Loma Linda University Health

Loma Linda University Health Employee Reviews in United States

n/a
Diabetes Care Assistant / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 6, 2016
Great place to care for patients. DTC has a great potential but management and accountability is not present in management
genuine health care facility
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 1, 2016
Fast pace environment with all employee following the mission statement of providing quality healthcare. Providing care for those in need is an awarding feeling on a daily basis.
Good institution
Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 30, 2016
Good institution. Amazing benefits with health care, mental health services, free gym membership and discounts off cafeteria food and tickets for movies, events, amusement parks, etc.
Money always trumps employees
RN (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 5, 2016
Management doesn't listen at all. Unions trying to get in and may succeed due to frustration of most staff. Hundreds of staff leaving (mainly RN's) for better pay and more respect. Micromanagement is the administrations role of choice.
Pros
Employees work well together for the most part.
Cons
Money is much more important than staff, No encouragement for staff, Constantly changing rules and micromanagement.
Overal Great experiance
COOK/BAKER- ROOM SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 4, 2016
Loma Linda is a great place to work, the enviroment is directed to provide the highes quality healthcare experiance to anyone that comes to our doors. I do my best to provide the residnets with the best quality food by handaling product in an appropriate manner and with assuring i fallow all of the procedures in place.
Technology
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 3, 2016
40 hours per week
Great benefits - medical, dental, vision
Holistic hospital
IT department is cohesive
Need more flexibility with work hours/shifts
Learned so much working here
Telemetry Technician in ICU (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CA 92354May 8, 2016
gave me the opportunity to use the skills I have acquired over the past few years without having prior work experience and I'm grateful for that and the numerous great co workers I had
Fun and flexible, stable environment with less-than-market compensation
Computer Support Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 21, 2016
Culture: Though ostensibly an Adventist Health organization, which espouses clean living through the avoidance of/abstaining from alcohol, meat, caffeine, pepper, and a few other typical American food and drink choices. However, though these items are not available anywhere in the Loma Linda University Health (LLUH) organization, they are not prohibited from being brought onto campus from outside establishments. LLUH is, for the most part, a relaxed and casual work environment, though business formal dress is the standard.

Work/Life Balance: LLUH is extremely flexible with time off as long as your work does not suffer.

Compensation: They pay most employees a fair amount less than what many private and public organizations pay. For example, when I was hired, my starting pay was $4 per hour less than the job I had been laid off from two years prior. Only after three years (and a promotion) with the organization am I now making what I made in 2010.

Benefits: While they do provide paid time off at the market accrual rate (which increases roughly every five years), there are no paid holidays, so those hours can be quickly used up during the mandatory observance of federally-recognized holidays. LLUH offers its employees and their dependents medical, dental, and health insurance with lower-than-usual premiums, $20 co-pays, and $5 generic prescriptions through its own medical care facilities. They also offer free employee and dependent memberships to their state-of-the-art athletics facility and reduced fees at all cafeterias when "charging" food to your paycheck.

Job
  more... Security: Once hired, it is *extremely* difficult to be let go except in the uncommon cases of departmental restructurings and closing. There are multiple stories of employees that do not pull their respective weight being retained for years, probably due to their reluctance to go through the very lengthy process of hiring new staff.

Advancement: Due to the strong job security mentioned above, it can be quite easy to hit an advancement wall within any given department. However, there are usually a fair number of opportunities within other departments and/or other arms of the organization.

