Lone Star Steakhouse Employee Reviews

It was a fun place to work, food was top priority side by side with guest service.
Assistant Manager / Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 8, 2017
Food and service was intense and the training program was one of the best I have ever seen. The company was young and aggressive
the upper management was always involved in providing information to help each manager grow in their job giving support.
Pros
fun and fast great food with outstanding service.
Cons
the company grew too fast and ended up closing.
good food
Server (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 8, 2017
working with good people , working with food , having good customer service and being fast . i learned how to take orders and customer service, how to handle food appropriately , management was decent , hardest part of the job was being busy and having to many tables. the most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with and getting the discount on the food
Love the smell of fresh wood
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 6, 2017
Day starts off by counting steak and checking shelf life. Then cutting fresh steaks for service for lunch and dinner. Making sure line check is being done and prep list for the cooks for lunch. Then the same thing for dinner after the lunch rush.
Fun restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2017
This company no longer exists. It was a fun serving job with western/Texas cowboy themed restaurants. Made many friends from the fun work environment.
Easy
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2017
This was one of the easiest Kitchen Manager positions that I have ever had mostly because I worked in steak houses before and it came natural to me. They have all closed in AZ
Face paced
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2017
I worked for this company for many years. It is a very fast paced workplace. My co-workers were outgoing and the also helped the day to go by faster. Overall it was a OK company to work for.
work conditions
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJuly 31, 2017
they do not provide any benefits, they are not good on giving hours because they don't want to have to pay their employees past 20 hours a week, management depends on which location you work at
Fast working pace with a great team to work with
server (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILJuly 26, 2017
Nice team that is willing to help you whenever you feel stressed. Management is always there for you whenever you need assistance. Fast pace job with little time to spare.
Pros
Meals are half off on days you work
Cons
Usually no breaks
Great company but lost its way
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 26, 2017
The changes during my tenure demoralized the management staff due to programs that were not well thought out. Vice President did not listen to what was really happening with the affects of programs dictated to the operations. Some of the programs caused morale and loss of great staff members.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Direction of the concept
Fun place to work, decent food,
Food-server (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 25, 2017
Poor ownership. Doors are closed. The place was packed for years and slowly it was ran into the ground. The food quality was great and became mediocre because of poor ownership.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Owners let it go down the tubes

Want to know more about Lone Star Steakhouse?

Ask a question
job
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeJuly 14, 2017
The job was great at first and then it closed down, I think it had so much potential and could and maybe would have been a wonderful place to work had it not closed
Productive and very fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJuly 14, 2017
I learned so many new and valuable skills during my time at Lone Star. I was able to move up in my job position after one year of working. The workplace culture was very fast paced and busy. I loved being able to greet our guests everyday!
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Great food
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 6, 2017
Lonestar Steak House had very good food and all the waiters were very nice people! It was also very slow even on the weekends it would sometimes be slow.
Pros
Good food
Cons
not enough people went to eat there
my favorite job ever !!!
Hostess, Server, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 5, 2017
I would love coming into work, all of us were like family. I learned a lot about family, working together as a team, learned different types of steaks. Our managers were like our older brothers, they were well informed of our menus and if we had questions they would not hesitate to answer them. The hardest part was leaving to go home after a days work. I love how we could joke, how we could dress up for holidays or special events. I honestly felt like we were a family there.
Pros
food was great!
Cons
we closed down
Fun and Exciting
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 4, 2017
I was an opener and closer here as well. The management here was excellent and I had great coworkers. Branson is a very busy place so everyday was fast paced but I enjoyed the challenges and loved excelling. This the store I learned to be a server and how to excel in the service industry.
The job had it's challenges but was most enjoyable
"HEAD" BARTENDER/ WAITRESS/SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 2, 2017
I don't think I ever had a typical day there. Every day was different. Things could change in a second, for example a cook not showing so I went from bartending to cook in an instant (because I had the skills to do all jobs in the store). Though I was responsible for half of the tables in the restaurant and all seats at the bar. I also had to fix all drinks for customers and for other employees customers. I also was responsible for taking to-go orders and getting them together. I also was responsible for keeping an eye on the front door.
I learned a lot more patience. I learned that I made more as a bartender/waitress so I quit managing though I continued helping out doing management duties and stepping in where needed. I continued taking inventory for them till the day I left!
The work place culture had room for improvements.
The hardest part of this job, well, it had it's own little issues. Though nothing I couldn't handle.
The most enjoyable part of the job were my clients! I built my own clientele, where customers came in and requested me!! Also, I had a family at my job with my co-workers!!!
Pros
We were rewarded for are achievements.
Cons
Sometimes things were so crazy you never got a breather!
Worklife
Waiter & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2017
My Co-Workers were amazing! The environment and the team leads and the management had no idea what they were doing. They would hire anyone off the street with no work experience and make them a manager over the employees there have been there for years. No wonder they all shut down!
Excellent place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Lonestar the culture was professional and well balanced with fun. Unfortunately the Myrtle Beach stores went out of business. Recommend.
Great First Job
Host and Busser (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 24, 2017
This one of my first jobs ever when I was in high school. It gave me a sense of money management, time management, and interpersonal relationships. as well as day to day business operations. Management was really reasonable with scheduling around school events as well as family events.

It was a job... had the bad days, had the good days.
Hosting and bussing were probably the easiest things to do.
Pros
Fun, easy
Cons
low pay
all around alright
Bus Boy/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Bacliff, TXJune 20, 2017
gets busy sometimes and gets into a rush but if you need a job its worth it. people are very easy to get along with at the job and you can move positions to certain desires
Pros
discounts on lunch
Cons
paid every 2 or 3 weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9