Lone Star National Bank

Lone Star National Bank Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Mission, TXJune 10, 2015
Working as a bank teller, here you learn the business world!
It is a very productive environment, a place where you learn allot of exciting things.
Great place to work at, must follow policies/procedures tediously
Bank Teller (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJune 9, 2015
Very comfortable place to work at, everyone is courteous. You just have to make sure you follow every policy and not get careless with your transactions
banking industry culture
Assistant Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: learning curve
Cons: frequent conflicts of interest
Conservative tight-knit clusters- type of work environment.
It is a working progress and continuously expanding, the compensation is below industry average, mainly because it has a little over $1 bn in assets, so it is still a small bank by comparison.
Great work place
PT Teller (Former Employee), EdinburgFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great pay
Typical day consisted of dealing with numerous transactions throughout the day. Lots of one on one with the customers and extremely busy. Never had a dull moment, but quite enjoyed it because it made the day go by extremely quick. Great co-workers that always offered a helping hand, and never hesitated to assist.
New company in San Antonio
AVP, Branch Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: i was able to use my banking experience, training and management skills to create a fun atmosphere.
Cons: company's lack of interigty
Established 2 retail banking centers in San Antonio for a bank from McAllen Texas, managing both for 2 years. Sales of consumer and business products and services.
The hardest part of my job was working from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm, some days 11:00 pm.
I was able to use my banking experience, training and management skills to create a fun atmosphere.

The best part of my job was working with people.
no flexibility
Teller (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: bad managment
Cons: benefits for fulltimers
They give you no flexibility when it comes to making mistakes during training probationary periods.
Good Place To Work
Current Employee (Current Employee), McAllen, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great benefiits, emphasis on employee training and development
Cons: overbearing management
Lone Star National Bank is a good place to work. Management can seam overbearing at times; but a learning experience nonetheless.

You get out what you put in.
Work you to the bone for peanut pay
Management (Former Employee), CorporateDecember 5, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: benefits are horrible, low pay with an executive title, long hours
Coworkers were great because everyone is in the same boat with same frustrations and complaints so we got along well. Work you long hours and management with seniority the ones that worked their way up through time 20+ years not education were overbearing, ignorant, fake, out of touch, and jealous of younger more educated employees. Weird gossip, walking on egg shells, immature, and sometimes malicious. This is a last resort, desperate place to start your work experience.
productive and friendly atmosphere
Merchant Services Manager & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), McAllen, TXSeptember 2, 2013
Doing marketing and managing the merchant services dept for this bank give me alot of the skills I currently use at my present job. They gave me the opportunity to prove that I could multi task and learn quickly. As part of the marketing dept, I was able to travel to different branches and deal one on one with the employees, branch managers, and their clients. Being the department manager for the merchant services department gave me the knowledge and foundation that I needed to become a territory sales manager.
Productive enviornment
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJune 21, 2013
Very well managed and a very fun place to work. Great work to life ratio
Fast pace and great team
Vault Teller (Former Employee), Mission, TXJune 13, 2013
Great co workers and management. Hours are sometimes long if day is slow and they have an enjoyable training team.
loved working here!
Lead Bank Teller (Former Employee), McAllen TXMay 27, 2013
Pros: very involved with the community
the work hours were great got to spend time with my family it was a nice balance of work and personal time.
Keep looking....
Personal Banker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2012
Pros: pays your bills (somewhat)
Cons: expensive healthcare
Dont even waste your time. Incentive structure is not competative with the big banks. Executive level marketing activities are expected without the executive pay. Complete lack of structure and product selection to match market trends. Not customer centric. The most difficult part of the job was having to see the bank frown upon the average blue collar consumer and not serve the communities in which they are located in.
Keep looking....
Personal Banker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2012
Pros: pays your bills (somewhat)
Cons: expensive healthcare
Nice environment
Controller (Former Employee), Pharr, TexasFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: great work staff
Cons: overbearing managment
Loved my job but managment at times was overbearing. Had a wonderful boss and we became great friends
Last resort if you can't find another job
Banker (Former Employee), BankerNovember 3, 2011
Horrible benefits and they treat their employees the same way!

About Lone Star National Bank

Lone Star National Bancshares - Texas is the holding company for Lone Star National Bank, which provides deposit, lending, insurance, – Read more

Lone Star National Bank Salaries