Logic PD Employee Reviews

Strong Product Development and Business Acumen
VP, Vertical Market (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2015
Logic PD has loads of strong engineering talent, but also (and less common) has business sense to go with it. Recent investments in IoT technologies have moved their capabilities to near the top of the market.
Basically a "Book & Chase" Contract MFG company.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 14, 2014
The companies primary business is building Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA's), for their customers. 60% of the business is dedicated to one company with no contracts in place. Another customer (one of mine) provided no forecast for their orders, were placed well within lead time, always contained obsolete parts & long lead parts (10 -16 weeks).
They also provided "Box Build Assemblies", along with the PCBA's that we built, that were contained within the boxes.
I love the purchasing world & enjoyed my relationships with my suppliers, but we could not predict nor would we inventory components with out the authorization from our customers. This made our jobs very difficult to meet their demands (more customers with no forecast).
Also, if the company would fall behind in their monthly revenue goals, management would "pull in customer orders", which also made this very difficult (once again, no forecasting or adequate inventory levels to complete the assemblies within their lead time.
My co-workers were wonderful, helpful and said they would be available for any referrals.
Pros
26 miles round trip
Cons
they consistently talk about "supply chain", but will not sign up for any programs with out the customers approval.
Large workload
Accounting Specialist II - Contract Position (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 27, 2014
I process a high volume of accounts payable daily. I have learned about purchase orders, and a new ERP system. My co-workers are very helpful. Management is too harsh.
Pros
half day fridays
Cons
unrealistic expectations of management
Liked my work
Material Department (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 22, 2013
Job Security was always shared by many as being not comfortable and unknown when you would be laid off.
Pros
free coffee and hot chocolate
Cons
we were told there were open door policies, but time after time, that was proven to be not true with most managers.