Logan's Roadhouse Employee Reviews in United States

Decent workplace, definitely had to work for your money.
Host and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day at Logan's would consist of hosting customers at the front table, busing tables, and getting drink orders for customers if servers needed assistance.
I learned how to multitask while at a fast pace.
Management did not do the greatest job of scheduling. At times we would have too money people scheduled and didn't really make any money then at times we were very short staffed and could not manage at times. Other than that management was good.
There was not necessarily a hard part to this job the only thing that made it hard is when not everybody was doing what they were supposed to be doing. The most enjoyable part was ensuring that customers enjoyed their dining experience and that was doing everything to a T.
Pros
Overtime Oppurtunity
Cons
No work benefits.
Drama, Drama, Drama
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJanuary 5, 2016
For a serving job it is steriotypical to work with primarily females and have drama. However, Logans had cliques that even included people from the management team. The benefits were terrible as were the hours and the small amount of tables per server. The customers were genuinley nice people. The amount of side work, only 1 good manager, all the rumors and drama made it not ever worth it to return.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Drama, TONS of sidework, poor management, 4 tables per server
Work Hard, Play Hard Company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 21, 2016
Logan's is known for employee's being upbeat, and great personality. Although the company allow for fun times, the work to further success of the business is very much a must. One will work hard while working with this company.
Pros
Monthly stipend to eat in the restaurants
Cons
Benefits aren't great
Fun work place upbeat employees and staff, wanted to go to work
Dishwasher, Salad maker, Food prep, Busser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2016
-Upbeat staff and friendly customers.

-The "back of the house" (kitchen work) in restaurant business; how to prepare salad and temperature of meat for salads; dishwashing and speed of back of the house work.

-Management was fun and encouraging.

-Co-workers were fun and upbeat; made me want to come to work.

-The first two weeks of learning the ropes of dishwashing and prepping food; struggling when coming into the second shift dishwashing with a pile to catch up on.

