Our company is a rapidly growing business in the logistics space. We are building technology that will revolutionize the freight brokerage industry. Our founder was named among Businessweek’s "Best Young Entrepreneurs."
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, ambitious Director of Sales to help drive sales and business development. This position will report to our CEO and will support our ongoing growth through outbound selling to key decision makers at Shippers (companies that ship and receive product by the truckload). You will create effective dialogue with Shippers and build trust while showing them how our approach to freight brokerage is unique. You will close deals and be compensated well for your results.
If you would like to work in a dynamic, creative, entrepreneurial and rewarding environment, our company is the place for you. This is an opportunity to get in at the earlier stage of a business that will transform the freight brokerage industry. We are a relatively flat organization and you will have a great deal of decision-making authority in this role. If you're smart, resourceful and aggressive you will thrive in this environment.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Calling on targeted accounts to acquire new Shipper customers.
- Managing sales support and operation staff to ensure all necessary steps are taken to sign-up brokerage customers and get active loads.
- Ensuring pipeline growth within target markets.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes/background:
- 2-8 years of sales experience in the logistics industry (ideally freight brokerage). Candidates who can bring an existing customer base of Shippers will benefit immediately in commissions.
- Strong results oriented performer with a demonstrated drive to succeed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic business needs and opportunities and prioritize time accordingly.
- Strong organizational skills; ability and willingness to do whatever is necessary to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and willingness to learn.
This is a full-time position. Compensation will be very competitive and will include salary, commission, equity and benefits. Our office is located in San Francisco and is next to public transportation. Additional perks include great office culture, meals, snacks - all in a fun place to work.