Lone Star Circle of Care Employee Reviews

Productive fun working environment
Pediatrics - Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 4, 2017
Long days at work, providers were cool people but were really needy. My managers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with what the providers wanted. The best part was working with the kids and seeing how well they did and how they were growing.
Busy clinics!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2017
Poor management and overworked employees. Management does not care about employees. They expect too much from you but do not pay well. Absolutely no communication and no team work.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Management, low pay, too much work and lack of communication.
Horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 21, 2017
LSCC has a great mission for patients. When it comes to employees not so well. Yes you do get GREAT insurance benefits and PTO, but the week load is stressful. Its even more stressful when you don't have any support from your managers. If you ask for help they basically respond figure it out on your own and let me know what you find out. Really!! They offer AIDET courses for better customer service and to have a better interaction with employees. Do managers follow that process? NO! Managers in the department were I worked in where rude, didn't say good morning and will always respond in an ugly matter. When ppl would put in their 2 week notice they would get the silent treatment from managers.
Pros
Great insurance benefits, great pto
Cons
Management is horrible
Friendly and enjoyable place to work for!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 8, 2017
Lone Star Circle of care gave me the opportunity to learned and get a lot of experience on different department like pediatric, family practice, and my favorite OBGYN. The providers and the front desk personnel are amazing; we had a wonderful team.
Great Staff
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 30, 2017
I enjoy working here, but the schedule is really hard for me and my family. I am flexible and always willing to adapt to change. I like the environment that LSCC provides.
Pros
Great staff and overall facility
Cons
Schedule is not working for me and my family
serves a great need in the community
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 1, 2017
Very busy clinic with 'high maintenance' patients...many people had little to no routine care.
Staff pleasant although stressful environment could easily affect some people...
Pros
clean facilities...
Cons
sometimes difficult to get a 'real' lunch break!
Excellent management.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMarch 5, 2017
Company has a lot of perks. Good pay and excellent benefits. Provides employees with extra days off over and above average.
Very organized business office with very supportive and knowledgeable management.
Behavorial health Department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2016
My day was to check in patients for their appointment for behavioral health or clinic take payments, reschedule appointments, work on their medication refills with insurance companies and pharmacy,
worked closely with providers if a issue would occur with behavioral issue that would arise.
Great opportunities for advancement
LVN Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 7, 2016
Good company to work for,great benefits and opportunities. Overall management is friendly and supportive, great schedules to manage work-home life.
Awesome place to work for.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2016
Honestly was the best job I ever had. I learned and saw a lot of good awesome things here. Staff was so nice and helpful when I was the new employee there. Providers were so nice and patient with new employees. Management could've been better and so could've HR. Felt very discriminated & treated wrong by HR and Mngr.
Pros
3 months of training which is awesome for new people in the OBGyn field or medical field I general
Cons
RNs and Lvns were very rude & judgmental . Their head HR was very cold hearted and rude
Skilled at Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Working as a front desk rep for Lone Star Circle of Care I scheduled appointments for sick visits for pediatrics and behavioral health services, triage over the phone, scanning documents and verifying insurances.
The most enjoyable part of working for this company was meeting new peers and working with infants.
Its an Experience
Admissions (Former Employee) –  round rock, texasJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work could be as smooth as a nice breeze or as choppy as the roughest sailing waters. Depending on the providers that we had that day and the clientele that walked through the doors.
Fun workplace with excellent physician
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TexasJuly 9, 2015
A wonderful place to gain experience in the medical field of ob/gyn. Hands on experience with patients. Learned how to give injections and analyze urine specimens.
busy place
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TxJuly 9, 2015
Fast paced work environment, must be able to multi-task, be a self starter, and willing to work in any capacity. Many locations to choose from, great benefits.
A place that cares
Front Desk Admissions (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TexasApril 13, 2015
Show up early and assure that the office is ready for the day, ensure that there aren't and new faxes that need to go out or that need to be processed for medicinal refills or request for medical records. Check in patients as they come in, ensure that their demographic information is up to date, and lastly make sure that the copay's are collected if necessary. Through out the day there are various faxes hat will come in that require immediate attention that range from medicinal request, referrals, and medical records request that need to be processed. Properly documentation of any request must be entered in the system. Verifying insurances and copay's proactively in advance through out the month. Receiving and taking phone calls about issues with or making new or rescheduling appt's.

