Lone Star College Employee Reviews

Rewarding and great place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 14, 2017
Lone Star College has a service oriented workplace culture with great faculty and staff. My most enjoyable part of the job was helping students which made my work day very rewarding.
Fine place to work
Admissions Secialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 12, 2017
Offers adequate flexibility with low pay. Typically not open to improvement in processes and procedures. Wide variety of people occupy staff positions along with a wide variety of students.
Pros
They have accommodated a schedule that works for me.
Cons
Low pay.
Very rewarding position
Academic College Success Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
I adored my job at Lone Star, working with the grant-funded Upward Bound Program. The students made coming to work every day well worth it and I loved building relationships and seeing our students grow more confident and pursue their dreams.
This was not a place of employment for me.
Student (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 5, 2017
This is a great school. There is lots of flexibility and the most of the staff is very friendly. There are parts of the staff that do not take their job as a position to further others but instead as a position to make a dollar and go home. For the ones who act in this manner there is a large amount of discouragement and this could lead the youth of our community into a path that does not increase our future. But for the rest of the staff and the benefits and the atmosphere of the school it is a great place to come to each and every day.
Pros
Life assitance, good vibes, great professors.
Cons
Some of the staff just doesnt care and put their personal attitude before the need of the students.
Work environment
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Katy, TX 77449August 1, 2017
Lone Star College is a great place to work! I have taught at the Cypress Center for three years and each academic year, I get excited in that I will be facilitating learning for a new group of students.
Pros
Excellent customer service
Job Satisfaction
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2017
It is gratifying to assist the young and old to achieve educational goals. The typical day in the Community Education department is not typical at all. CE does not depend upon state funding like the credit side, but is responsible for seeking funding sources in addition to student recruitment.
Pros
Flexible autonomy
Cons
Unstable funding
LSC Tomball was good experience.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 30, 2017
The atmosphere and diversity at lsc Tomball was a great experience for myself. The work study program worked with my class schedule. I had plenty of time to study.
Poor managment
Program Coordinator II, Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 21, 2017
Continuing Education is a poor example of a 'student focused' program. Revenue is first and foremost and if you're an outsider, your might as well not apply.
Fun place with great staff
Specialist II (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 20, 2017
The staff at Lone Star College are very friendly and always strive for improvement. The Supervisors are always asking the employees for their opinion on way to improve customer service and productivity.
Pros
Fun, Employee's opinion matters, opportunity for growth
Cons
no health insurance for part time workers
fun place to work at.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77073July 19, 2017
Its good for students willing to make a little cash while in college. It helps to build up experience for an actual real job.There willing to work with your class schedule.
Short Term Goals
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 17, 2017
I worked for Lone Star College Part Time while I was completing my bachelors degree. The pay is good for part time and the hours are usually flexible depending on your position. Some part time positions are inflexible. Good culture and most people love working for this college. Very difficult to acquire a full time position with benefits.
Pros
Flexible, Pay Scale
Cons
Exclusion of Part Time Employees, Bad Management
Great place to work at
Specialist III (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 7, 2017
I truly enjoyed working at Lone Star College, it gave me a lot of customer service experience. It helped me get off my feet for my first job. The people I worked with were nice and always helpful. I loved being able to help people out and getting them to where they needed to be.
You are valued at Lone Star
Adjunct Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 30, 2017
I really really loved working at the Tomball campus. Everyone is so nice and professional. The buildings are very clean and safe. I enjoyed driving to work. I loved it.
Pros
Awesome pay
Cons
No full time positions
Fun workplace
Maverick Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new students and being able to help them with school registration, class registration, and tours. Every day was different, some of them where easy but busy. Other days where not busy but hard.
Good Place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Student Centered Faculty
Work-life balance is great. It fits the family needs for vacations and time off during school holidays.
Best part of the job is changing lives of students ever day.
Part-time Pc Technician I
Technician I (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 18, 2017
Most days are fairly easy. It is mostly troubleshooting printers and computers. You will break a sweat when it comes time for lab refreshes. Hardest part will be finding something to do once you've caught up with all incidents and projects. Management is somewhat relaxed.
Pros
Will learn a lot, flexible scheduling, coworkers are competent
Cons
No benefits, no room for growth
Adjuct Professors Have No Value
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 15, 2017
Worked at two different locations, Montgomery College Campus was treated extremely unprofessionally as a female instructor by male chairman and lead instructor. Would pass by on campus without acknowledgement, would walk into classes being taught to speak with students without acknowledgement to instructor, including setting up for end of year mentor program party during final exam with no acknowledgement to test being given or students in classroom.

Taught at Cyfair campus for professor on medical leave, while the professor was gone, discovered extreme company theft by professor, students did not signup for his classes, because of seniority was given my classes and I was laid-off.

Fellow professors tell me they have been stripped of teaching more than one class so they do not have to be paid benefits.
Pros
Good benefits if teach full time
Cons
Contracts for teaching may be cancelled the day before class starts and you are left with no job.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
Student Status. expected to complete work within given time lines and follow course syllabus as instructed by professors. Continued to develop my GIS skills with hands on practice with the latest ESRI software and real world scenarios.
Rewarding experience
P/T-Adult Education Instructor (ESL-EL Civics) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
I worked part-time at Lonestar college as an adult educator while continuing my job at M. D. Anderson. The experience was very rewarding as I taught English to students. Lonestar College pays educators one of the highest salaries in reference to other community colleges in the Houston and surrounding areas. Great place to work as a part-time job.
Exciting and busy.
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 8, 2017
Though challenging at times, Lone Star was a pleasant place to work. Every day was something different and you were able to assist both faculty and staff as well as students and will be students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3