Our organization is looking for an experienced Entry Level Data Engineer for a 6+ months contract position in Rancho Cordova, CA. If interested please submit a current resume.
Must be either US or Green Card.
1. Job Title: Entry Level Data Engineer
2. Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
3. Job Duration: 6+ Months
4. Assignment Type: 1099
5. Pay Rate: Negotiable
6. Special Skills: RDBMS, SQL, SDLC, Oracle, OOP, Java, VB.Net, C, C++, C#
The Data Engineer applies specialized knowledge of information, data analysis and database management disciplines to provide world-class solutions for our clients. The Data Engineer will:
- Conceptualize, design, develop, integrate, deploy and maintain the data layer and data components
- Ensure organizational and team member success by applying knowledge of high performance team techniques, coaching techniques, mentoring models and collaboration strategies to work collaboratively as a member of a high performance team and to provide coaching/ mentoring to other team members as appropriate.
- Collaborate across business units to enhance knowledge of data engineering capability and information management and to increase intellectual capital by applying knowledge of data engineering management strategies and tools, communities of learning, delivery organizations and knowledge management tools, to contribute to the continuous enhancement and communication of the information management body of knowledge.
- Develop the data components of application solutions by applying knowledge of service offerings, capabilities, innovation, sales pursuit strategy, and data engineering solutions best practices to collaborate with the solution development team and the client to develop winning solutions that ensure win rates, margins and revenues are improved.
The entry level Data Engineer is expected to:
- Apply basic foundation of a function’s principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope.
- Utilize professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience.
- Exercise independent judgment within defined parameters.
- Develop expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment.
- Act as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts.
- Participates as a member of a Data Engineering Team supporting one or more application projects. Works collaboratively with the Application and Infrastructure teams, including architects, developers and testers, to ensure project success.
- Utilizes the Data Engineering knowledge base and participates in at least one DE community.
The Education and Experience requirements of the entry level Data Engineer are:
- Typically at technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of one year of related experience.
Skills Required: * Conceptual understanding of relational database management systems with at least one year experience using an RDBMS such as MS-SQLServer or Oracle
- Knowledge and experience using Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Basic understanding of Software Development Lifecycle principles
- Knowledge and relevant experience conducting analysis of data
- Able to apply consistently quality and security standards. * Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients.
- Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., Object Oriented programming and web-based applications).
- Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Experience writing code using languages such as Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net.
Job Responsibilities -entry level Data Engineer:
- Participates in data conversion activities including:
o Analyze the customer’s legacy data; create analytical reports summarizing the source data
o Work with the Team leader, Business Analysts, and Customer representatives to define/elaborate data transformation requirements as well as information reporting requirements
o Develop, unit test and execute software to extract data from source databases, transform the data to meet customer requirements, and load the data into the new application (i.e., Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data into the new application)
o Generate summary reports that document the outcome of the ETL process, including detailed data anomaly reports.
o Develop, unit test, and implement enterprise reports that meet customer requirements
o Provide technical support of production reports; conduct analysis of data to assist application developers in their support of production systems.
o Perform assigned tasks in accordance with defined work plans, checklists and processes.
o Assists developers with simple data related activities.
o Participate in work product reviews for data artifacts.
o Participate in problem determination and resolution process..