LoJack Corporation

LoJack Corporation Employee Reviews

One of Bostons Own
Several different management positions (Former Employee), Westwood, MAMarch 28, 2015
LoJack has been a part of Massachusetts for 25 years and is a great local company to work for. It provides a unique opportunity to make an impact and make a difference. Some of the challenges are typical- updating systems and processes that are a little outdated, but otherwise the brand is one of the most recognized in the US and continues to have a 90% recovery of stolen vehicles.
Not bad position for some
LoJack Certified Technician - Passed (Former Employee), Naples, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Freedom, travel, meet new people
Cons: scheduling, respect to technicians
Basically you drive to locations provided via an online platform. Appointments can be set with short notice as a few hours or as long as a few days.

Job is to install electronic devices on various types – more... of vehicles via a precise set of standards. Documentation of installation is imperative.

The management in this company is probably the biggest weakness.

Pay is typically $16/hr plus benefits as an employ or $30 per vehicle as a contractor or $60 per vehicle as a territory manager.

The worst part is the scheduling, scheduling platform and redundant documentation per each install.

So, typically you may have 4 cars in a given day, sometimes none other times 8 or more.
You must acknowledge each job, then acknowledge in route to the job, then acknowledge arrival to the job, then find the vehicle (if dealer), then document the install, perform the installation under various conditions (heat, rain or other), test the installation, Document various steps with photo's, complete documentation and close the job.
The job may take 15 minutes, but everything else can add 30 minutes.

The best part of the job is you are on your own and you can pretty much work at your pace.

I learned where LoJack gets installed on vehicles.

Some of the people are totally awesome and great to be around.

I was operating as a contractor under another company. – less
Ok, things have gone downhill
Marketing Specialist / Manager (Current Employee), Canton, MAMarch 11, 2015
Used to have great benefits but the past year they have taken away a lot of them including 401K, bonuses for non-manager level employees
Great Co Workers
Fleet Telematics, Commercial Representative (Current Employee), Canton, MAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: understaffed in my department
In my current role things change daily based on the orders and concerns that come in from clients.

Management is easy to deal with and has a good open door policy.

Some days it can be stressful if we are short handed due to absences since my department is small.

I really enjoy interacting with the clients.
Great local company
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee), Westwood, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Local company with an outstanding product with timeless technology. The co-workers that I met whiles working at LoJack have become life long friends. Truely great people have built this company into what it is today. Working at LoJack I was able to learn and build experience in all areas of Marketing.
The company is spinning in its weels
Project Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee), Canton, MADecember 5, 2014
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: no company growth and no job security
They have an aging product and the fleet management systems is yet to take off
Very productive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Palmdale, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: monthly activities
Cons: company went out of business
A typical day at California Federal Bank, helping customers with all of there telephone banking needs. Management was great my team leader was very hands on and he loved his team, my co-workers were very – more... helpful and understanding, the hardest part of the job was not able to reverse fees for customers as much, the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I work with, it was a joy coming to work every day. – less
Like this company, like it's original product
I.T. (Former Employee), Canton, MAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: very good team spirit.
Cons: little opportunity for advancement.
The original LoJack was created to enhance officer safety by alerting them that the vehicle they are stopping is a stolen vehicle. It was created before there were cross-state databases and cameras in – more... police cars. It was also found that the RF signal that an activated device would emit could be found in shipping containers, garages, and apartments, making it better than GPS at closing that 100 yards. The company went through a number of challenges that leaves it now trying to re-invent itself and become nationwide, which it currently is not. If you are attached to the legacy projects they tend to leave you there and hire in new talent. – less
Good people - Great collaboration
National Field Operations Resource Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: management and team structure
Cons: limited opportunities for upward mobility
I enjoy working and contributing at LoJack. It is a big company name with a small company feel regarding working together toward the achievement of common goals for company success.
Find another place to work!
Senior Battery Engineer (Current Employee), Canton, MAJuly 18, 2014
Most of the people at LoJack are reasonable. The management is ruthless. A typical day is 10 -12 hours with 1 to 3 conference calls at night.
Great company to be employed
NFRM/FOM (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: pay to benchmark
Excellent communication from management at all levels. Collaboration between departments is accomplished while maintaining focus on individual departmental goals and priorities.
Growing company still able to maintain the culture of a small company family environment.
Good company
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), los angelesSeptember 2, 2013
This company was the smallest company I worked for, but it is exciting as it is the only company that offers it's particular service. They really stressed customer service and it was a fun place to work. Pay was extremely low for the amount of work required.
Outdated technology
Installations Manager, Operations and Safety (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: in it's day the company was strong and profitable
Cons: failure to keep up with technology and outsourcing crippled the company's growth
In the early 90's Lo Jack had a strong foothold in the stolen vehicle recovery market but new management made the decision to outsource most all operations and failed to invest in improving technology of the product.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAMay 15, 2013
Pros: learn computer experince sales
Cons: computer systems was out dated.
Lojack was a very nice job. I loved going to be with a group people. That i consider family. Never wanted to miss a day of work. Never a dole moment there.
Declining Culture and Morale Under New Management
Materials Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee), Canton, MAApril 9, 2013
Pros: new building, solid core product
Cons: poor communication, employee retention, and low salary
LoJack Corp. gave me my first experience of a corporate environment. They taught me how information flows through a company and how departmental chain of command works. The company however, is becoming – more... less and less enjoyable to work for, with poorly planned projects being thrown on unprepared workers plates, creating very unnecessary stress levels among the workforce. Management has extremely poor communication skills, which causes delays when mistakes are made due to poorly shared data. This was the hardest part of the job, trying to figure out wich changes to the original project management would make so we could reduce the amount of unnecessary work brought on by lack of communication – less
Great family feeling company
Consumer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Canton, MAMarch 12, 2013
LoJack is a great place to work. The day I arrived I felt right at home and was welcomed with open arms. There are plenty of opportunities and if you are willing to put in the work you will be recognised and rewarded for your accomplishments.
Relaxed place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: able to work from home once a week or during certain emergencies, such as snow.
Cons: no grace period if running late, not much opportunities change positions, management needs to get more organized and go through some serious type of training!
Assign jobs to LoJack technicians and any extra jobs gets assigned to Expeditors (3rd party contractors). Make sure that the LoJack technicians' routes are efficient, no back and forth. Call customers – more... if technicians are running late with their morning or afternoon appointments. During the day make, complete the schedule for the following day, before 2 pm and go over the schedule with the area supervisor. Schedule the stock pickup, via UPS, for the technician. There various reports that are assigned to different dispatchers to complete on a daily or weekly basis. Answer the phone calls, either the call center in Boston, MA for approval to book job on certain days or technicians calling in with issues. – less
Fair Company
Dealer/Customer Service Representative-nationwide (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAOctober 21, 2012
Pros: decent work environment
Cons: rigid schedule due to phone demands
LoJack Corp has fair employment policies.
The workplace was pleasant and I enjoyed my interaction with my colleagues.
Pleasant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAOctober 16, 2012
It was both challenging and rewarding to assist customers with their inquiries and needs.
Sad
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Alpharetta,GAJuly 29, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: racist enviroment, unfair atmosphere
Co-worker are backstabbers, training is awful. Manangement is horrible. The pay was good