Lone Star Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILDecember 2, 2016
I worked for Lone Star for several years. First as a server, then as a Shiftleader and now a manager. Overall, I LOVE my job. If I could keep this job with less hours, I'd be a happy girl.
Pros
Way to many to list
Cons
Hours
Fun
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 1, 2016
Everyone at Lonestar are very friendly and flexible. Understanding, the majority of us are college students. I love working there, beyond grateful I have a job there. It is such a positive and uplifting environment which is idly what every college student needs while working in college. Having the casino right next to us makes us have the upper hand on any other serving job in Mount Pleasant. I would highly recommend working at Lonestar if ever given the opportunity. It's not just a job anymore, I'm going to hang out with some of the best friendships i've developed and happened to be working at the same time.
Pros
Laughter, structure
closed down
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 29, 2016
closed down and went out of business. stress full work place pay was petty and raises were handed out sparingly. the one down to earth manager was let go for a corporate robot.
A great job for school aged
Server (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCNovember 25, 2016
The staff was wonderful when it came to listening and doing there job description. The room for advancement is there but takes awhile. If they are overstaffed they will find a reason to get rid of you, even a simple mistake.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Was great when home cooked not frozen
Fast Paced and fun.
Service & Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 23, 2016
Clientele and guests were amazing.
Staff was fun to work with and most were very flexible in their schedules.
Corporate staff was very helpful.
Too much drama
Server (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNNovember 17, 2016
There was entirely too much drama that came along with working at Lonestar. The service wasn't always trained well and with the way the restaurant was run by the managers tips were not great. The biggest complaint was the drama and the lack of the manager putting a stop to it.
Loved
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 7, 2016
Working there in highschool was so wonderful. I made employee of the month got 2 raises. I loved that place. sad they went out of business.
Fun work enviroment with a great culture and family atmosphere.
Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 15, 2016
I spent 8 years working with this company and met some of the best and most important people. The company has an amazing culture and is very family orientated. I grew up and learned a lot of life lesson's that formed me into the woman I am today.
Great, fun place to work
Server/Trainer/Shift Manager/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 6, 2016
I have served at Lone Star for nearly 3 years, and it is likely the best, most fun place to work, mainly because the team is so welcoming and fun, too! The management is fair, the sidework is not too overbearing, and the guests tip pretty decently.
Pros
Great team atmosphere and company culture
Cons
Corporate management does not do ANY outside advertising, and it's beginning to show in sales volumes.
Confusing
Server, (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILOctober 4, 2016
Nothing is consistent. Always changing ideas between management which make for a very confusing environment to work in. Other then that its a great place to learn patience.
professional work environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 26, 2016
always have a fun time at work. Food tastes good and the guests are great!! they are always flexible with your schedule. There is always room for advancement.
Pros
nice times
Cons
only open nights!
Fast paced, quickly changing environment. Fun co-workers.
Certified Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoy the ever-changing environment at Lone Star. Between the recent new menu changes and hours of operations to the new management training we've endured there is always something new to learn and people to meet. Because of all the changes Lone Star has made, it has diversified me in different areas of expertise. One of the hardest parts of this job has been relaying all the changes to our guests and making adjustments to accommodate them. However, because of these obstacles I am more proficient in guest recovery, problem solving, working under pressure, and providing a positive experience for every guest no matter the changing conditions.
Fun and productive place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 22, 2016
I worked this job during my younger years. It is a perfect part-time job for those still in high school. You are constantly in contact with guests and work side by side with managers
Pros
perfect for high school jobs
Cons
Not the best pay
Productive fun workplace!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 12, 2016
I love working for Lonestar steak house! I always have fun when I come into work. My team makes it feel like one big family. Nights get busy and we all work together as a team to push through any rush or long ticket times.
Pros
fun and friendly co workers and staff
Cons
going only to night hours
steaks
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 1, 2016
great place to eat a steak. working there had its challenges but i did learn a lot that made me a better manager. times got rough but you learned how to work through them.
Pros
great food
Cons
shifts could get rough
produtive
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OH 44070September 1, 2016
my typical day at work was greating, seating people, getting drinks, cleaning tables. i learned how to be around people and being friendly and kind, and how to also be productive at the same time. the managment was great, and the people were great to work with and co-workers. The hardest time was on a busy day, but i also enjoyed being busy and always having something to do.
A unique experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCAugust 23, 2016
Lone Star is an up and coming company. The quality of life is good and you get to work with great people. I would recommend this coming to anyone looking for a job.
Not so good
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCAugust 17, 2016
I worked here at the time honestly because it was a job. I did not enjoy it but some of my co-workers helped make the days not so miserable. Management was poor and unfair.
Good company, gone too soon
HOST (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 17, 2016
I hosted at Lonestar for a little under a year before they went out of business. I bussed tables, washed dishes and generally did whatever it was that management wanted me to do.
Closed
Shift Leader/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 8, 2016
Lone Star Steakhouse was a great place to work up until the time that it closed. The food was great, the servers were fun coworkers, and management was fun.

2.9