Lone Star Circle of Care Employee Reviews

A place that cares
Front Desk Admissions (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TexasApril 13, 2015
Show up early and assure that the office is ready for the day, ensure that there aren't and new faxes that need to go out or that need to be processed for medicinal refills or request for medical records. Check in patients as they come in, ensure that their demographic information is up to date, and lastly make sure that the copay's are collected if necessary. Through out the day there are various faxes hat will come in that require immediate attention that range from medicinal request, referrals, and medical records request that need to be processed. Properly documentation of any request must be entered in the system. Verifying insurances and copay's proactively in advance through out the month. Receiving and taking phone calls about issues with or making new or rescheduling appt's.

My co worker was definitely the ying to my yang, we complimented each other extremely well.

I learned about proper procedures and he importance of discretion and privacy when it comes to peoples personal information. As well as the need for medical assistance in the US. Working for this non profit was a real eye opener when it came to this nations poverty level.

The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly helping people. I worked in the Behavioral Health Clinic, so it was most gratifying for me to see the improvement that a patient would make as they continuously came in for heir appts. Watching someone grow secure within themselves after seeing how lost they were in the beginning made me happy because i knew we were helping as an organization.
Pros
No copays for health visits
Cons
No advancement opportunities
A&M employee review
Family Medicine Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock,TX 78664October 10, 2014
My experience at Lone Star has provided me with a knowledge of medicine I would have not received at many other facilities. Together as a team, my co-workers and I would make it through each day together assisting each other with each provider. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the patients whose lives and health we actually improved. When a patients health goals were achieved, being apart of that health care goal with them was most rewarding. The struggle through every day was always dealing with frustrated patients due to waiting times to see the doctor. I have developed the ability to show compassion for those who are unable to spend that much time waiting at a doctors and explaining why wait times are as long as they were. My coworkers - the medical assistants- managed mostly everything in our clinic. I specifically ordered all clinical supplies needed. I assisted the nurses in medication management. As well as basic cleanliness, stocking rooms, checking expiration dates, and running daily controls. My overall experience with Lone Star was a true learning period for me. The one thing that always got me was there is no room for advancement within a clinic.
Pros
compensation
Cons
short breaks/ no breaks/ understaffing
Great place but not what I expected
Traveling CCMA (Former Employee) –  killeen/Harker heightsFebruary 9, 2015
I loved working at LSCC for the time I was there. I was set this was my forever job and I would grow with the company. The first week I got my babies sick and I was told it was expected and it happened to everyone and not to worry. I'm a single parent so I have no backup plan when my children get sick. Again, I was told that it would be okay. I was told I was hired for one spot but was juggled around two locations sometimes I wouldn't know till the morning of by text or I would have to reach out to management because she would fail to text me. On my 45 day review I expressed my love for the company; however, I was not happy that I still had no "home". I explained the juggling and the day of texts to HR. Soon after I was told I was going to be let go. I believe my complaint was the factor of my termination even though they used my children's sicknesses that caused me to miss work as it. I loved the mission, the patients were awesome. The staff was awesome to an extent. The providers were great too. It's an awesome company ONLY if you do NOT have children or married. Or if your management or have tenure bc I seen them come and go with no issue.
Pros
great pay, awesome clients/patients
Cons
unstable, hierarchy is crooked, they don't work with your home life
High-enery, Customer Service extensive experience for over 25 years
Bilingual Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXSeptember 7, 2014
My hours are from 7am-4pm mon-friday.

working with Lone Star i have learn about the importance of people calling and seeking for medical help with out any insurance and cannot apply for the Obama care, due to low income. And the hardest part when an new adult patient calling in a doctor's appointment and no available to fill in.

The enjoying part of the job is i get to talk to these patient and find out about there life history and when they are getting there health better and thanking me for the and all I did is to set up their doctor's appointments.

I work well with my co-workers, enjoying have lunch time and hearing their life stories.

I manage to keep my extensive customer service identify and obtain medical authorization and programs.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Fun working for lonestar clinic
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me is getting up in the morning and coming to work. I like to get everything prepared in the morning such as paper work and scanning papers electronically into the computer so we can have that part done in the morning. I have learned to work fast pace in the office since we have picked up on patients the only difficult thing that would be hardest is communicating in spanish most of are patients are billingual which is cool because my great team members are taking there time out which I appreciate but they are teaching me with my spanish skills to teach me the basics. The part i enjoy most is helping are patients out and making the ill children laugh while they are waiting to be seen.
Pros
long lunches, mon-friday job, cool employees as well for management
Cons
n/a no cons
A good starting place; good introduction to ambulatory care enviornment
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 10, 2013
A typical day is following your job description and balancing anything else that comes your way.

To be successful at Lone Star Circle of Care one must have a balance of task, and people orientated skills.

I have learned that there is alot to learn and most of the time one needs to take the initiative to learn more.

There is a rapport that needs to be maintaned with employees as well as with your team members.

The hardest part of the job is not having enough time in the day.

