Lone Star Steakhouse

Lone Star Steakhouse United States Employee Reviews

Awesome Workplace
Server (Former Employee), Tamuning, GUApril 1, 2015
Pros: Employee Discounts and Flexibility
Friendly Coworkers. Awesome Managers. Meet a lot of great people. Dancing is always fun. Food is awesome! Tourism is great on Guam, Lone Star is heavily involved in Guam's tourism and is also a great at customer retention.
Horrible Work Experience
Server (Former Employee), Monroe, NCMarch 18, 2015
Well, for starters...
I personally do not like serving. It has not been my cup of tea, but work is work.
My overall satisfaction of this job was meeting new people.
Everything else about it is horrible...
The management, the employees, the work environment... Everything was a disaster in a nut shell.
Stuggling company
General Manager (Current Employee), West Mifflin, PAMarch 17, 2015
The company Culture and Job Work life is amazing.

But Job security is shaky, ,any of the restaurants are on a month to month lease.

Advancement opportunities are there because higher up managers are jumping ship. So lends to questionable promotions.

Comensation is solid for a struggling company.
Worst place I've ever worked
server (Former Employee), Greensboro ncMarch 12, 2015
The managers are so rude and the employees are as well. Customers even had complaints about this.

Greensboro NC high point Rd
Productive and fun workplace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Effingham IllinoisFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day consists of coaching and mentoring staff to uphold service standards. Work side by side with staff to ensure great customer service. Enjoyed working with team members...they are always willing to give and receive feedback. I also enjoyed meeting and speaking with our guests. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of communication from upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with my employees.
restaurant expierence
Waitress (Former Employee), alexandria vaFebruary 23, 2015
great working with employees . fun and entertaining . great communication skills within the restaurant . serving customers and making sure the customers are filled with their needs.
Place with great managment and people skills
Prep/Saute' Chef (Former Employee), Mount Airy, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good management, nice hours, work with my hands
Cons: poor co-workers, poor benefits
MY job was prep chef for the beginning of each day. A list on the wall had the recipes for what to make. Also described how to make everything and what proportions to use. Here i hadn't had much kitchen skill at my start. Quickly i learned some recipes, and the proper use of a chef knife. Everyone had a good attitude most days, except management. They always had a great attitude while willing to lend a helping hand. Now my co-workers i can't say the same. Many were out to keep their hands clean and not break a sweat unless they had to. Some days there would be a huge order for the day of say salads; it would be fairly hard to get what i needed done with no one willing to lend a helping hand. My favorite part of this job was the fact that management stepped in when they needed to, customer service or help with employee's
Restaurant Manager
Service Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: compensation was good, and people were good to work with.
Cons: poor operation plan, on a shoe string budget, the company closed the location with short notice. the company quit on us.
Responsable for overall front of the house operations, including team members experience, guests satisfaction, and company culture.
Restaurant Manager
Service Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: compensation was good, and people were good to work with.
fun
group thinking
poor managment
fun work place
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2015
the workers were fun to be around and helped me when i need them.
Cashier
HOSTESS (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Great if you enjoy working with people. Great environment and great food.
the work place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Bradley, ILDecember 18, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: good breaks
i learned how to seat people and take orders
management was very good
all co workers were great to work with
was a good work place for starters
i enjoyed help people
Older Steakhouse with large menu
Host/Cook/Server (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great coworkers and great food
Cons: slow business
Great team that worked together to make the restaurant shine. Everyone worked hard to organize events for charity and to promote sales. Workers were like a family and gathered outside of work on several occasions.
A fast paced environment.
Server (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHOctober 19, 2014
A great place to work with plenty of interaction with others.
Great Environment
Cook (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAOctober 7, 2014
All the staff worked diligently with one another. The management was helpful to employees and understood everyones needs.
Excellent place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIOctober 6, 2014
I was a server trainer and that was excellent experance for me. i learned so much working their. excellent staff and costomers. everyone was very friendly. everyone worked together as a team. everyone helped each other out.
great place to work
Host (Former Employee), Racine, WISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great pay, great hours, great atmosphere
on a daily basis i would move around from different jobs in the restaurant. from greeting/ seating customers to helping the serving staff. this was my first job and from it i took the value of hard work and i learned what it was like to work with a team of people. i was super close with all of the managers and i was also super close with my co-workers.
productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day at work would be me opening and closing greeting the guest at the door and seating them. Setting the tables up taking the dishes to the kitchen cleaning the restrooms cleaning the windows sweeping the rugs near my host stand and keeping my host stand clean and always keeping a smile on my face. I loved my management they were the best never not professional and always stayed on us so our store could be on top. my co workers were pretty good we always had fun making our guest laugh and serving them with the best service. the hardest part was trying to stay focus even if a guest may not be in the mood for our cheerful spirit. The most enjoyable part of my job was be able to try out all the food whenever we had something new on the menu and still having fun and working all at the same time.
exciting work enviroment
Wait staff, Assistant Manager, Cashier (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no healthcare
meeting different people, flexible to work ,easy going co-workers

1 2 3 4

About Lone Star Steakhouse

ABOUT LONE STAR STEAKHOUSE For over 25 years, Lone Star Steakhouse has been America’s trusted brand for quality Texas-style – Read more

Lone Star Steakhouse Salaries