LogistiCare

LogistiCare Employee Reviews

Call Center Courtesy
Customer Service Representative/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2014
This job entailed being a reservation agent for Medicaid patient's transportation.
How to be kind to people no matter what their status in life is what I had to be sure to teach my co-workers. Working with younger co-workers gave me a chance to display real customer service and connection to clients.
I was made a supervisor within 2 months of hire. Becoming a supervisor gave me more opportunity to model and teach great communication skills to others. Management was a very engaging job in a call center. Observing phone calls to make sure proper care was used in handling client base in Ga and Kentucky.
The hardest part was having to fire people that I had become close with, but they hadn't performed the skills properly needed to keep position.
The most enjoyable part was always connecting with clients and providing dependable service for medical, dental and vision appointments.
No chance of promotion/Supervisors are not of any assistance/ management stay locked away in their offices/ low morale/ immature atmosphere
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 29, 2015
The work environment is one of people that have never been promoted before. The supervisors here are power hungry and look to write you up for every small infraction. Unless you are willing to gossips, down play other employees and act like you don't have morals, your chances of being promoted or getting a raise is slim. Those in charge are dictated by those who are beneath. One person works 5 different positions with one being Human Resource Agent. Few situations are handle because she is over booked. The Call Center sup is never there and the remaining two supervisors are power hungry. You will be stressed day to day, you will be disappointed with the atmosphere and the lack of professionalism.
Pros
Cons
Immature enviroment/ No Advancement
Worst place to work!
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Dont even think to work here!! It is q factory. You are a slave there! They dont respect you and when you go for the first time they made you feel like they are the best and you will have the best job! But not! Its not true!! Manager supervisor leads and coah are so unprofessional. There are changing policies every months to the enployees so they can have more benefits for the company and not for their employees. They changed your schedule whenever they want they dont even ask you like you dont have a life!.. I was so happy there but I got dissapointed! Please dont go.. You'll regret it! They have preference over the employees when They said everyone is equal yeah right!! And when they promote you they just race .50 cents when you will have more work. And by December what a shame!!! They made a stupid party not even a decent food. They just gave gift card to 10 employees when there are 100 employees! Its crazy!!! Worst job ever!
Pros
nothing!
Cons
they asked for so much and gave nothing good
This is the worst job I ever worked for stl mo.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  ST LOUIS MOJanuary 29, 2013
The management is lousy, duck duck, operation manager, transportation supervisor and lets not for forget the qa manager!!! They never hired enough people to handle the job volume. The state of missouri is giving away 3 million dollars to this awful company. Greg the president did not give a care about the employees. They allowed the transportation to not get the people to and from dialysis in a timely manner and sometimes not at all. They have been in the news for allowing this and they never did anything to better it. When duck duck and c--d don't like you they would do whatever to come after you. If they get rid of the management and someone who cares and people person. The state is rebidding the contract. They would be better off giving it to another company.
Pros
pot lucks and great co workers, off on weekends
Cons
management smile in your face backstabbers
Casual call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 14, 2015
A typical day at work consists of either taking peoples information and inserting it in the system or calling transportation companies to find out where the peoples rides are. I've learned communication skills to further assist me in the real world. The multitude of different personalities I've encountered has really broadened my horizon. Everyone of my co-workers seem very friendly towards me. The hardest part of the job was turning down members for transportation. I enjoyed talking with members who had a positive outlook on life, and listening to interesting stories of some members. I value my experience with customer service, and hope to further my path on it in the future.