-Everything was enjoyable about the job. Upbeat, fast paced and fun.
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
No breaks sometimes, some lazy co-workers
Fun place to work!
Board runner, host, server (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 21, 2015
I worked at Logans most of high school, and partially into college. I loved it there. Despite the expected drama, I made life long friends and loved my job there.
Pros
Relationships you make, free food sometimes, laid back environment, work harder and get paid more. The BEST restaurant I have ever worked for.
Cons
Not really much if you work hard. Management can be ill sometimes, but most times, they are wonderful!
Upbeat atmosphere, great staff
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 2, 2015
Typical work day consists of opening up restaurant, ensuring every table has necessary items on it and are fully stocked.
Assisting customers as they came in to their seats and greeting them in a timely manor.
I learned a lot of the different food items, different ways of advertising our current promotions.
My co workers were very helpful for the most part and management was very helpful when needed.
My most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a customer happy with their service, food, and all over dining experience.
Pros
Learned a lot about different varieties of dishes.
Cons
Very hard to get my work to work with my schedule around my son.
Extremely fun atmosphere.
Host (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 4, 2016
On a typical day of work I would organize the menus and wait for customers to come in the doors so I can greet them politely and seat them. I learned show to work in a fast paced work environment and how to keep my cool when we were overloading with customers. I also gained excellent customer service skills. The management here was exceptional. The managers knew how to keep the work flow steady while still having fun. Most of my co-workers where really easy to talk to and fun at the times we were not as busy. They knew how to make customers smile when they walked in the doors and gave the customers their full attention. The hardest part of my job was cleaning the bathrooms after hours. The best part of my job was my co-workers and the fun we had.
Pros
free lunches or dinners
Cons
I worked really hard but didn't get noticed
Awesome coworkers, Management is willing to work with your personal and school schedule, Fast paced environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 9, 2016
Working here helped me to develop my people skills. I was really shy when I started, but interacting with all different types of people on a daily basis helped me to break out of my shell. I was in college when I first started working there and the managers were will to make my work schedule around my school hours. They understood that a bunch of college students worked there so they did what they could to make sure everyone who requested off got it for vacations and they transferred people to other locations during winter and summer breaks if they had to go home. One of the worst parts of the job was that we were short staffed a lot in the kitchen and on the floor. Guests would get upset with wait times and take it out on the servers. Most of the coworkers were great and really friendly though and were willing to help you if you needed it.
Pros
50% off any food even on days you don't work
Cons
Long hours with short breaks
Fun Workplace
Waitress/Cook/ Expeditor/Host (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of working on the line in the back of the house then being called to host, serve ,prep, or work the salad line. I starting as a line cook then moved my way to a prep cook, then I started waitress and then I started hosting. I liked this job because they gave me an opportunity to different job titles. Management was very nice. My co-worker were very nice as well such a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was prepping lifting very heavy items.The most enjoyable part of the job was being called to work different positions within the workplace.
This work environment was not friendly.
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mary Esther, FLDecember 3, 2015
At this job I was sexually harassed by head manager, and had to go to corporate about the various incidents. There I experienced favoritism between managers and employees of all kind, which I had never experienced. My first day I was told by several employees that if you didn't fit in and were part of the "group" that I wouldn't last. They were very unorganized and almost failed their first health inspection. I had many problems with the food, it being not properly cooked. Management would often scheduling issues, I was once scheduled as a server for a night shift and they had me on the schedule, but not on the daily board. They then put me on as a host, but I ended put doing all the serving duties for a party of 45 people, didn't receive proper payment. This was not a good work environment by any means. There was no typical day at Logan's.
Pros
I learned more about preparing meat.
Cons
Favoritsm, poor money, and unorganization
Logan's was interesting.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 23, 2016
Logan's has potential to be great. I learned a lot about customer service and how to greet people. I learned many people skills. However, i didn't like the management. They were unorganized and tended to just throw people into shifts just to fill the bracket. I enjoyed working with people, that's why i decided to switch to retail.
Pros
Great coworkers, good atmosphere, learned skills.
Cons
Unorganized, poor communication between staff.
Fun work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 3, 2015
Fun work place with great understanding management. I love the culture of getting to meet new people everyday. I love the loud music and fast pace environment. Its a great place for high school and college students while they are pursuing their education.
Pros
meeting new people, management, discounted food
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, unsteady income
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 14, 2016
§ Responsible for overall operations and profits of a $3.6 million establishment.
§ Ranked in the top five for lowest turnover percentage company-wide.
§ Recognized as the eighth most profitable store in the company.
§ Received numerous accolades for consistently exceeding company sales goals.
§ Directly supervised training for all new managers in the region.
Pros
excellent company benefits
Cons
long travel time to work
My Family with Logan's
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  2820 S MacArthur DriveNovember 5, 2015
I will miss most of the people I work with when I go. It has been a great learning experience and I love the atmosphere,fast pace and people. Just time to go because there is no benefits or job security. It is a lot of work for 2.13 an hour.
Pros
Short days, fun times, laid back
Cons
Work load, no benefits, no teamwork
Pretty so-so experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 19, 2015
I went into this job knowing absolutely nothing about working. It was my first job and the only one I could get with no experience. Although I didn't like my particular job or my managers and most of my coworkers I think had I been more confident and could have handled being a waitress instead of being stuck as a hostess I would have enjoyed this job a lot more. The main thing I didn't like was the management, but I recently revisited the location I worked at and they have a whole new management and system for being a hostess and also seem to have almost an entire new staff so maybe things have changed.
Pros
free food, decent first job experience
Cons
bad discount, management, no breaks
Good for first time employees
Server/Bartender/Trainer/Cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive coworker, and management. Unfortunately, no benefits and the insurance isn't worth it. The hours are flexible and the job is relatively easy.
Cons
No benefits
sadening
Server/ Kitchen Staff/ Key Hourly (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2015
I had worked for this company for around 8 years. This use to be a great company to work for, but then management became very inconstant. It seemed that management did not stay around for very long and every 6 months to a year there were manager going and new ones coming. It came to the point of not being able to move up and advance in the company because management was not around long enough to help you to succeed in that process.
Pros
????
Cons
To much of a turn over for the business to continue to succeed.
fast paced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 9, 2016
I loved working there , it was money everyday and to me thats security . Because your not waiting on anything your throwing yourself out there with positive attitude serving your tables to the best of your ability , pushing yourself , but its one thing to push one self then to be pushed . in my time working there me and another girl were given a party of 22+ in which we both had only ever had a max of 12 and that was already overwhelming .But we tried our best and ended up getting tickets mixed up due to the fact that the manager thought to send others to help us and they were not letting us know what went to what . So needless to say it was a mess and we were yelled at and told that they knew we wouldnt have been able to do it from the start . So i think anything and everythng should be discussed in private . And as a manager not knock your workers down but teach them another way to handle a situation . Better us .
Pros
pay half price on any meal
Cons
rude managers
Fun place to work, nice employees,great food
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 15, 2016
This was my first job and I learned a lot of new things. Management could be a little better. Co-Workers could be a little nicer. There was really nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part was making sure guests were satisfied with service
love
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 1, 2016
This concept was fun from the day I began until the day I left. These are some great operators that I always felt would make the work experience great. They believed in taking care of their management teams and theirs staffs as well. Fresh food, great quality and an overall amazing experience! I don't know how things are now, but when I was there, I truly enjoyed going to work and making it happen!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing