Logistics Support Employee Reviews in United States

Life as a college student
cater (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day would start with classes and doing homework. After that I go to work at my schools catering company. The job has made me aware life and the meaning of hard work. Learning how to deal with people and how to make the best of anything is one of skill I truly learned how to develop while working at my school. The most enjoyable part about school and working for them is I get prepare the catering food and also learn how to run events and how the process managing myself and how to save time in order to get things done quick.
Pros
Free food / spending cash
Cons
not that many hours
LSI is not competitive
BMET Instructor (Former Employee) –  San AntonioOctober 16, 2015
Workings as an instructor was the most rewarding job. After 4 years with no pay raise it was time to move on. LSI refused to negotiate pay or benefits after winning the contract. So long story short the expectation was to continue working under the same conditions as before. Working at METC is awesome and being an instructor is great. I can't say the same for LSI whom manages the contracted instructors. LSI does not care about hiring and retaining quality instructors they simply want bodies to fulfill the position so they don't default on the contract.
Pros
Rewarding career
Cons
No incentives, no pay raise, low morale (contractors under LSI only)
The best part of working at Logistics was driving on the road with noone over your head telling you what to do.
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2015
Lot's of driving. I love customer servicing. My coworkers were pretty good no complaints. There are negatives and positives of peoplr I steer away from the negatives. The customers were great no complaints I loved my customers I loved my customers and everything was based off of timing.
Pros
no one looking over your shoulder while you worked.Money was good.
Cons
Traffic and Truck Stops at the scales they were very lenghtly.
Great Company
Back up for Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 16, 2015
Gives young adults an opportunity to learn great skills. Great opportunity to learn and grow. Positive environment . Job stability is there is you want it.
Nice facility, great worklife, team oriented
Benefit Manager/ ISO Management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 20, 2015
Great place to work. Good location and nice facility. Provides training. Recognizes employees via awards. Sometimes communication lacks. Wonderful co-workers.
Pros
great breakroom - ice machine, free cookies, tea, coffee, etc.
Cons
govt contracting industry
Decent firm. Contract work is limited
PROGRAM ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 2, 2014
Great pay, good people but hard to stay employed due to limited contract work.
Very fast paced environment. Had to get equipment and items out to destinations in timely manner.
Freight Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALJune 18, 2014
Very steady, fast paced work. How to juggle a lot of work and answer phones, file work away, pay bills, and enter data into database after shipment was completed. The management and co-workers were somewhat friendly and professional. Stay to yourself and get work completed mostly. Making sure the trucks came in on time and delivered goods on time. When and if we had time some co-worker to co-worker interaction and every now and then a cookout.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management lacking in communication and interaction with employees.
long hours, hard work, no opportunity for advance.
Temporary contract (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 23, 2014
Worked from 8:00 pm until 6:30 am, pulling parts for a vehicle manufacturing assembly line, temp position, never can pull fast enough (even if I had run out of orders to fill). Co-workers all easy to work with, Managers were driven by requirements of line, and numbers generated by 1st shift. Best part of job was it was like getting paid to go to the gym and work out for 10 hours.
Pros
lost weight and toned up
Cons
short breaks
Hospital Corpsmand
Contract Military Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
Military environment working for Navy Medicine in various locations around the world.
Productive being the mediator between internal and external customers.
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
Great company to work for. Great workplace environment that emphasized great unity within the group. Great work life flexibility. I learned a lot of great skills and knowledge of the industry. Management was very accommodating in helping resolve any issues our group faced. Hardest part would be the fast paced different variety the job offered. I loved it, but if a worker is not used to working under such conditions it can present some problems. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing many different people on the daily basis. I felt my contributions to the group played a vital role in our every day work flow.
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
located off of 290
Productive and efficient work place
Inventory Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington DC/ Crystal CityDecember 16, 2013
*Provides program management and technical support as Subject Matter Expert to the Naval Sea Systems Command
*Leads and directs 100% wall-to-wall inventory and data cleansing
*Plan, coordinate, lead, and manage the processing of excess material for reutilization, transfer, donation, sale or disposal

Worked with 10 supervisors to ensure above tasks were in accordance with Department of Defense regulations.

Traveled to multiple States in the U.S.A. to conduct these inventories.

Managed 30 to 40 employees at each site to conduct inventory.
Pros
travel, meeting new people all over the usa
Cons
no job security with goverment contracts
great internship with the ability to further your knowledge as a professional.
Project Coordinator (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Lilburn, GANovember 19, 2013
This is a true internship, you actually learn valuable tools to take with you later on.
Great introduction to inner workings of Reserve Component
Assistant Officer in Charge (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 9, 2013
Interesting place to work, but options are limited when moving within the organization.
Workmanship and Profiscancy
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 13, 2013
Our day starts at 0630-1500. The environment varies from building to building. We all adapt very quickly and perform our duties. I learned how to d-militarize paperwork and preparation. The various ways to identify and verify products. Do a complete inventory of buildings from one end to the other. Management changed about every month. Management allowed us to continue our process and adapt as needed to complete the job. As any business, taught each other to be the most proficient. The hardest part of the job was taking three weeks off during Christmas without pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking new people and becoming an efficient machine.
Pros
meeting those in the warehouses and working together.
Cons
knowing the job is almost complete and we all will be going our separate ways.
Laid back
System Engineer I (Former Employee) –  McKinney TxNovember 21, 2012
laid back and had plenty of help but sometimes slow sometimes. its alot of help in certain programs.
Pros
plenty help
Cons
not enough work
Temporary Work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 12, 2012
This company is a temporary job for me, they call me when they work at various locations close to me, the pay is very good but the work is not guaranteed and the locations were not a constant. my co-workers were very knowledgeable and very helpfully. a general work day consisted of counting small pieces of hardware and recording the data. it was monotonouns work to say the least although it was a quiet and a very calm work environment.
Pros
high pay, two 15 minute breaks and 30 minutes for lunch, office environment
Cons
very monotonouns
Goverment
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  norfolk vaNovember 2, 2012
it was a very good job until they were forced to make job cuts so they had to lay off several of us
Pros
great people
Cons
budget cuts
Postal Courier
Logistics Support / Courier (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2012
Pick up and delivery of U.S.Postal mail. It was a seasonal position.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits for 2-5 years.
Very well managed
Assistant Customer Service Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2012
Logistics Support Solutions was a nice place to work to get goiod training from good managers.