Lone Star Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Great training program. Learned how to break down loins of beef IE;Sirloins, Rib eyes, Strips and Tenderloins. hardest part of the job was the great emphasis on a culture of matching personalities to management styles.
Pros
Casual management style.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 23, 2017
As a hostess, I had so many people walk in and ask how many years has Lone Star been open. When I would tell them about 8 years, they had this look of disbelief. They could not believe we had been open that long because the place looked so clean.
I loved my job, the atmosphere was great, and the people were even better. When I became a server, I loved getting to talk to the people and getting their story. It was always so interesting to hear the different things people did with their life.
Pros
Atmosphere, clean environment
Cons
None that I can think of
Not a stable company
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 22, 2017
Typical work week is 5-7 10-12 hour days a week. Very little stability or security. Bills are going unpaid for months--forced to pay vendors on a COD basis. Very easy work, although. Most difficult part is mental (dealing with vendors and no assistance from Corp).
Pros
Easy Work, Good People
Cons
No Security
Productive place to learn and grow
Hourly Manager/Bartender (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 18, 2017
At Lonestar Steakhouse you are given the tools to not only succeed on your own path but also to grow your own personal skills as well as learning new skills. The management was always happy to help and teach and was patient with their employees.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No breaks
Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Steady flow of customers due to high volume tourist area. great people. straightforward and payed pretty well. great opportunity to enter the restaurant business
Great working staff for younger age, college age persons
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 11, 2017
I started as a server in 1997, cross trained to be able to work wherever they needed. Advanced to a shift employee early in 2000 learned office procedures and took care of safe audit and daily banking. Oversee the employees and the operations of store. I took a management position in summer of 2000. Worked as kitchen manager for one year, decided to step down on my own due to working too many hours. I had young children and did not get to spend the time with them that is required of a mom.
Continued on as a shift employee so still doing the same job just not as a salaried employee. I loved the job and over the years changes have been made, but a corporate decision to change our operation hours put a huge damper in my schedule that I had worked for many, many years! Hours more than cut in half.
Pros
50% off lunches day of work
Cons
very short or no breaks
Great store, small company
Hostess, Waitress, Bartender, and Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 9, 2017
I have been working at Lone Star since I was 16. I love the restraunt I work for and the people I work with. I have advanced so much in the past 6 1/2 years, from host to shift manager.
Pros
great staff
Cons
slow business
Fast-paced, but fun.
Hostess/To-Go/Food Runner/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at Lonestar Steakhouse. I held many titles while working here. I liked being able to work in different areas of the restaurant.
Was not happy with working here at all.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 4, 2017
The management had no idea what they were doing. We had a new worker every week just about. Restaurant was not busy and it wasn't enjoyable working there
Fun and educational work experience
Line Cook/ Boh Trainer/ Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 4, 2017
Great workplace, learned meatcutting skills and managerial skills, friendly and helpfull managment staff, top quality product and equipment, scheduled hours were at a minimum.
Great atmosphere and great food, but average management team
Server (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 2, 2017
The general atmosphere of the restaurant is excellent, and all of the menu items are delicious and visually pleasing. There is generally no drama or tension between any coworkers, which is very nice. That provides a good environment for a person to learn and grow in, while being part of a supportive team. The management, however, lacks stability and discipline. Management has changed 4 times in the 10 months I have been employed here. No employee gets written up or in trouble for unacceptable behaviors such as tardiness, repeated tardiness, no-call-no-show's, insubordination, etc. The most enjoyable part of this job is definitely being able to provide your guest with a delicious meal and a great atmosphere. Our guests make my job very enjoyable, and it is rewarding to see them satisfied.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Strict dress code
Fun Great Environment
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 28, 2016
This location had amazing management. Great staff. Flexibility with school schedule or other jobs. Enjoyed line dancing on the hour every hour!
great
COOK (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 23, 2016
one of the funnest jobs ive ever had. the food I prepared was all fresh nothing frozen. management was awesome from other coworker to management. I love it there
Pros
Great food at a really good discount
Cons
location
Not fun or enjoyable
Busser/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Clayton ncDecember 18, 2016
Not very organized also to many people were hired in my position cutting work hours. It was almost like a high school with the amount of drama that was between many servers which effected the productivity of work causing many to fall behind
Pros
25% off meal up to 4 people
Cons
Employees had a lot of drama
fun place to work
server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 13, 2016
i enjoyed working with my coworkers,for the most part the atmosphere was good .and for the most part you can make decent money .
Management and their actions left MUCH to be desired.
Server (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 10, 2016
The Lone Star location I worked for seemed to take their employees for granted, including yelling at many, even when undeserved. They also were not above dropping a steak on the unclean kitchen floor, throwing it back on the grill for a minute and then serving it to a customer. If your employees won't eat the food, that says something. And not something good.

They also refused to close the restaurant when raw sewage was backing-up through the grates in the kitchen floor.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
Nasty management. Unsafe food handling.
fun environment to work nice and productive
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 9, 2016
I liked the environment at Lonestar. I got to meet different people being a hostess and a waitress. I would provide my guest with the best service.
great coworkers, enjoyable employment
Server (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 8, 2016
i got to meet new people and made great friendships with my coworkers. was my first serving job and learned how to meet each individuals needs and make them feel comfortable and enjoy themselves.
Pros
friendships, easy schedule
Cons
boss, kitchen
Really slow, expected to do everything.
saute'/grill (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALDecember 5, 2016
I started on a Friday night. I was hardly shown how to make the appetizer, but already having previous experience in larger restaurants I was able to make my first night something that ill remember. As far as managers we really didn't have managers. Company made alot of short cuts. And there slogan was "fake it till you make it". I was expected to close dish, and the appetizer station. The general Manager at the time didn't believe in having a dishwasher full time. They closed for a remodel, but I don't know if there going to reopen. They were suppose to open back up in nov. Now all it says is 2017
Fun work environment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILDecember 2, 2016
I worked for Lone Star for several years. First as a server, then as a Shiftleader and now a manager. Overall, I LOVE my job. If I could keep this job with less hours, I'd be a happy girl.
Pros
Way to many to list
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9