Pros
We received two fifteen minute breaks and a half hour lunch break. Nice comfy chairs.
Cons
Very hot inside.
Professional and quiet work environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxMay 26, 2015
A typical day at Logisticare would be arriving at work for 8 am. Next, I would log into my phone and begin taking phone calls. I'd take my lunch at 1:30pm and then take more phone calls. I learned how to make reservations for patients without vehicles. Management was excellent, always around to answer questions and help dissolve disputes. My co-workers consists of peers who are between 18 and 65 years old. It was a very diverse environment. The hardest part of the job is not letting the members get you upset whenever they're upset. The most enjoyable part about this job is when the members' is completely satisfied with how you helped them. They make it seem as though it was the best thing that happened to them all day.
A wonderful stepping stone in my career.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  North Haven, ConnecticutJanuary 15, 2016
Housing over 400 members on a daily basis. Assisting many patients in need of transportation though various health insurances for the NYC, Nassau and Suffolk counties. Patients included persons with mental health, and substance abuse. Other member's whom were receiving Chemo Therapy, Dialysis. The hardest part of this job was having to abide to certain policies, and procedures, limiting me to providing patients with reliable transportation, meeting their expectations and the insurances as well. Overall, it was a wonderful experience in helping many people in need. People of all ages, from different backgrounds. I truly enjoyed every moment of the year working at LogistiCare.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
short breaks, medical appointments held against their employees as an occurrence.
My 8:30-5
Facilities Rep (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 20, 2012
For the first hour of my day I input the level of service for members that are being transported and who have had there doctors send in the correct paperwork. On average by 9:30 the phones begin to pick up and i am on the phone assist with numerous task such as, booking reservations for a member to be transported to his or her medical appointment, or assisting with questions about a members eligibility for trips. This is normally the most uptempo part of the day as the calls typically come in to average 75-90 calls for the time I am on the phone. Normally by 4 pm the phones have died down enough for me to go back to inputing the medical necessity forms that i had begun at the beginning of the day and any that had been sent throughout the day. I work on that until 5 when it is time for me to leave.
Keep Looking....
CSR Reservations (Former Employee) –  Madison, WiNovember 21, 2012
I was only employed there briefly not even a month but I agree with most of the reviews... management tells you up front your first day that there's "floor drama" which I found so bizarre. They also ask if you have any children, and then use that against you if you don't by sticking you on the closing shift so you're there answering calls out of the queue long after 6....
Management doesn't do anything except literally yell if you're not taking calls even if you're doing something/fixing something/adding notes....
There's so many, many reasons why I would not advise working there. The only thing I liked about my job was the pay, and that I met some cool people that I worked with.
Pros
pay, nice co-workers
Cons
management is awful
Appreciation from management!
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 18, 2013
Best department I worked in had a variety of tasks each day. Taking 100 + calls inbound. Placing 80+ calls outbound. Routing trips with providers. Working in a great team atmosphere.
Learned how to handle people that are very upset and make things work better for them.
My management team was very support and appreciated the hard work our team put into our days.
The hardest thing to do at this position was to have angry people use profanity and accuse the call taker of treating that caller poorly.
The most enjoyable part of this position was fixing the problem and hearing the person be thankful.
Pros
being able to create solutions
Cons
having to have thicker skin than most customer service jobs
Tremendously invested management
Transportation Network Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMay 24, 2013
During the work week representatives and management engage in attempting to transport members of the SoonerCare program to non-emergency medical appointments.

