Logan's Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Good Food and Consistent Scheduling
Dishwasher, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I worked here as a dish washer. And it is a very fast paced job. You need to know how to hustle. You can not be lazy by any sense of the word. They will let you listen to music while your in the kitchen. And you set your own pace at work. You get to take breaks whenever you want as long as your all caught up at your station.

The Management was not the greatest tho. At the time that i worked there they fired the all the managers for violations to the Health Code. The current store is probably a different story though. They hired all new management. So i am willing to bet it is more organised than it once was.
Pros
Laid Back Work Environment, Free Food, Set Scheduling
Cons
Bad Management, Rarely any Opportunity for a raise.
Great food not so great work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSFebruary 8, 2017
Working for Logan's Roadhouse definitely had ups and downs. A typical work day was significant fighting between employees, vulgar music in the kitchen, and unhappy managers who brought personal problems to work.

I will say the kitchen is clean and the food safety is adequate. Food is always prepared according to highly acknowledged food safety standards and gloves are worn etc.

I can also honestly say that I would praise ONE manager for fairness and hard work. After working with the company two years, several managers came and went, changed protocols, changed duties etc. I definitely learned to adjust to quick, but sometimes major, changes in any given environment. As far as Logan's management was never consistent.

Although Logan's was a FUN, laid back work environment, (mostly from lack of management and slow business), there was a lot of drama that was among back and front of house employees, which sometimes made a work day miserable. This problem was always unrecognizable among management.
Fun environment, sports played on televisions and great music
Server (Current Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day at work for me is quite easy due with my customer service skills. I have learned to have a lot of patience and try to troubleshoot issues with trying to keep customers calm and satisfied. Management at my company is up and down, a lot of conflict of interest. That makes it harder for co-workers to listen to some managers due to the relationships that some manager to manager friendships. The culture of serving is pretty cool. You work about 90% of the time independently which is nice but you do have a team still. I'd say the hardest part of my job would be the non-consistent schedule. It makes things hard to plan and rough on a family life. And you don't always know how much money you will bring home each day/night.
Pros
Discounted items, being noticed and rewarding about accomplishments you have done
Cons
money, scheduling
Fast-paced work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day at Logan's involved checking to make sure that the serving stations and tables were clean and stocked, taking care of your guests, running food and drinks for yourself and other servers. I learned how to be an excellent waitress and memorize items quickly. Management was poor. My managers were very unprofessional and disorganized. The culture of Logan's Roadhouse was friendly. I really enjoyed my coworkers and my guests, and I loved the high energy of working busy shifts. The hardest part of the job was learning how to be a server. I was hired on before the restaurant was done being built, so I was new to everything. The best part of the job though was the work flow. I loved being a waitress, I loved my coworkers, I love training new servers and closing the serving alley at night.
Pros
First real job experience
Cons
Too much corporate influence
Poor performance overall
Server (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 12, 2016
No job security as they have filed bankruptcy recently and shut stores down without notice to employees. They recruit managers from.other restaurants before promoting from within the company. Descisions by management are often made from a personal view-point, not a professional view-point. Many guests were just upset at the overall decline in food quality in the last few years. Products are coming in premaid instead of food being prepared fresh. The food used to be fresh.
Pros
Fun, energetic atmosphere. Flexible scheduling. Great regulars!
Cons
Under developed management team, corporate level managers have no concern for.restaurant level employees
Logan's Roadhouse
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 15, 2016
Logan's provided me with the opportunity to develop and grow my career. I was able to advance through every management area and take over a struggling Memphis market as a Regional Manager. As a Regional Manager I was able to grow the market and eventually had 12 restaurants in 4 states. We also were able to drive guests satisfaction results and profitability to one of the top regions in the company.
Pros
Development opportunities
Cons
N/A
Not the best place to work, but a job's a job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 12, 2017
This restaurant is full of drama. I haven't worked at a restaurant that hasn't been full of drama, however. Getting hired was easy because I had a friend that worked here. The people you work with come and go very quickly because they will pretty much hire anyone. People who have been here for a while will have "seniority" over newer people which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but sometimes you get overlooked and not given a chance for any advancement. The managers here are either VERY favorable and flirty toward guy servers or they are bipolar in how they treat you. They could be in a very happy mood one day and ready to write you up for something menial the next. This is absolutely the worst job I've ever had and I do not recommend working here. However, if you do apply, all you need to do is visit the restaurant and talk to some of the employees and if you get them to like you, you can ask them to get you an interview or definitely on the top of the list to get one.
Pros
Employee discount on food
Horrible General Manager and Horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXOctober 11, 2016
The management was absolutely horrible, the only good manager was Adam and they had him fired. If you become a server there don't become a closer or they will take your hours away and make you make less money. All the management care about there is their bonuses they will receive from making sure they are under hours.
Pros
1/2 Priced lunch
Cons
Horrible hours, Horrible management, Hostile workplace
out of business
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 30, 2017
My day consisted of greeting/talking to our amazing guests who walked through the front doors, seating them in their desired section (if available), accommodating to the guests needs.
I learned how to carry more then 4 (four) plates of food at a time. Being personable and bubbly is my second nature.
The management was very fun loving, stern and easy going.
My co-workers were absolutely amazing Such a joy to be around. Some had their own personal issues but they never implemented their problems on me, nor anyone else.
The hardest aspect of this job was having to address unhappy customer. I could handle it but I do not like to see people unhappy with my work/my co-workers work.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people on the daily, making connections that I still have today.
Nice place to work with really good management
Server (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 8, 2017
Logans was my absolute favorite place to work. Before each shift they briefed us on what we were out of, if there were any new items on the menu and what we needed to try and sell that day. It was a requirement that we try to sell two alcoholic drinks and two appetizers before the customer orders. Food was always out promptly. We were assigned another server each shift and you were both supposed to help each other throughout the day. It was the most organized restaurant I have ever worked in. If I hadn't have totaled my car I would have definitely continued working there, but without transportation I had no choice. I have transportation now but it looks like Logan's closed down in Beavercreek, Ohio.
Pros
Great management, organized, coworkers help one another
Cons
Sometimes there were too many servers and I didnt make as much money as I usually did
Kind managementbut fairly unprofessional and unorganized
N/A (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 12, 2017
The management at my store is great. They try to be fair and personable but the hours are messy no matter what you know how to do. Schedules are sometimes put up late and you might have to call in.

