Long Beach Memorial Employee Reviews

Not such a comfortable environment when being somewhat bias
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 11, 2017
Work was not so bad, however, some days were stressful. Compensation/Benefits were just ok. However, no job security due to the number of layoffs throughout Memorialcare. Seniority means nothing as there is no room for growth or advancement, unless you have earned an AA, Bachelor's or Master's Degree. Certification does not mean much, no matter what the certification is for. Human Resources needs revamping, to just start over from scratch. As far as the workplace culture, well on a scale of 1 - 10, I rate it 1, being the worst.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No vacation, Pto, fewer holidays than most places, bias environment

Comment – November 30, 2017

So true. The organization needs to learn about fairness. There are staff who have been on board for less years than others, and the ones with real seniority are gone first. It's not just about degrees and such, but simply being fair. Yes, revamp Human Resources definitely. Management is unprofessional and needs to improve.

Long Beach Memorial
Cardiac Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 4, 2017
My typical day at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center consisted of caring for patients in the cardiac care unit. Including patients post cardiac surgery.
Interesting and engaing place to work
Certified Wound,Ostomy and Continence Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 3, 2017
The work was engaging and the time went fast. There were wound rounds every Tuesday on and off the Wound unit and there was a educational presentation at the rounds every week. Once a year there was a Wound Seminar and all the information was useful in the daily practice of wound care
Pros
The work was interesting
Good and friendly environment
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 29, 2017
Started my initial job as an anesthesia tech at long beach memorial. This is honestly one of the best places to work where the environment and people are welcoming and friendly.
Great place to work. Hard working staff and overall great job
Lead phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 25, 2017
I hated to leave longbeach memorial. I had to take care of a family member. I was the lead phlebotomist for the outpatient labs. I checked the dates on the eqiupment ie tubes to make sure nothing was expired. I also made sure patient flow was moving at a good pace. I jumped in when a site was croweded and drew blood. I can draw from pediatrics to geriatrics. I love phlebotomy and meeting people,making them feel comfortable. Phlebotomy isnt really a job to me because it is my passion. The hardest part was having to let someone go. The most enjoyable part of the job was my patients and working with my staff and doing a good days work. I have to say this was my most favorite job.
Pros
Meeting people and working with good people
Cons
Having to resign
Good ER trauma experience
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2017
This job requires that you pace yourself and not trying to overload the work. This job will burn you out and get fatigue if you don't do the proper things to keep your mind and body healthy.
Pros
ER/ Truama experience
Cons
stressful work environment
An Okay company to work for
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 17, 2017
Loved that environment but lacking of training and supervision. Other employees are not following rules and regulations and management seems not to care
As a whole, the company offers a lot of opportunity to develop skills in the medical field, but state and possibly federal requirements have increased
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 6, 2017
The company is one of the top rated hospitals in the state, if not the nation, and the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to provide appropriate medical care to the community can be found there; however, the state and possibly federal requirements for medical careers have become so top-heavy that it is not unusual for there to be a relatively high turn-over rate in employment. Long Beach Memorial has always strived to be at the cutting edge of the medical field, otherwise I don't think that I would have remained there for nigh on 20 years. But I would like to try something else for awhile now.
Thank you.
Pros
Good job security and fair benefits and pay
Cons
Long hours (most healthcare facilities have this), sometimes grueling workloads
good place to work
ER Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 21, 2017
overall good place to work, definitely looking to advance. unfortunately there is no room for advancement within this organization so i need to move on.
Multi-Cultural Organization
Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 25, 2017
Faced pace environment
Inpatient settings very busy
The employees are great
Fun place to work
Enjoyable part of working at Long Beach Memorial are the patients and nursing staff.
Good
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  PacuMay 23, 2017
This company does it's very best to be a reputable center of excellence in the community. It had come a long way over the years and is a home to it's employees.
Review Summary
Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 20, 2017
I was only an intern during my time at Long Beach Memorial, so I only worked every other weekend. The pharmacists there are all very well trained and caring. They love to teach interns and students and they provide a very nurturing environment to learn and grow. The management is very supportive of their students and take their school schedule into consideration when scheduling each intern. They do their best to accommodate vacation times and exam/finals time.
good company to work for
Executive/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 9, 2017
Good company to work for. Great benefits.
Executive Mgmt cares nothing for their employees unless you are a clinical nurse.

If you are at your top of the salary level for your salary grade, near retirement or have given more than 22 years of your life to this company you are the first to go if there are lay offs.

Of course the CEO denies this if he is asked, but one month later and the truth comes out.... he lied!!
Pros
staff is great to work with
Cons
management needs training in treating their staff
Variety of Job Listing
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90806May 5, 2017
Productive and comfortable place to work.
Warm and friendly co-workers and great place for career advancement. Diverse workplace culture.

Providing great patient care practices in a variety of health care departments.
Pros
Career Advancement
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 4, 2017
I was very happy to go from somewhere hospital very good atmosphere good benefits of coworkers are excellent managers were perfect overall I would recommend numbers for hospitals
Pros
Happy with overall management
Cons
No overtime
Very Friendly And Active Enviroment
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 27, 2017
Long Beach Memorial Provides a safe environment and Its staff are extremely friendly.There are days it can be very busy and active,and there are days it can go very smooth.through it all,it's a very great place to work.
Referral Laboratory Coordinating
Laboratory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 26, 2017
Sending out testing that is not performed in-house to referral laboratories.

The hardest part of the job is time constraints and working in a timely manner to meet the shipping time.
Very rewarding job and never a dull moment
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 23, 2017
Seven AM get your patient update from night shift, very busy and not always able to do my duties in a organized manner due to patient needs, so I learned to get things done in a timely manner, management was always there to give everyone update on patient care. We always worked as a team, PCA's and RN's. Hardest part of the job was accomplishing patient care because we'd have 10 or more patients and it was very hard to deliver meals and then have to feed one, two or three patients and still administer baths, chart, take vitals etc, but patient criteria changes on a daily basis. The best part of my job was my patients, I truly loved making them feel relaxed and at ease in any situation they might have. I worked 12 hour shift, I really love that too.
Pros
Knowing you were able to help someone feel a little better
Cons
Alot of duties
Great place to work !!!
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 21, 2017
Still very happy going on my 12 year , the staff is like Family, and very supportive I am truly a happy camper, I look forward o going to work unlike my past job working in the Airline Industry.
Pros
Cons
Non
fourteen and a half years I thought I was going to retire there but do to selling the company had to reduce staffing love working there
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 20, 2017
I love and miss my co-workers really miss the place wish they never sold the company. flexible hours. cant say nothing bad love working with doctors. on a day to day i was working with specimen logging in patients information data base and labeling. i was was also tapping off and sending them out to different labs.
Pros
sometimes we would get special things on special days
Cons
had no cons had three brakes two fifteen and one half

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Long Beach Memorial. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2