Logan's Roadhouse Employee Reviews in United States

Decent workplace, definitely had to work for your money.
Host and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day at Logan's would consist of hosting customers at the front table, busing tables, and getting drink orders for customers if servers needed assistance.
I learned how to multitask while at a fast pace.
Management did not do the greatest job of scheduling. At times we would have too money people scheduled and didn't really make any money then at times we were very short staffed and could not manage at times. Other than that management was good.
There was not necessarily a hard part to this job the only thing that made it hard is when not everybody was doing what they were supposed to be doing. The most enjoyable part was ensuring that customers enjoyed their dining experience and that was doing everything to a T.
Pros
Overtime Oppurtunity
Cons
No work benefits.
Work Hard, Play Hard Company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 21, 2016
Logan's is known for employee's being upbeat, and great personality. Although the company allow for fun times, the work to further success of the business is very much a must. One will work hard while working with this company.
Pros
Monthly stipend to eat in the restaurants
Cons
Benefits aren't great
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 14, 2016
§ Responsible for overall operations and profits of a $3.6 million establishment.
§ Ranked in the top five for lowest turnover percentage company-wide.
§ Recognized as the eighth most profitable store in the company.
§ Received numerous accolades for consistently exceeding company sales goals.
§ Directly supervised training for all new managers in the region.
Pros
excellent company benefits
Cons
long travel time to work
Drama, Drama, Drama
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJanuary 5, 2016
For a serving job it is steriotypical to work with primarily females and have drama. However, Logans had cliques that even included people from the management team. The benefits were terrible as were the hours and the small amount of tables per server. The customers were genuinley nice people. The amount of side work, only 1 good manager, all the rumors and drama made it not ever worth it to return.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Drama, TONS of sidework, poor management, 4 tables per server
Pay is not worth the work done.
Salad/Prep (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 26, 2016
This place doesn't provide compensation that is worth the work. My co-workers were great and some of the managers would help you when asked.
Good Company to Work For
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2016
Logan's Roadhouse has many great employees and is a fun place to work. Compensation and benefits are average. Quality of life varies is dependent on staffing.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inconsistent direction from corporate office
My Family with Logan's
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  2820 S MacArthur DriveNovember 5, 2015
I will miss most of the people I work with when I go. It has been a great learning experience and I love the atmosphere,fast pace and people. Just time to go because there is no benefits or job security. It is a lot of work for 2.13 an hour.
Pros
Short days, fun times, laid back
Cons
Work load, no benefits, no teamwork
Good for first time employees
Server/Bartender/Trainer/Cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive coworker, and management. Unfortunately, no benefits and the insurance isn't worth it. The hours are flexible and the job is relatively easy.
Cons
No benefits
Exciting, fun atmosphere
Bartender/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALDecember 9, 2015
Fast paced workplace, never a dull moment and delicious food.
Open door policy allowed for open communication and feedback.
Pros
atmosphere, flexibility
Cons
healthcare, benefits
Fun work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 3, 2015
Fun work place with great understanding management. I love the culture of getting to meet new people everyday. I love the loud music and fast pace environment. Its a great place for high school and college students while they are pursuing their education.
Pros
meeting new people, management, discounted food
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, unsteady income
Fun work place upbeat employees and staff, wanted to go to work
Dishwasher, Salad maker, Food prep, Busser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2016
-Upbeat staff and friendly customers.

-The "back of the house" (kitchen work) in restaurant business; how to prepare salad and temperature of meat for salads; dishwashing and speed of back of the house work.

-Management was fun and encouraging.

-Co-workers were fun and upbeat; made me want to come to work.

-The first two weeks of learning the ropes of dishwashing and prepping food; struggling when coming into the second shift dishwashing with a pile to catch up on.

