Logan's Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Fun environment with loud music and excellent hospitality.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 20, 2015
During my typical workday I provide outstanding customer service to both my guests at the bar and the tables that I am currently serving. I enjoy working each one of my co-workers and get a long very well with both my co-workers and management. The hardest part of my job is dealing with extremely specific meal orders, on the contrary the most enjoyable part of my job is conversing and meeting new customers each day.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
slow workdays and low check average on some days.
Restaurant with food, music, and fun.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 13, 2015
I was a hostess so I made sure that people were seated properly and comfortable. I cleaned tables, straightened menu's, and took to go orders. My co workers were always hard workers and knew what they were there to do. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were not satisfied one hundred percent. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with. I enjoyed working with a lot of people there including the managers. They were always super helpful and nice.
Pros
Free employee meals
Typical Day
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LANovember 4, 2013
I am in charge of the entire staff and every guest’s satisfaction. I am responsible for maintaining our P&L, food inventory, the food order, maintaining controllable percentages in labor and COGS, as well as making ALL hourly employees’ schedules of this $4 million dollar store. I hire and maintain the training program of ALL hourly employees. I ensure F.O.H. is in compliance with all franchise rules and regulations and I ensure all B.OH food safety protocols and procedures all followed.
benefits
Cons
long hours every weekend
Productive Enviroment
Waitress, Hostess (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, AlAugust 13, 2015
Logans Roadhouse taught me how to multi task in a kitchen while extremely busy. The co-workers typically try to be a family and work together. Management is supportive but does not take the time to listen to employees' if he or she needs something. I do not consider anything extremely hard or slightly hard in that particular restaurant. Your days are never the same and you constantly will do new things daily. Logans is a enjoyable place that allows you to meet wonderful people.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
it's a job. . .
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasJanuary 27, 2014
Being in the food/beverage industry is not something I want to do for the rest of my life. I have been in this industry for 12+ years, and personally, I feel like this is the worst company I have ever worked for. I feel like the employees who worked for tips were treated with zero respect. No compensation is ever given for going above and beyond, not even a thank you. All management is ever concerned with is waitstaff doing all the work to get guests in the door, while they collect the benefits of their bonuses.
Pros
money every day
Cons
management
Fun and fast paced environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2012
Getting into with guest needs and making sure you make an impression on your guests so they will come back.
I've learned patience is a key thing to have while working in a guest first enviornment.
The management is very flexible and makes the work enivornment fun and upbeat.
The hardest part of the job is making sure you remember everything your guests need for a wonderful dining experience.
The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to know your guests.
Pros
half price food every shift you work
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work with a lot of great people.
head hostess (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 1, 2014
A typical day at work was included keeping a tidy area along with greeting the guest with a happy attitude and answering phone with same attitude. I loved my co workers and managers. The hardest part of the job was being busy and keeping the guest and co workers happy. The most enjoyable part was at the end of the shift, I would stand back and admire the job I had done along with the co workers. It was a job that made you feel proud of yourself.
Pros
co-workers, 50% off food
Cons
no breaks, long and late hours
Not a place of recommendation
Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJanuary 3, 2016
Typical day would consist of me coming in to write schedules, check stock and prepare employees for each shift, respond to phone calls and emails, handle any issues with flow of shift, guests, or employees.
Manager turnover rate seemed to grow within our store. Within the 5 years of working there I went through 4 general managers and 6 store managers.
The work environment became unsafe in the last few months causing me to leave.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes no breaks, harassment, unsanitary, incorrect pay
Too much work, unreliable hours, awful management. Not enough tips!
Server (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 15, 2014
When I started at Logan's I really liked it. But, after a while management changed. And, the whole environment changed. We're never stocked. We always run out of dumb stuff. Like, coke, or to go boxes, or steaks. Really dumb stuff. And, the restaurant is just dirty and unorganized. I love the other servers! But, I'm quitting soon because it's a really bad place to work. I'm sad though. I'm gonna miss all of my friends. :(
Pros
awesome people, lots of free food
Cons
late hours, slow business, ton of side work
Fun fast paced job with friendly people
Busser/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 1, 2014
A typical day at Logan's included, cooking bread, providing refills, removing empty plates, and assisting waiters with any needs, I learned valuable time management and improved my customer service skills. Management was friendly and hard working, co-workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with parties of 200+ people at one time, the most enjoyable part was interacting with coworkers and customers.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
difficult customers at times
Fun place to work
Wait staff/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 15, 2015
The only thing that is no fun about working at Logan's is sweeping up the peanuts after a shift. :-) The work is light and fun very casual. The sidework is what one would expect at a restaurant, ex. silverware rolling, butter scooping, breaking down tea and coffee, cleaning dressing station, filling ice and glasses, and doing tables. Great regular customers. I still go to this restaurant to eat since I have left.
