Lone Star Pet Supply is a privately owned independent distributor of pet food and supplies. We sell our products at wholesale to pet, feed, vet and aquarium stores in the southwestern United States. We service customers in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. Lone Star Pet Supply stocks approximately 19,000 assorted items for dogs, cats, birds, tropical fish, reptiles, equine and small animals such as hamsters and guinea pigs.
Area Account Manager - This posting is posted in anticipation of company growth in the near future.
Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquires accounts and manage sales within an assigned territory; targeting new opportunities and implementing sales strategies to penetrate active accounts
- Proactively penetrates existing assigned accounts and increase business by making recommendations for new lines, new products, and new promotions for customer solutions.
- Maintains relationships with existing accounts and capitalize profits through effective pricing, product mix and account management
- Maintains retention of accounts while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction which includes responding to customer concerns, developing solutions, providing follow-up on client matters.
- Exceeds or meets personal sales targets while demonstrating a solid customer focus.
Criteria for Measuring on the Job Success
- Sales against prior year and plan
- Gross margin
- Market penetration
- Sales by channel
Minimum Required Education, Experience and Skills
One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2 years outside sales experience and formalized sales training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Self starter
- Ability to follow through and execute
- Money motivated
- Excellent time management skills
- Master communicator
- Ability to build rapport with various personality types
- Not afraid of rejection
- Computer proficient at MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Order Management Systems, Mobile WIFI connectivity
- Ability to travel extensively, with minimal overnight travel required.