Logan's Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Decent workplace, definitely had to work for your money.
Host and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day at Logan's would consist of hosting customers at the front table, busing tables, and getting drink orders for customers if servers needed assistance.
I learned how to multitask while at a fast pace.
Management did not do the greatest job of scheduling. At times we would have too money people scheduled and didn't really make any money then at times we were very short staffed and could not manage at times. Other than that management was good.
There was not necessarily a hard part to this job the only thing that made it hard is when not everybody was doing what they were supposed to be doing. The most enjoyable part was ensuring that customers enjoyed their dining experience and that was doing everything to a T.
Pros
Overtime Oppurtunity
Cons
No work benefits.
Work Hard, Play Hard Company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 21, 2016
Logan's is known for employee's being upbeat, and great personality. Although the company allow for fun times, the work to further success of the business is very much a must. One will work hard while working with this company.
Pros
Monthly stipend to eat in the restaurants
Cons
Benefits aren't great
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 14, 2016
§ Responsible for overall operations and profits of a $3.6 million establishment.
§ Ranked in the top five for lowest turnover percentage company-wide.
§ Recognized as the eighth most profitable store in the company.
§ Received numerous accolades for consistently exceeding company sales goals.
§ Directly supervised training for all new managers in the region.
Pros
excellent company benefits
Cons
long travel time to work
Drama, Drama, Drama
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJanuary 5, 2016
For a serving job it is steriotypical to work with primarily females and have drama. However, Logans had cliques that even included people from the management team. The benefits were terrible as were the hours and the small amount of tables per server. The customers were genuinley nice people. The amount of side work, only 1 good manager, all the rumors and drama made it not ever worth it to return.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Drama, TONS of sidework, poor management, 4 tables per server
Pay is not worth the work done.
Salad/Prep (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 26, 2016
This place doesn't provide compensation that is worth the work. My co-workers were great and some of the managers would help you when asked.
Was not a great place to work when I was there
Hostess/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 9, 2016
On a typical day management was not very good the company hired people that didn't know what they were doing. You would tell them/ right down what days you were available and they would schedule you for the days you were not available, then try to write you up when you didn't show up for those days. I did learn how to talk to customers better and defuse situations and make the customer happy again. My co-workers were actually quite great if you needed help they were always there, if you needed someone to cover your shift they were more than willing to take it and help you out. The hardest part of the job was the management and customers. Most enjoyable part was my co-works and the work itself.
Pros
Great co-worker
Cons
usually no break and management is terrible
Overall:I loved my job
Server (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 15, 2016
Working at Logans in Bossier City was very up and down. You never knew what was right and wrong from shift to shift depending on the manager on duty. The management definitely has favoritism and are not on the same page with the rest of the management team or the staff. But I can say that when you were on their good side, it was good for sure. Most managers aside from one in particular whom is fairly new, who seems to have no life experience, were understanding that employees have family and lives too. Their were more good days than bad days at logans and I met some great folks there. But with their financial troubles as a whole, filing bankruptcy and all, I don't know how long jobs with logans will be available.
Pros
Good Money, Fun Environment
Cons
Poor management Team
Fun place to work, friendly people, great work benefits.
Hostess (PREVIOUS) (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work as a hostess, is to clock In and stand behind a hostess stand. Greeting customers as they come in, making them feel welcomed, and giving them the best customer service we can. Management is great, always there when needed, always their to satisfy customers need. Very supportive, and always someone you can count on. The co-workers there are wonderful, they are team players for sure. We always help one another out even if it isn't our job too. The hardest part about the job is, the wait times. Especially when your company do not provide all ahead seatings or reservations. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to control the flow of the restaurant, and being able to be the first person customers look at.
Pros
Free lunches when training, discounted meals.
Cons
Short breaks, or no breaks when extremely busy.
Good Company to Work For
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2016
Logan's Roadhouse has many great employees and is a fun place to work. Compensation and benefits are average. Quality of life varies is dependent on staffing.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inconsistent direction from corporate office
Fun workplace with friendly coworkers and management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MI 49316August 17, 2016
I have been at Logan's Roadhouse for a little more than 6 months now and I love working there, but the funds just aren't cutting it for me. I love all of my coworkers and my managers, they're all so friendly and helpful. My friends are what keep me there for the most part. I mostly bus tables and get them set up for the next set of customers. Occasionally I run the board and seat the customers myself if I am the only host on the clock. It gets a little rough sometimes when we have a lot of guests coming through the doors at once, but we always seem to keep up with it. We do our best to make sure every customer has a smile on their face when they walk out the door.
Fun place to work, great management, fun coworkers
Host (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 3, 2016
I was at the Chester location of Logan's when they opened up in January of 2010. Management was top notch. Any problems that may have arose were immediately fixed both for guests and employees. Friday through Sunday was always packed which made our job enjoyable. There were many regulars that would come in at least once a week and they were like family. I stay in touch with many of my former coworkers from Logan's. I truly treasure my experience of working at Logan's because it gave me a much better appreciation for restaurant employees whenever I go out to eat now.
Pros
Fun environment, great management, getting to know guests on a personal level, gaining lifelong friendships with coworkers
A Great Family Oriented Place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXAugust 3, 2016
The environment at Logan's Weatherford is outstanding. Although it seems that you have to be "in" with some of the Management to go places there and get more hours and get to Open and Close, over all it is a wonderful place to work. Its fun and you build lasting friendships to take you through life. Everyone has fun and makes the days go by, Kitchen staff are absolutely amazing and they have some the best cooks around. I would recommend it to anyone. I miss being there for sure. It was a great part of my life and would go back in a heartbeat if I did not live 85 miles away.
Pros
Great Management and Staff
Cons
Work too hard to get the hours you deserve
Logan's is good if you have absolutely no other choice.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 9, 2016
Logan's is good with my schedule if I could get the managers to follow it. It seems that no one kept a record of the days that I could work because I had to give a new availability form to every manager that was replaced to do the schedules.
I work a typical hostess job even though I applied to be a server and was promised a position serving a week upon hiring, It has been seven months and I am still hostessing.
The most enjoyable part of my job, which I have just recently been promoted to, is taking carryout orders, being able to interact more with customers, and they will tip me according to my helpfulness.
As the title of the summary states Logan's is good if you have absolutely no other choice.
Pros
50% off meals while still at work. 20% off if not on the job.
Cons
disrespectful co-workers
My Family with Logan's
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  2820 S MacArthur DriveNovember 5, 2015
I will miss most of the people I work with when I go. It has been a great learning experience and I love the atmosphere,fast pace and people. Just time to go because there is no benefits or job security. It is a lot of work for 2.13 an hour.
Pros
Short days, fun times, laid back
Cons
Work load, no benefits, no teamwork
Good for first time employees
Server/Bartender/Trainer/Cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive coworker, and management. Unfortunately, no benefits and the insurance isn't worth it. The hours are flexible and the job is relatively easy.
Cons
No benefits
Fun work place upbeat employees and staff, wanted to go to work
Dishwasher, Salad maker, Food prep, Busser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2016
-Upbeat staff and friendly customers.

