LONE STAR LEGAL AID Employee Reviews in United States

Worked well with team members
Housing Counselor (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 30, 2015
Hardest part of the job was not getting all individuals to participate
Learned and met different types of persons
Difficulty sometimes in finding adequate housing for individuals
Most enjoyable part of work was seeing individuals get jobs and going back to school
Typical day at work was education and training sessions at different housing authorities with individuals seeking housing assistance and job support
Pros
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH OF INDIVIDUALS
Cons
INDIVIDUALS NOT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SERVICES PROVIDED
Productive fun loving place to intern
Legal Intern- 5months (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 6, 2014
A typical day at the office consisted of maintaining the front desk, switchboard, and helping clients with inquiries. Other responsibilities included; assisting four lawyers and three legal secretaries with daily interoffice duties.

This was a great place to intern and I learned a lot on the job
Felt like family here!
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
It was a nice experience working here. Lots of exposure. It's very diverse and always had something going on whether it was in each department, breakroom, or entire company building.
Fun Place to work.
INTAKE WORKER/SECRETARY/SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasDecember 9, 2013
Great boss. Great teamwork. Very demanding. Loved helping people. Very confidnetial.
I loved working here
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 13, 2012
This place has made me find my type of area of employment I want to be in. What really touched my heart was helping people who are victims of domestic violence and also hleping children get out of a bad situation. The hardest part was the job that I did, was too much for one person to handle.
Great learning opportunity
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2012
Grateful for all I learned about legal procedings.
Deadlines are hard to keep up with, but an essential part of the job. Even though they werent really my co-workers, everyone was very helpful with my learning process.
Pros
great learning from people willing to offer their expertise.
Cons
no pay
Don't go there.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2012
Nepotism runs rampant in management. However the work performed by the staff attorneys and supervising attorneys in offices outside Houston are fantastic. Great organization if they'd get rid of the layers of pathetically incompetent and overpaid management.
Assisting low income families with legal issues
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2012
During my time spent with LSLA, getting to know a lawyer's personality is a plus. I trained on a legal software call PR Manager inputing data for clients and assisting to maintain records. I worked in a secretary pool and did my share of escorting patients and assisting them with paperwork needed for an interview with an attorney. The hardest part of the job was sending letters to clients that our staff couldn't assist with their legal problem. The most enjoyable part was when a case was won after long hours and research had been done.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
government funded contracts