Loma Linda University Medical Center

Loma Linda University Medical Center Employer Reviews

It was a good program for cardiac sonography
Cardiac Sonography Student Rotation (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAFebruary 4, 2015
The cardiac sonography program taught me a new skill which I am very passionate about. I learned how to do a full echocardiogram exam with patients across all age groups with varying difficulty. This was a student rotation and I was not employed. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing quality exams. Being able to put my new skill to use made be feel like I accomplished something important. I am able to work closely with cardiologists in discussing a patient's exam including any pathologies.
Making Man Whole
Operator Service Specialist III (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: gym benefits
Cons: night shift hours
Excellent Institution to work for, great benefits with a lot of opportunities to grow and help with local community. Providing the healing service of Jesus Christ, Operator service department is great for upcoming students and those who want to learn more about a hospital setting
Review...
Scheduler (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: challenged management within selective departments
A very spiritual place where many of the staff are compassionate for others and well balanced with work, home and healthy living. It is a wonderfully blessed place to work. Although some departments are not as patient oriented as others, there are those whom do practice living whole with integrity and empathy towards one another.
Very stressful workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: low pay
Very stressful workplace, low morale among co-workers. Very hard to advance unless friend or relative to supervisors. Advancement positions are not based on merit or education. It seems like highly educated and highly skilled workers are feared and constantly degraded. However not all departments within Loma Linda are alike. Some departments have completely different values and have high regards for their employees. I think Loma Linda as a whole should keep better taps on some department heads and really investigate how they are promoting within. I have personally witnessed employees who are crude and rude to patients being promoted only because of the relationship they have with the supervisor. I believe this is why a lot of patients are now complaining about their treatment and dissatisfied.
TA job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), UniversityJanuary 16, 2015
This school is a slow moving environment, so they give you document and salary quite slow. I got my payment 3 months later.
a good place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CADecember 18, 2014
It is rewarding to work in a hospital that is known for being one of the top hospitals in the nation. Working in a level 1 trauma center has given me the opportunity to gain some experience in treating patients with life threatening injurys and illnesses. It is also nice to work for a management team that are sensitive about your concerns, The medical staff members are very team oriented which makes for a smooth and effective completion of the tasks at hand.
Good work environment. Positive work mates with a view to education.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Murrieta, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: pace
Positive, fast paced work environment. Lots of team work required. Fast paced patient turnaround. Rewarding job.
Loma Linda was a great place to work
HIM (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CANovember 16, 2014
I was happy to go to work, and I enjoyed the environment that encouraged team work.
It's Like working for Family
Residency Coordinator (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great company/ excellent coworkers
Cons: no room for growth in current position, not challenging
Working here is great, but other than two or three key points in the year, my office is pretty slow. I need more of a challenge personally, I like a fast paced environment to thrive.
Its a Start
LVN Nurse (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: set your own schedule
Cons: no benefits
No benefits, pay could even be better. The only great thing about this is that they do take new grads and you must work at least 3 shifts per week. Pending on your patient and the shift you cover will determine how much work you will need to do in providing care. You may find yourself driving a good distance to your duty location and you will not be paid milage. Managers are okay, they are quick to respond to your questions.
A place to call home
Clinical Nurse C, Pediatric Hematology (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAOctober 7, 2014
I loved working at Loma Linda University Medical Center. It is a great place to work, connect and build a career. While I was there I felt like I was there with family.
Good place to work for 19 years but no advancement and the raise is only a couple of cents
Records Technician (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: too much politics and favortism
Would recommend to anybody to get experience but would not recommend to work until retirement
Very good place to work
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: meeting "termanally ill children and following their zest for life.
Very rewarding job. Seeing the children that are "termanally ill" and their determanation to live.
Fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Enjoyable work environment. I've learn how to stay healthy and fit.
Very productive and Very rewarding
Food service worker (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
My days at Loma Linda University consisted of the following, food handling/prep, food tray delivery, and catering.
challenging and rewarding
Liver Transplant Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CaliforniaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: potlucks
Cons: micromangement
Reviewing patient's insurance benefits.
All insurance plans are different, continous learning process.
Management is very support of my decisions
My co-workers are team players and helpful
The hardest part of my job is having to deny the patient's a liver transplant
The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my patient's underwent a liver transplant & doing well
Great place
Biller (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 5, 2014
This is a great company to work for. The management and co-workers where great to work with. I would recommend this company to any one.
nice environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible working time
the best boss i ever had. Nice coworkers. Good leadership and environment. Learned how to deal with difficult situations, how to work as a team and being undependable. To trust and give my best. To respect privacy of patients and treat others with respect.
Christian environment, excellence, educational.
Registered diet technician (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: christian
Potential for growth, educational, patient friendly, patient advocate, one to one with patients, friendly coworkers.
It is an upbuilding environment
Alumni Relations Admin Asst, Sr./Event Planner (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
The company concentrates the whole individual; on building employees physically, mentally, and spiritually. Employees are encouraged to maintain healthy lifestyles and are provided with the tools to do so.

1 2 3 4 5

About Loma Linda University Medical Center

As a teaching research hospital, Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) knows the lay of the health care landscape in California's – Read more