LoJack Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  Canton MANovember 24, 2015
Management sucks. No feedback. The recruiting agency is just as bad. No communication between employees and management. No job security, micromanagement, supervisors are snakes and a** kissers. Worst experience ever. Unprofessional and inconsiderate company. Pay raises on freeze no bonuses and they're crumbling. High turnover rate.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyed working at LoJack Corp very much. Challenging and interesting work. Never bored and outstanding co-workers.
Senior Counsel (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 11, 2016
Challenging and interesting work. Never bored.
Friendly and hardworking co-workers who are passionate about their work and the company.
Hard working, knowledgeable and approachable management.
Hardest part of the job were the employee cut-backs and seeing a lot of good people leave.
Most enjoyable part of the job were the missing person and stolen vehicle recoveries that the company's products assisted in.
Pros
Providing legal advice to clients
Cons
Employee cut backs
Run as fast as you can!
no comment (Current Employee) –  no commentJanuary 26, 2016
Going down in flames.
People are leaving in droves. Some after 20+ years.
Complete disaster, their days are numbered.
You'll be lied to at time of hire, but within 6 months you'll see for yourself.
Pros
Work/ life balance, supportive supervisors.
Cons
Upper management is clueless, comes down to do motivational speeches and then right back to business as usual.
Declining Culture and Morale Under New Management
Materials Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAApril 9, 2013
LoJack Corp. gave me my first experience of a corporate environment. They taught me how information flows through a company and how departmental chain of command works. The company however, is becoming less and less enjoyable to work for, with poorly planned projects being thrown on unprepared workers plates, creating very unnecessary stress levels among the workforce. Management has extremely poor communication skills, which causes delays when mistakes are made due to poorly shared data. This was the hardest part of the job, trying to figure out wich changes to the original project management would make so we could reduce the amount of unnecessary work brought on by lack of communication
Pros
new building, solid core product
Cons
poor communication, employee retention, and low salary
Scheduling issues and money TAKEN AWAY
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 20, 2015
LoJack WAS great to work for when I had babysitting issues and needed some flexibility. Then the scheduling manager left and all heck broke loose. And now they've taken away our bonuses, 401k matching, and no more merit raises. I'm tired of watching the rich get richer by taking food off my kids plates.
Pros
work from home once a week
Cons
they took our financial benefits away to make rich investors happy
worse company ever
install tech (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CaOctober 29, 2013
This company sucks. Management has thier favorites and if you don't kiss thier butt, they make life hard for you. They constantly changing rules and don't tell until they want to write you up for breaking a rule you knew nothing about. They wrote up a coworker because he called in and said he had to take his sick son to the hospital. The write up said that he put his family in front of his work. Manager wrote me up because i knew more about cars than he did. If you want to get ahead in the company, you need to mess up and then blame your coworkers. If you don't want to get ahead, mind your business and do your job right. You will NOT get anywhere except written up and eventually fired.
Pros
company car
Cons
poor management, lack of opportunities of advancement.
Very poorly managed
Dispatch/Scheduler- CA, OR, WA, AZ, NV (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta,GAJuly 13, 2012
The dispatch center is operated in a very poorly manner. Most of the time the manager is not there. The supervisor performs admin work and the employees basically supervise themselves. The same rules do not apply to everyone. Your attendance is more important than how well you perform your job. Fellow coworkers surf the net, sleep, watch movies on the their phones, rude to customers on the phone. This occurs in the presence of management and supervisors and nothing is done. Employees are overworked and taken advantage of. The benefits and pay are good. Beyond that it is a circus there.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
poorly managed, short staffed
The company is spinning in its weels
Project Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 5, 2014
They have an aging product and the fleet management systems is yet to take off
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
no company growth and no job security
Not bad position for some
LoJack Certified Technician - Passed (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 26, 2015
Basically you drive to locations provided via an online platform. Appointments can be set with short notice as a few hours or as long as a few days.

Job is to install electronic devices on various types of vehicles via a precise set of standards. Documentation of installation is imperative.

The management in this company is probably the biggest weakness.

Pay is typically $16/hr plus benefits as an employ or $30 per vehicle as a contractor or $60 per vehicle as a territory manager.

The worst part is the scheduling, scheduling platform and redundant documentation per each install.

So, typically you may have 4 cars in a given day, sometimes none other times 8 or more.
You must acknowledge each job, then acknowledge in route to the job, then acknowledge arrival to the job, then find the vehicle (if dealer), then document the install, perform the installation under various conditions (heat, rain or other), test the installation, Document various steps with photo's, complete documentation and close the job.
The job may take 15 minutes, but everything else can add 30 minutes.

