Lone Star Steakhouse Employee Reviews

fun fast place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 23, 2017
lone star closed down but it was a very good place to work, the management was amazing. it was honestly probably the best gm ive ever had and very flexible and showed appreciation toward their employees.
Serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MISeptember 22, 2017
Lonestar is a great first job, it is a place where you can easily move up in the company from a host to a server and server to bartender! The food is great and the culture is there.
Lone Star is Closed near me
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 21, 2017
I don't know if lone star is closing all over or just the ones that are near to me but it wasn't the best run chain I have seen. I would recommend Chilis or something.
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Loved working at Lonestar. Good work atomshphere. Guest came in and were willing to wait for good food. Went down hill towards the end of my tenure...
Fun
Host/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed this location. I wish they didn't close down. I would still be there if it was still opened. I loved my managers too. I enjoyed the food and drinks.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 9, 2017
Loved working there. If this location was still open, I would still be there. Great team environment. The hours for managers were long and sometimes had to go in on days off. Great benefits
Fun but low paying
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 8, 2017
It was a very fun place to work at however business was really slow at that particular location and eventually the restaurant had to close down. That was my reason for leaving
Pros
Discounts
Cons
It closed down
Drama city
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Wasn't getting the shifts I was promised. Managers played favorites with staff. Staff would drink after work and sometimes, too much. Not a great place to work at all.
Prep cook
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 2, 2017
All in all i learned alot from this work envierment,and how to be fast in the kitchen.its an awesome place for friends and family to gather and enjoy a meal.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor hrs
enjoyable workplace with great people to work with
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 30, 2017
I was working for a company where I was off of work around lunch each day. So I picked up a server job on the side. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with and enjoyed meeting new people. And the money was pretty good too. Not sure if you could live on just that one job. But it's great for extra income. I worked there for 8 years and during that time the business went down hill. The comany tried to compete with low cost restaurants and brought in a whole new clientele. It went from a place you go to get a nice meal and great service. To a place on the cheap.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
they overload good servers with tables until you cant give good service.
It was a fun place to work and I made decent money, but it was very stressful.
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at Lonestar Steakhouse and made decent money, but because of the setup and quality of the building and kitchen it was a very stressful work environment.
not a lasting company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 28, 2017
Overall i have gained so much from the company in terms of knowledge and training. I played a role in teaching and coaching employees the base culture as a company. The hardest part of the job was getting money to our bottom line when much of the budgeted money was used so often for R & M for all of the things wrong with the old building that we were in. I enjoyed most creating a comfortable, professional, and fun environment for the team. I was always coming up with ways to make sure everyone actually wanted to come to work each day. Putting our key desired results and culture on the table for the whole team to put in ideas on how to adhere to them and feel appreciated enough to strive to do more.
Pros
Health insurance, 401k, paid vacation, overall benefits
Cons
Company not expanding they were closing doors to many stores
very time consuming
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2017
Its hard to review this company because I was learning a whole new style of managing. Everything there was documented and logged daily. Kept the staff and management busy
Pros
held people accountable
Cons
micro managed
A great learning experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIAugust 20, 2017
A typical day at work was unpredictable. I learned a lot of improvising skills, tolerance and patience. Management didn't seem to work as a team, but they tried their best. The culture of this environment wasn't well established. The hardest part of the job was coexisting with other ill trained employees. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was the hours were great.
Good place to work.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 18, 2017
Good place to work especially for a first job. Server Job is great because it's fun and you get paid in tips. Good place to advance if you are a good worker.
I miss Lonestar
Cook/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHAugust 13, 2017
It was a first job in the food industry. Great people, great times. Everyone got work done, then hung out afterwards. Real team experience. Sadly Lonestar is no longer a thing.
Busy, fun work atmosphere
Server /Hostess (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 10, 2017
Hours were great for my schedule outside of work. Management team worked well together. Everyone seemed to get along very well, and work well as a team.
It was a fun place to work, food was top priority side by side with guest service.
Assistant Manager / Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 8, 2017
Food and service was intense and the training program was one of the best I have ever seen. The company was young and aggressive
the upper management was always involved in providing information to help each manager grow in their job giving support.
Pros
fun and fast great food with outstanding service.
Cons
the company grew too fast and ended up closing.
good food
Server (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 8, 2017
working with good people , working with food , having good customer service and being fast . i learned how to take orders and customer service, how to handle food appropriately , management was decent , hardest part of the job was being busy and having to many tables. the most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with and getting the discount on the food
Love the smell of fresh wood
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 6, 2017
Day starts off by counting steak and checking shelf life. Then cutting fresh steaks for service for lunch and dinner. Making sure line check is being done and prep list for the cooks for lunch. Then the same thing for dinner after the lunch rush.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9