Long Beach City College Employee Reviews in United States

Overall good place to work and go to school
Mail services student assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Convert books into audio for the visually and auditory impaired students. Also, deliver mail and other important documents. My manager was really nice and understanding of my need to do school work.
fun work place
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2015
Being a volleyball coach is amazing. you get to work with so many different levels of volleyball players. Working with the staff that I had was awesome, we had a bond like no other. The hardest part for me would be having to resolve any drama that the girls had lol and let me tell you its not easy trying to make amends with these girls. Lol. But I manage to and it was the best experience ever. I've learned to handle it head on and resolve it before it got any worse, the girls understood that it was a team effort and whatever they did off the court would eventually affect them on the court. So if they had an issue they would pull one another aside and let that person know and fix it.
Pros
Being able to do what you love, especially if its your favorite sport!
Cons
no cons
LBCC was a great place to work
Peer Advisor/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 7, 2015
Working with financially and academically disadvantaged students was very fulfilling. When teaching something and you see a light bulb go off it is very, very rewarding.
Pros
teaching
Cons
bad apples
great learning experience
RN Student (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 25, 2015
teaches core nursing skills and critical thinking skills
educates on importance of patient and nurse's safety
teaches discipline and assertiveness
used evidence based research
Orem's theory was used throughout the program
Long Beach City College
Student Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 2, 2015
I had worked with Long Beach City College for more than 3 years. The department where I was working at had a diverse group of individuals. Their work ethics are in line with the community (students and staff), and the overall community college staffs are supportive of the student workers.

Expect to learn and build your skills because the staff here are wonderful, patient, and again professional. The Directors are great listeners and problem solvers. I believe that my time at Long Beach City College was an opportunity of a lifetime.

Thank you.
Pros
Participate in school activities.
Cons
Teamwork is a must, for projects to be completed.
Productive and fun educational enviroment
Part-Time Student - In Progress (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 28, 2015
Fun, workload, beautiful atmosphere, food, and study, study, study, is what you get at LBCC. It's a sure limelight and with all the campuses easy and flexible resources, it's sure to have a good time learning and getting closer to a better me.
school.
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 18, 2015
nice place, i dont know what else to say about my college.... i really do not know. Everything is air conditioned. And the people are friendly
had lots of toys
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El SegundoApril 15, 2015
our crew was in charge of bring in merchandising for gallery step for customer of variety companies, loading and unloading light travel pick up and customer service
Pros
free lunch, exculsive toys, behind sence
Cons
late working nights and some day not working
Productive, goal driven, student-oriented institution
Adjunct Substitute Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 11, 2015
Long Beach City College is a great institution with positive student success at the forefront of their educational philosophy. I enjoy being part of the success story of students who transition from this institution to a four-year university.
Merit System Hiring
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 24, 2015
When polices are not equally administered throughout the organization it is difficult to operate as part of the management team/confidentials.

Want to know more about Long Beach City College?

Ask a question
a well-situated and pleasant campus; diverse student body
hourly instructor (Former Employee) –  Liberal Arts Campus nr. LakewoodFebruary 19, 2015
Part-time instructors mostly plan and teach their classes on their own; there is an instruction technology dev't center near the library, which is a good place to prep for classes and keep records. The campus is fairly well laid out and most students and staff are friendly. LIke most community colleges, its facilities are not nearly on the scale of a full-size university and they don't actively promote professional development or research.
Pros
administrative staff's helpful, especially tech support
Cons
foreign lang. dept. is confining and communication among teachers could stand improvement
Nice people decent pay
Senior Office Assistant-Limited Term Employee-Term (Former Employee) –  LAC at Long Beach City CollegeFebruary 19, 2015
Loved working here even if I was a temp. Great instructors, staff, and instructors. Depending on where you work, hours can be flexible.
Pros
great environment
Cons
parking and traffic around the school can be a pain.
Great opportunity for growth
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long BeachJanuary 8, 2015
Great company working with staff and students. Friendly environment, flexible schedules. Helpful team members for assistance in educational goals.
Instructor, Political Science (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 27, 2014
Great place to work! Friendly, hardworking staff. Few motivated students. Pacific Coast Campus needs further facility improvements.
Gained experienced while still attending school
Student Assistance (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 8, 2014
Nothing bad to say about working here the only downside was the pay. Everyone I worked with at the time where very welcoming and nice.
Pros
worked at school, discounts and fair schedule
Cons
no benefits, low pay
The student life at Long Beach City College
Student (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 2, 2014
A typical day on this campus consists of going to class; where depending on the teacher and course one is taking, affects what exactly goes on throughout that day.

As a student, I still continue to grow and expand my knowledge.

The management in this campus seems to be doing very well, the school appears to be right where it's supposed to be.

My peers at this school are nice people to encounter and grow with, both in the literal and metaphorical sense.

I'd have to say that the hardest part of being a student is having to find a common ground with personal life and school life in a sense of having enough time to do both things well.

The most enjoyable part would have to be the growth it involves, the surroundings,encounters and knowledge gained.
Pros
education
fun classroom environment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 5, 2014
For my job as a peer mantor for LBCC, i would assist teachers by either helping highscool students one on one ore leading activies in class. I would also held with desk with like making copies, typing and, data entry. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was leading competative group activities against other teams with peer mentors. The Managemant and co-workers were all fun profesonal and encuraging.
Pros
making friends
Cons
not too many hours
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 7, 2014
Assisted a student with a learning disability, interact with another tutor who was assigned to the same student as mine. I love how I was able to help a student progress further in his studies.
Pros
enjoyable
Great place to teach
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 23, 2014
Great place to work, enjoyed working with my coworkers. Great nursing program, would recommend to students looking for a nursing program.
Long Beach City College
Computer Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 4, 2014
Great placeto go to school. Great instructors who overall care about your learning experince. Most of the students are very nice and have never experinced any problems on the LAC campus.

4.2