LONG BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Easy going place to work
Accounting/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 21, 2016
I was hired to assist our payroll manager. I handled all weekly payroll for 5 different states. I also ran the mail machine weekly. Later, I handled all sales and use tax responsibilities. Collected data, reviewed all information, prepared and payed taxes. Also payed payroll taxes and certified payroll duties.
Good people who let me work independently
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 7, 2016
I knew what was expected of me while I was at work. I was given assignments and then not micromanaged, my managers trusted me to get it done correctly and on time, and I delivered.
I learned a lot about industry specific parts, contracts and accounting.
Management was excellent at letting me know what they needed me to do, what needs to go where, etc. They were also very understanding and flexible with my schedule when I asked. My co-workers were very nice. for the most part they let me know with proper notice when they needed something and when they needed it.
The hardest part of this job was balancing my many duties and knowing which should take priorities. The most enjoyable part was knowing that i was an essential part of the team. I was involved in a small way in just about every job we did.
Pros
Independence, good relationship with management, enjoyable co-workers
Cons
No chance for advancement, fluid ownership/management
Small Company
Lead for Certified Payroll & backup for HR Mgr (Former Employee) –  EnglewoodOctober 7, 2015
Was promised advancement and never got it. Nice people to work with, although management did not accept criticism well.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management did not listen
They value their employees
Admin (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 24, 2015
LONG is a company that truly values it's employees. Flexible work schedule, managers who maintain an "Open Door Policy", good benefits package, and a nice corporate office. There are many staff who have been with the company for 10+ years and they all have great things to say about the company, which gave me peace in deciding to work here.
Pros
Flexibility, professional growth, friendly staff
Good work atmosphere
HVAC Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2015
LONG has been a good place to work with a large product portfolio and a positive position in the market place with a good customer following.
People like working here
Administration (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 6, 2014
Tenure at the company is good with an average 10+ years. I am empowered to do my job on a daily basis, am not micromanaged, and am given freedom to make strategic decisions. I work on the corporate/admin side and enjoy my job overall.
Pros
Flexible working hours, nice coworkers, people like being here for the most part
Cons
Benefits are expensive if you have a family
The company has zero structure and will feed you full of lies to get you to stay on board with them
Licensed Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Casper WY.November 2, 2014
They will make working for them seem like an awesome opportunity. Once employed there you will be made promises that will never happen and eventually be laid off due to horrible sales department or fired for false reasons.
Pros
Cant think of any
managment is horrible.
Licensed Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  casper wyMarch 21, 2014
Great company. Horrible management in Wyoming security solutions branch. Promises made and not kept.
Worst manager ever
BAS Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2013
Here's how you demoralize a great group of intelligent self-motivated control techs: Call a meeting and in that meeting tell them if they don't like it here they can leave. Then pound your fist on the table while telling them to "do it my way". Turnover predictably went way up.
Pros
Good salary, benefits.
Cons
Management.
Good reliable company
Controls Tech (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 12, 2012
Good company to work for. But with all the management changes
"management loyalty to long time employees" does not exist.
Pros
good reliable company
Cons
"management loyalty to long time employees" does not exist.
to quote management:"It's my way or the Highway"
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 29, 2012
Never ever again. Maybe changing the Controller would make a difference. Woman are not valued in the Accounting department
Pros
paycheck is on time
Cons
to many to count
Great place to work.
A/C Technician (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 21, 2012
The work was always different and challenging. The work was physically demanding and rewarding. I was able to travel to different cities to conduct work.
benefits
Controls tech (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsMarch 1, 2012
Needs to concentrate more on in house training and per-Job evaluation. But overall it was a great learning experience and a good place to work.
Pros
great pay and people
Cons
training and communications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONG BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9