Lone Star Park Employee Reviews

Loved it!!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 17, 2017
This was such a great place to work, too bad it was seasonal. Great people to work with, and a great way to earn great money! I'd definitely go back if needed!!
Pros
Cons
Nothing!
Interacted with the public
Teller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 8, 2016
It was good working for Lone Star Park. Many people in and out and very entertaining, It was fun and exciting working at a racetrack
Pros
Interacting with a variety of people
Cons
The pay was not very rewarding
Fun and exciting enviroment
Work as a Bartender (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 19, 2016
The best part of my job is meeting people and them remembering me after a whole year of not seeing them. I love being able to pick up like we saw each other yesterday.
Fast paced environment with cars
Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 31, 2013
You take the customer's car and park it in a assigned spot and retrieve it when they are ready. I have learned to handle other peoples' property with the highest of quality. Management is very nice and willing to work with you. They co-workers vary from year to year. The hardest part is dealing with the person who stole stole form the customer. The most enjoyable part is driving all the neat cars!
Pros
cars, benefits, on site medical.
Cons
15 min lunch break
Fun and hard working place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 15, 2016
You help the bartenders stock up on anything that they needed. Helped on the concession stands by taking the orders from the customers and serving them food in a polite and professional manner.
I loved meeting people
Mutuels Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 27, 2016
I really enjoyed the fast pace environment.the people were great.You ran across all type of people and cultures.It was a neat place to work
Pros
we receive tips
Cons
you were standing all day
fun work place lots of intresting people
Busser (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75050March 9, 2016
a typical work day would depend if there was a concert or something happing it would be a fast pace and lots of moving. management would just be in office all day.
Decent job
Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 22, 2015
everyday there would be an argument between servers and management. Workers often fought over tip outs because there was not an official method.
Pros
good tips
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Live horses race with great food
Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 29, 2015
Great place to meet fellow teammates! Everyone is nice and helpful when needed. Management is great, and will help with any problems you might have.
Pros
Live horses races, great food.
Cons
Gets busy
My manager is great , we work very well as a team .
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 18, 2015
Lone star park is a good place to work but little chance for pay increase or place to make a career at . Fun place to work, interesting people you meet.
Pros
people
Cons
no advancement

Want to know more about Lone Star Park?

Ask a question
Productive and Fun Team Environment
Mutuels Dealer/ Money Room Accountant (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 23, 2012
Typical Work day includes providing Mutuels and Non-Wagering Departments with money. As well as providing customer service when applicable.

I've learned that I have the ability to work with large sum's of numbers, as well as balance those numbers.

Management is a well, organized team. They work together to ensure the Park is up to company standards, as well as provide great Employment and Customer Service.

My co-workers make the job enjoyable,as well as working as a team and supporting each other in times of need. Unity provides the best environment for all of us.

The hardest part of the job is making sure we provide prompt and friendly service to our customers, to ensure a great experience and return to Lone Star Park.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be surrounded by great people that are honest with one another. Work should and is fun at Lone Star Park as it should be. Our Motto states "Lone Star Park is a play-ground for Adults." No better work environment in my mind.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 9, 2013
* A typical day at Lone Star Park is very busy and fun.
* That watching horse racing can be very fun.
* Very understanding management very family orient
Pros
very fun family orient place to work
Cons
long hours on concert nights
Fast paced, entertainment environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Create daily financial records.
Designate inventory to 10 diverse locations throughout the property, restock, get change, give breaks, and do final sales reports for the day, week, month and year.
The hardest part of my job is working in the heat.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the horses.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No advancement in my department
i learn alots of ways to use my organize skills
short /order cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 9, 2014
a typical day at work 1. check the food in house before we check in any food . may sure fresh foods go to the back and in house food were use first or put out if its bad. 2. prep food to be use that day 3, help any one on my team that might need... 4. my manager, very strong and knowledge of the work place. 5 hardest part / not one 6. the most enjoyable part of the job is to know our food we cook look good and taste good. also safety is always # 1
Pros
free food, able to meet different people
Cons
did not last long
fun for family just nt for staff!
Dining Cashier/Financial Reporter (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, txMay 21, 2012
Lone Star is great family fun, bt as for staff. this is a pt job material. This can not be your bread and butter job. Management are alil racist, and if you have an issue with onw of the money making servers your gon.
Pros
enviornment
Cons
pay, management, senior staff, too much work for the pay
its great job working with different people
Commissary recieving (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 16, 2014
Primary duties include taking inventory, filling vending machines, and taking inmate orders at the commissary. Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures. Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries. Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions. Ability to operate store equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to LRT, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutting, panel saw, paint mixing computer, blind cutting, forklifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc). Satisfactorily complete all Lowe's training requirements (including annual Hazardous Material, Forklift certification/departmental training, etc). Ability to interpret price tag and UPC information. Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions. Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise. Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
Fun
Mutual's Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 6, 2012
It is a horse track with gambling and concerts etc... it was fun.
I was only hired to work during live race season; had fun.
Pros
fun
Cons
really long hours
No good
Admission (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2013
The management is very rude, if something happens to you no one cares. And the main guy is rude.
great enviroment
Server/Head Busser (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 4, 2013
very busy all day long! I learned a lot about appealing to different types of customers to get the highest amount of sales. managment was new when I worked there and a tad scattered but I'm sure things are running more smoothly now
fun to work
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 15, 2013
.From opening to close, it was always a different quesiton to be ansered. I worked a shift alone so it took alot of common sense.and self motivation
Pros
seeing live horse racing
Cons
never able to advance in company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Park. Our community is ready to answer.

Lone Star Park Reviews by Location