Long Beach City College Employee Reviews

Great and productive workplace.
Part-Time Kinesiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 14, 2016
The day starts with an early morning swim conditioning class that goes for 2 hours. The afternoon consists of working with LBCC's competitive Men's and Women's Water Polo / Swim teams from 1:00PM to 5:00PM. I thoroughly enjoy working with the adult students and student-athletes as well as my co-workers and coaching staff on the pool deck. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the students learn new skills and improve on the daily basis as well as watching the student-athletes perform well at the games and swim meets based on the work that they did.
A really great place to work and get some job experience while going to school
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 7, 2016
put book on place , help student finding there needs , learn some basic computer skills, management of money more than 200 per day , assist students with professional training program for the first week of school and semester. Give directions to students who are not familiar to the school.
Fun outgoing place to work for
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2017
I got to meet many people from different backgrounds. That we help students accomplish their goals. Our goal was to guide the students to an education no matter the background.
Pros
Help many needed students.
Cons
Fast pace
Easy and great workplace.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 16, 2017
The job is never stressful and it helped me brush up on old math topics that I haven't done in a while. The hardest part of the job was starting because you have to go through a training academy. Other than that it was great.
Exceptional Program
Clinical Radiology Student (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 13, 2016
Highly recommend the program for those student interested in medical imaging and looking to expand their understanding of this subject. Rotations are done at all hospitals with a well rounded experience for the student.
Fun place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 16, 2016
This place deals with mental health, and is very good with the clients. They are flexible and the people get alone well with each other. I would love to stay here but I am on a contract. Its a very good place to work.
Pros
Flexablity
Cons
Some times the clients can get out of hand.
Innovative and excited to lean to new things
Graduate IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed work here since management was good and I got opportunity to apply my skills. Hardest part was travelling to the job. But most enjoyable part was innovated and implemented reporting tool in access which help Long Beach City College to use those reporting tool for their day to day transaction.
Overall good place to work and go to school
Mail services student assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Convert books into audio for the visually and auditory impaired students. Also, deliver mail and other important documents. My manager was really nice and understanding of my need to do school work.
Very interesting school
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 16, 2016
very interesting school. the campus is very nice and they have many classrooms. right acroos the street from an amazing park .
fun work place
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2015
Being a volleyball coach is amazing. you get to work with so many different levels of volleyball players. Working with the staff that I had was awesome, we had a bond like no other. The hardest part for me would be having to resolve any drama that the girls had lol and let me tell you its not easy trying to make amends with these girls. Lol. But I manage to and it was the best experience ever. I've learned to handle it head on and resolve it before it got any worse, the girls understood that it was a team effort and whatever they did off the court would eventually affect them on the court. So if they had an issue they would pull one another aside and let that person know and fix it.
Pros
Being able to do what you love, especially if its your favorite sport!
Cons
no cons
Long Beach City College
Student Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 2, 2015
I had worked with Long Beach City College for more than 3 years. The department where I was working at had a diverse group of individuals. Their work ethics are in line with the community (students and staff), and the overall community college staffs are supportive of the student workers.

Expect to learn and build your skills because the staff here are wonderful, patient, and again professional. The Directors are great listeners and problem solvers. I believe that my time at Long Beach City College was an opportunity of a lifetime.

Thank you.
Pros
Participate in school activities.
Cons
Teamwork is a must, for projects to be completed.
a well-situated and pleasant campus; diverse student body
hourly instructor (Former Employee) –  Liberal Arts Campus nr. LakewoodFebruary 19, 2015
Part-time instructors mostly plan and teach their classes on their own; there is an instruction technology dev't center near the library, which is a good place to prep for classes and keep records. The campus is fairly well laid out and most students and staff are friendly. LIke most community colleges, its facilities are not nearly on the scale of a full-size university and they don't actively promote professional development or research.
Pros
administrative staff's helpful, especially tech support
Cons
foreign lang. dept. is confining and communication among teachers could stand improvement
fun classroom environment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 5, 2014
For my job as a peer mantor for LBCC, i would assist teachers by either helping highscool students one on one ore leading activies in class. I would also held with desk with like making copies, typing and, data entry. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was leading competative group activities against other teams with peer mentors. The Managemant and co-workers were all fun profesonal and encuraging.
Pros
making friends
Cons
not too many hours
Very versitile enviroment great place to learn how to interact with other nationalities. I feel that this help me become a open-minded person
Speaker / Workshop Facilitator for Foster Care (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 28, 2014
I would assist student with daily issues that effect their ability to be productive at college. I answer phones, log them into the computer , I manage their time in the computer room. I worked with approx. fifteen other co-workers and I got along well with them all because I consider myself a team player. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong its doing what is right that matter to me, so if it meant that I needed to do some extra work or work that wasn't assign to me but needed to be done I will do it.
Productive place for students
Long beAch City College cafe/ bookstore (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 15, 2012
A typical day was count money then clean walk around store if I saw a customer greeted them or helped be satisfied with their choice. I would learn something new everyday. It's very important to balance time to get things done . My coworkers were all nice easy going and very social. Carrying boxes was the hardest part sometimes they were to heavy. The most enjoyable was helping others and being cashier I loved it.
Pros
discounts 50%
Cons
short breaks no coverage no payed lunches
fun place to work with kids
Child Development Substitute Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 15, 2012
an environment where children can be themselves and do what children do play. in working in an environment like this it is imperative that adults respect each other regardless of differences, create a positive and open- door climate at all times, i learn that families come in all different sizes and problems, and its up to staff to ease their issues momentarily. the hardest part of my job is leaving, the most enjoyable part is playing all day
Pros
play all day
Cons
not enough hrs, not a permanent staff
A very productive and friendly workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 13, 2012
A typical day at work was very interesting. With assisting students with resources they needed and organzing different audios, books, and periodicals. Throughout the time I was there I learned that everyone will need help and that customer service is a great must. The only hard part of the job would be if you were assisting a very upset student, but you always had to be courteous and give them the upmost respect and help.
The student life at Long Beach City College
Student (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 2, 2014
A typical day on this campus consists of going to class; where depending on the teacher and course one is taking, affects what exactly goes on throughout that day.

As a student, I still continue to grow and expand my knowledge.

The management in this campus seems to be doing very well, the school appears to be right where it's supposed to be.

My peers at this school are nice people to encounter and grow with, both in the literal and metaphorical sense.

I'd have to say that the hardest part of being a student is having to find a common ground with personal life and school life in a sense of having enough time to do both things well.

The most enjoyable part would have to be the growth it involves, the surroundings,encounters and knowledge gained.
Pros
education
My responsibilities
JOURNEYMAN PLUMBER (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 18, 2014
Independently maintained, serviced and repaired all plumbing fixtures, pipes and connections, toilets, urinals, sinks, showers, drinking fountains, swimming pool pumps and back flow systems routinely and as needed utilizing a computer work order system to receive all new orders and to document all pending and completed orders, attending to all emergency flood calls first and all other duties as needed. When Snake not effective, uses Sewer Camera and Jetting Machine to clear pipes. Draws and interprets Blue Prints as needed. Performs and sends Annual Back Flow Test Results to City of Long Beach. Performs Annual Reclaimed Water and Potable Water Systems Source Tests. Assists all other Facilities Workers as needed.
Pros
Comraduary was high.
Cons
Too many cheifs and mangement and not enough workers. Always running out of money.
Productive, goal driven, student-oriented institution
Adjunct Substitute Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 11, 2015
Long Beach City College is a great institution with positive student success at the forefront of their educational philosophy. I enjoy being part of the success story of students who transition from this institution to a four-year university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Long Beach City College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3