Logan's Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,142 reviews
pretty good
Server, Expediter (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJuly 21, 2017
Like any work place there are pros and cons. Steady work decent money overall good people and management def work holidays usually worth the money you make
Fast and Fun for cheap
Server (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 20, 2017
It was always something to do so time went by pretty fast. However tips were your life its what you depend on to make it the wage for waitresses in my state is only $3.24 per hour
The good and the bad kinda balance out a bit.
Server (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 19, 2017
I've been here for a month now, and while the side-work takes a ridiculous amount of time and the managers do play favorites a bit (which is just any job out there) the people I work with have been incredible and if I need anything there's always someone there to answer my questions.

I do take issue with how the training was conducted and I'm sure it's not everywhere. Most of the long term servers had left when I was hired on. Having trained for other companies, I'd love to be able to redesign the training program and make it a bit more friendly to the new hires so they can learn what they need to know rather than just trying to figure it out as they go.

I really love my job, but the money is near non-existent. Some nights my section will be 6 tables, others it will be 2-3 tables. There are normally a lot more servers than are needed on the floor and on slow days I've been lucky to turn over 3 tables. My best night so far has been 8 tables. The location just has slow traffic. I've been offered as many hours as I've wanted but the lack of tables is frustrating.

All in all, if business picks up, the money will be there. Just gotta get the people in the tables to begin with. It's a pretty good place to work.
Pros
coworkers, guests
Cons
tipped wages, low traffic
No money
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 19, 2017
Awful place to work. The managers never cut the floor. No one makes money. High mandatory tip outs to Hosts who do nothing but seat tables. No running side work so any rushes are chaos and nothing is stocked. ridiculous closing side work.
Cons
Productive and fun place with TVs
Server, Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJuly 18, 2017
Serving guest food with love knowing they will enjoy there time at Logans, eating good food with drinks and watching games or fights whatever they prefer.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
short breaks
Terrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 17, 2017
Side work is ridiculous considering you're lucky to make 40$ a shift. There are too many people on the floor. Management is a total joke. No one knows what teamwork is. Worst place I've ever worked. Killer jams though.
Pros
Good music
Cons
Everything elae
Waitress
WAITRESS AT LOGAN'S ROADHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 17, 2017
Being a waitress can be super hard if you are not a people person so please take that into consideration before applying for any server job! I enjoy people so it was a super easy job for me!
productive fun workplace!!!!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJuly 17, 2017
I was front of house server, hard work but very well worth it!!! I learned how great customer service skills here! management was so great and helpful! even if they were so busy they always were there to help if I needed help! hardest part of the job running food out lol sometimes those plates were hot! only made my hands stronger though. and most enjoyable part of the job was just working there really, met a lot of cool people! loved the birthday parties singing to the party logans birthday song! loved working here all around!
Pros
all the free peanuts!
Cons
no healthcare
Fun atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 16, 2017
I had a great experience at logans it was a summer job between college semesters, I'm glad o had the opportunity to meet great people, they definitely are one of my better job recommendations for starting out or just a summer location job
management needs work
Server (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 15, 2017
great atmosphere, but no consistency with management. so many mangers come and go. business is slow, and ticket times are awful. only way to move up in company is if you brownnose
Fun place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dixie highway louisville kyJuly 15, 2017
Nice people good work environment i enjoyed working there with the people i worked with, and the staff was always helpful as well as the managers plus flexible schedule
Pros
50 percent off lunch 20 percent with family up to 7
Cons
Dixie highway
Productive and friendly enviroment
Volunteer Waitress (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 15, 2017
I volunteered here to become a waitress for a local fundraiser and the manager was very nice to show my friends and I how to properly wait a table. The staff was very understanding and willingness to help a newcomer. I enjoy waiting on tables so this was an exciting experience for me, hope to see them again.
Pros
Helping, caring, and fun enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Host/Food Runner/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2017
This job was a decent, fun job. Being a waitress was hard, due to being a roadhouse restaurant in a college town, but it was fun while it lasted. They are no longer open though.
fun place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 14, 2017
A typical day at work would be walking in and setting up plates and making sure all of the food goes out in an orderly fashion. also to help anyone who needs help in the restaurant.
Pros
good work crew
Cons
short breaks
Logans
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2017
New market where I worked. Great Training by very good and successful General Managers. After this not as good depending the regional manger. Regional manager change resulted in almost a complete turnover of opening managers.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
same as all
first serving job with lots of advancement
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2017
Started as a server and within a few months was promoted to a closer. Then promoted to bartending. Then again promoted into bar lead. Held lots of managerial responsibilities and loved working for Logans.
Fast paced and fun atmosphere
Food Server (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 12, 2017
The best management ever. The team of servers would do anything for the managers. That's the ideal workplace for anyone. It is a great place to eat or recommend to your friends to get a job.
great
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 12, 2017
Great fun place to work. honestly the best job i had. management was great always was there to encourage you and help you move up in the company. i would recommend this job to everyone who looking for a fun creative work environment
Always on the go
Salad and dessert's (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 11, 2017
Waking up and knowing I had to go here first thing in the morning wasn't bad. Once you got everything set up to open the restaurant it pretty much flew by. Everyone had their bad day's, but at the end of the day everyone was over it. Knowing you get to see different people everyday and also your regular ones that's what makes it easier. The kitchen stayed on top of everything and made sure the waiters had everything they needed so they could get tipped knowing that was their pay check. Everyone would help each other out.
Pros
Managment
Cons
Hrs
Nice place to work and eat and build commodore
Shift Manager, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJuly 11, 2017
i enjoyed everything about my job except the fact that it was hard to advance in the company due to me being African American,.. i trained people who were not as qualified as me but they were promoted in front of me..i was promised a full time manager position but was never given the same opportunities as my white colleagues that was the only thing that i didnt like
Pros
People and relationships
Cons
Advancements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logan's Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9