Lone Star Overnight Employee Reviews

Fast pace, always changing, and opportunities to advance
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2017
Like any other company, there are challenges with some management; however, the correct employees are rewarded for their talents and hard work.

Promotions are given to the most qualified and the company is headed in a positive direction. I knew this as I began as a LSO driver delivering Amazon's packages. I was recognized and promoted to a dispatcher and then promoted further to an operations manager. All this has happened within my tenure of a little over a year now. LSO is delivering packages for one of the largest companies in the world, Amazon and I am excited for where my career with LSO will take me next.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement. Great benefits.
Cons
Can be long hours and weekends sometimes
Good place to get your feet wet in the delivery business.
Delivery Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2017
In a typical day I report to work, participate in a huddle, load my van and then head to my assigned area to deliver my packages. I've learned about the pace that is required to work in the delivery field.
Management is okay. I think they make promises that they can't keep, and they're inconsistent. When the weather is great it is a very rewarding job to work at.
Pros
You get to be outside. I work four ten hour plus days, and then I'm off for four days
it was a great job
Delivery and pickup courier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 11, 2017
I worked 14 hr days but 10 hrs was mostly driving. I enjoyed this job and would still be there if life hadn't happen. Got to travel all over Oklahoma meeting new people
Cons
long days
Work friendly
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
I like working here but a lot of things need to change, Far most the hours are crazy you can't really make a living. Somethings need to be organized a little to make it a good workplace.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short days and hours
reasonably decent job
Driver / Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
time management is key out on the road on your own

dispatch always helpful when things arise

management jumps in to help when going gets tough

I honestly liked working here

just don't get hurt... they fire you while on disability
Pros
good benefits, honest work
Cons
big brother is watching you in the rearview
Negitave culture
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 7, 2017
Such bad vibes here. Everyone is underpaid, the drivers are for the most part negative as are the warehouse employees. Hours are brutal (2am to 9am but no OT).
Pros
did not interfeer with my classes
Cons
no sleep
Its ok
Driver lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
It's a job, it's very unorganized, the equipment and software needs to be updated the driver conditions could be better as so they just need to be updated all around
long hours, low pay
sales dept (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2017
The company expects long hours and is management heavy. The company does not pay at market level. Management has lost its focus. There is high turnover.
Cons
short staffed
busy busy busy
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 15, 2017
not a lot of miro management since your day is spent in a van driving all day. holidays are super busy. time flies. must like driving for extended hours in a day.
not a great place to work
Package/Mail Courier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2017
this job and management have no regard for their workers I would not recommend this company to any one looking for employment the manager micro manage
Cons

Want to know more about Lone Star Overnight?

Ask a question
productive work place
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALDecember 7, 2016
all day driving for 4 day Birmingham AL to mobile AL and on the weekend on call deliver mad lab test to hospital some time computer part to the office and general stores
Pros
non
Cons
non
Lone star overnight
COURIER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2016
I had fun working there I loved the people I was working with I wish I had never left believe it or not I regret leaving there because now I miss it and I wish I had listened to the supervisors there.
They were right and I was wrong about my departure. I miss them alot
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Avoid at all costs!
Driver - Warehouse/Varies (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2016
This company has gone from being a place I'd gladly recommend for someone to work at, to being a place that if I even start to hear the letters of the company being said I automatically yell out for them to turn around and run. They no longer care about the well being of the drivers and most of them work 10-12 hour days without any type of significant break to eat or use the restroom. They choose to coddle weak employees and then put further strain on the few drivers that they still have, then on top of it, the mangers give the drivers grief when they say that they are on burnout from having such an arduous shift. As if things couldn't be any worse, they now have a pay per piece scale where the more packages you deliver and pick up determine how much you get paid per hour. For those who are working in a populous area, making money isn't too difficult, whereas other drivers who work in remote areas where they have to go long distances between each stop doesn't help them earn much. This company is a dumpster fire that is horrible at taking care of their people, and I consider myself fortunate that I no longer work there. For as much stress and headaches as I've gotten from that place, it just isn't worth it.
Pros
I got paid to work there
Cons
I worked there.
Not a bad place to work
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 17, 2016
Clear route everyday
Management works with you
Self driven environment
very little interaction with co-workers
Learning the route at the start is challenging
Customer Service Driven job
Pros
Self-motivated
Cons
Hard to call in sick
Very Good Pay in my position but, my position only existed for 2 months.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2016
I enjoyed this job and the pay that I got was really good, but I was there for a month and a half and they told me that in a week that my position was no longer available. It was VERY fast paced, but I liked that. I just wish I could have kept the job....
Good working conditions
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 16, 2015
Good job. I loved developing and working with the Tulsa drivers. We had a great time putting awards on the wall. We had great numbers with a very impressive safety record.
Pros
Good pay
poductive and fun
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
it was an okay place to work. the management is pretty good. I would recommend a friend or family to work there. nothing else to say about the company
Great Place to get experience
Information Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2015
Think its a great place to work. Things run pretty smooth and I love the challenge it presents in the IT field. Management is pretty cool and I am still learning on a daily basis.
Overall not a bad place to work
Courier/ Warehouse Logistics (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
Very unorganized but for the most part a respectable company to work for. Its a currior company that competes with Fed Ex and UPS
I hope it becomes profitable & a great workplace
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2015
My experience was not good, however, I only hope the best for all people and things that want to accomplish something good. I hope LSO improves and grows to be a great place to work for "all" employees & their families.
Pros
Local Business
Cons
Will say: Improvements needed in critical areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Overnight. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9