Long Island College Hospital

Long Island College Hospital Employee Reviews

fast-paced environment
Registered Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 21, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at this location. I have acquired a so much knowledge working as an RN assistant. I am familiar with working in a hospital caring for patients and assisting Doctors.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Externship (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2015
I was a volunteer here through my high school it was a work study. If I had a chance I would volunteer here again any day it was a great learning experience for me.
fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: always work that needs to be done
Cons: empty office days
loved the setting and the environment. the co workers were great and its an very exciting field. you learn a lot of valuable things from seasoned workers in the nursing field.
Hospital Life
Respiratory Care Unit, Unit Receptionist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, Wages, Management
Cons: none
Loved working at Long Island College Hospital, Co-workers were great, wages were great, Management was great, Life was great. Sad to leave due to relocation.
what you mean
SENIOR LINEN COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2015
I started with transport and I moved to linen. I worked to six to two ,from Monday to Friday and I loved the job. I did not like the way they let the hospital closed.
being able to watch t.v
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: sitting down all day
Cons: sometimes to many calls
answering calls talking with people just being able to help others finding there doctor for them making sure they could get what they needed
Wonderful place to work.
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: work was managable
Cons: there was no cons
It was wonderful working at Long island College Hospital. It was a warming and caring environment to work and it was sad that it closed.
Family friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Great place to work. Co-worker all was wonderful to work with. Team spirit each one of them to the last day of work. Patients and other staff was great as well.
I love working with patience, and staff.
Receiving, and inventory store clerk. (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: i enjoy working with the staff, and patience.
Cons: closing of the hospital
Working at Long Island Colllege Hospital is a great experience. I learned how to communicate with people. i had great time their while i being employed with the hospital. I learn how to receive medical supplies through the loading dock.
An easy going environment and a pleasant work atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkFebruary 9, 2015
A hospital facility that employed a variety of staff ethnicity. A typical work day would consist of either paper work or surveillance. I was able to improve my adaptability of situations, the hardest part is probably uncooperative individuals. I worked with a few good individuals and staff. Management is management.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant, LICH (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good working hours
Great place to work. Mangement was understanding. Everyone help each other, it was a second family to me I spent 10 years there. Unfortunate due to the closer it is no longer there. That was a sad day for all of us.
A wonderful place to work in.
Quality Improvement Coordinator, Dept.Risk/Quality (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 27, 2015
The day started with review of all incidents and events reported to the Risk/Quality Office. Rounds on the in-patient units. I learned that I love working in management that my better part of this job was being allowed to help with education and support for the front line staff. ie; nurses, doctors, house keeping, patients/family. My co-workers were great. hardest part of my job was going home. Best part was the hands on involvement.
I enjoyed my time working at Long Island College Hospital.
Intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: respectful people
Cons: short breaks, slow days
While working here i enjoyed the environment and the people around me. It was very well organized and everyone stuck to the task that is needed to be done. While there Ive learned that when u get the job done right it not only makes your employer happy, but makes you happy too. I like the fact that even though i was the youngest their, i wasn't treated any differently from the rest of the staff. The hardest part was the "tired days", but when kept bust it didn't matter, i stuck it out and finished what was needed to be finished and more. I'm happy that Ive gotten the opportunity to work with Long Island College Hospital.
a great place to work
RN BS (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: good team, availability of a lot of overtime
Cons: not much parking
LICH has closed now and become NYU. I worked there for 35 years and felt part of a very close team. Our most enjoyable time of the day was when I made coffee for everyone. I worked nights so that went over very well! My managers were wonderful.
They recognized you for a job well done and interacted well with all the nurses. The hardest part of the job was utilizing equipment that was tagged to be fixed and then finding out it was not fixed and repeating the process, We made everything work and I am very proud of my years at LICH.
securing people wasnt easy it was an experiment
ALLIED BARTON SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2015
help out in the er was kind of scary but I enjoyed it I will love to do that again I love help people old, young, black or white as long as they are being protected
Flie
File Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
i learning about Plan right and follow last name flie for people sign in before doctor called a name. i jus give to nurse for person
Learning experience at LICH
Secretary II (Former Employee), 339 Hicks street, brooklyn, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: greeat learning experience in different specialties
Cons: it was very hard working full time and going to nursing school full time
While working fulltime as a secretary for 4 specialist, I attended nursing school. This taught me time management skills.
I managed the practice for a reproductive endocrinologist, Urogynecologist,Maternal Fetal medicine and Gyn-Oncology.

I was responsible for making appointments,authorization of medical procedures such as chemotherapy.

I had a great relationship with all patients. Great relationship with physicians.
Always being productive at a work is a must
Internship 300 (Former Employee), New York NYOctober 25, 2014
A typical day at work is always a learning experience I learned something new every single day. Working around and with the doctor's as well as nurse's. I learned how to sterilize instruments, putting patient information in the system data base, and have patient's understand their right to confidentiality etc.. Most co-worker's were very nice, helping and always willing to teach me new things. The hardest part of the job was performing tasks exactly and particularly the way the doctor wants it done. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is making sure I did my best at keeping the patients healthy as well as happy.
A typical day at work
File Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at work would be setting up my station, getting my assignment and begin working
very good hospital with caring doctors & nurses.
Unit Receptionist-ICU (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2014
Pros: worked 35 hours got paid for 37.5 & good health insurance
Cons: everytime administration changed (way too often) new rules & regulations
Employees are rewarded for years of service. also employees are selected to be employee of the month/year.

1 2 3 4 5

Long Island College Hospital Salaries

Registered Nurse
$70,000 per year

Long Island College Hospital Photos

Some of the team members on the fifth floor at LICH