LogMeIn, Inc. Employee Reviews

More indeed reviews
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2017
These are mandatory I guess before you can actually start applying for other jobs. Cool, just need 50 more characters πŸŽ…πŸΏπŸŽ…πŸΏπŸŽ…πŸΏπŸŽ…πŸΏπŸŽ…πŸΏπŸŽ…πŸΏπŸŽ…πŸΏπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈ
Pros
Indeed
Cons
Indeed
Very enjoyable place to work with free bagels, coffee, and a basketball court.
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here immensely and know that leaving this place it will be hard to find a better company. The people are great and the perks of working here are hard to beat.
Pros
Free lunches, coffee, basketball, laid back
Cons
Poor management, disorganization due to the merger
Great place to work a build a career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2017
Although I left LogMeIn, I have nothing bad to say about it. LogMeIn was good to me and gave me an opportunity to sharpen my skills. Best part about this company aside from the culture is the management. The managers, Directors, and VPs I worked with were all fantastic. They truly care about the bottomline and getting you to where you need to be in your career.
Great company, products and culture
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2017
LogMeIn is a very special place. I had the opportunity to work with great people, sell excellent products and be a part of a memorable company culture. All ingredients to a successful company! I'm looking for the next LogMeIn!
LogMeIn
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2017
I love working at LogMeIn! The people and the team I work with are great. I am currently working as a temp and would rather work as a hired employee.
Company Will Cut Corners
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2016
Everyone who works here is really nice and try to be helpful. The company is far from agile and to get things done a lot of people need buy in. The company will always cut corners for short term dollars over long term success.
Pros
Office isn't bad
Cons
Shortcuts are often taken, lots of red tape
LogMeIn Client Services Representative
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2016
The corporate culture at LogMeIn is amazing. You can approach managers and speak to them freely. Overall there aren't much cons of the job except that sometimes you may deal with rude customers.
Pros
Free lunches, Beer Friday, Casual dress code, Company parties
Cons
Short lunch break, high call volume
LogMeIn
ORER ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2016
It was a great company to work for, they really do care about their employees, for the majority coworkers were nice and caring
Pros
coworkers
Cons
not good with tell employees why they are being let go
Fun Place to work for driven, technology minded people
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2015
Great place to work. Learn something new every day supporting a wide range of software.
Management is over-worked and have little time for one on one interaction so great environment for self starters.
Compensation is good with base + commission and stock options, but no bonuses, stock purchasing plan, or 401k match.
Pros
Stock options, free snacks
Cons
No 401k match, limited vacation time
Job Insecurity---Log Me Out of Here
User Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2015
Let me start out by being as positive as I can about LogMeIn. They are easily the coolest company I have ever worked for. Inside their main Boston headquarters, they have created what can only be described as a mini-google atmosphere with an on site gym, tons of free snacks, coffee, meals, games and even craft beer cart Fridays. LMI creates a unique sense of culture and every coworker seems to really enjoy helping out everyone around them. I have worked at 10 other companies in my life and have never seen a group of men and women more dedicated to helping out each other with tough phone calls/tech support.

With all that said, the management team is completely lacking. It almost seems like they don't care about whether you succeed at the position or not. Rather than approach you and tell you to work on certain things or do something differently, they'll just lay you off without any notice. They brought in over 100 temp to permanent User Service Reps to handle tough calls with disgruntled customers regarding price increases and issues with tech support. Everything you do is tracked. Among the statistics that are tracked include: amount of phone and email tickets resolved, average call time, average wait time, average work time, new sales, renewal sales and cancellation defends. During my time at LMI, I was in the middle of the pack in terns of total tickets handled but was still laid off without notice. I believe that this is because I did not receive enough sales for them to see value in keeping me. However in my defense, of all the calls/emails I handled, less than 5% of
  more... them were inquiring about possible new business or renewals. That leaves you as a (sales) User Service Rep in a very tight spot to hit their lofty monthly quota. On top of that, any big accounts had to be transferred to a specific account owner or renewal rep (whom were usually non responsive to emails and in company chats). This led to some very upset and dissatisfied customers that had to go through that one specific rep anytime they had an issue with their account. My main point of frustration with LMI is that they led everyone in there to believe that there was a future for most everyone at the company. They are expanding rapidly and actually plan on renovating/opening a new office across the street in 2016. They also set an internal company goal to hire 450 new employees in 2015 most likely to fill the new building with. The previous couple sentences directly show the mixed signals that they seemingly send to their employees. If you want to hire 450 new employees in a couple months, you better have enough work for them to do and be willing to actually formally train them. They gave me a whole 3.5 day rundown of their company and 11 offered services and threw me to the wolves on the phones in a tech support type role.