The enjoyable part of the job is seeing sick people get well, and helping employees stay motivated and enjoying what they do.
Pros
meeting are catered
Cons
working through the breaks
Unpofessional
former customer service employee (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 8, 2014
This company is top heavy and being ran into the ground by greedy upper management.
The so called patient navigation center is a joke and frustrates patients trying to make an appointment and other medical facilities trying to reach physicians.
They have managers that don't have a clue or the education to be in a management position. They have no clue how to service patients and refuse to change. The Mission has been lost and it's a shame because this is not what the founders intended when they started this clinic.
Pros
benefits, pto
Cons
the buddy system prevents promotion to those that deserve it over friends of management.
productive and laid back, fun place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 19, 2013
A typical day includes answering the phone and transferring people to the correct site, answering company emails, setting up conference room and stocking it, sorting the mail, scanning in checks for the Finance department, attaching files. My co-workers are very friendly. For my birthday, they surprise me with a birthday cake. The hardest part about my job is the drive. I live in Fort Hood and my job is in Georgetown. The management team is awesome.
Pros
hour lunch break, great vacation time, benefits
Cons
the hour drive
Meaningful work with great people!
Finance Dept (Current Employee) –  GeorgetownSeptember 27, 2013
My whole experience with LSCC has been impressive starting with the interview process. Very organized and timely. Generous salary and good benefits although they are not as robust in some areas (i.e. no FSA but starts with very generous vacation!).

People here are passionate about our mission and it's evident that everyone knows that the company values each of our roles -not just certain ones. Very team focused, dynamic leadership, and growth potential!
Pros
work environment, leadership, advancement, mission
Cons
benefits could be more robust
Not very accommodating to family emergencies
Front Desk Administrative/Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 4, 2015
I enjoyed working for Lone Star Circle of Care and how they helped assist non insured patients to obtain government programs or low cost medical assistance. The only thing i was disappointed in was that they are not accommodating when you have a medical emergency, when sick, or with scheduling. They overlook your qualities as a hardworking employee.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
not accommodating to medical emergencies or when you are sick
Love the overall care for patient
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2014
Very busy days, learned to work well with other co-workers, learned to communicate effectively to patients. Worked well with supervisors and co workers. Trying to catch up with the daily work load, after being given a different workload that needed assistance. Patients are my favorite part of my job, and helping them apply for programs found eligible for.
Pros
patients
Cons
advancment in the company, job security
The atmosphere at work was great, the doctors are outstanding but corporate office itself is horrible.
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TexasOctober 11, 2013
Working at for this company was fun, everyone got alone. The providers were easy to work with. I do not agree however how they make their decisions about letting people go. Approaching an employee with a box and giving them only 5 minutes to clear their desk before escorting them out is not a way to tell them they no longer have a job.
Lone Star typical day
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 25, 2014
My typical work day at Lonestar Circle of Care was extremely busy. My Doctor and I saw 12 or more patients a day, Our hours were from 8 a.m to 6 p.m.
On a regular day we did Extractions, Fillings, Sealants, Post Op, Dental Deliveries, Root canals, and we also saw Emergency patients in between or if there was a 15 minute slot available. I work very well with other adults and with children as well, and I am extremely persistent.
Innovative Healthcare Industry company.
Database Architect / Business Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2014
If you are a self-starter and proficient in your field you will be allowed great leeway and control over your production. Management tends towards aggressive delivery dates and must be managed by the development team. Project management was light in the beginning, but is now seen as a valuable resource.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
aggressive delivery dates
I wouldn’t refer my worst enemy
Pediatric Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 14, 2014
This has to be the worst company I have ever worked for. LSCC only cares about opening new clinics and not improving the ones they already have. My clinic worked short staffed so often employees were getting sick from exhaustion and were berated for not doing more.
Pros
3 weeks pto at hire
Cons
inadequate staffing
Management has lost it's mission and no longer cares about providers
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Terrible place to work! They overwork their providers to the point of burnout and then wonder why no one wants to work here.

Management very top heavy and no commitment to employees or their work.
Pros
pay
Cons
benefits too expensive, no support to providers
Limited opportunity for advancement
Confidential (Former Employee) –  AustinApril 10, 2014
High turnover in providers. Emphasis is placed more on growth versus providing good care. I would not recommend this company to any professional who wishes to be a valued team member.
Pros
pto, providing care to the underserved population
Cons
the company is loosing it's mission.
2 week program extern billing specialist
Billing Externship for Virginia College of Austin (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pleasant atmosphere, enjoyable people, and a good place to enhance your skills as a Medical Billing Specialist.
Pros
billing experience
Cons
i did not get to work there long enough to know everyone.
Great teamwork within our individual clinic
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXMay 28, 2013
Overall a great experience. Lone Star was a large organization but the individual clinic was a great atmosphere to work in.
Pros
excellent health insurance premiums
Cons
company is too large and can't handle it
Fun workplace with excellent physician
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TexasJuly 9, 2015
A wonderful place to gain experience in the medical field of ob/gyn. Hands on experience with patients. Learned how to give injections and analyze urine specimens.