Logistics Management Institute Employee Reviews

Impactful Work with Elite Minds
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tysons, VAAugust 9, 2016
The staff at LMI are a fantastic group of elite minds who provide meaningful and actionable consulting services to federal clients.
Pros
People, Benefits, Clients, and Work Life Balance
Very Laid Back Employer with decent benefits
Senior Logistics Consultant/Ground Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2016
I have had no serious issues with the LMI management but there are small quirks to the company that can make some days frustrating. I would definitely recommend to anybody that the could find a place here.
Pros
Decent Benefits Package, Decent Leadership
Cons
Some benefits are harder to claim than others
Benefits are good for now, and Management is horrible
not relevent (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 5, 2014
You are constantly get harassed by your manager and they will harass the client as well-A lot of micromanagement-They don't let you advance in your career and their HR is a joke. Majority of the manager have been here for a long time and same as the HR and they back each others up. If you complaint, they will make sure that you are out the door fast. The manager don't know how to manage people and they have been here for 20 years or 30 years. They also think that they own the company. If you are looking to retire here, come and join the group and their insanity. Also, there is favoritism. If the manager likes you, regardless of your education or your work experience, then you will become a superhero.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
harassement, bad management, no career advancement, favoritism
Love my job but want to move home
Accountant I-Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 2, 2014
From start of the day to the end I stay busy with data entering, invoice reconciliation, verification of client/vendor information. My supervisors are great and I hate to leave but the company is going through a major change and I do not believe that there is a place for me anymore. My co-workers are supportive and we like to get together once in a while outside of work. The hardest part of my job is being able to get the PM's and PD"s to verify the work done and sign off in a timely manner for payment.
Pros
free lunches often, flex-time, gym, fabulous benefits, free tickets to MLB, NFL events with clients
Cons
micromanagement, stoppage of raises or bonuses for Admin
Great Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 17, 2014
Great company to work for with very good benefits. The best benefit is the ability to take part in a number of learning opportunities to develop professionally. The company also has a great new headquarters, however if you are not part of the few administrative staff or management you will probably have to work in a below satisfactory client facility.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Work is not very engaging
Excellent company for work atmosphere, compensation, and benefits.
Team Lead and Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALMarch 23, 2016
One of the better service providing companies supporting both the public and private sectors. Outstanding HR and IT support with excellent managerial oversight that creates a productive and enjoyable environment for its employees.
Great company benefits, however management is behind times
Accountant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 17, 2013
I was verbally harassed numerous times and when I had gone to the Director, 2 days later was dishcarged.
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
accounting management is horrible
Good company, great leadership
Senior Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 7, 2014
LMI is a great company. The leadership from my program director is top notch.
Pros
Benefits and the job itself is rewarding
Cons
Not very much ability to move between business units
LMI is the Best - Great People- Great Opportunities- Great Culture
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 21, 2013
I worked for LMI for nine years, and there are none better! It has been consistently rated as one of the best companies in the DC area, and they deserve this recognition. They have Great People - Great Professional Opportunities - Great Culture- Competitive Salaries. None better!
Work environment
Senior Business & Policy Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 29, 2012
Very challenging and interesting work. LMI is an excellent organization to work for, however, stressful when you are required to deploy to fight terrorism.
Inyeresting project activities
Consultant - Recent (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 8, 2013
Great company, people, and projects. Government is main client. revent funding impcted by sequestration issues.
Pros
Telework
Cons
Government is significant client
Productive workplace.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 29, 2014
Productive workplace.Co-workers are great. Working conditions vary from department to department.
Productive Workplace with Strong Logistics Background
Foreign Policy Officer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 30, 2012
Incredibly strong comapany with an excellent reputation among the Defense Community.
Distribution Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 9, 2013
Good place to work. Associates care about their clients and thier misisons.