JOB SUMMARY The Electrical Design Engineer will be tasked with design and verification of IP, complete FPGA designs, and systems for safety-critical markets. The majority of current projects are for commercial and military aerospace customers. Design work will primarily be VHDL for designs incorporating an FPGA/CPLD. Verification will be both in simulation and lab environments. Advanced FPGA debugging techniques (such as Xilinx’s ChipScope and Altera’s SignalTap) will also be employed.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design of IP for safety-critical markets
- Verification of IP/systems using a DO-254 based approach
- Debugging of FPGA designs
- 5+ years experience working in a hardware engineering or FPGA design capacity .
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Working knowledge of VHDL
- FPGA design experience
- Experience in a safety-critical market, preferably Aerospace
- Knowledge of DO-254 hardware verification or DO-178 software verification
- Experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and embedded test (such as ChipScope)
- Experience with both Xilinx and Altera FPGA design tools
- Experience of Embedded FPGA design using Xilinx’s EDK/SDK.
- Some knowledge of Verilog
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard