Lone Star National Bank Employee Reviews

Loved my job, hated how management ran things.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2017
I loved my job but as far as management there was a lot of favoritism and too much gossip/drama for a work place. The customers were extremely friendly and were the only thing that kept me going to work.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Good place to work, sales oriented
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 8, 2017
Good, small community bank who pays their employees very well, but if you are not into sales then this job is not for you. Typically on a regular day, not many customers would come into the bank so you have to go out and see customers to meet your sales goals.
Pros
small community bank, good pay
Cons
high sales standards, poor management
Teller I
Teller I (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 28, 2017
As a part time teller with LSNB you are going to do a lot of on the job training. You do go through two weeks of training once hired but it is just to learn the program and the lingo, everything else you have to learn on the job. Most tellers know the deal, they know you have to learn on the job so they'll help you for a good while until you get the hang of it. Also, the training is M-F on a full time schedule even though you are part time so try not to be busy for two weeks part timers. The weekends of the two week training you will be at a branch shadowing to learn.

Recommendation: Pay close attention when they discuss checks and hold on checks.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Some managers expect you to know everything after the "training."
Good place
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXApril 24, 2017
Good place to start working, you can get trained and at your own will move your way up. Sales oriented, meet your numbers, focus on your job and you will do okay.
Micro management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXApril 5, 2017
If you like to be micro managed this is the place. If you like to make sales without commission, this is the place. Do you like to advance in your career by whom you know rather than actual skills? This is your place.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Raises
Manageable
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TX 78577March 31, 2017
Management is horrible. They have a lot of favoritism and do not appreciate their employees. Hardly any room for growth if you're looking to move up. You must be a favorite to get that kind of privilege and they seem to hire anyone for whatever position as long as your friends of "friends". It's not what you know, it's who you know.
Pros
Made wonderful friends
Cons
salary was horrible
Great place work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Great bank to work with. There's a lot of opportunity within the bank to grow. My first bank job and I very much enjoy it. Day to day operations are easy and the regionals and upper management are always looking for ways to improve customer service and better help its customers and employees.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Expensive Health Insurance
not recommended for housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 8, 2016
The only way ones succeeds is by having a degree. All staff are very friendly and treat you w respect and dignity. I haven't worked for a very long time and do not conduct business with them so I do not know what type of review to give.
Great Workplace
Call Center Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Call CenterAugust 5, 2016
By far one of the best jobs I have ever had. My boss became a real good friend and mentor. He showed genuine interest and care for everyone that worked in the department. The environment was fun, I made great friends while working there. I would have to say my favorite part was the Monday breakfast and Friday goodies. It was nice to enjoy food with coworkers who actually became like family. The supervisors team always listened to any suggestions in making the department a better environment. Everyone was real respectful. I was also able to expand my knowledge about banking; everyone was very knowledgeable and willing to help each other. I look upon the time I worked there as some of the best times I have ever had in any workplace.
Pros
Great Boss, Environment, and Growth Opportunites
Cons
Rotating Schedules
Productive and workplace felt like a fun family
Call Center Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TX 78577June 6, 2016
Each day at LSNB began and ended with a motivating word from our supervisor and various team mates. The atmosphere was professional, neat and tidy along with the smell of fresh coffee each morning. I was taught how to give "above average" customer service skills along with self emotional control. I learned to become an example and a representative of the company outside of regular operating hours. I was taught how to be productive, efficient and tedious in my daily work ethic. I even sharpened my Spanish skills working with the Hispanic clientele. My co-workers were adaptable and fun to be around. Everyone helped each other with questions, problems and advice. The hardest part of my job happened to be not receiving many phone calls in order for me to open up account to meet quota. This was more of a system-to-customer judgment bases because the account application process would not go through if the client did not meet specific requirements on the system. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was the rapport established between my amazing supervisor and fellow co-workers.
Pros
Free breakfast / Lunches
Cons
No personal music allowed on our desk
Productive fast paced work
Teller I (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 25, 2016
Most enjoyable part where my co-workers we helped each other when needed great team players. horrible management , No room to make mistakes, company moving more to a sales based environment.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job security
Great experience and hardworking, local bank organization
Bank Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 1, 2016
As a Bank Management Trainee, I have gained knowledge in four departments of the bank. The most enjoyable part of the position is learning the different aspects of mostly every position within the department I work in. The most difficult aspect of the position was not being able to really stay grounded in one department. Co-workers are friendly yet sometimes drained with the amount of work they are responsible for. Management works well with the resources they are given to make sure their departments flow with ease.
Worse company to work for.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  MCALLENApril 6, 2016
Do no even waste your time here unless your a beginner in banking industry, you will be working under micromanagement, your 8 hrs shift youll be watched by cameras every step, no incentive for sales goals, annual salary way to low for a 9 yrs experience in banking, they will only promote to those who know above personel, old fashioned 1980's system everything in paper, just remember everything youll be doing is in paper,
Pros
Hours of working
Cons
Everything, Real bad company to work for.
Existia favoritismo para promocionar a mejores puestos, Con el nuevo cambio de dirección en el ano 2013, se perdió control de Direccion.
GERENTE INTERNACIONAL (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 4, 2016
En el ano 2013 hubo cambio de Director, se perdió el control de metas a lograr por parte de Auditores Federales, esto conllevo a multas para el Banco, esta es la razón por la que decide hacer un cambio.
Pros
Seguro medico, Plan de Ahorro.
Cons
Empleados no contentos con la calificación de OCC.
N/a
DEPOSITORY SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXDecember 5, 2015
N/A - It is a great company to work for. I highly recommend working here! My co-workers are great and they are so helpful. Management is very great too! The hardest part is the vacation time.
Great job to enhance communication skills.
Teller/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 30, 2015
From processing everyday transactions to making product sales. This is a very family oriented kind of company that geniunly cares about its employees.
My job overall
Mortgage Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2015
Being an Mortgage Receptionist, I had to not only work with management, but also with each staff member to delegate tasks. The management there were very polite and respectable as were all of my co-workers, it was a very nice environment to work in. The benefits were very good and there was always an 'open-door' policy if issues needed to be discussed.
Pros
Lunches, great staff, great management, benefits
Cons
Difficult to move up in the company
Good place to work.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXJune 10, 2015
Working as a bank teller, here you learn the business world!
It is a very productive environment, a place where you learn allot of exciting things.
Great place to work at, must follow policies/procedures tediously
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 9, 2015
Very comfortable place to work at, everyone is courteous. You just have to make sure you follow every policy and not get careless with your transactions
banking industry culture
Assistant Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMarch 19, 2015
Conservative tight-knit clusters- type of work environment.
It is a working progress and continuously expanding, the compensation is below industry average, mainly because it has a little over $1 bn in assets, so it is still a small bank by comparison.
Pros
learning curve
Cons
frequent conflicts of interest

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval