Long Beach Memorial Employee Reviews

Great place to work for a new grad
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Inpatient surgicalMarch 6, 2017
Good hospital with multiple teaching opportunities. Provide new grad program with orientation. Good advancement opportunities as well, though currently hospital is going through tough financial times
Must be a hard worker and get along with coworkers
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 6, 2017
Memorial is a busy place. There is always something happening. Never a dull moment. There are always smiling faces and encouraging comments when needed.
Pros
Busy, good pay, great life-long friendships established
Cons
Can get overwhelmingly busy. Short staffing can be an issue.
No job security at this time. No life balance for staff and unrealistic expectations for remaining staff to accomplish level of work in time allowed.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 4, 2017
Extensive courses required and/or offered but very difficult to schedule time to take the classes either online or in a classroom setting. Currently balancing budget on the backs of staff and lower level management. More focus needs to be channeled toward medical equipment/supply vendors - over the top costs for simple items at 5 to 6 times what could be purchases at local discount stores. Complaints of under-staffing from all areas from Engineering to nursing. Too many demands from different directions for reports, data, and meetings which consistently conflict without regard to department needs.
Pros
Good emphasis on teamwork and acquiring up-to-date equipment and testing.
Cons
Top heavy management on the corporate level, Anxious staff with no job security, Two reductions in force in the last 3 years, No life balance for lower level management, requiring staff to flex using own PTO to make up salary difference, low staff morale
what i have learned
Referral Coordinator / Front Office (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 27, 2017
I loved working with children I worked for Outpatient Specialty Dept for ENT my experience was good I learn a lot work closely with nurses and doctors.
Pros
Overall good
Cons
Need more management
fast palce to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 21, 2017
• Ensured quality care by patient by responding to patients specialized needs
• Handled all aspects of patient care by providing physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, assistance in and out of bed, bathing, dressing, restroom assistance, standing, walking and exercising
• Recorded accurate and timely records including vital signs, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration rate, as directed by medical and nursing staff
• Documented and reported observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses
Work place culture
Manger (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Alot of changes going on at this time. Some discrimination experience while there. Great place to learn if you handle the politicals.
Working environment is excellence
Junior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Open door policy is implemented where managers acting like a personal trainers. Fun and enjoyable working environment such as friendly chit-chat, group lunch sponsored by the department, gameplays during Halloween/Christmas...etc. Rotating work assignments that enabled all employees to have exposed to all aspect of problems and solutions.
Fast paced environment striving towards excellence
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Being a Patient Service Technician at LBMMC has been a wonderful position for me the last 2 and a half years. I have gained an ample amount of customer service knowledge as well as multi tasking and communication skills. I have gained friends and maintain a positive relationship with my boss, higher-ups, and fellow coworkers.
Pros
thorough training
Cons
sometimes not enough coverage/surgery schedulers
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Working at Long Beach Memorial has been a great opportunity to learn and grow my marketing skills I have learned from California State University, Long Beach. My supervisors from all levels have been extremely eager to help me learn and advance myself into the marketing field.
Great Medical Center
Critical Care RN in Surgical/Trauma Unit (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Hired as a new graduate. Extensive training program! Great professional collaboration. Teaching hospital with a separate Woman's and Children's Hospital. Also has a pediatric ED.
Pros
Teaching environment
Cons
At the time they were cutting hours
The company provided excellent benefits
Reimbursement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long BeachDecember 29, 2016
I absolutely loved my work and dealing with the various doctors. I have maintained some relationships after leaving the company. I learned a lot when I first arrived at Long Beach Memorial in 2006 which enabled me to take better care of my ailing parent.
Pros
Annual Christmas Party
Cons
The people in the department made it very stressful
Good environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 13, 2016
Working team player. Communication is key. Organized environment. A lot of down time at night but keeping busy with cleaning and organization is the way to go. Is what to do but people sleep or sit around and on their phones.
Pros
Cons
Breaks hard to get a break. They short too.
Fun place to work! You get to meet and help alot of people
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 2, 2016
I love working at Long Beach Memorial. I work in a position where I am able to help a lot of patients and visitors. I love my role in customer service because I am able to provide everyone with a professional and friendly experience when they come to the hospital. I rate the hospital 5 stars but the computer is not allowing me to do it
Worst management and benefits
Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 26, 2016
Very unprofessional experience no holiday vacation or sick day pay. They hire anyone to do a front office position to pay less instead of someone with experience. Supervisor focuses on gossip not professional at all.
Cons
No holiday no sick day no vacation pay
Most definitely a good place to learn
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 22, 2016
I can honestly say that working here has made me.the good worker that I am now. So much is required from you, having to consistently meet deadlines. Working here taught me how to hustle and be effective. So, long story short, it's a really busy place.
Nice place to start your career
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 2, 2016
This is a big lab with many things to learn. There are the trauma center and the extreme busy ER. Working night shift is sometimes extremely busy due to low staffs. Friendly co-workers with many years of experiences could help to learn both technical and working skills. The staffs are specialized on one or two departments and unable to cross working to other departments.

Overworking management team. They might listen to your problems, but they rarely have time to deal with your issues. There is no shift manager, so the lead techs' jobs include the managers' jobs too. In general, everybody is overwork, so you don't have low chances to improve or advance further after one or two years working.
Pros
Flexible time, friendly co-workers, great start place
Cons
Low staffs, too specialize, overwork
We are a great team
LVN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 29, 2016
Busy on our unit.... but there's always some one to help, we work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satifaction you recieve when the patients are appreciative of what you have done.
great place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 22, 2016
Working in fast paced intensive care unit, managing care of two intensive care patients, promoting healing, assisting with daily care, ventilator care, trauma patients, neurology patient care.
good place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 15, 2016
Not too much to say other than not impressed with management. No advancement opportunity unless you kiss up to management.
great place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 18, 2016
I loved working at Long Beach Memorial/ Miller Children! the staff was awesome and the management was fair. The overall work environment was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Long Beach Memorial. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2