Our organization is looking for an experienced Business Analyst for a 12+ months contract position in the Reston, VA. If interested please submit a current resume.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
1. Job Title: Business Analyst
2. Location: Reston, VA
3. Job Duration: 12+ months
4. Assignment Type: 1099 of C2C
5. Pay Rate: Negotiable
The successful candidate will work with business sponsors and other relevant stakeholders to define and document the business requirements for complex government software systems. The ability to work with both technical and non-technical audiences is very important, so having a solid understanding of the software development process is key. Principal responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Performing business analysis to support the project managers in defining project scope and objectives,
- Analyzing business processes for new and revised business applications,
- Eliciting information and functional requirements from product owners and business sponsors through oral and written communication,
- Documenting requirements meetings, developing user stories and UML diagrams to support the elicitation process, working with developers to generate mockups of proposed solutions, presenting mockups and refining requirements,
- Collecting and documenting preliminary data requirements.
- Assist in designing technical specifications for complex, integrated government systems which include numerous feeders crossing agency boundaries
- Assist with in development testing
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree – Computer Science degree preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting a software/hardware development efforts
- Candidates without a college degree will be considered, but must have at least 7 years of relevant development experience
Required Skills and Competencies:
The successful candidate will have experience in the following:
- Strong technical writing skills, with the ability to concisely describe business requirements
- Ability to use a variety of software for creating UML diagrams and mockups as well as written documents used to communicate software specifications to both technical and non-technical audiences (software examples include Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Axure, and Hypersnap)
- Documentation of business requirements. Examples of documentation include business requirement specifications (BSR), use cases, and user stories
- Working knowledge of database systems (SQL Server preferred)
- Understanding of user interfaces and most common approaches found in GUIs
- Presentation of requirements findings and mockups for review with sponsors and end users
- Ability to understand formulas used in financial calculations and to describe relevant workflows
- Experience working with a wide range of personnel, including business sponsors, product owners, government project managers, development teams, and end users at all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with formalized requirements management frameworks (including requirements traceability) such as IEEE and ITIL.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts and writing web service specifications
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) concepts
- Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Experience using tracking and versioning software such as Codebeamer and Subversion.
- Familiarity with data modeling concepts
- Familiarity with integrating COTS and custom software as part of an enterprise software solution (Experience with SAS, SAP, or Pega preferred)
Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.