London Borough of Hillingdon Employee Reviews

Best work place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  LondonJanuary 24, 2017
Lovely team. Great training benefits. Day to day job was varied and rewarding. Dealing with a lots of different disabilities. A place where you can have fun!
Pros
Good hours. Good annual leave and lieu time benefits
Cons
Higher management would do a lot of tick box exercises
Good employers
Street Cleansing (Current Employee) –  Hillingdon BoroughAugust 28, 2016
Exciting work, outdoor & rewarding. Friendly people ,good hours if any down side non contractual ( Not permanent ).

I've learnt how to work as part of a team & enjoy getting good feed back from the public on the jobs that myself & team have achieved.
Pros
excellent hours
Ok
Deputy Supervisor - Tech Admin (Current Employee) –  HillingdonMay 7, 2016
OK to work for, lots of re structuring going on, reducing chances of progression. However, lots of nice and talented work here.
Social worker
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Hillingdon, ENGJanuary 14, 2016
I enjoy my work with older adults.
I have a very good team and management support
My manager is flexible when I need support
Pros
I am very happy and committed to my work at LBH
Cons
flexibility and staff
great team
Gas Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ENGJanuary 7, 2016
I worked with a great team in housing and environment
LBH was a very diverse and very large government organisation and very different from by previous council at Three Rivers DC.
Fun place to work.
residential support worker (Former Employee) –  London, ENGNovember 19, 2015
I really enjoyed working for London Borough of Hounslow.
This is where I started my first job ever and I was given every opportunity de learn and develop the skills needed to succeed in my field.
Pros
opportunity de develop self confidence and skills
Cons
too close to my house
Local Authority with supportive management
Corporate Debt Officer (Current Employee) –  Hillingdon, ENGOctober 10, 2015
The local authority‘s priority is ‘Putting our residents first’ and with one of the highest levels of resident satisfaction in London, this could not be done without the contribution of all its staff. We have a strong political leadership and everyone is encouraged to share ideas and put forward their suggestions for improving our services.
Nice place to work
Revenues Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Good work ethic and training provided and received. Helpful and kind colleagues throughout the entire building
Pros
Discounts in multiple food chains e.g. Subway
Cons
N/A
Challenging and productive workplace
PA to Service Manager, Adult Social Care (Current Employee) –  Hillingdon, ENGSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day would involve answering email/telephone queries, diary management, booking meetings, typing letters, reports.

I have learnt new IT systems, databases. I have also worked in different departments so have learnt how they work and what they do.

The hardest part of my job is hearing some of the cases re: young children or older people, but the enjoyable part is when something has been put in place and has worked. Also we receive thank you letters which makes it worthwhile.

I am part of an admin team so we all pitch in together where and when necessary.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Friendly and diverse workforce
Team Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, ENGJuly 16, 2015
Fair employer with good spport to staff and residents.
A busy work environment but friendly and warm atmosphere.
A huge organisation, sometimes with too much red tape, but that is expected when it has a large workforce.
Pros
Free parking and flexible working hours
On-going organisational restructuring, hence environment full of uncertainty
Asbestos Manager to Water Hygiene Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, ENGJuly 2, 2015
Days very varied in terms of job content and pressure. Colleagues were fun to work with. Management was a bit distanced from operatives perhaps due to strict targets assigned to them. The hardest part of the job was to get every premises manage to strictly observe the health and safety compliance requirement.
Pros
Payment of annual professional subscriptions fees
Cons
low staff morale due to on-going organisational re-structuring
nice job and good hours
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, ENGMarch 8, 2015
I enjoyed my job as a cleaner in a school, but felt I was not appreciated for the extra effort I put in, often staying 15 minutes longer to make sure the job was finished.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
hard work, not appreciated by managment
Admin Assistant
Technical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hillingdon, ENGFebruary 27, 2015
 Dealing with amending and inputting suspensions on packages of care (day centres and home care)
 Updating Panel decisions from the Continuing Care Assessments Results and letters to update and notify the workers of the outcome of the assessment (FNC = full funded for nursing care and CHC = full funded for Continuing Heath Care)
 Support the team by updating their signing in sheets, assisting with protocol queries, booking rooms for meetings, answering internal calls and transferring to relevant person, passing Oyster cards to relevant workers to use for their visits and to update them on spreadsheet
 Closing deceased clients on protocol. ending package of care, arranging for equipment to be collected
 Completing Quality Assurance documents on protocol ensuring they are being indexed into client's correct file
 When receiving equipment request from the hospitals to ensure that the equipment is being ordered for service users
 Using the ECM system to check for last calls of when carers last went in, and to print out reports for workers and also to check times and days of attendances
 Updating Panels Decision for the Disability Team after the Panel meeting consideration all decisions to go on protocol and sending them to various workers to notify them the outcome of the decisions and also out of panel decisions (e.g.: College, homecare has been agreed for service users to attend. (also updating spreadsheets)
 Inputting sections 2 and 5's for admissions and discharges from the hospital on protocol sending them to various of teams to ensure they are being notified
  more... of when they are due to discharge and to set up packages for services users.
 Also uploading OT reports documents received from the hospitals on service users file and sending them to the correct team to arrange for services that are required
 Ensuring protocol client's records are all up to date e.g.: Addresses, telephone numbers, next of kin details.

