Lone Star Park Employee Reviews

Good money
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 2, 2017
The compensation at Lonestar Park is good! I enjoyed my coworkers, and the extra cash I would make by picking up shifts here. On the other hand, the place is poorly managed. Tools to succeed were not provided, and getting into contact with a supervisor was very difficult.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, fast paced, day went by quickly
Cons
long days, heavy lifting
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 15, 2017
Exciting place to work
Needs new managment/structure
Great coworkers
Fast paced
Seasonal/Weekends
Not allowed creative input, even as an assistant manager
Pros
Only work weekends
Cons
Not enough hours
great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 16, 2017
Exciting place to work. people are fun and customers are nice. The food was excellent. Great place to work. the environment is fast past and fun. It can get really loud.
Fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 16, 2017
Nice working place with great outdoors view. Nice music & food, also very beautiful horses. Co workers are very friendly & nice, & the offer you food during break.
Pros
Free food at any working area
Cons
Cant touch the horses on break
Fun job for extra money
multiple teller lines and in special party rooms (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 4, 2017
This is a fun job to earn extra money where you can meet interesting and fun people and learn about the horse racing industry. A typical day is about 6 hours, mostly in the evenings and on weekends. Their hiring job fair for the thoroughbred season is coming up the second week of March, See their website for dates and times. My position requires efficiency in money handling and is a huge financial responsibility which is the hardest part of the job. But they will be hiring for all positions in case you don't want that responsibility.
Pros
Meeting interesting people
Cons
Money shortages
Loved it!!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 17, 2017
This was such a great place to work, too bad it was seasonal. Great people to work with, and a great way to earn great money! I'd definitely go back if needed!!
Pros
Cons
Nothing!
Intresting place to work
Catering Coordinator/ waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 23, 2016
Alot of Phone call
Pre clinic work
Retrieve Medical records
Learned alot about picc lines
You see seroius wounds aputi patients

Hardest part of the job is patients with outher compainies when trying to retrieve info. On patients.
Pros
Free lunch from doctors and fridays from owner
Interacted with the public
Teller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 8, 2016
It was good working for Lone Star Park. Many people in and out and very entertaining, It was fun and exciting working at a racetrack
Pros
Interacting with a variety of people
Cons
The pay was not very rewarding
Fun and exciting enviroment
Work as a Bartender (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 19, 2016
The best part of my job is meeting people and them remembering me after a whole year of not seeing them. I love being able to pick up like we saw each other yesterday.
Fun and hard working place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 15, 2016
You help the bartenders stock up on anything that they needed. Helped on the concession stands by taking the orders from the customers and serving them food in a polite and professional manner.
I loved meeting people
Mutuels Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 27, 2016
I really enjoyed the fast pace environment.the people were great.You ran across all type of people and cultures.It was a neat place to work
Pros
we receive tips
Cons
you were standing all day
fun work place lots of intresting people
Busser (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75050March 9, 2016
a typical work day would depend if there was a concert or something happing it would be a fast pace and lots of moving. management would just be in office all day.
Decent job
Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 22, 2015
everyday there would be an argument between servers and management. Workers often fought over tip outs because there was not an official method.
Pros
good tips
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Live horses race with great food
Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 29, 2015
Great place to meet fellow teammates! Everyone is nice and helpful when needed. Management is great, and will help with any problems you might have.
Pros
Live horses races, great food.
Cons
Gets busy
My manager is great , we work very well as a team .
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 18, 2015
Lone star park is a good place to work but little chance for pay increase or place to make a career at . Fun place to work, interesting people you meet.
Pros
people
Cons
no advancement
Fast paced, entertainment environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Create daily financial records.
Designate inventory to 10 diverse locations throughout the property, restock, get change, give breaks, and do final sales reports for the day, week, month and year.
The hardest part of my job is working in the heat.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the horses.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No advancement in my department
i learn alots of ways to use my organize skills
short /order cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 9, 2014
a typical day at work 1. check the food in house before we check in any food . may sure fresh foods go to the back and in house food were use first or put out if its bad. 2. prep food to be use that day 3, help any one on my team that might need... 4. my manager, very strong and knowledge of the work place. 5 hardest part / not one 6. the most enjoyable part of the job is to know our food we cook look good and taste good. also safety is always # 1
Pros
free food, able to meet different people
Cons
did not last long
I love working for this company
Grand Prairie, Tx Mutuel Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie TXJuly 24, 2014
This was my dream job. I love going back every year. It is a fun company to work for nice people.
Pros
Make good money
Cons
Na
its great job working with different people
Commissary recieving (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 16, 2014
Primary duties include taking inventory, filling vending machines, and taking inmate orders at the commissary. Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures. Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries. Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions. Ability to operate store equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to LRT, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutting, panel saw, paint mixing computer, blind cutting, forklifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc). Satisfactorily complete all Lowe's training requirements (including annual Hazardous Material, Forklift certification/departmental training, etc). Ability to interpret price tag and UPC information. Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions. Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise. Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
Best experience so far
receiver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 11, 2013
I had the best experience working here for my first job. I learn everything from stocking down to customer service here.