Management: LLUH's management is, for the most part, conscientious of both the organization's and its employees' needs. The organization's needs are, understandably, the first priority, however, it can sometimes be easy for some managers to neglect employees with the larger picture in mind.
Pros
Work/life balance, emphasis on overall health and wellness
Cons
Low pay, moderate advancement opportunities
A very peculiar place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 15, 2016
The LLU is an Adventist organization, so to work there you need to know some of the rules they want you to follow. The place is very nice, but you definitively need a car.
Productive and pleasant place to work
RN-NICU (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMarch 30, 2016
A daily workplace experience consisted of caring for neonates, which included continual assessment, medication administration, vital signs, lab draws, suctioning.
Fun to work with while learning
Teaching Assistant in Orthopedics team (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMarch 21, 2016
Friendly team with lot of knowledge in the relevant field
Attending practical lab with the professors and students which made it fun
Pros
Abundant knowledge
Cons
Great Mission to make man whole
Cardiology Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMarch 13, 2016
Loma Linda Va Healthcare facility is a progressive and busy teaching facility. Enjoyed working for the patient centered facility. Great pathology and quality learning..
Pros
Great teaching facility
Cons
Retirement
Comfortable work setting, you always felt welcomed even on a bad day.
BILLING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 5, 2016
A typical work day started at 7:30, I then opened all of our systems that would be needed for the day. After that I'd start in our EPIC MANAGEMENT system where we worked mainly in for the past few years, and begin working my designated accounts/alpha. Phone calls would follow I would contact our contracted commercial and work mans compensation insurances, check status on claims, payments, review any pending correspondence and any other duties asked. My co-workers have always been more like family, very close knit and unbelievably caring, and never failed at being there for each other professionally and personally. Our management team was always supportive and appreciative of staff. Dealing with disgruntle patients was never an easy task or the highlight of any employees day, although it was hard to deal with we did our best to leave our patients with a better outcome. The most rewarding part of the job was the gratitude our patients expressed when we were able to go above and beyond in assisting them whether it be setting up a payment plan, finding a lost check, or locating a program they qualified for to help with bill payment.
Pros
Free gym, discounted tickets for amusement parks, ride share benefits, monthly and quarterly bonuses, and great work hours.
Cons
Short breaks and sometimes stressful to hit monthly quota.
office and clinical affiliation records of students
Graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Typically my work consists of updating the students profile and the affiliation information as well their feedback onto the database. all the documents handled were highly confidential and was a position with huge responsibility. My mentor was very flexible in timing provided I would complete the work she had assigned. I also assisted her with SIM labs, Acute care labs and lectures for Doctor of Physical Therapy students. My co-workers were my classmates and colleagues associated with clinical affiliations and records. I enjoyed working with my mentor. She is really humble, supportive and appreciative of all my work. I loved working for the practical with the students. Being an international student it was wonderful learning experience.
Pros
Flexiblility, supportive
Goal oriented workplace
Children's Hospital Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAFebruary 18, 2016
This company lives its mission and vision on a daily basis. It was a pleasure working for them.My supervisor was a great leader and I learned a lot from her.
Great Benefits, Horrible Management
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Been working on the University side for four years now. Although the pay is great and the benefits are superb, Mid-management is extremely flawed. There are (least in my area) some people who are only in their position because they are an active member of the church. Yes, I am aware that this is a private institution with preferential treatment to those of the church, but that does not mean you know how to run a company. My advice, keep your personal beliefs and home life to yourself. If you don't attend the SDA church or even have extreme conservative beliefs, you won't fit in well. Other than that, it's a great institution to be a part of.
Pros
Pay, Full medical benefits
Cons
Bad Mid-management.
Produtive
Laboratory Aide (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work was long but good. i learned how to work in a medical environment. Management was great. loved my coworkers. Hardest part about the job was working with lazy people. Most enjoyable part was taking care of the patients needs.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
vegaterian food
Daily duties at Loma Linda University
Assistant Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Daily responsibility during my shift were assigning job duties, responded to any special needs that any department needed such as over flowing toilets, floods, and setting up graduation. Reviewed daily time and attendance and made corrections as needed.
Ensured assignments were being completed. Daily and or weekly meetings with department management to review and address any complaints or concerns.
Pros
Friendly atomsphere and good management
Cons
Ended employment after dedicated years of service
Great learning and collaborative environment to work in!
research technician (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Many of the teams and labs were great to work with and collaborate with. There was a constant learning and cooperative atmosphere. The SDA community is a big part of the institution. Hours are good and everyone is motivated and pleasant to work with. There is not a lot of room for career advancement unless you are taking classes. Raises and bonuses are minimal. Job is focused on passion for research.
Pros
great healthcare benefits
Cons
little growth in positions
Holistic and Nurturing environment
project specialist (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Loma Linda cultivates a nurturing work environment. You will not be overworked, unless you have bad managers. Employee health and wellness is a top priority.

4.2