-The "back of the house" (kitchen work) in restaurant business; how to prepare salad and temperature of meat for salads; dishwashing and speed of back of the house work.

-Management was fun and encouraging.

-Co-workers were fun and upbeat; made me want to come to work.

-The first two weeks of learning the ropes of dishwashing and prepping food; struggling when coming into the second shift dishwashing with a pile to catch up on.

-Everything was enjoyable about the job. Upbeat, fast paced and fun.
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
No breaks sometimes, some lazy co-workers
Worst experience ever
Server (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 15, 2016
The managers we're horrendous. I was even chased out of the restaurant for crying and she called me a baby. The other manager is the most unpleasant person I've ever came in contact with and customers even complained about how rude she was. Employees did "bad things" in the parking lot. Managers we're engaging in relations with employees. The coworkers we're hostile and I was often harrassed by kitchen staff and nothing was done by the managers about it. This place damaged me mentally. Do not work here. Better yet close the place down.
fast paced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 9, 2016
I loved working there , it was money everyday and to me thats security . Because your not waiting on anything your throwing yourself out there with positive attitude serving your tables to the best of your ability , pushing yourself , but its one thing to push one self then to be pushed . in my time working there me and another girl were given a party of 22+ in which we both had only ever had a max of 12 and that was already overwhelming .But we tried our best and ended up getting tickets mixed up due to the fact that the manager thought to send others to help us and they were not letting us know what went to what . So needless to say it was a mess and we were yelled at and told that they knew we wouldnt have been able to do it from the start . So i think anything and everythng should be discussed in private . And as a manager not knock your workers down but teach them another way to handle a situation . Better us .
Pros
pay half price on any meal
Cons
rude managers
Exciting, fun atmosphere
Bartender/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALDecember 9, 2015
Fast paced workplace, never a dull moment and delicious food.
Open door policy allowed for open communication and feedback.
Pros
atmosphere, flexibility
Cons
healthcare, benefits
Easy
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 18, 2016
A typical work day was slow depending on the time and day. I learned to handle money an deal with customers of all types. My coworkers were great for the most part and there were many that I enjoyed working with. Management was great when I first started but its not anymore. The hardest part was staying calm with customers who would get mad and blame you for something ypu couldnt control. The most enjoyable part was all the friends i made and the customers who remember me.

2.9