The best part of the job is you are on your own and you can pretty much work at your pace.

I learned where LoJack gets installed on vehicles.

Some of the people are totally awesome and great to be around.

I was operating as a contractor under another company.
Pros
Freedom, travel, meet new people
Cons
scheduling, respect to technicians
good secure employment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  worked out of homeMay 18, 2015
Working for Lojack was rewarding in many ways. I got along well with most of my co-workers over the 15 year employment I spent with Lojack. I had a company vehicle to perform my inspections. I was the Quality Assurance Inspector for South L.A. Co. and all of Orange Co.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
Poor upper Corporate Management
Great company to be employed
NFRM/FOM (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2014
Excellent communication from management at all levels. Collaboration between departments is accomplished while maintaining focus on individual departmental goals and priorities.
Growing company still able to maintain the culture of a small company family environment.
Pros
management
Cons
pay to benchmark
Like this company, like it's original product
I.T. (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 22, 2014
The original LoJack was created to enhance officer safety by alerting them that the vehicle they are stopping is a stolen vehicle. It was created before there were cross-state databases and cameras in police cars. It was also found that the RF signal that an activated device would emit could be found in shipping containers, garages, and apartments, making it better than GPS at closing that 100 yards. The company went through a number of challenges that leaves it now trying to re-invent itself and become nationwide, which it currently is not. If you are attached to the legacy projects they tend to leave you there and hire in new talent.
Pros
very good team spirit.
Cons
little opportunity for advancement.
Great company to work with
Senior Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2015
Great company, management team and other employees are very easy to get along with. Pretty much a self managed job. A job in which you deal directly with customer on the installation of the product in which they purchase.
Relaxed place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 9, 2013
Assign jobs to LoJack technicians and any extra jobs gets assigned to Expeditors (3rd party contractors). Make sure that the LoJack technicians' routes are efficient, no back and forth. Call customers if technicians are running late with their morning or afternoon appointments. During the day make, complete the schedule for the following day, before 2 pm and go over the schedule with the area supervisor. Schedule the stock pickup, via UPS, for the technician. There various reports that are assigned to different dispatchers to complete on a daily or weekly basis. Answer the phone calls, either the call center in Boston, MA for approval to book job on certain days or technicians calling in with issues.
Pros
able to work from home once a week or during certain emergencies, such as snow.
Cons
no grace period if running late, not much opportunities change positions, management needs to get more organized and go through some serious type of training!
Very productive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at California Federal Bank, helping customers with all of there telephone banking needs. Management was great my team leader was very hands on and he loved his team, my co-workers were very helpful and understanding, the hardest part of the job was not able to reverse fees for customers as much, the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I work with, it was a joy coming to work every day.
Pros
monthly activities
Cons
company went out of business
Morning Lead (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 29, 2015
A good learning experience with our customer, employees and our procedures. My manager always had an open door policy and was approachable for any questions and concerns. Co-workers were always willing to learn and always willing to be open to new ideas. The hardest part of my job was the working schedule, however, with the reorganization, our work schedules were more feasible for every employee working for the organization.
Pros
Potlucks helped boost our morale with our team
Cons
N/A
Terrible management! Can you say nepotism?
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 13, 2013
The management team is a bunch of friends and relatives that definitely play favorites and make sure their people get all the advancement and opportunity.
Great Co Workers
Fleet Telematics, Commercial Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 24, 2015
In my current role things change daily based on the orders and concerns that come in from clients.

Management is easy to deal with and has a good open door policy.

Some days it can be stressful if we are short handed due to absences since my department is small.

I really enjoy interacting with the clients.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
understaffed in my department
LoJack is a cool place to work.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 7, 2012
I will say that LoJack is a good place to work. The day to day business is easy to catch on to as long as you pay full attention to all instructions given. Management was pretty thorough about what needed to be done on the job. Co-workers were alright for the most part. The hardest part of this job was just trying to fully understand all the ends and outs of the job but I endured a short run with this company and wasn't able to fully enjoy a complete experience here.
Pros
lunch days where management would purchase lunch for the employees
Cons
working holidays
Long track record of proven technology
Field Operations Manager/NAIM (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAMay 1, 2015
LoJack as been a great place to gain experience by wearing many hats within the roles I have held. I have had many additional responsibilities that were unrelated to my core role throughout my tenure with the company. The people are the best part of the organization, they have very dedicated employees who really care about how they impact the company.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Lack of foresight in how decisions will deter top talent from job seeking elsewhere

2.9