LMI you are so close to being a perfect landing spot but your biggest problem may be your hubris. You think you can expand and take over the screen connectivity market but are doing so at such as fast pace that you can't even catch up to educate and formally train your employees. This will lead to your eventual downfall (See Roman Empire and USSR reign). From a consumer standpoint, there are as good options for a fraction of your ever rising costs (eg Screen Connect & Team Viewer). It's only a matter of time before you get knocked down a peg.
Pros
Coworkers, Free Snacks, Gym, Culture
Cons
Job Insecurity, Management Structure, Educating Employees, Unrealistic Expectations
First Impressions
Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 13, 2015
Was hard to get started at this company the way i wanted. Sometimes the management did not assist very well in setting the proper expectations
Must Drink the 'Kool- Aid' or Expect no Growth
User Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2015
A typical day consists of denying customers of refunds or explaining the value of products price increases. Other situations also entails customers complaining about their account managers not getting back to them, ultimately to cancel their subscription. Customers may also call in about open tickets and product issues, development is extremely slow in resolving these issues. Customers will also call in because they believe they were being provided technical support from a LogMeIn staff member when truly they were scammed by someone using a LogMeIn product to steal credit card information.
Middle Management is pretty untrustworthy, they will say one thing and do another. They laid people off pretty regularly.
However, your co-workers are exceptional, they will take the time to help you. Most enjoyable part of the job is hmm the free snacks.
Pros
Good Location, free snacks
Cons
Must Drink the 'Kool-Aid' or no Growth
Sales Associate
User Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2014
-Inbound sales
-Hard to reach location
-No room for advancement
Pros
Bonus structure
Great Place to Work
User Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2014
- Contribute to the overall growth of the company by providing outstanding customer service
-Generate new and renewal sales by determining user requirements and recommending appropriate products and solutions
-Respond to issues and questions from end users via phone and online channels
-Effectively interact with users of all technical skill levels to assess severity level and define, research, and resolve issues and questions quickly and accurately
-Convey user feedback to appropriate business areas such as Marketing, Product Management and Development.
-Educating users to improve product/feature usage and customer satisfaction & selling them the appropriate product to meet their needs

Great Place to Work.
Very Dynamic
Pros
Great Building
Cons
....
salary is not competive/loosing some its laxed culture
Account Executive (Hunter) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2014
Company is losing some of its culture, becoming more of a corporatocracy, and will continue to get worse as they continue to recruit top execs from other big companies. pay is not as good as many other local SaaS companies.
Pros
people
Cons
salary; increased micromanaging
great coworkers and work environment
JoinMe Business Development and Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2013
Pretty good sales training starting off, spent most of the day on phone's with current or prospective customers looking for the best SAAS solutions for their business needs. A pretty good place to work other than the in office politics and micromanagement. The hardest part of the Job was getting people who had certain SAAS solutions already integrated within their whole company to completely switch over which we would usually handle by starting it within one department and letting it spread. My favorite part of the job was the coworkers, it is a young environment with a lot of good people who are willing to help.
Pros
good location, cool software
Cons
micromanagement and office politics
Great company
Developer, Support Operations (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 2, 2013
good up and coming company, although it is a bit thick with red tape at times, otherwise really awesome.