Loffredo Fresh Produce Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Bad place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIJune 1, 2017
I worked as plant manager at lfp. I did learn alot but once i figured out how bad the company was i quit. Management was horrible. It wasnt the management in house either. It was all the people in iowa that made everyones life heck. There is micro management in house there as well and the day manager, j.d was a horrible little angry man
Pros
Free produce
Cons
Management and pay
Don't work here
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2017
It flat out bite management long hours for cheap pay trucks barely run they barely pass inspection they work you in the ground and they trader you like nobody
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Some workers are lazy management sucks won't stand up for you
Great place to work for..
Loader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAApril 4, 2017
Great place to work for if u like the night life work shifts get drive around on stand up pallet jacks and forklifts load and unload trucks picking intventory
Pros
Great work place
Fun Place to Work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2017
It's a very challenging job, with room for growth. You go all over the city, learning procedures, different routes, while earning a great pay.
Great place to begin with!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 30, 2016
All co-workers great to work with, easy job once you get the hang of it, but can get very frustrating to start out. When I new guy starts on picking orders and make your route difficult. I always have several people to ask for help, everybody willing to help. I started with just a class B permit within a month and a half I had my license and making good money. Will be working towards my class A very soon. Vacation time is nice already almost have 4 days in 4 months and can use it in a couple weeks. Sometimes the hours suck with having a family with different hours but the pay with overtime is worth it, it's nice getting off between noon and 2.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, laid back, Get your cdl through this place
Cons
Early start times
Fast pace work environment, great co- workers
Warehouse Janitor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2016
This job has gave me opportunities to learn new things. I've done things such as driving a power jack that I never thought I could. I enjoy cleaning and making people happy. Unfortunately my immediate supervisor is not a very professional manager. I am also not making enough money to support my family. This job has no room for advancement or training for a better position.
Pros
Working with great people, and keeping things clean
Cons
Bad management and poor pay
Under paid for the amount of hours/work asked per employee
Assistant Night Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIJanuary 31, 2016
I worked long hours at low pay. Warehouse industry minimum is around $16-$18/hr. I made $15/hr, and I was in Management.
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, and too much required
Great working enviorment, and employees
Truck Loader (Current Employee) –  DeForest, WIJune 2, 2015
Use your badge to enter the building say hello to all my fellow employees in the break room, bundle up for the harsh cold walk-in cooler. say hey to my manager, grab my truck number sheet then a pallet jack, grab a pallet from the racks, and start loading your pallet. The best part of the day is the end of the day considering we can leave out that cooler, and also we can take home some baskets or handfuls of free fruit.
Pros
Employees able to take baskets off fruit everynight
Cons
Very cold enviorment
Great Company to work for
Buyer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 4, 2014
I was with Loffredo Fresh Produce for several years. Was the best learning experience I have had on any job. If seeking for a job, I highly recommend them! My most enjoyable experience was the daily challenges, multi task skills a must! Great co workers at their home office including their branch office locations.
Pros
Great Company
worked there 25 years
Branch/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 14, 2014
I did not agree with direction of management of the company.
Do not work for these guys
class A cdl driver (Current Employee) –  Carter Lake, IAOctober 22, 2012
most of your routes are routed to cross the same road three or four times a day. they hire a lot of family and pay them much higher wages than someone with experience. the operations manager hired his girlfriends son with no CDL as a driver at 14.00/hr and me with a class A CDL and experience at 12.50/hr. Guys have been there for 5-9 years making less than all new hires within the three months. unqualified personnel running the transportation department. just an overall unprofessional, unqualified, and immature group of friends running that place.
Pros
its a paycheck not even close to a career.
Cons
there isnt one positive about the place.
Very high diverse work place
Processing Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 10, 2012
make schedules
Processing foods is different work experience then I'm used to but have adapted
No set time no set schedules for anyone we start then we leave when finished.
Hardest part of job is communicated to employees
I have grown in a different type of career I fill that I have done a good job.
Pros
lots of experience in the food industry
Cons
no set schedules or pay increase for 2 years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loffredo Fresh Produce. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9