Lone Star College Employee Reviews

Good People to Work For
Combination Welder Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Strick, but good, and give their students a vision to work toward based in a strict environment of the workplace. Reaching to help those that want the help and learning what working together means in an industrial environment. The students are learning that they need each other to stay alive in a hostile industrial environment.They are learning to survive together by working together.A good place to work if you really care about the future of the industry in the Gulf Coast.
Pros
Part -Time
Cons
Part-Time
Contract work based on Grants is uncertain.
Instructor Pipefitting (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The Adjunct role is a part time temporary position with no commitment from the college past a given class. This type of work is great for supplemental income only.
Productive and fun place with students with different cultures
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2018
The job is awesome, free of stress and you always learning something new every single day, learning about disabilities, answer the phones, sometimes having some celebrations for all the staffs at school. People treats you with respect and you learn many things about others cultures, languages, and religions.
Good part time job
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Great job to work at while in school. Very flexible. I needed more hours to be able to maintain myself. Fun staff and great people. Lots of down time in the office
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent place to work
Professor (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXDecember 31, 2017
Everyone cares about student success and reaching college goals! I love working with others that are passionate like me and genuinely care about our students.
Great
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 21, 2017
Lone Star College has been a great place to work. I have enjoyed working with all the faculty, staff and students. The college makes a significant impact on the community.
Good Adjunct Experience
Adjunct Professor, Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 13, 2017
Adjunct instructors are generally allowed to focus on teaching without much extraneous expectations. However, transitioning from adjunct to full-time may take years.
productive and futuristic
Adjunct Faculty Accounting Instructor (Current Employee) –  CyfairbankNovember 29, 2017
I enjoy everyday at work with the student and co- instructors. i was able to use teaching equipment in a professional way to impact and improve student success.The environment is very conducive and friendly. The hardest part is that more hours are used to prepared for your class lectures but, only contact hours are being paid. this is very discouraging
Great place to volunteer
Grant Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 22, 2017
I was volunteering on a project and had a great time. It was well-managed and I learned a lot of great industry skills for the biology department, as well as gaining experience and being mentored.
Engaging Place to Work
Adjunct Automotive Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2017
The day is enlightening. Filled with a multitude of students from all backgrounds and cultures. This has helped me stay in touch with modern cultural changes.I have learned to tailor my presentations to reach a broader group of people. Management does an outstanding job of providing all of the necessary tools for success. All needs from equipment to security are met in a timely manner. Communication is given great priority. There is truly an open door environment that yields visible results. The culture is definitely a teaching one. Interdepartmental communication and cooperation is amazing. A total team effort to accomplish the task of education from the top down. The hardest part of the job is time management. These is so much to teach but so little time to get it done. What is most enjoyable about the job is. The look on the students faces when they finally grasp the concepts that are being presented. Definitely the most rewarding place that I have worked at.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Not Full time
Friendly
Adjunct Faculty of Geography (Current Employee) –  Mongomery, TXNovember 18, 2017
Excellent folks to work with. Develop and implement a full course of study. Plenty of opportunities for training and course development assistance. The biggest challenge is zero benefits as an Adjunct Professor.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Scribe
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXNovember 17, 2017
Working as a scribe at Lone Star College-Tomball was really fun. I had a chance to go to classes that I don't really need to take and learn a lot of interesting things. My co workers were nice too, especially the manager.
Great place to work while attending school
Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2017
I would love to work at Lone Star College. I currently not in school right now because im looking for employment, but i would love to go back to college and finish starting next year Spring semester.
Pros
Enough hours
Cons
Pay could increase
Work while in school
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 5, 2017
Lone Star is a great place to work while you're going to school there. The hours are not a lot, but that gives you the time to study and attend classes.
Great students, Not so Great paychecks
Educator (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 3, 2017
The environment is progressive and fast-paced, however it doesn't help if you are underpaid to teach more information than what the actually professors do.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
No Benefits (Part-time job)
Excellent overall benifits . Relaxed environment most of the time. Much paid time off
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 1, 2017
Very Friendly atmosphere to work in. Paid extended holidays and Fridays off during summer. Balanced paced for work load. Excellent benifits. Free education offered for full time employees. Many open opportunities for different job openings through out the organization. Training classes always available. Other employees willing to help with issues
Pros
Paid time off during holidays
Cons
Certain departments have time off restrictions during certain periods of year
Student Focused
INTERIM PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
The culture is very much focused on taking care of students and providing excellent service. There is a culture change going on focused on: Students Matter, Inspire Excellence, Act Intentionally, Better Together, No Fear and Trust....it's a work in progress but, overall a positive work environment.
Pros
excellent work/life balance
Cons
no ladder to climb
Scribe
Reader/Scribe (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2017
My assignment was to write notes or read out test questions so the student could comprehend instructions and follow directions.

The hardest part of the position was the inconsistency. For example, students may not turn up to their class, the work hours. For example, not getting paid when final exams take place.

The most enjoyable part of the position, i made good friends. My coworkers became good references. The end of the year parties to appreciate scribes for what they do
Pros
Meet new people, end of the year gatherings
Cons
No benefits, inconsistent pay
okay
Mentor/ Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
Doing a good job and achieving the desired end result is my primary motivation. While I enjoy working on a project on my own, I'm particularly motivated by the buzz of working in a team. It's very rewarding working closely with others who share the same common goal
very nice environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2017
very nice place to work; professional environment, clean, up to date, safe, well managed department; very friendly and helpful people. The students are nice and respectful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3