Loews Philadelphia Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Night Shift
Night Manger (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Great place to work if you are not management.The day to day work day is always eventful and never a dull moment
I am a hard worker and I am trying to understand what other people need
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2014
A Typical day at work :
Everyday we should be approachable, happy, and willingfull to do the job.
What you learned:
We should be more empathy to others so we can give better services to guests.
Management:
We need to give clear information about the tasks what we have to do with respect manner to each others.
Co-workers:
We need to work side by side and help each other to complete the tasks with pleasant manner.
The hardest part of the job:
If the guests are checking out late and the condition of rooms are very difficult to cleaning up in decent hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job:
The co-workers and management work side by side to make the task of the day is complete. We are working hard but we do it with pleasant manner.
Pros
all of us very approachable and have pleasant manner
Cons
the management makes hourly pay for the new employees and old employees are similar or the same.
a fun and productive place to work.
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2014
It's a equal opportunity hotel to work for and they also post other job listings for employee to see that might be interested.
Pros
they do provide free lunch for their employee.
Hospitality and Human Resource experience
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2014
I learned a lot about hospitality and human resources. Learned about multi-tasking for four managers at one time. Conducted interviews. Maintained employee happiness. Organized major monthly and quarterly events. Learned about working with vendors and budget control.
Pros
location, experience in HR
Cons
temporary position
THE JOB that doesnt quit
Manager Dathan (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2013
WE look at the setups needed and execute them to the best of our abilites. MOre than often people management wpuld giv us tasks that cant fit the room or to turn a room in the smallest window of time and we are severly understaffed. The co workers are all ace true soldiers theydont leave cause gthe jobs hard they just work harder. THose room tunrss can make our break a event or our back. In the end as long as the clients happy im happy.
Great Company to work with.
PBX OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was making guest feel comfortable and making sure that there stay was rememberable.
Former Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 21, 2013
It was very disappoint property for growth and careers . There are many games and politics . I moved from down south states to Philadelphia , some managers are not welcoming , Front Office Manager very unprofessional , relationships are sort of mafia relationships . She does too much manipulations . HR is not handling any employee issues . Just sitting there and occupying their chairs . Try Marriott or Star Woods If you have a degree and experience .
Pros
free lunch

Comment – June 11, 2013

After I graduated from Penn State Hotel and Restaurant Management School , started at Loews as Intern at Housekeeping Department. Afterward I promoted as a Supervisor. I really enjoyed the working with Ladies and they are really nice . However I was willing to transfer to Front Office and spoke with Front Office Manager about transferring . She just told me that " I am not qualify " with arrogant attitudes . Very unprofessional Front Office Manager , I am really sure she doesnt have any degree . I did not want to go HR , I was knowing that HR would believe her lies . I dont think so other Loews are the same . Loews Philly has too much games and old styles manager like Current Front Office Manager . Free food , pay is ok .

Productive fun, work place
Guest Request Runner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2013
Typical day was delivering guess amenity's. Learned how to deal with guess. Management was that reliable. Co-worker where great. Hardest part of the job was having to do you job and others employees jobs also. Most enjoyable part was the co-workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Loews Philly
agent (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 5, 2013
I worked at Front Office last year 2012 , Loews is a great company to work and company is growing in the industry . However , Front Office Manager not appropriate for the company, very unprofessional and if you are not her friends , you may get the trouble in any second and she is only fair to her friends and also I heard that she does discriminate some of the employee and she plays all kind of the games at property . Funny thing is , HR has no control of her . If you have a degree and experience , forget to grow at Front Office Department due to lack of vision of front office manager , Other than that , Loews is a great company to work and employee are very nice and friendly . I have some friends who works in other Loews , They are really satisfy with their career and property .
Productive and fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2013
It was very fun working there, each morning we had excercise group and would often be rwarded prizes or badges just for doing little things to help out around the hotel and we also had hot meals provided for lunch free of charge.

Comment – April 30, 2013

A comfortable atmosphere
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2013
The culture of Loews is truly unique. The company promotes a vibrant enviornment. Business is constant and the staff was pleasant.
Work is hard but my coworkers make the work a little easier.
Houskeeing (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2013
A typical day at Loews is to clean rooms according to Loews standards.I stock carts with fresh linen and cleaning supplies.
Pros
free lunches
A great place to work
Line Cook - Sole Food Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2012
I was responsible for the set up of the saute, grill, pantry, or room service station on any given day. I can work any of these stations at a high level. I learned to work well with others on the line and communicate efficiently to get orders out in a timely fashion. Management of the staff in the kitchen is exceptional. Everybody works great together. Communication is key. There is really no hard part to the job. Everyday presents new challanges. I try to overcome them to the best of my ability. The enjoyable part is being successful and getting through service without any problems.
Exteremly busy property
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2012
Managing repeat guest & VIP service programs
Monitoring cashier accuracy and over & short data taking action &
Providing additional training as necessary.
Ensuring adherence to all hotel policy and procedures
Evaluating changes in all guest needs, the hotel's guest mix and
Industry and competitive trends to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes to be made to ensure guest and employee satisfaction, and to maintain market dominance and exceptional financial returns. Maintaining inventories of office supplies
Pros
in the heart of center city
Cons
no room for advancement
I love people !! Its all about making the customer happy and giving quality service .
Cafeteria Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2012
Lowes was a wonderful place to work!! I've gain a great friendship with in the company with the employees and with the customers
not a 4 diamond property
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2012
job security is not gaurenteed at loews phialdelphia the housekeeping department is awful .
Productive work place. Room for growth.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Phildelphia, PANovember 12, 2011
Loews was an exciting and fun place to work. I started my career in the hospitality industry at Loews. The training at Loews is excellent, and ongoing.
Pros
great location.
Cons
high turnover.