Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse Employer Reviews

Fun workplace
Head Server (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNDecember 16, 2014
Pros: 1/2 lunches
Cons: no brakes
Very upbeat restaurant. Served tables, hosted, expoed, and sometimes worked as an assistant manager/ key holder. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people.
serving, hosting and to go's
Server and hostess (Current Employee), Antioch, TNDecember 11, 2014
Cons: understaffed, lack of discipline
I've been at Logan's about 7 months and in that time i have served in the dining room and take out. serving in the dining room differs vastly by shift.

AM SERVERS
AM shift (10:30am to 4:00pm) is mostly a slower pace with a lunch rush at 3:00 and consists of the elderly, older couples, and business folk, the tips are higher since you have more time – more... to spend with your tables.

AM HOSTING
There are two hosts splitting the tip pool during lunch, one is to remain at the door and the other is in charge of taking and preparing call in orders, running food, and distributing change when needed. Both hosts must bus and set tables, upkeep the bathroom, and greet/ seat guests.

PM SERVING
Pm shift (4:00pm to close) is pretty steady with a dinner rush at around 6:00pm and consists of families, and younger people. the tips depend on your table flip rate. if hosts have to bus of your tables during the rush you will probably be the only section available and most likely will get double or triple sat. in most cases dinner tips are lower due to ignorance, (young and old ratchet) there are also those table that try to complain to get free food, and tables that run you breathless. after closing server side work consist of rolling silver ware, portioning butter ramekins for rolls, table set up (full peanut bucket, a full sugar catty; six pink, six blue, six yellow, and ten white. swept section, table ads in place, table cloth a dollar in length all around the table) and depending on your section portioning sugar, flipping dressings station or other restaurant sanitation tasks. there are three servers in charge of checking your side work and signing you out.

PM HOSTING
There are a range from two to six host dinner (receive tip pool) not including the to go night host (doesn't receive tip pool), number one has to make and monitor the rotation ( doesn't leave the door) number two seats guests (seats then returns promptly to the door) number three and four are server assistants which means the bus and reset tables. number five fills in the slack where ever needed, and number six would be the food runner for the window out. if there are less then six these tasks are divided among the hosts.host closing side work is split up between the hosts, the list consists of stacking and cleaning the high chairs/ booster seats, stocking the bathroom, taking out the trash, switching out dinner menus for lunch menus, rolling up the welcome mats, cleaning the windows, sweeping entrance, cleaning out ashtrays, cleaning waiting area, and filling up peanut barrel. HOST ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO HELP SERVERS WITH THEIR SADE WORK BECAUSE OF TIP POOL!!

