Lone Star College Employee Reviews

A Great Place to Teach
Professional Tutor II (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 31, 2015
Pros: great students, plenty of places to tutor, good environment, adequate teaching materials
Cons: HR doesn't seem to care about paying what the employees are due to them, depending on their level of ability and degree qualifications.
During a day at work, I see at least three students who come in for help with something they are writing, from resumes to research papers. I learned how to explain and teach better in this job, how to communicate to students effectively, and be a better teacher in general. My coworkers come from all walks of life and have their own, unique talents to contribute to the tutoring center. The most enjoyable part of the job is having students whom I had helped come back to say they got good marks on their paper or they got into the college they were writing an entrance essay for.
Productive work place
English Language Instructor/Reading Instructor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Exciitng
Cons: Some classes may not make
I enjoy working with students beyond high school.
Any supplies that are needed is provided.
There are supervisors that are available to go to for information.
Effective in-services are provided in every curriculum and other necessary skills that need attention.
Great work/live balance
Web Coordinator (Current Employee), HoustonJuly 19, 2015
With lower pay than outside of education but is compensated by an abundance of other benefits, such as work life balance, benefits and a relaxed work environment.
Productive and a fun work place
Liberian (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2015
Working at Lone Star College gives me the opportunity to work and go to class. It gives me the advantage to interact with all the students with there needs and to develop communication skills. As the days pass by I always learn something new. The people who i work with are very outgoing. They are defiantly the kind of people you would want help from. Very smart too. The best part of the day is interacting with the students that go there and just helping them out with whatever they need assistances with.
Education with a twist of fun.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2015
Educating people who are passionate about art helps me become a better person and a better educator. It shows that no matter what is going on in the world art is can always bring us together and is an effective way to convey anything of your choosing.
Influential Workpace
FLUX CORE ARC WELDING CERTIFIED OPERATOR (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: A ton of interesting information.
Cons: Temporary.
Instructors are willing to teach a broad range of information on the subject. Job atmosphere is very welcoming and makes individuals feel comfortable.
Book store
Temporary customer service agent (Former Employee), Montgomery, TXMay 23, 2015
It was a fun job. It was my first job in retail and I loved it. The job didn't last long due to the season and I was a temporary but every season the manager would call me back to see if I wanted to do another run. I moved since then so I had to decline however.
Great supervisors
Financial Aid Office Assistant (Former Employee), Houston< TexasMay 18, 2015
I can not complain about anything working here really great job if your looking for practice on office work. Really great staffing they will show you everything you need to know. They don't mind answering questions.
Bad work life decisions, work no life.
Professional Analyst II (Former Employee), Woodlands, TXMay 18, 2015
Lack of being able to take earned vacations or even weekends off due to many issues never resolved with accounting system installed. Worked during vacations and gave seminars to other colleges using PeopleSoft accounting system.
Very professional working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Working at Lone Star College was one of my best experience so far. It was quiet professional environment for me as a student working with President and Vice President of the college. Working hours were quiet flexible.
Intermittent class offerings, but open environment
Agjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: excellent schedule
Cons: not enought work offered.
This is one part-time position I've held since auto accident required long period of recovery and physical therapy. Classes I teach are not offered each semester. Good place for instructor who requires a flexible schedule.
Great Campuses
Educator (Former Employee), KingwoodMarch 5, 2015
Great college. Enjoyed the Kingwood campus. This campus is excellent for teaching the sciences and giving the students hands on experiences outdoors.
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2015
A typical day would include cleaning and organizing the preparation rooms, preparing solutions and equipment for the scheduled labs for the respective classes, and keeping an inventory in order to make sure we didn't run out of anything. I learned how to safely handle and prepare acid and base solutions from their concentrated forms, and learned to recognize tools and equipment by their appropriate names.
My co-workers were awesome! We worked as a team to systematically get every little job done, down to the last detail. There were a few weeks where we were ahead with our work, that we were able to test out new lab projects for our supervisor.
Sometimes the hardest part of the job was when one was working on an assignment that took a long time to complete, but at the same time it was the most enjoyable because you know how much time and effort it took to create a masterpiece.
If I didn't have to leave this job I wouldn't It's a fun place to work and you get to new people all the time.
Cashier (Current Employee), Houston,TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: you get free coffee and get to try all the new products we bring in.
Cons: you have to wait till after one to take a break and your not always promised a break.
I've learned how to make different types of coffee and I've made new friends that have all been very helpful to me in finding help child care while I take a few classes and work at the same time. And working there has helped to brush up on my Spanish.
Not enough growth
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: most departments are very family orientated
Cons: no room for growth
Unless you "kiss up" don't plan on going very far. Does not matter that you the best candidate for a position, it's all about who you know when it comes to growth and promotions.
Excellent places to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Tomball, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: outside elements
I learned about time management, organization, and leadership. The hardest part of the job was the outdoor elements.
OK place to work but not to grow with
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Houston, Texas 77338January 22, 2015
Typical day at work:
Coordinate with employees on the shop floor to measure and calculate different components. Design from scratch from 2D to 3D, then assembly.
Run FEA static analysis using Solidworks. Train employees on Solidworks software. Meetings with engineering manager.

Learned workings of drilling motors and structure design.

Management:Family business

Co-workers:
Nice to get along and work with.

Hardest part of work:

No one to turn to when needed help since there were no Solidworks users.
Great Work Life Balance
Manager, Talent Acquisition (Current Employee), The WoodlandsJanuary 16, 2015
Lone Star College offers excellent benefits and great work life balance.
student
Full Time student (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Full time student in Interior Design, transfer student back to the Art Institute of Houston
Productive and exciting work place.
Administrative Assistant to the Vice Chancellor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: long christmas break, spreak break, travel to another country
Cons: no overtime
I love helping students progress in there studies. Enjoyed working on opening a new campus overseas. Hardest part of my job was coordinating schedules of both personnel in the USA and Indonesia due to time difference.