Loma Linda University Health Employee Reviews

Salary below average
Director of Student Services Admissions & Records (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 18, 2017
The institution provided good and professional work experience. Work was average and within the department, the upper leadership do their best in supporting their constituents. The most difficult aspect of the job was that everything seemed to be an emergency and it causes a truly stressful environment.
Pros
The work out center was free of charge for all employees.
Cons
The salary is in the lower side as compared to other instituations.
Great Place
Loma Linda - Administrative Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 13, 2017
Loma Linda was great to me, my department IPS was a family atmosphere, they always worked with me and my family priorities. I wish I didn't have to leave here, due to sickness.
Rehab (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 12, 2017
Terrible. They do not care about patient safety or supporting their current employees. The only benefit of working here are the flexible hours. I've been here a few years and have already seen a high turnover of employees.
Great place to learn
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 12, 2017
great place to gain experience and learn. Amazing Benefits. Great possibilities and opportunities. I personally wasn't happy with the favoritism and special treatment for certain individuals.
Fast work environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 11, 2017
We would walk into our secured location and have to be seated at our work station and ready to work at the time of clocking in. You learn to get along with everyone and be empathetic with everyone. Management Is good, most are considered friends. the hardest part of the job is being connected to your computer for 8 hours a day , with allotted time for bathroom breaks. Most enjoyable part of this job is the people near you become more than friends they become part of your family. The patients are nice and enjoyable most occasions
Terrible management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 7, 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. Unless you are adventist....Run. They only care about those who share their religious beliefs. Horrible company. Full of crooks and liars. Religious people are the worst.
Great Experience
Receptionist / Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 1, 2017
Working here was one of the best working experiences that i have ever had. I learned how to build pagers and how to work with technological equipment and learned from trained professionals.
New Facility and Frequent Administration Changes
Patient Access Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 30, 2017
No room for advancement without becoming an SDA, Administration changes frequently so policies change frequently, processes are not consistent , communication is lacking
Pros
Christ centered care
Great staff
Interim Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 28, 2017
As kitchen supervisor we have a great staff that all aways gives a 100 percent. For culture the team is always in high spirits. Management at the moment is great but management seems to change all the time. The hardest part of the job would be the call offs which would make other workers have to cover. And the best part of the job would be help patients feel better even if it is using hospital food.
Pros
cheaper lunch, cheaper tickets for fun events
Cons
No health care coverage, work you full time but under part time employment
Uplifting coworkers always willing to help you
Research Integrity Student worker (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 27, 2017
I worked in an office position. The work was a lot of data entry by myself and support through email, but my coworkers made the work a lot better. It was a great student position with flexible hours.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours
Cons
data entry sometimes felt tedious
Excellent culture and values
Intern Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 23, 2017
Benefits are great although the pay is not so competitive.....The benefits and culture will make you happy as well as contented working for Loma Linda University Medical Center. There is so much room for growth and advancement.......
Pros
Their benefits, culture, mission, diversity, room for growth and advancement
Cons
Their pay is not excellent and competition is tough....but great people!
Amazing place to work for. The spiritual environment is plus for me. The staff is very professional.
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 20, 2017
Great institution to work for. They strive for excellence and provide excellent services to both employees and patients. I would recommend Loma Linda University Medicine Center for anyone looking to work in a Christ centered environment.
Pros
Christ centered
Cons
The pay is very low
It was a great experience
EPIC Specialist Analyst - Intern (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 19, 2017
My time there was short only due to the internship was part of my program at school. I loved it and would definitely like to work there. The people and atmosphere were great and the drive to provide better healthcare was amazing.
Good Stepping stone, but your overworked a lot.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 14, 2017
Loma Linda is a great place to start. Not a fan, poor management. This place really needs to become union. Most are treated unfair, typically women. They expect one person to carry the weight of 3 employees.
Pros
Easy entry level jobs.
Cons
Managment is poor. Many people are overworked.Non union.
Awesome. Expensive.
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 13, 2017
Loved my time here. The SDA community is fantastic, friendly, healthy and very family friendly. We are very sad to have to be leaving the area this fall when school is over.
Pros
Healthy community, friday afternoons are free
Cons
No meat anywhere on campus, expensive
It is a great place to work but does not pay as much as other CA hospitals due to it being a religious non-profit Hospital.
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 13, 2017
I loved working for LLU Medical Center and Children's Hospital. The Managers, Supervisors and Directors all have a laid back mentality as far as supervision. There was very little micro-managing which makes for a happier work environment.
The pay is not the best but the benefits are great. They make up on a good work environment rather than a high pay scale. You get a very small raise every year. About 50 cents for Pharmacy Technicians. I did get another 3% raise other than the yearly, one time, due to the hospital giving certain department raises. I started at $18.02/hr and left at $19.35/hr after 2 years and 2 months of work.
Overall a great place to work. Loma Linda looks great on your resume as it is very well known with a great reputation.
Pros
Great work environment, very little micro-managing, always great job security
Cons
low pay, small raises
nice place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 7, 2017
I like working at Loma Linda Hospital. Every body is respectful and helpful. I was train by a young man that has work there for eleven years and he is happy.
Loma Linda
Food Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 7, 2017
A typical day at Loma Linda is Busy and non stop. I currently oversee 2 cafe's, a cafeteria, the main kitchen and a catering department. I am also in charge of administration aspects of the hospital such as purchasing, inventory, hiring process and invoicing.
Great working environment
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 6, 2017
A great place to work--fast paced, lots of trauma, CVA, STEMI, teaching facility. Excellent management--they staff appropriately--floats are common--so you have plenty of assistance when needed. They promote teamwork, positive working culture. Plus, they are building a new ER to open in 2020.
Pros
Ususally extra staff, positive work culture
Cons
older facility
Supportive staff
Home Health Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 6, 2017
The majority of the staff is great. Benefits are amazing for people who work full time. Part time benefits are pricey. Per diem employees can not get benefits. Per diem gets paid an average of $5 more than full time. If a per diem person switches to full time, their hourly rate decreases. Salary is not competitive and paper work can be overwhelming
Pros
nice people and good benefits for full time only
Cons
salary not competitive, paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loma Linda University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2