Pros
fifty percent off food on the day of shift worked and on days off as well.
Cons
Long hours to make the bills
Organized and fun work place
Key, Bartender, Server, Host (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 9, 2014
When you arrived for your shift you always had a meeting with the rest of the staff and manager on duty. In the five years I worked there I was able to learn front and back of the house also management skills. For the most part I always had very good managers. The staff always worked very well together. Learning the how to be able to keep up the spend in the kitchen was the hardest part of the job. The fact that the managers let me learn everything I wanted to was the most enjoyable.
Great workplace, near military base so I got to meet a lot of different people.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 22, 2013
Out of all the restaurants I have had experience with, I enjoyed working at Logans the most. The management was pretty great, to staff was amazing, and I enjoyed the broad customer base. I waited tables and Hostessed. The job could be challenging at times, but I was able to learn how to manage stress and work good under pressure.
Pros
worked well with my school schedule, people skills, and money management.
Cons
no healthcare benefits, mostly tip-based income.
sadening
Server/ Kitchen Staff/ Key Hourly (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2015
I had worked for this company for around 8 years. This use to be a great company to work for, but then management became very inconstant. It seemed that management did not stay around for very long and every 6 months to a year there were manager going and new ones coming. It came to the point of not being able to move up and advance in the company because management was not around long enough to help you to succeed in that process.
Pros
????
Cons
To much of a turn over for the business to continue to succeed.
fun work environment and atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSAugust 10, 2014
Logan's is a great place to work. Everyone works great together as a team and their is always a great atmosphere. The manager's are very down to earth and very easy to talk to. The hardest part the of the job is busy nights and managing your time properly to keep guests happy as well as getting the food served promptly. It's a place where you can make new friends, meet new people, and make someones night out that much more enjoyable.
Pros
employees, atmosphere, great benefits
Logan's Roadhouse
Server (Current Employee) –  Waco, TxJune 2, 2012
Positive work environment, co-workers and managers are very friendly; however, not a job I would recommend. The only people that make enough money to compensate for the time worked are the managers, keys, and closers. The "cut-work" is absolutely ridiculous...you will be stuck at work for at least an hour after your last table, making $2.13. The hosts/hostesses don't like to assist you, you will end up bussing all of your tables.
Pros
friendly bosses and co-workers.
Cons
it takes nearly an hour to finish your "cut-work."
Fantastic work envirnonment
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mcdonough, GaSeptember 24, 2012
Serving the community with a heaping of personality with a side smile. This is a great place to work...I have learned that working together to form a goal is better as a team than by yourself. The management team is always there to lend their assistnat when needed. There is many opportunitites for advancement and the benefits are great. The hardest part of the job is the long hours standing on your feet, but in the long run pay off. The most enjoyable is everything that I do
Very fun company to work for
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 28, 2012
Never a dull moment in the atmospher! Uniforms were comfortable and co-workers were easy to get along with and work beside. Constant flow of guests kept us busy and made the day go by fast. Management was compassionate and caring. My favorite part of the job was getting to know some of the guests on a first name basis and having them ask for me when they came back in each time.
Pros
half off meals, great food, free drinks during shifts
Cons
no breaks, slow days equals no pay, over staffed
Serving and Bartending for average customer base
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJuly 6, 2015
There was no typical workday. You went to work not knowing when you would be off for the night, or how the night would go. I learned a lot about the serving environment but would want to take these skills and further them more elsewhere. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and recognizing regulars. Relationships grew, and continued and you made many friends with co-workers because they could relate to the stress of the job.
Productive and fun workplace but with irresponsible managment
Server (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXAugust 6, 2014
Management there was very unprofessional. I worked very hard every day of work but received no praise or encouragement, although when something was done wrong they were quick to point their fingers at you and say nasty comments. I loved working with the guests there, many of them were very friendly and I enjoyed giving them service. Being a server takes a lot of multi-tasking skills and it is very fast paced at times.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks