Lone Star National Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and workplace felt like a fun family
Call Center Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TX 78577June 6, 2016
Each day at LSNB began and ended with a motivating word from our supervisor and various team mates. The atmosphere was professional, neat and tidy along with the smell of fresh coffee each morning. I was taught how to give "above average" customer service skills along with self emotional control. I learned to become an example and a representative of the company outside of regular operating hours. I was taught how to be productive, efficient and tedious in my daily work ethic. I even sharpened my Spanish skills working with the Hispanic clientele. My co-workers were adaptable and fun to be around. Everyone helped each other with questions, problems and advice. The hardest part of my job happened to be not receiving many phone calls in order for me to open up account to meet quota. This was more of a system-to-customer judgment bases because the account application process would not go through if the client did not meet specific requirements on the system. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was the rapport established between my amazing supervisor and fellow co-workers.
Pros
Free breakfast / Lunches
Cons
No personal music allowed on our desk
Productive fast paced work
Teller I (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 25, 2016
Most enjoyable part where my co-workers we helped each other when needed great team players. horrible management , No room to make mistakes, company moving more to a sales based environment.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job security
Great experience and hardworking, local bank organization
Bank Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 1, 2016
As a Bank Management Trainee, I have gained knowledge in four departments of the bank. The most enjoyable part of the position is learning the different aspects of mostly every position within the department I work in. The most difficult aspect of the position was not being able to really stay grounded in one department. Co-workers are friendly yet sometimes drained with the amount of work they are responsible for. Management works well with the resources they are given to make sure their departments flow with ease.
Worse company to work for.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  MCALLENApril 6, 2016
Do no even waste your time here unless your a beginner in banking industry, you will be working under micromanagement, your 8 hrs shift youll be watched by cameras every step, no incentive for sales goals, annual salary way to low for a 9 yrs experience in banking, they will only promote to those who know above personel, old fashioned 1980's system everything in paper, just remember everything youll be doing is in paper,
Pros
HOURS OF WORKING
Cons
EVERYTHING, REAL BAD COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
N/a
DEPOSITORY SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXDecember 5, 2015
N/A - It is a great company to work for. I highly recommend working here! My co-workers are great and they are so helpful. Management is very great too! The hardest part is the vacation time.
Great job to enhance communication skills.
Teller/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 30, 2015
From processing everyday transactions to making product sales. This is a very family oriented kind of company that geniunly cares about its employees.
My job overall
Mortgage Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2015
Being an Mortgage Receptionist, I had to not only work with management, but also with each staff member to delegate tasks. The management there were very polite and respectable as were all of my co-workers, it was a very nice environment to work in. The benefits were very good and there was always an 'open-door' policy if issues needed to be discussed.
Pros
Lunches, great staff, great management, benefits
Cons
Difficult to move up in the company
Good place to work.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXJune 10, 2015
Working as a bank teller, here you learn the business world!
It is a very productive environment, a place where you learn allot of exciting things.
banking industry culture
Assistant Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMarch 19, 2015
Conservative tight-knit clusters- type of work environment.
It is a working progress and continuously expanding, the compensation is below industry average, mainly because it has a little over $1 bn in assets, so it is still a small bank by comparison.
Pros
learning curve
Cons
frequent conflicts of interest
Great work place
PT Teller (Former Employee) –  EdinburgFebruary 27, 2015
Typical day consisted of dealing with numerous transactions throughout the day. Lots of one on one with the customers and extremely busy. Never had a dull moment, but quite enjoyed it because it made the day go by extremely quick. Great co-workers that always offered a helping hand, and never hesitated to assist.
Pros
great pay
New company in San Antonio
AVP, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2014
Established 2 retail banking centers in San Antonio for a bank from McAllen Texas, managing both for 2 years. Sales of consumer and business products and services.
The hardest part of my job was working from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm, some days 11:00 pm.
I was able to use my banking experience, training and management skills to create a fun atmosphere.

The best part of my job was working with people.
Pros
i was able to use my banking experience, training and management skills to create a fun atmosphere.
Cons
company's lack of interigty
no flexibility
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 7, 2014
They give you no flexibility when it comes to making mistakes during training probationary periods.
Pros
bad managment
Cons
benefits for fulltimers
Good Place To Work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Lone Star National Bank is a good place to work. Management can seam overbearing at times; but a learning experience nonetheless.

You get out what you put in.
Pros
great benefiits, emphasis on employee training and development
Cons
overbearing management
Work you to the bone for peanut pay
Management (Former Employee) –  CorporateDecember 5, 2013
Coworkers were great because everyone is in the same boat with same frustrations and complaints so we got along well. Work you long hours and management with seniority the ones that worked their way up through time 20+ years not education were overbearing, ignorant, fake, out of touch, and jealous of younger more educated employees. Weird gossip, walking on egg shells, immature, and sometimes malicious. This is a last resort, desperate place to start your work experience.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
benefits are horrible, low pay with an executive title, long hours
productive and friendly atmosphere
Merchant Services Manager & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 2, 2013
Doing marketing and managing the merchant services dept for this bank give me alot of the skills I currently use at my present job. They gave me the opportunity to prove that I could multi task and learn quickly. As part of the marketing dept, I was able to travel to different branches and deal one on one with the employees, branch managers, and their clients. Being the department manager for the merchant services department gave me the knowledge and foundation that I needed to become a territory sales manager.
Productive enviornment
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 21, 2013
Very well managed and a very fun place to work. Great work to life ratio
Fast pace and great team
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJune 13, 2013
Great co workers and management. Hours are sometimes long if day is slow and they have an enjoyable training team.
loved working here!
Lead Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  McAllen TXMay 27, 2013
the work hours were great got to spend time with my family it was a nice balance of work and personal time.
Pros
very involved with the community
Keep looking....
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2012
Dont even waste your time. Incentive structure is not competative with the big banks. Executive level marketing activities are expected without the executive pay. Complete lack of structure and product selection to match market trends. Not customer centric. The most difficult part of the job was having to see the bank frown upon the average blue collar consumer and not serve the communities in which they are located in.
Pros
pays your bills (somewhat)
Cons
expensive healthcare
Nice environment
Controller (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TexasFebruary 28, 2012
Loved my job but managment at times was overbearing. Had a wonderful boss and we became great friends
Pros
great work staff
Cons
overbearing managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.