LoJack Employee Reviews

Good experience
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 6, 2017
It was a good job to gain experience I need for my career that I'm headed to while working there I gained experience driving long distances and also managing time
Get it Back with LoJack
Dealer Service Customer Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 31, 2017
Very in step company to work with. A progressive and tuned in company with a philosophy which embraces the customer along with the employee, Management recognizes the balance of work and employee life which conveys a general sense of caring.
Fun and exciting
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 10, 2017
Great job if you like to travel around your state installing electronics and meeting people from all areas. Plus you will work on vehicles in all price ranges.
Very good workplace with car dealers
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote employeeApril 19, 2017
Fun and challenging was able to manage and train car dealership mechanics on how to install LoJack tracking systems and work with law enforcement got to create presentations for new accounts and work with service managers.l
Pros
Company transportation
Cons
Extreme hours
Just Ok
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAApril 4, 2017
This company has no room for advancement nor comp incentives. they are moving in a direction that I'm not sure they know where they are headed. Way too many changes going on.
Pros
Great balance for work life and family life
Cons
Low pay, no growth
Use to be a good company
Alternative Installations Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MA 02021February 20, 2017
This info in based on several years ago. Since being bought out hopefully things have changed. In early 2000's, this was a good company to work for. as of 2010- Techs were seen as disposable, there was no room for growth, they were forced to work until the work was done. No life balance, poor upper management making really bad business decision that hurt the installers more than anyone else. The only plus was the benefits...back in the day.
Cons
No life balance, poor upper management, took away all the benefits
Productive and payful
costomer service (Former Employee) –  Rio Piedras, PRJanuary 11, 2017
well i describe lojack one of my best pay compensation work when i started the company was on fire the sales i made was unbelievable the team was almost perfect and the management makes you feel like family.
LoJack is a outstanding corporation which provides for an excellent opportunity for growth. LoJack cultivates a true team atmospher.
Sr Business Develpoment Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern CaSeptember 27, 2016
Overall care-and-feeding of accounts across all industry segments located in the territory including auto, motorcycle and commercial equipment dealers.

I learned on a continual basis. My team members and I communicated on a daily basis and constantly bounced ideas off of one another. Discussed next steps at individual accounts and learned and leaned on one another for input.

I enjoy the entire sales process analyzing territories, identifying targets, implementing a specific plan, and putting in the work in order to get the desired results.
Pros
Great people, great product, great support from the top down.
Enjoyed working at LoJack Corp very much. Challenging and interesting work. Never bored and outstanding co-workers.
Senior Counsel (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 11, 2016
Challenging and interesting work. Never bored.
Friendly and hardworking co-workers who are passionate about their work and the company.
Hard working, knowledgeable and approachable management.
Hardest part of the job were the employee cut-backs and seeing a lot of good people leave.
Most enjoyable part of the job were the missing person and stolen vehicle recoveries that the company's products assisted in.
Pros
Providing legal advice to clients
Cons
Employee cut backs
Awesome place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 16, 2016
LoJack is an awesome place to work. The Management there is top notch. The culture there is friendly and relaxed as well as professional and productive.

What really impressed me about LoJack while I was there is that you never knew who you were talking to. The President of the company or the Housekeeper.

Everyone was treated with the same level of respect. Everyone there was so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. No one thought they were about any task.

I tried to give the management a 5 star rating, but somehow the computer program would not allow it.
Pros
Friendly but professinal environment, Mgrs. are awesome. free emp. pkng. Free coffee and filtered water
Run as fast as you can!
no comment (Current Employee) –  no commentJanuary 26, 2016
Going down in flames.
People are leaving in droves. Some after 20+ years.
Complete disaster, their days are numbered.
You'll be lied to at time of hire, but within 6 months you'll see for yourself.
Pros
Work/ life balance, supportive supervisors.
Cons
Upper management is clueless, comes down to do motivational speeches and then right back to business as usual.
Horrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  Canton MANovember 24, 2015
Management sucks. No feedback. The recruiting agency is just as bad. No communication between employees and management. No job security, micromanagement, supervisors are snakes and a** kissers. Worst experience ever. Unprofessional and inconsiderate company. Pay raises on freeze no bonuses and they're crumbling. High turnover rate.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Awesome experience
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 2, 2015
Will be forever grateful for having the opportunity to work for them.
Great co-workers, the most I liked about my position was learning new things everyday.
Morning Lead (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 29, 2015
A good learning experience with our customer, employees and our procedures. My manager always had an open door policy and was approachable for any questions and concerns. Co-workers were always willing to learn and always willing to be open to new ideas. The hardest part of my job was the working schedule, however, with the reorganization, our work schedules were more feasible for every employee working for the organization.
Pros
Potlucks helped boost our morale with our team
Cons
N/a
good secure employment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  worked out of homeMay 18, 2015
Working for Lojack was rewarding in many ways. I got along well with most of my co-workers over the 15 year employment I spent with Lojack. I had a company vehicle to perform my inspections. I was the Quality Assurance Inspector for South L.A. Co. and all of Orange Co.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
Poor upper Corporate Management
Great company to work with
Senior Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2015
Great company, management team and other employees are very easy to get along with. Pretty much a self managed job. A job in which you deal directly with customer on the installation of the product in which they purchase.
Long track record of proven technology
Field Operations Manager/NAIM (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAMay 1, 2015
LoJack as been a great place to gain experience by wearing many hats within the roles I have held. I have had many additional responsibilities that were unrelated to my core role throughout my tenure with the company. The people are the best part of the organization, they have very dedicated employees who really care about how they impact the company.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Lack of foresight in how decisions will deter top talent from job seeking elsewhere
One of Bostons Own
Several different management positions (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 28, 2015
LoJack has been a part of Massachusetts for 25 years and is a great local company to work for. It provides a unique opportunity to make an impact and make a difference. Some of the challenges are typical- updating systems and processes that are a little outdated, but otherwise the brand is one of the most recognized in the US and continues to have a 90% recovery of stolen vehicles.
Not bad position for some
LoJack Certified Technician - Passed (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 26, 2015
Basically you drive to locations provided via an online platform. Appointments can be set with short notice as a few hours or as long as a few days.

Job is to install electronic devices on various types of vehicles via a precise set of standards. Documentation of installation is imperative.

The management in this company is probably the biggest weakness.

Pay is typically $16/hr plus benefits as an employ or $30 per vehicle as a contractor or $60 per vehicle as a territory manager.

The worst part is the scheduling, scheduling platform and redundant documentation per each install.

So, typically you may have 4 cars in a given day, sometimes none other times 8 or more.
You must acknowledge each job, then acknowledge in route to the job, then acknowledge arrival to the job, then find the vehicle (if dealer), then document the install, perform the installation under various conditions (heat, rain or other), test the installation, Document various steps with photo's, complete documentation and close the job.
The job may take 15 minutes, but everything else can add 30 minutes.

The best part of the job is you are on your own and you can pretty much work at your pace.

I learned where LoJack gets installed on vehicles.

Some of the people are totally awesome and great to be around.

I was operating as a contractor under another company.
Pros
Freedom, travel, meet new people
Cons
scheduling, respect to technicians
Ok, things have gone downhill
Marketing Specialist / Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 11, 2015
Used to have great benefits but the past year they have taken away a lot of them including 401K, bonuses for non-manager level employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LoJack. Our community is ready to answer.