sever pay $2.13 hr
host pay $4.23 hr plus 2% tip pool from server sales
to go server $5.00 hr
bartender $5.00 hr plus 1% tip pool from server sales
TIP POOL IS SPLIT BETWEEN HOSTS, BUSSERS, AND BARTENDERS – less
Fast Pace
Cook (Former Employee), GoldsboroDecember 10, 2014
Cook, fry,temped, and assemble premium foods. Taught me how to serve high quality dishes.
Great Place for first time job
Server (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKDecember 9, 2014
I work there for nearly two years and enjoyed every bit of it! Its awesome having regular customers that come in and you end up getting to know more about them!
Not the best
Server (Former Employee), Dalton, GADecember 6, 2014
Pros: cash in hand, laid back, work schedule
Cons: paycheck, management, co-workers
A typical day at Logan's Roadhouse would be doing whatever we please basically. Management Is not friendly and uses you as much as you allow. Co-workers do not know how to talk to others, they're very rude and treat the cooks terribly. There was nothing hard about the job, and they continued to keep workers who do not work but typically sit around on – more... their phone. The most enjoyable part of the job I will say is the atmosphere of the restaurant. I loved knowing the menu as well as I did, it makes your job so much more desirable when you want to learn the things to do your job to the fullest. I made my money by how good I was at my job and how well I performed doing so. I am glad to say that Logan's Roadhouse was my last restaurant industry job because I will not go back to relying on "tips' as my income. – less
Issues
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Dalton, GADecember 4, 2014
Pros: i could do whatever i want.
Cons: people don't know how to talk to others at all.
poor leadership of employees resulting in lack of quality and service.
Working at Logans.
Host, Server (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at Logans Roadhouse would be coming into work with a smile on your face. Id start off with making butter trays or stocking everything our shift needed,that way i could focus more on my customers when we became busy. Id take orders and bring out rolls and later their food. I liked to talk to my customers about their stories and soon i had – more... my regulars, people who requested me. We had a great team working there, someone would always help out by taking your table a drink or something to the table when you were extremely busy with another table. I liked working at Logans because it was a great team we had. – less
Just another body
host (Former Employee), san antonio 410 & airport areaNovember 26, 2014
Pros: you get paid
Cons: no fun, not a very happy place to work
Nothing special, work until they are done with you, only nice when they want something (ie: someone didn't show up and they want you to work a double or stay late). Or they need help washing didhes! Not a bad job but nothing fun, just work and minmal pay at best. No benefits!
prodictive
Key Hourly Manager/Server (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 21, 2014
Fast paced. Never a dull moment always changing. Never see the same thing. It is a nice place. Made good money but have to work hard.
Fun work environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Madison, TNNovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed metting new people all the time. I loved waiting on people and making people happy. I have made some lifelong friends while working at Logans.
Fast-paced. Good environment.
Server (Former Employee), Anderson, SCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: we always listened to the radio while we worked.
Cons: short breaks.
We had to be at work at 7am, talked about the days schedule. At 7:30 am we would clock in and start our day. Each person had to complete 900 refrigerator shelves a day. We took a break at 12pm for our lunch and clocked back in at 12:30pm. We fininshed day at 3:30pm and cleaned up our work spaces before clocking out.
Fun place to work with a great atmosphere.
Server (Current Employee), Monroe, NCNovember 4, 2014
While working at Logan's Roadhouse I have enjoyed my time, the people I have met, the opportunities I was given all while still attending school. When I first began at Logan's Roadhouse I had no clue that I would be where I am within the company. I first began with the intention of making some extra money for college. However Logan's worked with me – more... while I was at school and allowed me to work on the weekends. After completing college I was given the opportunity to be a bartender. While bar tending not only been a better since of income it has pushed me to rely on myself and be confident in my work. Over the past few months I have begun LSM which is local store marketing. I take food and products to businesses trying to promote our company to come eat, have a business meeting, or have a party within our restaurant. When I first began at Logan's having to approach people and be the starter of conversation was the most difficult thing for me. However over time I have to come to love talking with people and learning about their lives. Logan's provided me with a lovely family of coworkers and the confidence to be more social and confident person. – less
Logan's Is A Good Place To Work
Server, Buzzer and Silverware roller (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2014
Logan's is great I just think that the management could have been more professional at times.
Not a great place to work
Server (Former Employee), Hoover,ALNovember 1, 2014
Management could use improvement
Some servers are great workers, while others are lazy
Fun Place to Work
Server (Former Employee), Trussville, ALOctober 30, 2014
Pros: had made my coworkers as my second family. team work
Cons: no breaks
I enjoy working with Logans. I really miss the family i had while working there. Each day was something new, I enjoy learning new things. The management was awesome, always there when you needed them. My co-workers were like my second family, We all worked great as a team. Hardest part of the job was nothing, the job was so easy to learn. I enjoy meeting – more... new people and setting goals for myself to reach. – less
Good place to start out
Hostess (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 26, 2014
Management could use improvement. They weren't very well at training. Co-workers were lovely and helpful.
A fast pace work place
Attendant (Current Employee), Humble, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: the pro is pays my bills
Cons: health care is to much.
I have worked for Logan's Roadhouse for about 5 years with the exception of having my daughter.The duties I preform are waiting tables. Attending and interacting with customers. I bartend and clean. I prepare food as well.
Great atmosphere, Good customers, Great Location. Wonderful Management
Hostess (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: discount on food while you are on clock for your lunch.
Cons: not enough work hours. need better schedule to accomodate school.
I love my job. Just not enough hours. I am only scheduled approx. 10-15 hour per week. Also I get out of school each day at 12. So I am available to work as soon as 1pm. However, most time I am scheduled for evening shift until 11pm. I don't mind working nights. I just would prefer that it would be more hours at night; if I am scheduled for nights. – more... I do prefer working 1pm until early evening; to allow me time to study for my Senior Year.
My management is awesome. They expect you to come to work and do your job. As long as you do it. No problems. My coworkers are quirky and friendly. Good people to work with. – less
Great family style place to visit
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: long hours
When working the front of the house I was responsible for guest
service including the bar.
Also served as the kitchen manager.
Schedule front of the house and back of house labor, inventory,etc.
Fun workplace, entertaining
Bartender and Server (Former Employee), Dalton, GAOctober 15, 2014
Entertaining workplace, I loved interacting with customers mostly because I am GREAT with people. At times I wish management was all on one page and using communication but since my time working there, management has changed I have learned for the better!

1 2 3 4 5

About Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse, Inc. (Logan's Roadhouse) is a full-service restaurant chain. The Company's menu features an assortment of specially – Read more