Long Beach Unified School District

Long Beach Unified School District Employer Reviews

fast paced and busy
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: job in school
Cons: management was poor
trained new employees, cashiered, prepped foods, provided great service to students, trained in kitchen techniques and knowledge of kitchen equipment. worked in a fast-paced.
I enjoyed learning in this position!
School Counseling Intern (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 9, 2015
I was able to learn and grow as I endured a position where I was allowed to try the skills I learned in my counseling program. I had wonderful mentors.
Excellent benefits, work environment, management and employees
Intermediate Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: casual work environment, great benefits, excellent retirement
Cons: lack of diversity in job duties
LBUSD NSB Accounting is an excellent environment in which to work. The atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable. There is not a lot of diversity in every-day tasks, which is the only downside to the position.
A great place to work
Head Start Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits and great hours.
I really enjoyed working for Long Beach Unified School District/Headstart. The headstart department was experiencing changes such as management and it seemed that it was going to be a great change. I left my job because I moved out of the area and the drive was going to be too much for me.
Flexible and Enjoyable
Recreation Aide (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: management
I would input student attendance and managed a program at a high school. The hardest part of the job is working with the students because it is disappointing when the staff works so hard to create a great program and the result is one or two students actually showing up. The most enjoyable part is the connections you make with the students and when you see them grow academically or socially. Management could have been better since there was no really any direction when I was initially hired. As for the co-workers, some work harder than others and get the same recognition.
Getting to work with children has really helped me as a person
On-Site Computer Technician (Current Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 13, 2014
Being the only one on campus who has a good understanding of technologies, I find myself very busy. It's the type of busy, however, that is very rewarding and I feel like I make a huge difference. The people are caring, the students are friendly, and everyone works hard for the same goal... To ensure a bright future for these kids. I love it here!
Regional Occupational Program ( ROP)
Regional Occupational Program Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 9, 2014
Pros: being able to watch the doctor perform surgical procedures
Cons: having to leave
This particular job was an Internship after a 3 month training course. We were all assigned particular locations to get hands on experience. I honestly had fun. Working directly under under the dermatologist. I filled Syringes, assisted the Doctor in giving stitches ,and removed them on my own. The doctor had us to cut open cysts he removed to make they weren't cancerous , and send skin biopsy's to the lab for inspection. I followed up with patients to contact the doctor to receive test results , and called the pharmacy to get prescriptions filled. When I moved over to Internal Medicine , I had to take Vital Signs , give shots to patients. and work with an EKG machine. I worked in the Medical records department as well pull charts as needed because they, gave us 2 weeks within each department to get a feel for them. I did not get hired on after , because they were looking for a bilingual applicant, but overall I enjoyed my time there.
great job
Nutrition Service Worker (Current Employee), californiaNovember 8, 2014
love my job but need more hours its a great start though. Over all I love the school and the people that I work with. I cleaned cooked and made sure all the kids were fed. great experience
Great school district
Intermediate Office Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 27, 2014
Very much enjoyed working for the school district, it was a fun job and provided a great learning experience.
Well maintained and administered Campuses
Certificated Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: well maintained and administered campuses. friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Cons: no heath care for substitute teachers
Well maintained and administered Campuses. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Great place to work!
Tutor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 16, 2014
They were very flexible with my availability. Also, it was great working with kids and the teachers. Everyone was very kind. Here I learned the basics of common-core education that they have implemented in schools around California.
Very convenient hours
Child Care Worker (Current Employee), Long BeachJuly 23, 2014
Great teachers all over long beach. How your day goes depends a lot on the children you get and how you deal with them.
Productive yet Fun!
Nutrition Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 2, 2014
Was responsible for every day transactions in the cafeteria
Helped prepare and serve food for students and faculty
Strived to give the best customer service
Knowledgeable
Teachers Aid (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 1, 2014
I have learned so much from working in an environment with kids. For me its rewarding to go to work and have fun with them. Having a respectful relationship between the kids and their parents and knowing that the trust is there is great
Excellente District
Preschool Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2014
I worked for Long Beach Unified School District for a couple of years and i can said that they have really good programs. I worked there as a Special Instructional Aid, Child Care Worker and Preschool Teacher and I really enjoyed to work at that District.
I worked as well at California's Early Start Program which belongs to this district and I loved that program. Really helpful for low income families and had the more loving and caring people working all together as a good and special team.
Fast pace, enjoyable seeing the childrens faces as we serve them.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), CafeteriaApril 25, 2014
Going into the kitchen I start with the three sink washing of the dishes, then panning of food. Serving food to the children and then cleaning up the kitchen is next. Putting up and shifting inventory on a daily. My co-workers are always available for assistance. The hardest part of my job is that the position is only a 3 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to feed the children nutritious food.
Comfortable and friendly environment
College Aide (Current Employee), Lakewood, CAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches volunteering at the va hospital
Cons: less hours
Co-workers are easy to get along with and work with.
Love working with high school students.
Great supervisor that is great at time managing.
awesome job
Campus Security Officer (CSO) (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: pay
good place to work at! I would recommend this place to everyone looking for a job
Part Time...
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2014
This job is good if you are in school because they work with your schedule.
Awesome Opportunities to help people
Elementary School Supervisor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: always busy and lots of people
Cons: learning to balance
I love this job. The job was challenging but it made me grow. I began here as a temp also and advanced my way up to the Elementary School Supervisor in a full time position.

1 2 3