Long Beach City College Employee Reviews

Nice Place to be a part time instructor
Part time course instructor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 7, 2017
But I worked here in the 1980's. Who knows what it's like now? Back then, the only way to get hired full time was to get a teaching credential, which I wasn't gonna do.
Pros
Teaching is Fun
Cons
Modest Pay for Temporary Work
Long Beach City College
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 30, 2017
Typical work day would consist of trouble shooting computer issues, assisting in moving printers and other computer equipment. Sorting through mail, and try to be efficient with multiple technical equipment.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good interaction with coworkers.
Cons
No real chance permanent job.
Part time employee
Accounting Technician II (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 27, 2017
Allowed me to have a work-life balance but the positions are not many that allow for such. I thought they were flexible with the schedule I set for myself, sometimes allowing me to work other days to make up for the time. I worked 18 hours. I could’ve worked a little more but I believe working more hours would’ve required I be provided with medical insurance. Although I did have enough work to get me over the medical insurance threshold, they would not grant it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Part time employees not offered healthcare
fun workplace
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90808November 8, 2017
A typical day at work is good
I learn to many culture and math
Management is good
The hardest part of the job some student didn't understand math
The most enjoyable part of the job the student understand math
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work, was to administer various assessment tools to help determine what classes a student would need to take to achieve their career goals. I learned although a student may have a career goal in mind, there may be barriers preventing him or her in reaching his or her full potential. Very relaxed atmosphere, and stressful at times, when addressing employment barriers. The most enjoyable part of the job were the students and the my co-workers. We worked as a team.
impactful, necessary, and influential
Lecturer and Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 26, 2017
Opportunity of a lifetime to make an impact and provide essential information to prospective foster, kin, and adoptive parents. Assist them in their perspective, skills, understanding of the enormous need to provide safe and caring homelike environment to children at risk.
Pros
food as need, resources available
Cons
attendance issues
It was an honor to be selected to teach at LBCC
Education Specialist, Reading (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 16, 2017
I absolutely loved working there because it was a dream come true. I was compensated fairly and the students were very kind. I learned so much from the Professors and my technical skills increased dramatically. Thank you
Productive and Flexible work place
Electrical Student Aide (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 15, 2017
I love the flexibility, but the pay isn't so great. My typical day consist of assisting classroom instructors with daily task. Responsible for issuing and returning of electrical tools and equipment from students.
Productive and fun workplace.
Librarian/Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 8, 2017
Working at the Periodicals in the library was productive and fun because there was always something to do. While working at the periodicals I process, magazines, newspapers, journals, and articles.
great place to work
COLLEGE COMMUNITY EDUCATION ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 3, 2017
great place to work with friendly coworkers and bosses. there is lots of room to move up in the company. the culture of the work place is great, everyone is family.
Student Lounge/ Student Help
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 23, 2017
The student lounge is where you come to get information about programs on campus and take your id photo. It was also the place to hang with friends between classes or eat some lunch and or play games.
Bookstore
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 7, 2017
Bookstore was a fun job to have in campus. Not too many hours. Just enough to work and go to school. Beautiful campus, friendly people. Good hours and minimal work
Respectful place to meet people.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 4, 2017
It is a peaceful place where I have learned a lot about different cultures and as I learn I grow as a person. It is amazing being around enjoyable people.
Pros
I can study while working, flexible schedule, respectful place, as a student we have the opportunity to work and gain experince
Cons
as a student assistant during regular semester we do not have all required hours for part time, and no medical benefits.
Great experience good time.
Student (Former Employee) –  4901 east Carson st. Long Beach Ca. 90808June 30, 2017
Interaction is great a big diversity of people. Great opportunity to learn new things and obtain new skills. Environment is safe, fun and defiantly friendly.
Pros
calm and peaceful
Working at Lon Beach City College
Library student helper (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 29, 2017
Working at LBCC wasn't all that bad i would just say that find some work you would actually like doing. Instead of getting a job just for having a job.
Pros
Great pay, keeps you out of trouble, great work experience
Great experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 28, 2017
Great work environment. Flexible with my school schedule. I was able to gain valuable experience and even travel out of town with the team. Definitely a fun experience.
Pros
No monotonous tasks
Cons
only get paid once a month
Great place to work as a student
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 28, 2017
I've worked here since I started school here and it's very relaxed and provides a great environment for focusing on school. The managers are great and the staff are all friendly.
GREAT place to work
Staffing Director of Job Development (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 21, 2017
small school with friendly staff. I worked here for several years and would recommend this school for working or attending.

Check it out. you will like it
productive
MSC Student worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 15, 2017
Long Beach City College Success Centers allows for College students to work part time and still stay focused on their studies without slacking and having to travel.
meeting new pople
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 8, 2017
I worked in the library at the school. I was assigned to work the front desk checking in & out books, cash handling, and work in the reservation room.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
nothing