fold some table clothes and well that aint easy but we get through it as teamwork...the hardest part of this job was folding towels because if we dint fold them correctly we would have to redo them again. the enjoyable part of the job was when we had our meetings we laughed and made jokes making our 15min meeting go faster
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
I have been a team leader,specialist and manager of five different departments on my quest to be a Store Manager..
Department Manager Administration (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2012
I have learned that respect can help you to succeed in this business. I am honored to know that my Co workers trust and believe that I wiil guide them in the right direction. People skills are not always a persons strength,however I dont feel I can be successful in life without that being one of my strengths. My dat consist of dealing with over 2000 customers a day. Which consist of answering questions,providing assistance,counting money,handling customer concerns,mentoring new hires as well as seasoned associates..checking reports and forecast and implementing action plans...
Excellent place to work with a diverse group of people.
Server/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2013
Most of the time you are setting up for the next shift. I have learned that it is important to set your goal for the day and then follow that plan to be successful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied guests. Most of the time it was not your doing but you had to deal with the situation anyway. What I like about the job was the empowerment given to you to handle any situations that may arise. I enjoy my co-workers because we all have a common goal and that is to be the best at what we do. I respect management because they do not micro-manage.
Pros
empowered to make decisions
Cons
not enough praise
Not a good place to start a career in accounting.
Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 7, 2015
I work in the accounting office of the Loews shared business center. The people who work there are nice enough but the training is poor and denied to employees even after they request it. Then management blames employees for their poor training. Do not expect to get promoted unless you are good with office politics, especially if you are male. One male is hired or promoted for every 10-12 women. Also, do not expect corporate policy to be applied to every employee.
Pros
Good for switching careers to accounting.
Cons
Pretty much just a stepping stone into other positions.
Fun place to work. Great team members.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2012
The atmosphere was a fun place to work. Many of us work together for many years. We all work hard but, we all had fun at it. It was like having an extended family. We celebrated frequently within the months. We believe in respecting each other and having good values.
We all took our responsiblities seriously and management lead the way by letting us be. We took pride of our work.
Pros
great co-workers. free lunch. constant celebrations. great paid time off benefits. discounts.
Cons
lost our department due to corporate directional change to an out of state share services.
Fun and Friendly Workplace Environment
Lead the Stewarding Department (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 25, 2015
Fast-paced and productive. I learned to coordinate with multiple departments and properties to run a successful operation. Management and co-workers worked as a team. Off - property events are most challenging due to logistics and transportation. People are fun-loving, helpful and friendly.
Pros
Free lunch, Discounted theme park admissions, hotel and restaurant fees, competetive salary & health benefits, employee financial aids, community services, employee benefits programs
Cons
Life-work balance is minimal, aging work equipment in older property.
Great workplace that promotes growth
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 14, 2013
you come in and get straight to work, stocking the bar with necessary items and tools, go over the specials or promotions. great interaction with guests, you get to meet so many people from all over. on certain nights there is music and a great lively feel. managment is nice and backs each employee 100%. there really isnt any task that is too difficult to perform, and everyone is always willing to help.
Pros
benifits are great, free meals and laundry
No room for growth
Travel Planner (Former Employee) –  Nashville TNJune 30, 2015
At the Business Services Center there is little to no room for growth without moving out of state. The management was never helpful and very belittling... I often felt like I was a child with my every move being questioned. You must follow a checklist on every phone call and not miss any point or you risk being written up.
Pros
Occasional catered lunch, free trips for specialists or as prizes.
Cons
No freedom, no growth, management
Productive I talk to my friends and eat my food
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2013
When I get home I feel normal as usual. I have learn many things such as fixing the bed and make corner hospital to the bed. For management its not too hard. My co-workers are very friendly and always ready to help me. The hardest part of the job is lifting the mattress to fix it with the sheets. The most enjoyable part of the job is working and also the guests.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
productive and family friendly environment
housekeepng supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2015
a very good place to grow management is giving all the opportunities for improvement a very friendly environment happy co-workers we always enjoy each others company the whole department the hardest thing is when we have a heavy check out and back to back but after everything we are all happy with what we achieved being given a good rating and to be on top of the best hotels
Pros
good food and free
Cons
i dont see any
not bad its a good starting point
(Team Leader) - Star Trainer (Current Employee) –  phila paNovember 17, 2014
Some good people, real fun environment . has its ups and downs like most jobs. its fast paced, and gets extremely busy at times. but differs depending on the season. but overall. its a good experience. they feed employees for free . you'll have plenty of chances to win gifts, participate in lots of activities and dance in the holiday party that's giving every year.
productive and really good place to grow you knowledge
Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2013
really good and friendly supervisor that wont ever hold you back and will always help you to learn more and always help you with any questions about your job and things that you dont understand about any equipment you working on, i have a nice team behind me that we can count on each other to help us each other and i really have learn a lot we this people specially with the great supervisor i have
Pros
free lunches
Loews is a Great Brand
DSA (Current Employee) –  CAOctober 11, 2014
Loews is great! Your GM and High level executives will learn your name however because Loews doesn't have multiple hotels in most states you have to relocate to step up or be very patient. if you are able to relocate for advancement you are not limited. Because the hotel chain is small you are special and not just a number.
Pros
free lunch, great travel program
Cons
few hotels, must relocate to promote
It was awesome work environment to be employed at.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  1200 market street phila, paOctober 20, 2014
During my work day i recieve my daily report , to check housekeeping rooms to clean daily and also stock my linen cart to refresh my rooms and any other linen share with co worker .during a busy time of the day if i get done early i always try to help my co worker finish on time as being a great team player
Beautiful hotel with great view.
Assistant banquet setup manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PaMarch 8, 2013
Leadership and communication, is the secret to my success.One should always show respect and APPRECIATION.Hardest part of the job, is not being respected and no sense of team work, from other managers. Managers that are not held accountable, for their own wrong doing.Back stabbing and lies.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no reward programs for management.