LoJack Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed working at LoJack Corp very much. Challenging and interesting work. Never bored and outstanding co-workers.
Senior Counsel (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 11, 2016
Challenging and interesting work. Never bored.
Friendly and hardworking co-workers who are passionate about their work and the company.
Hard working, knowledgeable and approachable management.
Hardest part of the job were the employee cut-backs and seeing a lot of good people leave.
Most enjoyable part of the job were the missing person and stolen vehicle recoveries that the company's products assisted in.
Pros
Providing legal advice to clients
Cons
Employee cut backs
Run as fast as you can!
no comment (Current Employee) –  no commentJanuary 26, 2016
Going down in flames.
People are leaving in droves. Some after 20+ years.
Complete disaster, their days are numbered.
You'll be lied to at time of hire, but within 6 months you'll see for yourself.
Pros
Work/ life balance, supportive supervisors.
Cons
Upper management is clueless, comes down to do motivational speeches and then right back to business as usual.
Horrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  Canton MANovember 24, 2015
Management sucks. No feedback. The recruiting agency is just as bad. No communication between employees and management. No job security, micromanagement, supervisors are snakes and a** kissers. Worst experience ever. Unprofessional and inconsiderate company. Pay raises on freeze no bonuses and they're crumbling. High turnover rate.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Awesome experience
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 2, 2015
Will be forever grateful for having the opportunity to work for them.
Great co-workers, the most I liked about my position was learning new things everyday.
Morning Lead (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 29, 2015
A good learning experience with our customer, employees and our procedures. My manager always had an open door policy and was approachable for any questions and concerns. Co-workers were always willing to learn and always willing to be open to new ideas. The hardest part of my job was the working schedule, however, with the reorganization, our work schedules were more feasible for every employee working for the organization.
Pros
Potlucks helped boost our morale with our team
Cons
N/A
good secure employment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  worked out of homeMay 18, 2015
Working for Lojack was rewarding in many ways. I got along well with most of my co-workers over the 15 year employment I spent with Lojack. I had a company vehicle to perform my inspections. I was the Quality Assurance Inspector for South L.A. Co. and all of Orange Co.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
Poor upper Corporate Management
Great company to work with
Senior Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2015
Great company, management team and other employees are very easy to get along with. Pretty much a self managed job. A job in which you deal directly with customer on the installation of the product in which they purchase.
Long track record of proven technology
Field Operations Manager/NAIM (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAMay 1, 2015
LoJack as been a great place to gain experience by wearing many hats within the roles I have held. I have had many additional responsibilities that were unrelated to my core role throughout my tenure with the company. The people are the best part of the organization, they have very dedicated employees who really care about how they impact the company.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Lack of foresight in how decisions will deter top talent from job seeking elsewhere
One of Bostons Own
Several different management positions (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 28, 2015
LoJack has been a part of Massachusetts for 25 years and is a great local company to work for. It provides a unique opportunity to make an impact and make a difference. Some of the challenges are typical- updating systems and processes that are a little outdated, but otherwise the brand is one of the most recognized in the US and continues to have a 90% recovery of stolen vehicles.
Not bad position for some
LoJack Certified Technician - Passed (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 26, 2015
Basically you drive to locations provided via an online platform. Appointments can be set with short notice as a few hours or as long as a few days.

Job is to install electronic devices on various types of vehicles via a precise set of standards. Documentation of installation is imperative.

The management in this company is probably the biggest weakness.

Pay is typically $16/hr plus benefits as an employ or $30 per vehicle as a contractor or $60 per vehicle as a territory manager.

The worst part is the scheduling, scheduling platform and redundant documentation per each install.

So, typically you may have 4 cars in a given day, sometimes none other times 8 or more.
You must acknowledge each job, then acknowledge in route to the job, then acknowledge arrival to the job, then find the vehicle (if dealer), then document the install, perform the installation under various conditions (heat, rain or other), test the installation, Document various steps with photo's, complete documentation and close the job.
The job may take 15 minutes, but everything else can add 30 minutes.

The best part of the job is you are on your own and you can pretty much work at your pace.

I learned where LoJack gets installed on vehicles.

Some of the people are totally awesome and great to be around.

I was operating as a contractor under another company.
Pros
Freedom, travel, meet new people
Cons
scheduling, respect to technicians
Ok, things have gone downhill
Marketing Specialist / Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 11, 2015
Used to have great benefits but the past year they have taken away a lot of them including 401K, bonuses for non-manager level employees
Scheduling issues and money TAKEN AWAY
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 20, 2015
LoJack WAS great to work for when I had babysitting issues and needed some flexibility. Then the scheduling manager left and all heck broke loose. And now they've taken away our bonuses, 401k matching, and no more merit raises. I'm tired of watching the rich get richer by taking food off my kids plates.
Pros
work from home once a week
Cons
they took our financial benefits away to make rich investors happy
Great Co Workers
Fleet Telematics, Commercial Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 24, 2015
In my current role things change daily based on the orders and concerns that come in from clients.

Management is easy to deal with and has a good open door policy.

Some days it can be stressful if we are short handed due to absences since my department is small.

I really enjoy interacting with the clients.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
understaffed in my department
Great local company
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Local company with an outstanding product with timeless technology. The co-workers that I met whiles working at LoJack have become life long friends. Truely great people have built this company into what it is today. Working at LoJack I was able to learn and build experience in all areas of Marketing.
The company is spinning in its weels
Project Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 5, 2014
They have an aging product and the fleet management systems is yet to take off
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
no company growth and no job security
Very professional, educative, fun filled and pleasant working environment.
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 3, 2014
Very professional, educative, fun filled and pleasant working environment.
Very productive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at California Federal Bank, helping customers with all of there telephone banking needs. Management was great my team leader was very hands on and he loved his team, my co-workers were very helpful and understanding, the hardest part of the job was not able to reverse fees for customers as much, the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I work with, it was a joy coming to work every day.
Pros
monthly activities
Cons
company went out of business
Like this company, like it's original product
I.T. (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 22, 2014
The original LoJack was created to enhance officer safety by alerting them that the vehicle they are stopping is a stolen vehicle. It was created before there were cross-state databases and cameras in police cars. It was also found that the RF signal that an activated device would emit could be found in shipping containers, garages, and apartments, making it better than GPS at closing that 100 yards. The company went through a number of challenges that leaves it now trying to re-invent itself and become nationwide, which it currently is not. If you are attached to the legacy projects they tend to leave you there and hire in new talent.
Pros
very good team spirit.
Cons
little opportunity for advancement.
Good people - Great collaboration
National Field Operations Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2014
I enjoy working and contributing at LoJack. It is a big company name with a small company feel regarding working together toward the achievement of common goals for company success.
Pros
management and team structure
Cons
limited opportunities for upward mobility
Find another place to work!
Senior Battery Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 18, 2014
Most of the people at LoJack are reasonable. The management is ruthless. A typical day is 10 -12 hours with 1 to 3 conference calls at night.

2.9