Lone Star Steakhouse

Lone Star Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Bonus structure gone
HOSPITALITY SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Team building ability
Cons: Lazy GM that gets all our credit, no bonus paid, high expectations, all great numbers and up in sales, .yet not one dollar in bonus or even a half day extra off!!
Bonus is based completely upon things that management cannot change although we are trained to act as owner/operators, this is not possible. No bonus over 5.00 in 2 years, yet expected to work more hours than ever.The culture is hurry and give 200% while we figure out how to take 50 more%.
Great people, great atmosphere
Bartender, Server, and service trainer (Former Employee), BloomingtonAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Coworkers are family, half-price on the most delicious food!
Cons: Our store was in-between managers most of the time
Lone Star has been my home for over 2 years. I've learned so much about myself as I progressed from host, to server, to service trainer, to bartender, and eventually bar trainer. The people I've met along the way will remain friends for life. I feel as though working in the service industry provided me with a level of patience and understanding when interacting with such a wide range of the public that I could not reach in any other job field. I will always be thankful for what Lone Star has taught me and will miss this job as I move to a new state.
Awesome
GUEST SERVICE ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Dundee, MIAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Short Breaks
Cons: Long hours
Great company to work for with a awesome location right off M23.
The coworkers have a very positive attitudes helping as team members. managers are very upbeat positive as well as helpful.
Guest turnover is excellent for the servers to make $200-300 weekly in tips.
Bad staff, Good Food
Dishwasher (Former Employee), St. LouisJuly 31, 2015
Really good food here but poor management and serving staff has bad attitude problems. Hosts were nice. Servers - not so much.
Good benefits
Cook (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: layoffs
The whole time I worked here I did like the benefits package of insurance. I didnt like that we constantly went on layoff when things were slow. Also even though I felt qualified to be advanced to lead operator, the supervisor never advanced me.
Friendly
Server (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJune 29, 2015
When I first started at Lone Star I thought it was a nice change of pace with a fun yet relaxed atmosphere. Overtime upper management aka corporate has made some very poor decisions and the company continues to go down hill in my opinion.
good money
Server, Busser (Former Employee), Saint PetersburgJune 25, 2015
This was a great place to work, serving is a great job the pay is great and the hours are perfect. You can make full time money working part time hours
Very fun environment as well as great food
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMay 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be walking in being greeted by the managers as well as the other associates working there. I learned what it was like working with all different kinds of people while still doing something that you love.
lonestar
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 19, 2015
Pros: i liked the atmosphere and the people were very nice
Cons: i didnt get paid much
I would waitress or host whenever they needed me or whenever someone didn't show up I was there. I had also worked in the kitchen running food to tables and drinks and checking on the customer. Always making sure they were satisfied with everything they wanted.
Productive and customer friendly workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Evansville, INApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of great customer service. I was a hostess and in charge of seating the guests that came through the door. My other responsibilities were: bussing the tables, answering the phone, serving drinks and any cleaning.
Awesome Workplace
Server (Former Employee), Tamuning, GUApril 1, 2015
Pros: Employee Discounts and Flexibility
Friendly Coworkers. Awesome Managers. Meet a lot of great people. Dancing is always fun. Food is awesome! Tourism is great on Guam, Lone Star is heavily involved in Guam's tourism and is also a great at customer retention.
Horrible Work Experience
Server (Former Employee), Monroe, NCMarch 18, 2015
Well, for starters...
I personally do not like serving. It has not been my cup of tea, but work is work.
My overall satisfaction of this job was meeting new people.
Everything else about it is horrible...
The management, the employees, the work environment... Everything was a disaster in a nut shell.
Stuggling company
General Manager (Current Employee), West Mifflin, PAMarch 17, 2015
The company Culture and Job Work life is amazing.

But Job security is shaky, ,any of the restaurants are on a month to month lease.

Advancement opportunities are there because higher up managers are jumping ship. So lends to questionable promotions.

Comensation is solid for a struggling company.
Worst place I've ever worked
server (Former Employee), Greensboro ncMarch 12, 2015
The managers are so rude and the employees are as well. Customers even had complaints about this.

Greensboro NC high point Rd
Productive and fun workplace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Effingham IllinoisFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day consists of coaching and mentoring staff to uphold service standards. Work side by side with staff to ensure great customer service. Enjoyed working with team members...they are always willing to give and receive feedback. I also enjoyed meeting and speaking with our guests. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of communication from upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with my employees.
restaurant expierence
Waitress (Former Employee), alexandria vaFebruary 23, 2015
great working with employees . fun and entertaining . great communication skills within the restaurant . serving customers and making sure the customers are filled with their needs.
Place with great managment and people skills
Prep/Saute' Chef (Former Employee), Mount Airy, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good management, nice hours, work with my hands
Cons: poor co-workers, poor benefits
MY job was prep chef for the beginning of each day. A list on the wall had the recipes for what to make. Also described how to make everything and what proportions to use. Here i hadn't had much kitchen skill at my start. Quickly i learned some recipes, and the proper use of a chef knife. Everyone had a good attitude most days, except management. They always had a great attitude while willing to lend a helping hand. Now my co-workers i can't say the same. Many were out to keep their hands clean and not break a sweat unless they had to. Some days there would be a huge order for the day of say salads; it would be fairly hard to get what i needed done with no one willing to lend a helping hand. My favorite part of this job was the fact that management stepped in when they needed to, customer service or help with employee's
Restaurant Manager
Service Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: compensation was good, and people were good to work with.
Cons: poor operation plan, on a shoe string budget, the company closed the location with short notice. the company quit on us.
Responsable for overall front of the house operations, including team members experience, guests satisfaction, and company culture.
Restaurant Manager
Service Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: compensation was good, and people were good to work with.
fun