Long Beach Employee Reviews

work experience
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 22, 2014
it was a fun and outgoing experience, i would love to do it again if i could.
i learned how to perform a EKG on a patient, pick up specimens from a labotory, chat with patients and feed them.
Quiet and neat place to work with supportive staff
Echo Imaging Internship (Former Employee) –  VADecember 6, 2013
I started my morning by checking on daily patient schedules. Followed with my supervisor lead on directing patients to echo lab to start their test. I learned to pay attention to the physician order on patient chart and look for symptoms or pre-diagnosis on the echo image. All the 2d echo images were taken including color doppler, M-mode modality. If we were requested by the ordering physician to look for any pathology and it needed an injection of IV on patient arm, a nurse were called to the station to do so for our purposes of injection of fat molecules via IV administered under a nurse supervision. Co-workers were friendly and supportive when hard times demanding on the job. The hardest part of the job was when we were assigned to prepare to do a TEE echo test. I could manage under my lead sonographer to follow the direction and just wait for the doctor to give us the order to go. The rest were easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help patients and being supportive all the way throughout the entire test and give them sense of comfort and attention. I really liked the management personel at VA Long Beach, very respectful and making sure I was learning on days I was at the site.
Pros
Free lunch when worked as a volunteer
Cons
I wish they had more room to perform Echo test or hire more sonographers
A good place to work.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 12, 2013
The co-workers are a pleasure to work with. the owners are great guys to work for.
Work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 26, 2012
Im doing computer work all day, i get kinda tired, but i love it. i dont complain much, i enjoyed working for her very much.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Ambassador College Bookstores (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CalifJuly 1, 2012
There wasn't really a typical day, there was something different everyday. I learned to help students, order supplies, work on the computer, negociate with vendors. Management was good, very helpful. Co workers were like family. It was hard work but there wasnt really a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part was meeting so many different people as they came to the school.
Pros
i enjoyed the job
Cons
no benefits
Great workplace, with great management
Meat Department Manager (Current Employee) –  < less than a mile from the collegeJune 18, 2012
If your desire is to excel above others and you are not afraid of hard work, then Bristol farms will reward you for your efforts.
Pros
centrally located between los angeles and orange county