Logistics Management Institute Employee Reviews

Great place
Contracts Manager - Tysons, VA, USA (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Great company with good benefits. Relaxed environment but fast paced at times. Good work life balance, reasonably flexible hours. Great co-workers and management.
Pros
Great benefits, good salary
Good Company
SASMO/FSE (Former Employee) –  Tysons, VADecember 30, 2017
LMI is a good company to work for. Very good benefits and good management. When I originally accepted the position I was aware of the limited time. Unfortunately, when a good opportunity presented itself, I had to take it. Other wise I would still be with LMI.
Pros
Gret Benefits
Cons
None that I can think of.
Government Subcontracts Consultant Temp
Subcontracts Administrator Consultant Temp (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 23, 2017
A typical day was data entry; and asking the Contracts Administrators questions about the data entry, if applicable
I learned about setting up an electronic database for contracts
Management was helpful when I had questions
Workplace culture - I was not that involved with it, since I was one of two or three temps hired just to get the data entry done
The hardest part of the job - I wanted to be converted to a full time employee, in a CA or SCA role, with benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job - the commute; the beautiful new office
Decent job
SAP Data Specialist - DFPS Team (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAOctober 4, 2017
Decent job with average pay and benefits. Hit or miss with the quality of managers. Very minimal availability for advancement... tight pyramid shaped company.
Productive place to work
Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJuly 31, 2017
It was a very challenging work experience, a lot of travel but fun. Ninety % of force were veterans, fast track learning job. Travel to a lot of places and support a lot of units.
Pros
good leaders
Cons
n/a
Loved working here
Logistics Analyst Lead (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work. Outstanding leaderships. Room for growth and promotion is possible with hard work and dedication. Military and Veteran friendly company.
Great place to work.
Chief of Installation (COI) (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lee, VAApril 15, 2017
Involves a lot of traveling. Great workplace environment, must be a self-starter and be able to multitask. Must have an open mind and be acceptance to change as the mission is very fluid.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
Out at Sites for 30 days at a time
Fast Paced Workflow
Office Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 28, 2017
LMI is a great company to work for, love a fast paced environment. As the office Services Supervisor I provided detail work flow, print production, shipping / receiving, conference room support.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Demanding Director
Impactful Work with Elite Minds
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tysons, VAAugust 9, 2016
The staff at LMI are a fantastic group of elite minds who provide meaningful and actionable consulting services to federal clients.
Pros
People, Benefits, Clients, and Work Life Balance
Excellent company for work atmosphere, compensation, and benefits.
Team Lead and Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALMarch 23, 2016
One of the better service providing companies supporting both the public and private sectors. Outstanding HR and IT support with excellent managerial oversight that creates a productive and enjoyable environment for its employees.
Very Laid Back Employer with decent benefits
Senior Logistics Consultant/Ground Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2016
I have had no serious issues with the LMI management but there are small quirks to the company that can make some days frustrating. I would definitely recommend to anybody that the could find a place here.
Pros
Decent Benefits Package, Decent Leadership
Cons
Some benefits are harder to claim than others
Great Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 17, 2014
Great company to work for with very good benefits. The best benefit is the ability to take part in a number of learning opportunities to develop professionally. The company also has a great new headquarters, however if you are not part of the few administrative staff or management you will probably have to work in a below satisfactory client facility.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Work is not very engaging
Productive workplace.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 29, 2014
Productive workplace.Co-workers are great. Working conditions vary from department to department.
Love my job but want to move home
Accountant I-Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 2, 2014
From start of the day to the end I stay busy with data entering, invoice reconciliation, verification of client/vendor information. My supervisors are great and I hate to leave but the company is going through a major change and I do not believe that there is a place for me anymore. My co-workers are supportive and we like to get together once in a while outside of work. The hardest part of my job is being able to get the PM's and PD"s to verify the work done and sign off in a timely manner for payment.
Pros
free lunches often, flex-time, gym, fabulous benefits, free tickets to MLB, NFL events with clients
Cons
micromanagement, stoppage of raises or bonuses for Admin
Benefits are good for now, and Management is horrible
not relevent (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 5, 2014
You are constantly get harassed by your manager and they will harass the client as well-A lot of micromanagement-They don't let you advance in your career and their HR is a joke. Majority of the manager have been here for a long time and same as the HR and they back each others up. If you complaint, they will make sure that you are out the door fast. The manager don't know how to manage people and they have been here for 20 years or 30 years. They also think that they own the company. If you are looking to retire here, come and join the group and their insanity. Also, there is favoritism. If the manager likes you, regardless of your education or your work experience, then you will become a superhero.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
harassement, bad management, no career advancement, favoritism
Good company, great leadership
Senior Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 7, 2014
LMI is a great company. The leadership from my program director is top notch.
Pros
Benefits and the job itself is rewarding
Cons
Not very much ability to move between business units
Inyeresting project activities
Consultant - Recent (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 8, 2013
Great company, people, and projects. Government is main client. revent funding impcted by sequestration issues.
Pros
Telework
Cons
Government is significant client
LMI is the Best - Great People- Great Opportunities- Great Culture
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 21, 2013
I worked for LMI for nine years, and there are none better! It has been consistently rated as one of the best companies in the DC area, and they deserve this recognition. They have Great People - Great Professional Opportunities - Great Culture- Competitive Salaries. None better!
Great company benefits, however management is behind times
Accountant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 17, 2013
I was verbally harassed numerous times and when I had gone to the Director, 2 days later was dishcarged.
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
accounting management is horrible
Distribution Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 9, 2013
Good place to work. Associates care about their clients and thier misisons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics Management Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3