I enjoy working in a team and helping others with their work.
I am always busy and is proactive with my role.
I enjoy being a team player.
I have learnt lots from various of task I have been involved in.
Supportive environment.
Learning Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hillingdon, ENGJanuary 15, 2015
A good place to work with supportive co-workers. Training available if needed. Variable work and challenging Learners. Every day is different. The Learners make the job worth doing well and is very rewarding.
Pros
Work alone but support is there from co-workers.
Cons
No travel expenses paid.
Professional and Regulated
Revenue Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, ENGJanuary 2, 2015
When I worked at LBH, it was important to administer a very high standard of administration work. The opportunities are always forthcoming for training in any department. I enjoyed my time whilst I was employed here for 9 years and welcomed the opportunity to received training in the role of a Revenues Administration Officer, Housing Benefits. I could not have given 100% without this knowledge and understanding of how the benefits system works.
Pros
Excellent Holiday package
Cons
Hard Work and Flexibility
Great environment but awful pay for what we actually do - over and above what we are 'supposed' to do.
Sessional Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ENGOctober 17, 2014
2.5 paid hours per session ( 4 + unpaid hours per session) so in real terms the job is not at all well paid if you are as committed as I am to providing the best for your Learners (hence the unpaid hours). A typical day starts with preparing a classroom, setting out activities and then delivering a well-structured lesson to a range of abilities and learning styles. Through this, I've learned what diversity really is (not just the official PC line) and I've learned how much I admire the people I teach - for their commitment to improving their lives despite their often challenging circumstances.
The hardest part of the job is staying up till 1am producing resources that satisfy me and are uniquely tailored to my Learners' needs (photocopying textbooks is the easy way out, but is never more than adequate if you want to achieve the best outcomes for your Learners). The most enjoyable part of the job is when a learning moment takes hold and you know that your Learner has progressed in his/her learning journey. My co-workers are all in the same boat as me, we try to support each other as best we can but the mountains of paperwork get us all down.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Long, unpaid hours
De motivating talking to complainers all day
Last job was Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ENGOctober 14, 2014
The people were lovely here but it was depressing talking to complainers all day. It was often very busy and targets were made harder. The wrap up time was reduced so it was difficult to accurately record the call on the system before the next call came through. If your call length was too long you could be corrected on this. I would have thought it was better to spend longer on the call to resolve it rather than focus on getting through the call quicker

The training was good but we were constantly trained on new departments so we were multi skilled to take a wide variety of topics,
It was sometimes difficult to keep up with emails about changes.
Pros
Central location, lovely team to work with.
Cons
Increase of the workload and tighter targets. Pressure
very interesting to work for
Registered Childminder (Former Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 11, 2014
working through Hillingdon social services, thoroughly enjoyed this job, great support from the social services team.
Pros
very helpful staff
Cons
productive workforce, with targets mostly met
Team Manager - Homelessness Assessment (Former Employee) –  West LondonJune 6, 2014
Working win public sector like Hillingdon LBC has been fun. I have been able to acquired transferable skills and work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external.

The most challenging bit is the bureaucracy in public sector where there are lengthy processes for approvals and so many meetings to attend.

Most enjoyable part has been the people I work with, especially the staff I line manged. they have always been very supportive.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Public Sector Bureaucracy
recreation assistant (Former Employee) –  EnglandFebruary 12, 2014
Building a strong rapport with all customers
Strong emphasis in communicating with a team whilst on the poolside
Assisting the management team when required
Using my initiative to complete daily checks and audits especially in relation to health and safety, which helped me provide a good level of service to our clients.
Working under pressure to ensure the safety of all pool and centre users.
Assisting with the initial setup of new build leisure centre including aiding with the mentoring of new casual staff.
Administration tasks including filing, completing telephone calls, data entry and booking appointments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Borough of Hillingdon. Our community is ready to answer.