The servers work doubles mainly from 10 in the morning to around 11 at night with an hour break in between.

They unfairly balance work hours between front of the house staff, and kitchen staff.

The I'm organization might be due to revamping their restaurant because a lot of them have closed in the last year or so and I wish them luck, but not a very fun place to work or rely on besides working with an awesome team
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Hours paid, reliability, scheduling, organization
Fun loving work place
Host/Server help (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 7, 2016
The management was very fun loving, stern and easy going.
Very active
Server (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKNovember 4, 2016
I was a server at logans awesome first job for a teen. fast pace keeps you on your toes and everyone helps everyone. management was awesome and co-workers also! hardest part of the job was remembering customer orders. compensation for your work is low but its a restaurant you live off the tips!
Pros
fast pace and great people
Cons
low compensation and no benifits
Company needs new management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 18, 2017
Interacting with others was enjoyable, greeting customers and assuring there satisfaction. Management was not encouraging and I feel that there is no opportunity for advancement here.
Great learning experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 9, 2017
Working at Logan's Roadhouse it was a great learning experience. I've learned how to prep, cook, and read a prep book. I wasn't trained on anything but some great employees showed me how to do multiple things at Logan's Roadhouse. Management is okay, no one is on the same page regarding scheduling and how things are suppose to be done. The typical day started off with prepping everything for my station. Then I would set up my line. If I was done before we open I would make sure everyone else is ready for the lunch rush. There wasn't really a hardest part of the day, I would just go in and do my job.
Pros
Learning to cook.
Cons
Short handed, no team work, and disrespectful employees.
Great management and a lot of teamwork
Lead in alcohol sales (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 5, 2016
Our managers genuinely care about our well being and our feelings/discrepancies. My coworkers are like family and there is rarely a problem that can't be solved between us.
Pros
job security, positive management, flexible hours
Cons
very short breaks, no benefits, no time off
Productive, Fun, Fast-Paces environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2016
Some days were busier than others but a typical day for me would be average work pace in the afternoon but more fast paced during dinner shifts. This job taught me how to multitask efficiently, how to de-escalate problematic situations and interact with varied employee and guest personalities. Management was honestly sub-par and needed much improvement but we managed fairly. My co-workers were amazing to work with never had any issues with anyone. The hardest part of the job was honestly the pay rate, I always had to take extra shifts to make decent money. The most enjoyable part about working for Logans would have to be interacting with guests. The most recent Logans I worked for was located near International Drive in Orlando so we served many people from different countries and nationalities and that was honestly the highlight of my day.
Fun fast-paced workplace
Server / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 11, 2017
It's a place you look forward to going into work at. The management is not only management, but like workers themselves. They treat you with respect, and talk to you as a person not an employee that is under them. Co-workers are like your family. You talk to each other not only about work but your personal life to. You help each other out and respect each other. You make life long friends with both management and other employees when working for this company.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no paid maternity leave
Overall:I loved my job
Server (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 15, 2016
Working at Logans in Bossier City was very up and down. You never knew what was right and wrong from shift to shift depending on the manager on duty. The management definitely has favoritism and are not on the same page with the rest of the management team or the staff. But I can say that when you were on their good side, it was good for sure. Most managers aside from one in particular whom is fairly new, who seems to have no life experience, were understanding that employees have family and lives too. Their were more good days than bad days at logans and I met some great folks there. But with their financial troubles as a whole, filing bankruptcy and all, I don't know how long jobs with logans will be available.
Pros
Good Money, Fun Environment
Cons
Poor management Team
Productive and fun restaurant environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHNovember 10, 2016
I wasn't able to work here long, but it was a great experience while it lasted. Once again the management and the co-workers are absolutely amazing. My favorite part of this job was being cut whenever business slowed down and making tips. The hardest part was carrying lots of plates. I learned how to be a server, service people and carry lots of things at once. A typical day on the job would just be taking orders, putting them in, organizing food, carrying orders out and cleaning.
Pros
free food, long breaks
Cons
company closed down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logan's Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9