Lone Star Steakhouse

Lone Star Steakhouse Employer Reviews

Place with great managment and people skills
Prep/Saute' Chef (Former Employee), Mount Airy, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good management, nice hours, work with my hands
Cons: poor co-workers, poor benefits
MY job was prep chef for the beginning of each day. A list on the wall had the recipes for what to make. Also described how to make everything and what proportions to use. Here i hadn't had much kitchen skill at my start. Quickly i learned some recipes, and the proper use of a chef knife. Everyone had a good attitude most days, except management. They always had a great attitude while willing to lend a helping hand. Now my co-workers i can't say the same. Many were out to keep their hands clean and not break a sweat unless they had to. Some days there would be a huge order for the day of say salads; it would be fairly hard to get what i needed done with no one willing to lend a helping hand. My favorite part of this job was the fact that management stepped in when they needed to, customer service or help with employee's
Restaurant Manager
Service Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: compensation was good, and people were good to work with.
Cons: poor operation plan, on a shoe string budget, the company closed the location with short notice. the company quit on us.
Responsable for overall front of the house operations, including team members experience, guests satisfaction, and company culture.
Restaurant Manager
Service Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: compensation was good, and people were good to work with.
fun
group thinking
poor managment
fun work place
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2015
the workers were fun to be around and helped me when i need them.
Cashier
HOSTESS (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Great if you enjoy working with people. Great environment and great food.
the work place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Bradley, ILDecember 18, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: good breaks
i learned how to seat people and take orders
management was very good
all co workers were great to work with
was a good work place for starters
i enjoyed help people
Older Steakhouse with large menu
Host/Cook/Server (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great coworkers and great food
Cons: slow business
Great team that worked together to make the restaurant shine. Everyone worked hard to organize events for charity and to promote sales. Workers were like a family and gathered outside of work on several occasions.
A fast paced environment.
Server (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHOctober 19, 2014
A great place to work with plenty of interaction with others.
Great Environment
Cook (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAOctober 7, 2014
All the staff worked diligently with one another. The management was helpful to employees and understood everyones needs.
Excellent place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIOctober 6, 2014
I was a server trainer and that was excellent experance for me. i learned so much working their. excellent staff and costomers. everyone was very friendly. everyone worked together as a team. everyone helped each other out.
great place to work
Host (Former Employee), Racine, WISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great pay, great hours, great atmosphere
on a daily basis i would move around from different jobs in the restaurant. from greeting/ seating customers to helping the serving staff. this was my first job and from it i took the value of hard work and i learned what it was like to work with a team of people. i was super close with all of the managers and i was also super close with my co-workers.
productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day at work would be me opening and closing greeting the guest at the door and seating them. Setting the tables up taking the dishes to the kitchen cleaning the restrooms cleaning the windows sweeping the rugs near my host stand and keeping my host stand clean and always keeping a smile on my face. I loved my management they were the best never not professional and always stayed on us so our store could be on top. my co workers were pretty good we always had fun making our guest laugh and serving them with the best service. the hardest part was trying to stay focus even if a guest may not be in the mood for our cheerful spirit. The most enjoyable part of my job was be able to try out all the food whenever we had something new on the menu and still having fun and working all at the same time.
exciting work enviroment
Wait staff, Assistant Manager, Cashier (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no healthcare
meeting different people, flexible to work ,easy going co-workers
wasnt a bad job
Hostess (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCAugust 7, 2014
i learned how to truly talk and greet a customer, this was my first job and its good for a first job.
Helpful Co-Workers
Wait Staff (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAAugust 6, 2014
Was a very fast working environment. Great staff to work with. The most enjoyable part of my day was the interaction with customers.
Team work and fun place to work
Cook/ Saute Bar (Former Employee), Delran, NJJuly 18, 2014
I did short order cooking and prep cooking too.I love the company and it work place
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHJuly 15, 2014
Poor pay, no benefits, always working and no balance with life.
fast pace food restaurant
Waitress (Former Employee), Garden City, KSJuly 2, 2014
Pros: 1/2 off when worked 25% when off the clock
Cons: too many people quiting and new hires no consitancy a lot of repetition
Was my first waitressing job. Taught me how to serve and use the computers to punch in orders. Taught me about food and allergies. The management was always changing and in the food industry there's always new hires so it's a lot of repeating. Co workers are the reason I loved working for Lone Star. I met some great people there who followed me to my next waitressing job.
Nice place good food
Server/ Host (Former Employee), Brighton, COJune 25, 2014
Nice place to work although working around the smell of food makes you really hungry. It has good food and keeps people coming back with its great servers that get real extensive training

1 2 3 4

About Lone Star Steakhouse

ABOUT LONE STAR STEAKHOUSE For over 25 years, Lone Star Steakhouse has been America’s trusted brand for quality Texas-style – Read more

Lone Star Steakhouse Photos