This position provides Sourcing & Procurement support in the planning, development & execution of sustaining projects for LSMS
Tasks and responsibilities
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of LSMS principles and values; champions safety as necessary
- Develops and maintains sustainable relationships and partnerships with Project Engineering, Business Development, project vendors, other internal and external stakeholders.
- Active member in budgetary project planning and development of Contracting Strategies.
- Ensures the timely execution of projects and on time delivery of goods and equipment, which are in line with Procurement contracts and in compliance with LSMS Strategy/Policies & Principles.
- Negotiates the goods and services for all projects and administers contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
- Leads pre-bid meetings between Engineering and suppliers in order to provide a clear scope and expectations for projects.
- Prepares bid proposal documents, analyzes bids, creates comparative tables, business cases and provides a recommendation for all projects.
- Reviews requisitions and prepares purchase orders for project team.
- Evaluates suppliers based on meeting values, Code of Conduct, safety requirements, price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities.
- Development and maintenance of project contracts to ensure risk is mitigated and LSMS promotes the development of sustainable partnerships with vendors and protects company from legal implications.
- Confers with staff, users, and vendors to correct the delivery of defective or unacceptable goods or services; determines appropriate corrective action.
- Evaluates and monitors contract performance; ensures compliance with contractual obligations; determines necessary changes for improvement of supplier partners & internal processes.
- Interviews and visits vendors and suppliers; examines and learns about products, services and prices available from vendors and suppliers for continuous improvement of preferred vendors.
- Reviews product specifications; maintains working knowledge of technical specifications for the goods or services to be purchased.
- Monitors changes affecting supply and demand; tracks market conditions, price trends, and futures markets for applicable commodities.
- Contributes to the development of processes and tools to further improve efficiencies within Project Sourcing and Procurement.
- Implements LSMS Policies & Principles within Project Sourcing Procurement.
- Attends appropriate meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions, and seminars
- Monitors and reviews Company procurement system to ensure system integrity
- Ensures all purchasing within assigned project(s) are done with the highest standards on professional ethics and acts as role model towards Project Team.
- Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position
- Monitors and follows applicable laws and regulations
- 5-10 years related Sourcing & Procurement project experience.
- 3 – 7 years related experience in an oil, gas, or chemical company, terminal facility or similar industry preferred
- College degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Advanced degree, MBA or equivalent helpful
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard