Long Beach Memorial

Long Beach Memorial Employer Reviews

Great hospital
RN (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 30, 2014
Great place to learn nursing, specialty nursing, woderful physicians and staff
A typical volunteer
General Service Volunteer (Current Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: very few volunteers
Long Beach Memorial is such a BIG hospital. As a volunteer, I enjoy interacting with different people from different walks of life. I am honored to be part of such good company: supervisor, staff and fellow volunteers are mostly professional and nice. As far as personal advancement, well.... let's just say that it does not give you a leg up if your a volunteer and wanting to work in here. They consider you as an external applicant-- no connections or whatsoever.
working hand an hand with my co-workers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 8, 2014
just being the best co-worker there is an helping out to be a team player
Friendly co-workers
Payroll Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAJuly 11, 2014
Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Learned a lot. Environment was nice and clean.
Productive and friendly work environment.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: continuing educational classes
Work load medium, room for career advancement, friendly co-workers. Hardest part of the job, maintaining your position. Service for children.
MHVI conducting good research
Cardiology Research Supervisor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 5, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: vacation/sick time is far less than most institutions
MHVI is conducting important research in cardiology. The medical director has worked hard to get the other physicians engaged in the research endeavor. In this way, this institution's research differs from that of an academic institution.
great company
Patient Account Representative II, Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 25, 2014
great company to work for great coworkers and management. company looks out for there employees
CNA/PCA
Patient Care Assistant/CNA (Former Employee), Long Beach CaJanuary 9, 2014
This was a great place to work, I learned a lot, made some great friends along the way.
Productive and fun place to work, made friends
Surgery Coordinator (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: treats from the managements
Cons: not been able to offer the times they needed when too busy
Busy scheduling cases, taking calls making sure all doctors get what they need and want for their surgeries.
General knowledge of what is involved in working with sick patients.
Understanding management and always willing to help when needed.
Co-workers becomes part of one daily life and treat each other as family members.
Not been able to accommodate every one at the same time
When all cases goes well and make everyone happy and healthy and back to good health and pain free
Productive, Rewarding and Fun Work Place
Palliative Care Chaplain, Per Diem (Current Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 16, 2013
Management, department leadership and coworkers are excellent.
My career at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center gave me valuable experience, and I expecially enjoyed the professional relationships I developed.
Administrative Secretary, Medical Staff Services (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: employee incentives regarding the good life program, the focus on employee wellness.
Cons: lack of professional growth and advancement.
Typical day: Supporting the Director of Medical Staff Services with various duties; front line phones, interaction with the Medical Staff daily; scheduling executive management meetings; handled calls for Patient Ethics Consults; oversight and monitoring of license expirables, supported the department chairman of various committees; prepared meeting packets for Credentials and MEC Committees; many interruptions throughout the day; assisted co-workers with requests as needed.

During my tenure at LBMMC, I learned patience, composure while under pressure and deadlines, and many of my tasks involved reviewing and preparing documents for accuracy. Overall, my time management skills were enhanced and strengthened while in this position.

Great hard working team of co-workers.

Challenging aspect of the job was on some days the distraction of noise in the department was sometimes difficult.

Most enjoyable part of my job was assisting our medical staff team. I also enjoyed bringing resolution to challenging situations.
Every day was a new day never the same.
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CA 90801September 3, 2013
Pros: free holiday activities
Cons: short breaks
There was always something new to learn in HR at LBMMC, in the 10 years I was in HR I had 6 VP's, and 5 new managers. All my co-workers always worked together to may sure we got the work done
Good place to work for, alot of nice people.
Unit Secretary / CNA (Current Employee), 2801 Atlantic Ave long beach ca 90806August 13, 2013
Pros: its safty place to work
Cons: short lunch breaks.
My days of working at long beach memorial has always been peaceful, everyone seem to work well with one another. I like the training's that the company provides for its staff. and how helpful the mangers are with all the staff and others. The hardest part of the job is not being able to make someone happy by the end of the day. The enjoyable part of the my job is being able to meet knew people.
Productive place to work but no room to advance
Critical Care Tech (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: 12hrs shifts
Cons: short breaks and not enough hours
I've enjoyed working in ICU, learned a lot,and would like to continue working in healthcare in the business side of it and that is why I'm getting my degree in Materials Managment.
excellant place to work
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: daily walks with my co-workers
Cons: meetings were not productive
Daily routine, learned new billing with new software, co-workers were pleasant. I enjoyed my job and very confident doing my job.
Pleasant working enviroment
Admitting Rep (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 1, 2013
Admitting patients and making them feel welcome. Answering phones, scheduling appointment, communicating with paramedics, and filing paperwork.
Busy
Intern (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 13, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: busy, under-staffed
I did my internship here and I learned a lot. The staff were nice, helpful and generous. Unfortunately, management doesn't take care of the staff which shows in the staff's mood.
WONDERFUL place to work!!!
LVN / LVN Nurse Evaluator (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2013
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center was one of THE best places I have worked. From management, to co-workers, patients, work load, etc. Even 'hard' days, weren't so bad. I was very blessed to have worked in this institution with such a WONDERFUL group of people.
Great opportunity for learning and gaining experience.
Respiratory Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2013
My first job to learn and gain experience. Is a very well known and expansive campus, allowed me the opportunity to obtain diverse experience.
Great place for a clinical rotation!
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2013
Great hospital! You will learn a lot about how to treat different types of patients including SCI, etc.