Lone Star Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Highschool job
Server (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCMarch 20, 2016
I worked here during my last year In highschool. I loved waiting tables, I loved the people that would come in and sit at my section. Met some of the coolest and strangest people I could imagine and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Standing and walking for long periods of time
Cons
The guests
Closed
Shift Leader/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 8, 2016
Lone Star Steakhouse was a great place to work up until the time that it closed. The food was great, the servers were fun coworkers, and management was fun.
Fun environment.
Server, Hostess, Prep (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALFebruary 7, 2016
This job is flexible although you have no idea of how much money you will make for the night. It also allowed me to gain some experience in my field of study on a lower level.
Pros
You work with a diverse group of people. Flexible schedule. Ideal for college students.
Cons
Pay depends not only on the reputation of the restaurant but the consumers as well.
Not so good
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCAugust 17, 2016
I worked here at the time honestly because it was a job. I did not enjoy it but some of my co-workers helped make the days not so miserable. Management was poor and unfair.
LoneStar Steakhouse
Host (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 14, 2016
During high school I was a hostess at Lonestar Steakhouse and I did enjoy it. It gave me extra money during the school year but it was slower than most steakhouses.
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 11, 2016
Upper Management sets realistic goals, work environment very supportive. Reasonable schedule, just like any other Management jobs there are occaisional long weeks, but if you manage your location and get systems in place qualityof life is good
Pros
Lone Star does not micromanage.
Cons
Unpaid and very late bonus checks
Location of restaraunt affected business.
Server (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 2, 2016
Lonestar Steak House is very calm early hours in the day, business proceeds to pick up throughout the evening. It has a very nice bar with a variety of drinks. My management team was hardworking and full of energy. My overall experience was great, gave me the chanceto learn steaks,and alchoholic beverages.
Pros
50% off on the clock, 25% off any other time.
Cons
Lack of teamwork
It was okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAApril 22, 2016
Typical Management position except you will be dealing with corporate more than the actual customers. Corporate does not trust its managers to run the restaurant. More like a puppet.
I loved working for Lone Star
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 9, 2016
I enjoyed my ten years with the company. I learned a lot about managing staff and managers. Best part was being able to travel to new locations with the company,
People are great!
SHIFT LEADER/BARTENDER/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 22, 2016
The management and staff work together well and although could use more technology to simplify the process, was very well ran. Food was also made fresh with great products.
Loved working here
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 17, 2016
Lone star was a great place to work the work day was fast paced , training was constant, was able to travel to different locations and learn from other managers
Pros
learned new skills
Cons
no home life
very fun work environment
server,bartender,service trainer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHMarch 31, 2016
I loved my job here and that I was able to advance and learn new skills. I took care of customer service of my own as well as managing the service staff
Very fast paced environment with a great management team.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 21, 2016
I think that this is a great steakhouse to learn to serve at, which is what I am currently doing. Everyone is extremely helpful and don't get mad if I make a mistake or cannot figure something out.
It was a great fun place to work
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTFebruary 24, 2016
I worked as a server and enjoyed it. We had a great team and would do it again in a second. Can be busy on the weekends but you can make good money.
Pros
Easy shifts and flexiabilty
Cons
Managers changed too many times
I already did this
Temporary / On-Call Lead Scribe/ Travel Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 21, 2016
I was already asked to do a review for this company. You become part of a family. The hardest part was dealing with occasional unprofessionalism.
Productive and Family Environment!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNFebruary 15, 2016
I loved Working at Lone Star Steakhouse but unfortunately i wasn't getting the pay i needed to support myself. I was a Hostess working in Elizabethon, Tennessee.
fun and fast paced
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VASeptember 29, 2015
Great place to work, managers are friendly and understanding. I am afraid with the opening of other steakhouses it will soon close the doors. The company has made terrible cutbacks to deal with the lost of business. One of the major being it used to be a place where you can order a steak anyway wanted and the butcher would cut it, now its all prepackaged steaks and the lack of quality is definitely noticed .
Pros
employees are a friendly
Cons
dont know how long they will stay open
Bonus structure gone
HOSPITALITY SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 23, 2015
Bonus is based completely upon things that management cannot change although we are trained to act as owner/operators, this is not possible. No bonus over 5.00 in 2 years, yet expected to work more hours than ever.The culture is hurry and give 200% while we figure out how to take 50 more%.
Pros
Team building ability
Cons
Lazy GM that gets all our credit, no bonus paid, high expectations, all great numbers and up in sales, .yet not one dollar in bonus or even a half day extra off!!
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAAugust 22, 2015
greeted and sat guests, controlled estimated waitlists to explain to guests, rolled silverware, bus tables, checked restrooms for cleanliness and restock toiletries. Assisted waiters during busy nights with their guests (e.g. run food and/or drinks as well as greet table for assistance of waiter or waitress since him or her would be trying to speed process of customer service to their other tables).
Pros
Excellent teamwork and managers
Cons
worked too little hours...barely 40... eventually went out of business
Great people, great atmosphere
Bartender, Server, and service trainer (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonAugust 20, 2015
Lone Star has been my home for over 2 years. I've learned so much about myself as I progressed from host, to server, to service trainer, to bartender, and eventually bar trainer. The people I've met along the way will remain friends for life. I feel as though working in the service industry provided me with a level of patience and understanding when interacting with such a wide range of the public that I could not reach in any other job field. I will always be thankful for what Lone Star has taught me and will miss this job as I move to a new state.
Pros
Coworkers are family, half-price on the most delicious food!
Cons
Our store was in-between managers most of the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9