Our organization is looking for an experienced Security Operations Center Engineer for a 12+ months contract position in Herndon, VA. If interested please submit a current resume. Please note that this position is for shift work.
1. Job Title: Security Operations Center Engineer
2. Location: Herndon, VA
3. Job Duration: 12+ months
4. Assignment Type: 1099, C2C
5. Pay Rate: Negotiable
6. Special Skills: 5-10 yrs. soc exp., incident response, arcsight, splunk, mcafee, tcp/ip,nessus,pci, hippa,sox, security, cissp, sans, giac,gcia
8+ years SOC experience
4+ years incident response experience
2+ years of Operational Team Lead and/or Managerial experience
- 8 to 10 years working within an IT Networking environment
- Extensive Arcsight implementation experience
Lead analyst with experience in building out the Security Operations Center
- Experience with Splunk and ArcSight required
- Experience with McAfee suite (ePO consoles)
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of TCP/IP stack protocols (2nd layer and above).
- Knowledge of current security threats, vulnerabilities and web application attacks.
- Experience with web vulnerability scanners, database assessment tools highly desired
- Experience with NEssus tools
- Experience with PCI, HIPPA or SOX audit and compliance is a plus
- Experience with security risk assessment and mitigation techniques
- Experience with TCP/IP packet analysis.
- Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear, understandable manner
- Excellent problem solving skills and keen ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelors in a technical degree
- Customer service including the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling and response
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-stress support environment
- Experience leading and Incident Response team desired
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or multiple areas such as Windows, Unix, Midrange, Mainframe, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Threat Detection Analysis or Information Risk Management
- Outstanding work ethic
- Network, Security or Platform certifications desired (i.e., S+, N+, MCSP, CNA)
- CISSP or SANS GIAC GCIA certification