Position Start Date: Contingent upon Government Contract Award
*NOTE: Resumes and Proof of Certifications Required
General Position Duties and Responsibilities Overview
Apply knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and medical record documentation to enter/retrieve and duplicate data to/from patient’s medical records; retrieve morbidity data using Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA); use Composite Health Care System (CHCS) to verify and update patient demographics and insurance information and to generate appropriate clinical and administrative forms adhering to the MTF SOP and AHLTA Super-user guide. Receive, retrieve, and issue medical documents, records, and incoming mail daily. Prepare medical records/duplicates and folders. File the proper medical documents in correct medical record ensuring that the patient name and identifying information match
- Collect, sort, and file approximately 7,500 records and Emergency Treatment Records (ETRs) each month in accordance with MTF policies
- Shall receive, greet and direct patients, visitors and hospital personnel; provide accurate responses in a friendly, courteous and concerned manner.
- Input approximately 2,500 telephone consultations into AHLTA, take accurate messages and relay information within 30 minutes.
- Screen, record and redirect approximately 4,000 telephone calls per month using appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Shall schedule approximately 7,500 patient appointments per month and perform 7,500 patient appointment notifications per month according to the MTF scheduling and notification procedures
- Shall verify an average of 7,500 patient forms/records per month to ensure completeness before sending to clinical personnel and before the medical records are filed at visit conclusion per MTF filing protocols.
- Verify and update patient information and data using AHLTA and CHCS approximately 7,500 times per month.
- Shall reconcile all appointed patient encounter forms, other than same-day appointments or walk-in patients, with the correct patient record approximately 7,500 times per month. Encounter forms for appointed patients printed automatically daily.
- Shall verify that all required information on encounter forms are properly completed at the conclusion of each patient encounter. Forms shall be review for accuracy, scanned, and corrected approximately 7,500 times per month
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree, and or 5+ years of current working knowledge
- Good Verbal Communication skills
- Dependable, Responsible, Reliability, Self-Initiative
- Proficient in Basic Computer Operation
- Records Management
- Customer Service and Client Relations
- Ability to maintain good customer/client relations.
- Possess and Verifiable: 2+ years working experience as Administrative Support Personnel in Medical Facility
- Previous/Prior Military Medical Treatment Facilities Operation and Training
- Current Certification: *Note: Candidates Must Provide Verifiable Training Certificates
- Basic Life Support (BLS)- American heart Association For Healthcare Providers
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course
- American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) For the Professional Rescuer, or Equivalent
- Other Related Training and Certificates for Healthcare Providers/Employee
- 2+ years Current working knowledge and experience: Composite Health Care System/Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Applications (CHCS/AHLTA) and other data systems
- Current (within 30 days) Immunization and Physical Examination Testing, if selected and approve for position
- Microsoft Office Suite Software - 3 or more years of working knowledge
- Capable of Typing 40+ words per minute, and willing taking typing test,
- HIV Test
- Blood-Borne Pathogen Orientation Training
- Knowledge and Experience of:
o Infection Control Guidelines;
o Medical Treatment Facilities Operation and Guidelines
o Managing clinical Risk in the Work Environment
- Pass a Thorough Background Investigation
- Security Clearance, Preferred; Capable of Passing and Receiving Interim Clearance
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Navy/Marines HealthCare System
- Medical Terminology
- Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS); Eligibility Forms, Insurance Documentation
- Medical Treatment Facilities Emergency Preparedness Plan
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Prerequisites
- Former Navy/Marine and Army Medical Clerk
- Customer Service and Support
- Strong Reading, Writing, Speaking and understand English
- Fluent and Maintain Good Communications , and Interpersonal Skills
- Flexible, and Capable of working with patients and health care professionals
- Team Player
- Responsibility and Reliable
- Self-Reliant and Efficient
- Unblemished Background
- Recent Experience and Working Knowledge of Navy/Marine Medical Treatment Facilities (MFT) operation
Indeed - 18 months ago