-Everything was enjoyable about the job. Upbeat, fast paced and fun.
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
No breaks sometimes, some lazy co-workers
Awesome coworkers, Management is willing to work with your personal and school schedule, Fast paced environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 9, 2016
Working here helped me to develop my people skills. I was really shy when I started, but interacting with all different types of people on a daily basis helped me to break out of my shell. I was in college when I first started working there and the managers were will to make my work schedule around my school hours. They understood that a bunch of college students worked there so they did what they could to make sure everyone who requested off got it for vacations and they transferred people to other locations during winter and summer breaks if they had to go home. One of the worst parts of the job was that we were short staffed a lot in the kitchen and on the floor. Guests would get upset with wait times and take it out on the servers. Most of the coworkers were great and really friendly though and were willing to help you if you needed it.
Pros
50% off any food even on days you don't work
Cons
Long hours with short breaks
Logan's is good if you have absolutely no other choice.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 9, 2016
Logan's is good with my schedule if I could get the managers to follow it. It seems that no one kept a record of the days that I could work because I had to give a new availability form to every manager that was replaced to do the schedules.
I work a typical hostess job even though I applied to be a server and was promised a position serving a week upon hiring, It has been seven months and I am still hostessing.
The most enjoyable part of my job, which I have just recently been promoted to, is taking carryout orders, being able to interact more with customers, and they will tip me according to my helpfulness.
As the title of the summary states Logan's is good if you have absolutely no other choice.
Pros
50% off meals while still at work. 20% off if not on the job.
Cons
disrespectful co-workers
I love a workplace that is known for five star all star performance
server (Former Employee) –  gulfport msJuly 5, 2015
i would be honored to accomplish joining the ones that i apply for and would be estatic to join.and worked as a great person and employee i loved the atmosphere and co workers managers around the time of employment with logans would do it all over again if im offered the opportunity too.
Pros
free lunch or even half off is a gain n happy to enjoy what u let me.
Cons
insurance and raised when offered overtime if available always needed.
fast paced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 9, 2016
I loved working there , it was money everyday and to me thats security . Because your not waiting on anything your throwing yourself out there with positive attitude serving your tables to the best of your ability , pushing yourself , but its one thing to push one self then to be pushed . in my time working there me and another girl were given a party of 22+ in which we both had only ever had a max of 12 and that was already overwhelming .But we tried our best and ended up getting tickets mixed up due to the fact that the manager thought to send others to help us and they were not letting us know what went to what . So needless to say it was a mess and we were yelled at and told that they knew we wouldnt have been able to do it from the start . So i think anything and everythng should be discussed in private . And as a manager not knock your workers down but teach them another way to handle a situation . Better us .
Pros
pay half price on any meal
Cons
rude managers
Fun place to work!
Board runner, host, server (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 21, 2015
I worked at Logans most of high school, and partially into college. I loved it there. Despite the expected drama, I made life long friends and loved my job there.
Pros
Relationships you make, free food sometimes, laid back environment, work harder and get paid more. The BEST restaurant I have ever worked for.
Cons
Not really much if you work hard. Management can be ill sometimes, but most times, they are wonderful!
Friendly atmosphere with a adverse group of people to work with.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at Logan's Roadhouse. A typical day included customer interaction and maintaining a clean and safe work area. I learned a lot about the different types people that live within my community. I really liked meeting new people and learning about them. Making small talk with our customers helped me improve my people skills and become more efficient at my job. The hardest part of my job was receiving poor tips from time to time. This was hard for me because I felt as if I gave them my best and there was no complaint about service or food, but, still, the tip was less than fair. Nonetheless, I kept my head up and treated every customer the same.
Pros
Discount on meals and meeting new people
Cons
low pay (2.13 a hour) and long hours, no benefits
Extremely fun atmosphere.
Host (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 4, 2016
On a typical day of work I would organize the menus and wait for customers to come in the doors so I can greet them politely and seat them. I learned show to work in a fast paced work environment and how to keep my cool when we were overloading with customers. I also gained excellent customer service skills. The management here was exceptional. The managers knew how to keep the work flow steady while still having fun. Most of my co-workers where really easy to talk to and fun at the times we were not as busy. They knew how to make customers smile when they walked in the doors and gave the customers their full attention. The hardest part of my job was cleaning the bathrooms after hours. The best part of my job was my co-workers and the fun we had.
Pros
free lunches or dinners
Cons
I worked really hard but didn't get noticed
Work place is decent. Fun employees make the job better.
Salad, Grill, Expo, Dish, Host, Fry, ect. (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 1, 2015
This job can be very high paced, and at times can be overwhelming. I have been here over 2 years and have learned everything there is to know about the kitchen and its operations.
A typical day consists of getting there 15 minutes early everyday, to stock up my line, clean and prepare for the evening rush. My co-workers are generally alright. I would say half of them are good dedicated workers, and about the other half are not so well, but i do work well with all of them to get the job done. After the rush is over, we engage in all sorts of cleaning duties for the rest of the night. The managers are always there to help us when needed. Typically my nights are decent, i would just like to seek better opportunity, along with a much higher wage, first shift, full time, and benefits.
Pros
Half off meals.
Cons
No benefits, bi-weekly pay, low wages, sometimes unreliable co-workers, very slight advancement in the workplace.
Typical Serving Job
Server (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 27, 2015
You are not allowed to go over 40 hours, which is typical of any serving job. Relatively fun and laid-back work environment. Average tips, but largest amount of side work required in comparison to other restaurant jobs I've held. Overall, pretty good serving job. Managers are typically very flexible with schedule.
Pros
50% off food, fun/laid-back job atmosphere
Cons
No benefits, low hourly wages, high turnover rate, great deal of sidework

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logan's Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.