My co worker was definitely the ying to my yang, we complimented each other extremely well.

I learned about proper procedures and he importance of discretion and privacy when it comes to peoples personal information. As well as the need for medical assistance in the US. Working for this non profit was a real eye opener when it came to this nations poverty level.

The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly helping people. I worked in the Behavioral Health Clinic, so it was most gratifying for me to see the improvement that a patient would make as they continuously came in for heir appts. Watching someone grow secure within themselves after seeing how lost they were in the beginning made me happy because i knew we were helping as an organization.
Pros
No copays for health visits
Cons
No advancement opportunities
A day at Lone Star
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2015
very fast paced environment,i learned great customer service,my co-workers where great,and i loved assiting the patients.A perfect environment
Pros
free lunches
Cons
some staff were rude
Great place but not what I expected
Traveling CCMA (Former Employee) –  killeen/Harker heightsFebruary 9, 2015
I loved working at LSCC for the time I was there. I was set this was my forever job and I would grow with the company. The first week I got my babies sick and I was told it was expected and it happened to everyone and not to worry. I'm a single parent so I have no backup plan when my children get sick. Again, I was told that it would be okay. I was told I was hired for one spot but was juggled around two locations sometimes I wouldn't know till the morning of by text or I would have to reach out to management because she would fail to text me. On my 45 day review I expressed my love for the company; however, I was not happy that I still had no "home". I explained the juggling and the day of texts to HR. Soon after I was told I was going to be let go. I believe my complaint was the factor of my termination even though they used my children's sicknesses that caused me to miss work as it. I loved the mission, the patients were awesome. The staff was awesome to an extent. The providers were great too. It's an awesome company ONLY if you do NOT have children or married. Or if your management or have tenure bc I seen them come and go with no issue.
Pros
Great pay, awesome clients/patients
Cons
unstable, hierarchy is crooked, they don't work with your Home life
Not very accommodating to family emergencies
Front Desk Administrative/Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 4, 2015
I enjoyed working for Lone Star Circle of Care and how they helped assist non insured patients to obtain government programs or low cost medical assistance. The only thing i was disappointed in was that they are not accommodating when you have a medical emergency, when sick, or with scheduling. They overlook your qualities as a hardworking employee.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Not accommodating to medical emergencies or when you are sick
A&M employee review
Family Medicine Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock,TX 78664October 10, 2014
My experience at Lone Star has provided me with a knowledge of medicine I would have not received at many other facilities. Together as a team, my co-workers and I would make it through each day together assisting each other with each provider. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the patients whose lives and health we actually improved. When a patients health goals were achieved, being apart of that health care goal with them was most rewarding. The struggle through every day was always dealing with frustrated patients due to waiting times to see the doctor. I have developed the ability to show compassion for those who are unable to spend that much time waiting at a doctors and explaining why wait times are as long as they were. My coworkers - the medical assistants- managed mostly everything in our clinic. I specifically ordered all clinical supplies needed. I assisted the nurses in medication management. As well as basic cleanliness, stocking rooms, checking expiration dates, and running daily controls. My overall experience with Lone Star was a true learning period for me. The one thing that always got me was there is no room for advancement within a clinic.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Short breaks/ No breaks/ understaffing
Lone Star typical day
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 25, 2014
My typical work day at Lonestar Circle of Care was extremely busy. My Doctor and I saw 12 or more patients a day, Our hours were from 8 a.m to 6 p.m.
On a regular day we did Extractions, Fillings, Sealants, Post Op, Dental Deliveries, Root canals, and we also saw Emergency patients in between or if there was a 15 minute slot available. I work very well with other adults and with children as well, and I am extremely persistent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Circle of Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Lone Star Circle of Care Reviews by Location