Long Beach City College

Long Beach City College Employee Reviews

school.
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 18, 2015
nice place, i dont know what else to say about my college.... i really do not know. Everything is air conditioned. And the people are friendly
had lots of toys
Customer Service (Former Employee), El SegundoApril 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch, exculsive toys, behind sence
Cons: late working nights and some day not working
our crew was in charge of bring in merchandising for gallery step for customer of variety companies, loading and unloading light travel pick up and customer service
Productive, goal driven, student-oriented institution
Adjunct Substitute Spanish Instructor (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 11, 2015
Long Beach City College is a great institution with positive student success at the forefront of their educational philosophy. I enjoy being part of the success story of students who transition from this institution to a four-year university.
Merit System Hiring
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 24, 2015
When polices are not equally administered throughout the organization it is difficult to operate as part of the management team/confidentials.
a well-situated and pleasant campus; diverse student body
hourly instructor (Former Employee), Liberal Arts Campus nr. LakewoodFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: administrative staff's helpful, especially tech support
Cons: foreign lang. dept. is confining and communication among teachers could stand improvement
Part-time instructors mostly plan and teach their classes on their own; there is an instruction technology dev't center near the library, which is a good place to prep for classes and keep records. The campus is fairly well laid out and most students and staff are friendly. LIke most community colleges, its facilities are not nearly on the scale of a full-size university and they don't actively promote professional development or research.
Nice people decent pay
Senior Office Assistant-Limited Term Employee-Term (Former Employee), LAC at Long Beach City CollegeFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: parking and traffic around the school can be a pain.
Loved working here even if I was a temp. Great instructors, staff, and instructors. Depending on where you work, hours can be flexible.
Great opportunity for growth
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Long BeachJanuary 8, 2015
Great company working with staff and students. Friendly environment, flexible schedules. Helpful team members for assistance in educational goals.
Instructor, Political Science (Current Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 27, 2014
Great place to work! Friendly, hardworking staff. Few motivated students. Pacific Coast Campus needs further facility improvements.
Gained experienced while still attending school
Student Assistance (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: worked at school, discounts and fair schedule
Cons: no benefits, low pay
Nothing bad to say about working here the only downside was the pay. Everyone I worked with at the time where very welcoming and nice.
The student life at Long Beach City College
Student (Current Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: education
A typical day on this campus consists of going to class; where depending on the teacher and course one is taking, affects what exactly goes on throughout that day.

As a student, I still continue to grow and expand my knowledge.

The management in this campus seems to be doing very well, the school appears to be right where it's supposed to be.

My peers at this school are nice people to encounter and grow with, both in the literal and metaphorical sense.

I'd have to say that the hardest part of being a student is having to find a common ground with personal life and school life in a sense of having enough time to do both things well.

The most enjoyable part would have to be the growth it involves, the surroundings,encounters and knowledge gained.
fun classroom environment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: making friends
Cons: not too many hours
For my job as a peer mantor for LBCC, i would assist teachers by either helping highscool students one on one ore leading activies in class. I would also held with desk with like making copies, typing and, data entry. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was leading competative group activities against other teams with peer mentors. The Managemant and co-workers were all fun profesonal and encuraging.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: enjoyable
Assisted a student with a learning disability, interact with another tutor who was assigned to the same student as mine. I love how I was able to help a student progress further in his studies.
Great place to teach
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 23, 2014
Great place to work, enjoyed working with my coworkers. Great nursing program, would recommend to students looking for a nursing program.
Long Beach City College
Computer Lab Intern (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 4, 2014
Great placeto go to school. Great instructors who overall care about your learning experince. Most of the students are very nice and have never experinced any problems on the LAC campus.
awesome way to get your foot in the door to criminal justice
American Criminal Justice Association (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 25, 2014
great place to be in when you want to get in something that is criminal justice related, whether its police or US customs. they will help you.
Excellent Culinary program, that is only getting better!
Instructor (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 11, 2014
LBCC offers both culinary and baking programs. The chef instructors are dedicated and caring.
Really good district
Preschool Parent Education Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2014
I worked for Long Beach Unified School District for a couple of years and i can said that they have really good programs. I worked there as a Special Instructional Aid, Child Care Worker and Preschool Teacher and I really enjoyed to work at that District.
I worked as well at California's Early Start Program which belongs to this district and I loved that program. Really helpfull for low income families and had the more loving and caring people working all together as a good and special team.
Professional work environment, professional supervisory staff
Student (Former Employee), student counselorJune 10, 2014
Great professional experience.Wonderful working relationship with people of various skills and abilities.
LBCC
Transfer Center Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: two convenient location, not hard to find
Cons: ongoing costruction
Excellent place to work--with diverse cultural student and staff population. Plenty of student support programs, tutoring and Multidisciplinary Centers. Friendly and patient managerial staff. Excellent academic and personal counseling.
My responsibilities
JOURNEYMAN PLUMBER (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: comraduary was high.
Cons: too many cheifs and mangement and not enough workers. always running out of money.
Independently maintained, serviced and repaired all plumbing fixtures, pipes and connections, toilets, urinals, sinks, showers, drinking fountains, swimming pool pumps and back flow systems routinely and as needed utilizing a computer work order system to receive all new orders and to document all pending and completed orders, attending to all emergency flood calls first and all other duties as needed. When Snake not effective, uses Sewer Camera and Jetting Machine to clear pipes. Draws and interprets Blue Prints as needed. Performs and sends Annual Back Flow Test Results to City of Long Beach. Performs Annual Reclaimed Water and Potable Water Systems Source Tests. Assists all other Facilities Workers as needed.

1 2 3