The employees and management are dedicated to professional and the truest customer service ethic. Every manager, lead, and supervisor is truly dedicated to the mission of Logisticare and the SoonerRide program.

The environment is friendly and the comradery vibrates throughout the call center.

The frequently changing guidelines and various "individual case basis" for decisions made by the client (OHCA), corporate office, and at times management causes increased stress. However, the open door policy allows for every staff member to truly approach every level of management from the lead to the General Manager without hesitation.
Pros
significant need being fulfilled by company in nemt industry
Cons
instensely stressful and repetiveness causes burnout quickly
The hardest part about the job.
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2013
My hardest part about the job is that we serve large quantity of Medicaid members for the whole state of Missouri who are; very sickly, mental problems, or routine appointments who are trying to get their transportation rides approved. I have a high volume of incoming phone calls and faxes. Inbound call are member checking to see if or when will they ride be approved or why it was denied. The incoming faxes are letters of medical necessity written doctors consent for member to enforce there ride approval. In most cases a lot of member have to reschedule there appointments due to either high voulume or the doctor failed to send the ffor back in ample time. That would be the hardest part of my job.
Pros
weekends off.
Cons
no advancment within
Get In, Get Out
Lead Facility Representative/Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 19, 2015
There are close to 200+ people working in the part of the building where the company is. The management teams have slow turnover but the entry-level positions regardless of the department is the reverse. The business itself is not complicated and there are ways to move up but your patience will be tested. The most challenging part is the constant mundane work that you'll be doing everyday. What I learned working there is that some times, you may not be ready for progression. No matter how bad you want it. But when you are ready, everyone else will know you are. The management team is good and the most enjoyable part of the day is leaving to go home each day.
Pros
Decent Wage, Next to trains
Cons
Suppressed advancement, low raises
Good enviroment for working in. A lot of teamworkk.
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 9, 2013
Typically your would come in at your regulary schedeled time. When needed our cross-training would be used to help another department. Management was easy to work with. I enjoyed working wiht most of my co-workers. The hardest part for me was to teoo a Medicaid memmber that the did not qualify for some benefit, yet the best past was working with those who did qualify for special befits.
Pros
we often had pizza or subs brought in for every one; and made our own ice-cream social, ste.
Cons
sometimes no immediate supervisor or mgr to t ake care of an overly escalated call.
I would never recommend this company to anyone to work for
CSR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 3, 2013
I enjoy working w/my co workers in the department that I am in, we take over a thousand calls per day and I enjoy helping the recepients/facilities w/necessary information, however, the working enviroment is not team oriented, there is a feeling of separatism and the management is sub par, they do not care if you have a life nor a family. This job actually treats you like you are just a body to serve their purpose, no incentives. Breaks are taken away if there are too many calls, bathroom time is restricted, taking lunch after working for almost 8 hours. I would never recommend this company to anyone that I care for.
Pros
overtime to make up for the pay
Cons
no set scheduling, management is laughable
worst job I ever had
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, azFebruary 25, 2015
After 4 years I the last management switch was awful to me walking out I have never walkout of any company. The constant changing of policy make your job impossible to do. The office politics are the worst extremely unfair. Not writings this as a duscrumpled employee but I highly suggest you look for something different. They do not pay enough money for the amount of work and bs you are put through. As of now 90 percent of this office is a temp all long term employees have left there positions even with out having work . Good luck be prepared .
Pros
people huge turn over rate meet lots of new amazing people
Cons
management, pay
Easy and ridiculous
Csr (Current Employee) –  AtlantaFebruary 17, 2015
As a customer service rep( CSR) your pretty much scheduling people for rides to their medical appointments. My problems with the company come in with their policies. If you do not have sick hours and you have to go to the hospital and take a day off you get written up. They don't care that your are following Doctors orders. You also acrew 3 hours of vacation per month. i am not used to working with a company who does not care for their employees. i guess i've been spoiled.

The office in ATL will give you $10 starting off and the health plan is a good one.
Pros
easy job. good health plan
Cons
hard to get in full time without temp agency, 3 hrs of vacation time per month, write up if you do not have sick time and miss a day.
Good hold over job until you find something else.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Long Island CityJuly 13, 2014
Looking for a cohesive and positive environment where people have each others best interest? DON'T WORK HERE! Every department thinks they have it harder than the next one. Jealous, vindictive, immature coworkers who act like spoiled children when others in their department shine. On top of that you have to deal with combative callers.

I cannot speak of other Logisticare locations, but this one will leave you drained.

I currently work there, but not for too much longer....
Pros
it's a paycheck.
Cons
toxic environment -- gossipy and vindictive coworkers, lazy management, no room for growth, you will get stuck or put where they need you.
Customer Service, taking phone call's
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTFebruary 11, 2013
My typical day at work it very stressful. on a daily basis I take between 100-150 incoming call a day, I like to work in a place where all employee are demanded to follow rules and be backed up by management. My co-workers are pleasant and fun to work with, however i just dont like having to fix their errors on a daily basis. the hardest part of my job is to handle angry member's via phone when they dont get a ride to medical appt or their ride has not shown up. What i honestly LOVE about my job it the satisfaction of helping those member's who really need a ride and im able to provide that help.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Boring environment, not allowed to do anything
Mass Transit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 15, 2014
It was a terrible experience. If you had any questions whatsoever, it's like you couldn't ask anyone without bothering them. And with me being a new employee, never having worked in a calling center before, I had tons of questions. Everyone there is twice my age, so it seems like they got angry when I did things correctly. Like I was going to steal their job away or something. Well, don't worry, I'm doing a lot better than you all are now that I'm in the medical field.
Pros
literally nothing
Cons
smart remarks from everyone, boring environment, no fun

2.9