Loews Hotels & Resorts

Loews Hotels & Resorts Employer Reviews

Enjoy
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2014
I learned a lot from working with Loews.
I was a training officer and started out as a Security Dispatcher
driver
Storeroom Manger (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: work outside
drive car inside and outside the Orlando Airport.
Team work
clean cars
Good enough for almost 10 years
Lakewood Services Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 19, 2014
Was provided ample training to aid in advancing my career. Awesome place to learn the business!
Positive work environment
Assistant Manager of Reservations Operations (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 30, 2014
Great work environment with opportunity for advancement. Loews Hotels is a great positive company to work for. There is room for advancement with opportunities all across the country.
FUN WORKJesus R. Alameda PLACE
Bartender, Restaurant, and Roomservice (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2014
Profile
▪ 15+ years Bartending and Supervising within the Hospitality industry
▪ Strict adherence to age restrictions and alcohol limits cut-off guidelines
▪ Skilled at memorizing food/alcohol order & accurately entering into operating system
▪ Maintained open dialogue among staff to encourage quick resolution to customer concerns
▪ Bilingual (English – more... and Spanish); extensive national and international travel

Skills
Bartender
▪ Mixed ingredients (liquor, soda, water, sugar & bitters) to prepare cocktails and other drinks
▪ Collected payment for drinks; served, balanced cash receipts and made daily bank deposits
▪ Verified customer’s age prior to alcohol purchase, monitored customer’s alcohol consumption, proactively discontinued intake and requested alternative transportation for intoxicated patrons
▪ Cleaned bars, work areas, tables, ordered liquors, bar items & supplies to replenish inventory

Server
▪ Warmly greeted & timely seated customers; to create & maintain a pleasant dining experience
▪ Knowledgeable on menu items/daily specials; appropriately recommending options
▪ Attentive to customer needs; able to handle high volume time periods

Room Service Supervisor
▪ Assigned duties, responsibilities and work stations to employees in accordance with work needs
▪ Trained staff in food preparation, service, sanitation and safety procedures
▪ Acted as liaison between managers and staff to address/re September, 2013-Present – less
Excellent Training
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Saint Pete Beach, FLMarch 19, 2014
Great environment for learning all aspects of hotel operation. Very upscale setting with rigid training regiment. Extremely beneficial to individuals starting out in their career.
Good company overall
Preston's Restaurant Fine Dining -Lead (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 13, 2014
I worked 3 years for the company.Exellent benefits great company.
Great work environment
Human Resources Managemnet Specialist (Former Employee), atlantaMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Good company free lunches good company to work for over all great company to work for
Excellent place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Great place to move up to a better possition.
Great Management
Great team work
Budget cuts make it difficult to ensure proper staffing levels
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: high management turnover means that you can move up quickly!
Cons: overworked and underpaid staff means the best people will find work elsewhere
As most people in the hospitality industry, I worked my way up and into management. Loews Annapolis Hotel has such terrible cuts in their budget for staffing that management ends up working horrible hours (every shift imaginable and all in the same week) just to keep the wheels moving. Avoid this like the plague in terms of management opportunities! – more... Your health with thank you.

The best part of working for Loews would have to be the ability to work with "some" good people. As is common in the Hospitality industry, the professionalism of employees will be a mixed bag. However, I've maintained friendships with many people I've met during my time there. – less
Great company
Barista and Server (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great company, fantastic benefits
Cons: no set schedule
Very diverse atmosphere. Hospitality is key. Great benefits, and great reqoards and recognition. Always reqarding employees for their efforts and hard work.
A multitask environment
Room Service Server / Lounge Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 13, 2013
Pros: stable work environment
Cons: limited growth
I have grown my learning different levels of my job, so the department doesn't suffer. My day involves expediting food& beverage orders, answering phones, cash handling,and staying late on busy days.
I loved working for Loews Hotels and Resorts
Reservationist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 2, 2013
Fantastic company to work for I truly learned alot about the company and how to be a skilled sales and marketing specialist which helped me to be confident when selling to guest.
good
Loss Prevention Officer-On Call (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: benifits as a part timer
very good place to work good people and flexabilty the day is slow and fast depending on the work load.
The Workplace
Dir. Corp. Capital FF&E Renovation Projects (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2013
Corporate Office is in a great location. Very nice group of professionals.
Good place to work in.
Hostess (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2013
I enjoyed working here.
People are always nice.
Managers are always helpful.
Co-workers are very helpful.
Great workplace that promotes growth
Bartender (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLOctober 14, 2013
Pros: benifits are great, free meals and laundry
you come in and get straight to work, stocking the bar with necessary items and tools, go over the specials or promotions. great interaction with guests, you get to meet so many people from all over. on certain nights there is music and a great lively feel. managment is nice and backs each employee 100%. there really isnt any task that is too difficult – more... to perform, and everyone is always willing to help. – less
Clash of espoused versus enacted values
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 2, 2013
Pros: free cafeteria
Cons: hr, healthcare, nashville centralized everything
They make it painfully obvious that the bottom line is more important than anything else, where most companies will make efforts to make your happiness appear more important than it may actually be Loews does nothing to conceal the fact that the profitability is more important than overworking,under paying you or providing only the cheapest healthcare – more... plans.
The training program is ridiculous too, there is a "met" form for everything, HR is like an out of control robot factory. There is no allowance for using your best judgement, or giving a personal, engaging experience because there is a standard for everything from how to check in a family to how you must place butter on a room service tray. – less
We push to the next level.
Hard Rock Hotel - Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2013
Over 11 years of hospitality professional at multiple 4 Diamond Properties with experience in business and family markets for over. Strengths include organizational development, leadership, and effective communication to provide the best customer service.
Productive I talk to my friends and eat my food
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
When I get home I feel normal as usual. I have learn many things such as fixing the bed and make corner hospital to the bed. For management its not too hard. My co-workers are very friendly and always ready to help me. The hardest part of the job is lifting the mattress to fix it with the sheets. The most enjoyable part of the job is working and also – more... the guests. – less

1 2 3