Lone Star Circle of Care

Lone Star Circle of Care Employer Reviews

fair
Member Services Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: lay off/unsecure
Great place to work if you are looking to assist people. Very wonderful work experiences except the lay offs.
2 week program extern billing specialist
Billing Externship for Virginia College of Austin (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: billing experience
Cons: i did not get to work there long enough to know everyone.
Pleasant atmosphere, enjoyable people, and a good place to enhance your skills as a Medical Billing Specialist.
Innovative Healthcare Industry company.
Database Architect / Business Data Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: aggressive delivery dates
If you are a self-starter and proficient in your field you will be allowed great leeway and control over your production. Management tends towards aggressive delivery dates and must be managed by the development team. Project management was light in the beginning, but is now seen as a valuable resource.
Mission Driven Company!
Provider Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXMay 12, 2014
Lone Star Circle of Care is an awesome place to work! The mission the company tries to live by is shown through each of the executive management team.
Limited opportunity for advancement
Confidential (Former Employee), AustinApril 10, 2014
Pros: pto, providing care to the underserved population
Cons: the company is loosing it's mission.
High turnover in providers. Emphasis is placed more on growth versus providing good care. I would not recommend this company to any professional who wishes to be a valued team member.
I wouldn’t refer my worst enemy
Pediatric Clinic Nurse (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 14, 2014
Pros: 3 weeks pto at hire
Cons: inadequate staffing
This has to be the worst company I have ever worked for. LSCC only cares about opening new clinics and not improving the ones they already have. My clinic worked short staffed so often employees were getting sick from exhaustion and were berated for not doing more.
Fun working for lonestar clinic
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: long lunches, mon-friday job, cool employees as well for management
Cons: n/a no cons
A typical day at work for me is getting up in the morning and coming to work. I like to get everything prepared in the morning such as paper work and scanning papers electronically into the computer so we can have that part done in the morning. I have learned to work fast pace in the office since we have picked up on patients the only difficult thing – more... that would be hardest is communicating in spanish most of are patients are billingual which is cool because my great team members are taking there time out which I appreciate but they are teaching me with my spanish skills to teach me the basics. The part i enjoy most is helping are patients out and making the ill children laugh while they are waiting to be seen. – less
The atmosphere at work was great, the doctors are outstanding but corporate office itself is horrible.
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Round Rock, TexasOctober 11, 2013
Working at for this company was fun, everyone got alone. The providers were easy to work with. I do not agree however how they make their decisions about letting people go. Approaching an employee with a box and giving them only 5 minutes to clear their desk before escorting them out is not a way to tell them they no longer have a job.
A good starting place; good introduction to ambulatory care enviornment
HR Generalist (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: meeting are catered
Cons: working through the breaks
A typical day is following your job description and balancing anything else that comes your way.

To be successful at Lone Star Circle of Care one must have a balance of task, and people orientated skills.

I have learned that there is alot to learn and most of the time one needs to take the initiative to learn more.

There is a rapport that needs to – more... be maintaned with employees as well as with your team members.

The hardest part of the job is not having enough time in the day.

The enjoyable part of the job is seeing sick people get well, and helping employees stay motivated and enjoying what they do. – less
Meaningful work with great people!
Finance Dept (Current Employee), GeorgetownSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: work environment, leadership, advancement, mission
Cons: benefits could be more robust
My whole experience with LSCC has been impressive starting with the interview process. Very organized and timely. Generous salary and good benefits although they are not as robust in some areas (i.e. no FSA but starts with very generous vacation!).

People here are passionate about our mission and it's evident that everyone knows that the company values – more... each of our roles -not just certain ones. Very team focused, dynamic leadership, and growth potential! – less
Average Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXSeptember 20, 2013
No flow of communication from management to staff
Growth potential low
Cross-training not provided

Co-workers-confident, pleasant and easy going
Management has lost it's mission and no longer cares about providers
Confidential (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits too expensive, no support to providers
Terrible place to work! They overwork their providers to the point of burnout and then wonder why no one wants to work here.

Management very top heavy and no commitment to employees or their work.
pediactrics
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 26, 2013
took patients vitals, drew blood. cleaned rooms and sanitized rooms when not in used.
productive and laid back, fun place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXJuly 19, 2013
Pros: hour lunch break, great vacation time, benefits
Cons: the hour drive
A typical day includes answering the phone and transferring people to the correct site, answering company emails, setting up conference room and stocking it, sorting the mail, scanning in checks for the Finance department, attaching files. My co-workers are very friendly. For my birthday, they surprise me with a birthday cake. The hardest part about – more... my job is the drive. I live in Fort Hood and my job is in Georgetown. The management team is awesome. – less
Great teamwork within our individual clinic
Office Manager (Former Employee), Belton, TXMay 28, 2013
Pros: excellent health insurance premiums
Cons: company is too large and can't handle it
Overall a great experience. Lone Star was a large organization but the individual clinic was a great atmosphere to work in.