Loma Linda University Medical Center

Loma Linda University Medical Center Employer Reviews

Fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Enjoyable work environment. I've learn how to stay healthy and fit.
Very productive and Very rewarding
Food service worker (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
My days at Loma Linda University consisted of the following, food handling/prep, food tray delivery, and catering.
challenging and rewarding
Liver Transplant Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CaliforniaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: potlucks
Cons: micromangement
Reviewing patient's insurance benefits.
All insurance plans are different, continous learning process.
Management is very support of my decisions
My co-workers are team players and helpful
The hardest part of my job is having to deny the patient's a liver transplant
The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my patient's underwent a liver transplant – more... & doing well – less
Great place
Biller (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 5, 2014
This is a great company to work for. The management and co-workers where great to work with. I would recommend this company to any one.
nice environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible working time
the best boss i ever had. Nice coworkers. Good leadership and environment. Learned how to deal with difficult situations, how to work as a team and being undependable. To trust and give my best. To respect privacy of patients and treat others with respect.
Christian environment, excellence, educational.
Registered diet technician (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: christian
Potential for growth, educational, patient friendly, patient advocate, one to one with patients, friendly coworkers.
It is an upbuilding environment
Alumni Relations Admin Asst, Sr./Event Planner (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
The company concentrates the whole individual; on building employees physically, mentally, and spiritually. Employees are encouraged to maintain healthy lifestyles and are provided with the tools to do so.
Face paced environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CAJuly 17, 2014
Employees of LLUH are an amazing group of highly spiritual people who embrace the values, mission and culture of the institution.
Productive and fun workplace for all employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAJuly 16, 2014
Productive and fun workplace for all employees. Great Management team!
Great Place to Work
Desktop Technician (Former Employee), Loma Linda, Ca.July 14, 2014
Pros: busy environment, no two days were the same.
Friendly environment, great people, was a great place to learn as well as to teach other.
Nice work day
Sr Admin Assist to Associate Director (Former Employee), Loma LindaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free workshops and lectures
Cons: lay offs
• Processed IRB, IACUC, and CIRI forms for the department.
• Reconciled, tracked, and fulfilled credentialing requirements of physicians.
• Researched companies including 10-K and 4-Q reports for the executive meetings.
• Trained associates and provided backup with strong communication and organization.
Wonderful experience
Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Neurosurgery (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: ability to collaborate with so many disciplines
Typical day: Render all aspects of care for the pediatric neurosurgical patient

Learned: How to be thorough and methodical

Management:

Co-workers:

Hardest part:

Most enjoyable part:
My Experience
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
Loma Linda Medical Center is a great environment to work. A typical day at work would be setting up trays for surgery and making sure all instrument were clean and sterilized properly. Making sure all documents were up to date. Also, maintaining a clean enviroment. The employees are great to work with.
Security Department ONLY
Security Officer (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAMay 31, 2014
Pros: interactions with medical personnel, doctors, nurses, etc.
Cons: security department administration & field supervisors
Extremely poor management. Current Director dislikes all former law enforcement applicants because of their knowledge of current regulations prohibiting many of the tasks requested by staff and administration.

Often requested to hold people against their will (CA PC 236) without a legitimate or legal hold (W&I 5150) signed or pending.

Select supervisors – more... have trained attack K-9's with them which are classified by the State of California as lethal weapons. This department is not licensed to carry batons, let alone lethal weapons such as trained attack dogs.

I have witnessed in excess of 500 violations of state laws and/or state licensing during my time at Loma Linda University Security. Violations occur on a daily basis. Administration is aware they are not in compliance with current licensing requirements, yet continue to violate these regulations without consequence.

This could be a good place to work if they replaced current administration with qualified personnel. They need to adhere to California laws and licensing regulations. Eventually someone will file a criminal complaint against the false imprisonment violations, crumbling the administration and most likely disbanding the department for it's actions. A outside contractor will likely take over the security services for the campus and medical center. – less
Family like atmospshere
RN C (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: hours were beneficial for a healthy family life.
Cons: i would work here again, but the hoursavailable, were not conducive to my schedule.
I enjoyed working with my team. Everyone was very communicative and helped each other.
Innovating Excellence
Lead House Supervisor/Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: faith based organization, not-for-profit
Cons: census demand high, not enough beds to meet community needs
Having an opportunity to open a new community hospital was a great experience. Working with teams from different facilities allowed for creative and diversified teamwork and innovation to build an organization from the ground up.

Although the facility is new to the community, the size (bed availability) was small compared to the community demand. The – more... daily challenge for this healthcare organization has been throughput while maintaining quality high standard healthcare.

Difficulty in this job has been working with operational influx in budget restraints. Downsizing presents challenges and creativity in maintaining standards of care while supporting job excellence and morale within the organization.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been working with an amazing group of healthcare workers and team building to ensure we are meeting individual and community standards. – less
Productive patient care and team work.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: constantly learning about patient care and safety.
Cons: limited on the nursing cares at this facility.
Assisting the Nursing staff with admissions, discharges and translating. Collect food trays, interacting with patients, visitors, and family members of patients. Always assuring that our patients are turned every two hours and that patient skin stays clean and dry. Very attentive to patients needs, requests and concerns. Keep constant communication – more... with the bedside nurses regarding patients vital signs, weights, intake, output, skin assessment during baths and patients change in status. Kept constant skin management for those patients that were unable to provide self cares and preventing pressure ulcers. Provide teamwork with transferring, ambulating and keep a constant attentive watch for patient safety.
Assisting the Physicians, nurses and patient care staff with treatments and procedures. Provide Sitter cares for patients that require extra care to ensure safety and comfort. Assist bedside nurses with teamwork for patients with restraints and that may require extra communication to reassess patients that need it.
Frequent in-service and corporate compliance training to constantly learn and grow.
Provide comfort measures, and palliative care was one of the hardest learning experiences although unfortunately happened more than often.
Learning through assisting patients with rehabilitation and patient care was always rewarding to see our patients being discharged with a smile on their face knowing as a CNA that the patient had improved in their healthcare quality. – less
I had a good experience doing the years.
Technician (Former Employee), Loma Linda, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: it was never free lunch, but i did not expected...i was a hard working emlpyee.
Cons: when i hurt myself in the job, and came back to work, the management was hard on me. did not want to expect my limitation, so had no other way that live.
I was happy with my job, learned and worked every area in this large department. It was a good team in the pm. shift.
working there
fsw- expeditor (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I love working there at loma linda just that I want to see what other opportunities are available for me
Faith Based company with room for growth
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: appreciate employees
Cons: large sites, hard to navigate
My days at LLU consisted of check-in with patients. It was customer service based and I gained lots of strong relationships with my patients and co-workers. This company is faith based and is very strong rooted in this. They appreciate their employees by vocalizing it and showing it with company events that are catered and gifts given. The hardest part – more... of the job for me was the commute as I lived 2 hours away as well as the lack of challenge. I pride myself on being very customer service oriented and this position allowed me to show off that skill. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Loma Linda University Medical Center

As a teaching research hospital, Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) knows the lay of the health care landscape in California's – Read more