Loews Hotels & Resorts

Loews Hotels & Resorts Employer Reviews

not bad its a good starting point
(Team Leader) - Star Trainer (Current Employee), phila paNovember 17, 2014
Some good people, real fun environment . has its ups and downs like most jobs. its fast paced, and gets extremely busy at times. but differs depending on the season. but overall. its a good experience. they feed employees for free . you'll have plenty of chances to win gifts, participate in lots of activities and dance in the holiday party that's giving – more... every year. – less
Fun place to work
Security/Host (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2014
Patrol, nice co workers, clean environment, management staff was very helpful and attentive. The best part of working was being there. hardest part of the job is the lack of guest contact because i work in the construction area.
Loews is a good place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLNovember 10, 2014
Cons: pay
I learned a lot working at the Loews. I learned so much working in the accounting's department. I am very happy to have worked there.
Fastpace work enviroment and very knowledge able
cook (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2014
Great company with reliable management and very good supporting team

Normal day get to work and cook all shift
It was awesome work environment to be employed at.
Room Attendant (Former Employee), 1200 market street phila, paOctober 20, 2014
During my work day i recieve my daily report , to check housekeeping rooms to clean daily and also stock my linen cart to refresh my rooms and any other linen share with co worker .during a busy time of the day if i get done early i always try to help my co worker finish on time as being a great team player
Loews is a Great Brand
DSA (Current Employee), CAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great travel program
Cons: few hotels, must relocate to promote
Loews is great! Your GM and High level executives will learn your name however because Loews doesn't have multiple hotels in most states you have to relocate to step up or be very patient. if you are able to relocate for advancement you are not limited. Because the hotel chain is small you are special and not just a number.
Enjoyable place to work
Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2014
Friendly workplace with a laid back culture. Managers do not oversee everything you do and let you manage yourself and your work. Employees are very friendly. Company gives free lunch to every employee.
Loews Hotels
Procurement (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 29, 2014
A typical work day at Loews Hotels included answering emails, phone calls, several meetings, and answering to the hotels, as well as immediate management.
Enjoy
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2014
I learned a lot from working with Loews.
I was a training officer and started out as a Security Dispatcher
driver
Storeroom Manger (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: work outside
drive car inside and outside the Orlando Airport.
Team work
clean cars
Good enough for almost 10 years
Lakewood Services Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 19, 2014
Was provided ample training to aid in advancing my career. Awesome place to learn the business!
Positive work environment
Assistant Manager of Reservations Operations (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 30, 2014
Great work environment with opportunity for advancement. Loews Hotels is a great positive company to work for. There is room for advancement with opportunities all across the country.
FUN WORKJesus R. Alameda PLACE
Bartender, Restaurant, and Roomservice (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2014
Profile
▪ 15+ years Bartending and Supervising within the Hospitality industry
▪ Strict adherence to age restrictions and alcohol limits cut-off guidelines
▪ Skilled at memorizing food/alcohol order & accurately entering into operating system
▪ Maintained open dialogue among staff to encourage quick resolution to customer concerns
▪ Bilingual (English – more... and Spanish); extensive national and international travel

Skills
Bartender
▪ Mixed ingredients (liquor, soda, water, sugar & bitters) to prepare cocktails and other drinks
▪ Collected payment for drinks; served, balanced cash receipts and made daily bank deposits
▪ Verified customer’s age prior to alcohol purchase, monitored customer’s alcohol consumption, proactively discontinued intake and requested alternative transportation for intoxicated patrons
▪ Cleaned bars, work areas, tables, ordered liquors, bar items & supplies to replenish inventory

Server
▪ Warmly greeted & timely seated customers; to create & maintain a pleasant dining experience
▪ Knowledgeable on menu items/daily specials; appropriately recommending options
▪ Attentive to customer needs; able to handle high volume time periods

Room Service Supervisor
▪ Assigned duties, responsibilities and work stations to employees in accordance with work needs
▪ Trained staff in food preparation, service, sanitation and safety procedures
▪ Acted as liaison between managers and staff to address/re September, 2013-Present – less
Excellent Training
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Saint Pete Beach, FLMarch 19, 2014
Great environment for learning all aspects of hotel operation. Very upscale setting with rigid training regiment. Extremely beneficial to individuals starting out in their career.
Good company overall
Preston's Restaurant Fine Dining -Lead (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 13, 2014
I worked 3 years for the company.Exellent benefits great company.
Great work environment
Human Resources Managemnet Specialist (Former Employee), atlantaMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Good company free lunches good company to work for over all great company to work for
Excellent place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Great place to move up to a better possition.
Great Management
Great team work
Budget cuts make it difficult to ensure proper staffing levels
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: high management turnover means that you can move up quickly!
Cons: overworked and underpaid staff means the best people will find work elsewhere
As most people in the hospitality industry, I worked my way up and into management. Loews Annapolis Hotel has such terrible cuts in their budget for staffing that management ends up working horrible hours (every shift imaginable and all in the same week) just to keep the wheels moving. Avoid this like the plague in terms of management opportunities! – more... Your health with thank you.

The best part of working for Loews would have to be the ability to work with "some" good people. As is common in the Hospitality industry, the professionalism of employees will be a mixed bag. However, I've maintained friendships with many people I've met during my time there. – less
Great company
Barista and Server (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great company, fantastic benefits
Cons: no set schedule
Very diverse atmosphere. Hospitality is key. Great benefits, and great reqoards and recognition. Always reqarding employees for their efforts and hard work.
A multitask environment
Room Service Server / Lounge Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 13, 2013
Pros: stable work environment
Cons: limited growth
I have grown my learning different levels of my job, so the department doesn't suffer. My day involves expediting food& beverage orders, answering phones, cash handling,and staying late on busy days.

1 2 3

About Loews Hotels & Resorts

Loews Hotels, Inc. was founded in 1946 and continues to own and operate hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Headquartered – Read more

Loews Hotels & Resorts Photos