Long Beach Unified School District Employee Reviews

Awesome District to work for
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 2, 2015
I learned many things while working for this district. District workers were always friendly and organized. I enjoyed working at the school that I was place. I would return in a heart beat.
Always something new to learn every day
Nutrition Work Services -Part Time (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: good benefits and opportunities to advance.
Cons: no cons so far
Excellent organization to grow up professional , very well organized people, wonderful structure . every day you come to work and learn something new,,, never is the same when you come to work every body has their own responsabilities but the team work is amazing when it comes for help
I really love this organization and i felt very lucky and honor to work with them for such small period of time.
Fun and you get to work outside / before,during and afterschool
Recreation Aide (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 18, 2015
Make sure the children are safe and welcomed on campus.

Teach children how to interact with each other through playing games and healthy conflict resolution.

Children can be challenging and unpredictable but that is part of the fun!

Keeping an understanding that we 'all' are constantly growing and learning everyday, helps.
Enjoyable, rewarding, flexible job.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Long Beach,CAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Flexibel Schedule, good amount of work most of the time, able to choose subject and grade level, user friendly system for finding assignments.
Cons: Some weeks work teaching assignments can be scarce.
A typical work day as a substitute teacher for the Long Beach unified school district usually starts the night before by checking online. If an assignment is not found, then I check again in the morning usually around 6:00. After getting an assignment arrive at the school a little early, check in at the office with the secretary, sign in and get keys and sub folder. Next head to the classroom, locate lesson plans, and teach away.

This job has helped me develop and practice different classroom management techniques.

As a substitute I feel supported by other teacher, school administration, and staff. Over all I have had great experiences working at different schools throughout the district. I also feel supported by the district.

The hardest part of this job would have to be the unpredictable schedule at times. Some weeks there are lots of jobs, some very few.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility. Everyday is different.
The diversity is wonderful
Nutrition Services Supervisor I (Current Employee), poly AnnexJune 30, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Vacations when you would rather work.
The benefits are great, chances for advancement are plenteous and you have paid vacations. LBUSD is a school district known for being the leader in the fight against childhood obesity by not offering snack and drink products that are unhealthy for students district wide.
Only worked day-to-day
Day-to-day substitute teacher (Former Employee), Long BeachJune 29, 2015
I worked as a sub, so I was in different schools different days and not at work all the time. I worked as a teacher assistant. I helped the teachers with any work that they needed help with. I traveled to various schools in Long Beach.
very good place to start working
College Aide (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: works with your own school schedule and the pay is pretty decent for part time.
Cons: The only bad thing about this job is that there are no paid holidays nor summer work, and no benefits.
the work experience is great with polite coworkers and staff. needless to say that this position helps lots of students get better in their academics.
Employment
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 26, 2015
Great District. Get to know people in HR well for advancement and other employment. Its all about who you know. I want to tell you that the health benefits are awesome. Great District
Great place to work at
Administrative Assistant/Intern (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Nice schedule
Cons: none
The teachers were very nice and helpful. If you needed anything they will get you the answer. There was a great atmosphere.
Enjoy working with Pre-School age kids. They are so energetic.
Child Care Worker (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2015
Cons: No Benifits
I love working with the kids and the staff. The only problem is that its a Part-Time job so there is no Benefits at all. It's amazing to see how much and how fast kids learn. For this job you have to be very energetic and patient.
Best place to work if you love children and people
Recreation Aide (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Being able to work with the children
Everyday children greet you with hi's and hugs which is the best feeling because they like you that much. Children look for role models and someone they can relate to when they want and I am glad that's what I can provide as well as being their "coachie".
great company
Resource Teachers' Aide (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 22, 2015
great company very busy and enjoyed traveling and working in various school settings with all school staff, good benefits, and typical vacation months
Fun workplace
Coach (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Little pay
Trained and mentored high school girls with the fundamentals of soccer. Ensured the eligibility of all students in the current grading period. Co-workers were very communicative and friendly. The hardest part of the job was traveling with more than 30 girls from one competition to another. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was school lenient.
Great Place to Have Worked!
Campus Security (Former Employee), Various School Sites.March 27, 2015
Pros: Bettering the life of kids everyday. Great Pay.
Cons: On call hours, no benefits.
Although I worked as a Campus Security Officer and on-call, It still was a great opportunity for me. I had eventually moved out of the State to pursue a Job in Law Enforcement. But after 10 yrs.. Decided to move back home to California, and I see they hiring again, let's see what happens.
fast paced and busy
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: job in school
Cons: management was poor
trained new employees, cashiered, prepped foods, provided great service to students, trained in kitchen techniques and knowledge of kitchen equipment. worked in a fast-paced.
I enjoyed learning in this position!
School Counseling Intern (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 9, 2015
I was able to learn and grow as I endured a position where I was allowed to try the skills I learned in my counseling program. I had wonderful mentors.
Excellent benefits, work environment, management and employees
Intermediate Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: casual work environment, great benefits, excellent retirement
Cons: lack of diversity in job duties
LBUSD NSB Accounting is an excellent environment in which to work. The atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable. There is not a lot of diversity in every-day tasks, which is the only downside to the position.
A great place to work
Head Start Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits and great hours.
I really enjoyed working for Long Beach Unified School District/Headstart. The headstart department was experiencing changes such as management and it seemed that it was going to be a great change. I left my job because I moved out of the area and the drive was going to be too much for me.
Flexible and Enjoyable
Recreation Aide (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: management
I would input student attendance and managed a program at a high school. The hardest part of the job is working with the students because it is disappointing when the staff works so hard to create a great program and the result is one or two students actually showing up. The most enjoyable part is the connections you make with the students and when you see them grow academically or socially. Management could have been better since there was no really any direction when I was initially hired. As for the co-workers, some work harder than others and get the same recognition.
Getting to work with children has really helped me as a person
On-Site Computer Technician (Current Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 13, 2014
Being the only one on campus who has a good understanding of technologies, I find myself very busy. It's the type of busy, however, that is very rewarding and I feel like I make a huge difference. The people are caring, the students are friendly, and everyone works hard for the same goal... To ensure a bright future for these kids. I love it here!