Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Host (Current Employee), Marion, ILJuly 28, 2015
Fun and friendly environment. Great management and good co workers. The managers are very friendly and great with guests.
Typical Serving Job
Server (Current Employee), Hurst, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: 50% off food, fun/laid-back job atmosphere
Cons: No benefits, low hourly wages, high turnover rate, great deal of sidework
You are not allowed to go over 40 hours, which is typical of any serving job. Relatively fun and laid-back work environment. Average tips, but largest amount of side work required in comparison to other restaurant jobs I've held. Overall, pretty good serving job. Managers are typically very flexible with schedule.
Great day time bar
Bartender (Former Employee), Overland Park KSJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good atmosphere, management involved in daily operations
Cons: Location was difficult to get to for customers
The company was a great place to work. Flexible scheduling and easy to work with staff.
Training was good, but the computer system was outdated and not in sync with the current menu often times.

Too bad they closed down.
A fun, fast-paced work environment where you are allowed mistakes to grow.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 21, 2015
The managers are great. The customers are great, and the co-workers are really fun. Perfect for a young, good-looking kid in college or something.
It's a place to work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Florence, KYJuly 20, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: Slow at times
As a hostess I get bored, because people are not alway flowing through the door. As a server even when it's slow you normally have something you could be doing.
Workplace was fun, excellent customer interactions.
server (Former Employee), Yuma,ArizonaJuly 20, 2015
Pros: discounts, cool shirts, comfy unifrom just jeans!
Cons: store went out of business!
Well to start off ,I would always arrive 30 mins prior to my shift so I could eat a meal.Then as I would eat i payed attention to details about guests.Personalizing an experience for someone makes the event inviting and fun.After ,Id walk by and take by plate to the back greeting everyone that passed by.Even though knowing i wasnt clocked in. I still was the same person.I love to serve others and help them.At the end of the day life is about relationships and keeping them and building them.Giving to someone u know sometimes cant give back.Thats what ive learned.That its okay not to get tipped.Understanding is the key.As for management I have nothing bad to say about them.Hardest part of the job though was doing partys of big parties!!! It was all fun though and worth the experience.Pressure is good!The most enjoyable part is going above and beyond the normal expectation of a server.Talking to them getting to know them.Personalizing ! Thanks for your time!
fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 19, 2015
we helped out one another with the buddy system, we made each other feel welcome with new staff and loved our regulars. they loved the pricing of our foods and beverage sizes.
A lot of drama comes with waiting tables.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Midwest City, OklahomaJuly 7, 2015
I loved the people I got to meet, and I really enjoyed waiting tables and bartending. I did not like the drama that comes with the atmosphere. People start work relationships and it all goes downhill from there. I don't think that the managers should allow this, but its not really preventable.
Serving and Bartending for average customer base
Waitress (Former Employee), Grandville, MIJuly 6, 2015
There was no typical workday. You went to work not knowing when you would be off for the night, or how the night would go. I learned a lot about the serving environment but would want to take these skills and further them more elsewhere. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and recognizing regulars. Relationships grew, and continued and you made many friends with co-workers because they could relate to the stress of the job.
laid back welcoming staff and management
Server (Current Employee), beavercreek ohioJuly 2, 2015
I enjoy working with all of the team members however the money for the job needs to be better. The two for 14 menu brings in people but they only tip on the 14 amount.
Not the best place to work at or for.
Hostess/To-Go's (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 30, 2015
Cons: working there
A typical day would be you clock in and if you're a server, you would see what sections you had, and what you would have to do for "cut work." As a hostess, you would have to seat people, answer phones, place orders for To-Go's, bus tables, answer questions, tender all types of transactions, and at the end of your shift, you would have to do your "cut work," which would entail cleaning bathrooms, wiping doors, etc. The management there didn't do much for their employees, and every time a customer had an issue with their food, they were automatically compensated, and given a meal card, which is just like a gift card. My co-workers were terrible. There was so much drama about who was dating who, and most of them smelled like Marijuana. No one was a team player at all, and if you didn't suck up, they didn't like you at all. The most enjoyable part of my job was clocking out and going home.
Going Downhill Fast
Server (Former Employee), OrlandoJune 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
New management is focused solely on labor. Lower payed positions such as servers have an increased workload while higher hourly paid employees are receiving a reduction of hours. There is a diminishing focus on the quality of our product and food is rushed out most of the time incomplete (missing side items and sometimes missing an entire entree. We consistently run out of items due to getting our food prep employees off the clock as quick as possible. They are all about filling the seats and will consistently crash our kitchen due to a no wait policy. They changed our menu to offer a salad with every entree and simultaneously reduced the hours of our salad prep employees, forcing servers to wait table and make salads at the same time. They offer a meal deal of two full meals for $14.99 WHICH IS BELOW FAST FOOD PRICING AND CONSISTENTLY PUSH THIS PRODUCT, including large signs at the front door to effectively reduce a servers check average which leads to less compensation. They do not have any gratuity for large parties so many nights you will be forced to take large parties that do not spend much and have no interest in tipping. They do not put tip percentages on checks like some restaurants such as Outback and Olive Garden which shows a severe lack of care for their people.

At Logans they are about quantity over quality and expect many rough low paying work days.
Unorganized place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 28, 2015
The Logan's I worked at was very unorganized. I do not suggest anyone to work at this location. General Management walked out twice on employees.
Fun place to work.
Server and Bartender (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: Some people you just cant make happy.
A great place to work. The management was outstanding. If you ever want to fine tune your people skills become a bartender and server. It really teaches you how to interact with people on a very relaxed environment.
Fun and fast paced environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Prattville, ALJune 17, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced, Great Management
Cons: Not a lot of options for moving up
There are never a lot of advancement opportunities in the restaurant industry but Logan's Roadhouse was a great company to work for. Logan's is a fast paced environment with management who cares for customers as well as their team members.
This job use to be enjoyable.
Bartender (Current Employee), Flowood, MSJune 16, 2015
I use to love working for this company, I put my heart and soul into everything just for new management to come in and destroy customer relations. I wish this would change because I loved the company and the bar however, it has changed for the worst.
Review Summary
Server (Former Employee), Clarksville, INJune 14, 2015
Loved this job, great place to work and they really treat you like family! Tips were good and the customers were always in a good mood.
Review
Server/Host (Current Employee), Plainfield,INJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great People to work for, half price meals
Cons: Not knowing when you'll get off
-seat guests, clean tables, organize front of house
-organization, leadership skills, teamwork
-management is somewhat organized, friendly and caring
-co-workers are friendly and inviting, big in teamwork
-I don't find any part of the job hard
-most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people I do and interacting with our guests.
Amazing management and enjoyable job
Server/Host (Former Employee), Norman, OKJune 9, 2015
Amazing management and enjoyable job. Of course people can be completely horrible, but it's worth it in the long run. You will make great friends here.
too much drama and favoritism
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Troy, OHJune 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off food as long as you are working only 20% if come in on day off
Cons: drama, drama, dram and favoritism
Too much drama amongst employees, management plays favorites, no consistency, the hardest part is dealing with the drama issues, the enjoyable is the guests that come in
Headquarters