Long Island College Hospital

Long Island College Hospital Employer Reviews

Lots of work and a good time with my co-workers
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 26, 2014
Learned to take my job a bit more serious. Management, very fair. Equipment not the best but adequate
An excellent fit for nursing stations.
Summer Youth Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great place to see the sick become healthy.
Cons: attempting to close-down hospital.
No Complaints as each work station is fun. Faculty and staff ensure outgoing and incoming patients keep smiles on their faces. Watching a strangers sickness become healthy allows all employees remain in good health.
Had an excellent career at LICH, which unfortunately was closed down in 2014.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2014
Had an excellent career at LICH, which unfortunately was closed down in 2014.
productive place to work
Medical Records Clerk(intership) (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: progressive enviroment.
Cons: company was closing down.
My time at Long Island College Hospital was brief, but I have the privilege of working with some great professionals . I also get to exercise the importance of HIPAA , and broaden my horizon in the healthcare industry.
Personable and friendly staff
Secretary to Chairman of Surgery (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: friendly and family oriented place to have work
Cons: out of business
Before going out of business, this was an excellent place to work. Staff turnover very low. People liked working here
Hospital with a long history of excellence now bankrupt
chief allergy and immunology (Former Employee), brooklyn nycJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great medicine
Cons: went bankrupt
Great place -good patient care, teaching and research in downtown Brooklyn-unfortunately the state valued the land the hospital was on more than its services.

I was made founder and director at a young age-and allowed to build a department-spent the next thirty years-building the department, and an approved training program in allergy and immunology
Was a great place to work until SUNY closed it.
Staff Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 16, 2014
In all respects, LICH was a great place to work. Working at LICH was like working with family and friends. Unfortunately, LICH no longer exists as a full service hospital because SUNY closed it and sold it off to build condos.
Poor union organization
RN, NICU, Mother and Baby (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 11, 2014
Assignments were heavy and not always fair. Poor management and constant turmoil among workers. The unit were poorly runned. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant feud among workers.
A great hospital in New York
Clerical Aide (Former Employee), Long IslandJuly 3, 2014
Great company worthy of recommendations and is a place that anyone would like to work at.
Very busy. My coworkers pull together as a team.
SOCIAL WORKER ASSISTANT II, In-Patient Psychiatry (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at work is like walking through JFK airport. The doors are always revolving with people. I have learned to always keep your ears and eyes open, never leaving anything to chance. The hardest job is when you are unable to provide for your patient in a timely manner, because other providers don't work on your schedule or pace. The most enjoyable – more... part is knowing that the patient is satisfied with their quality of care. – less
GREAT STAFF IN GENERAL. HARD WORKING PEOPLE
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2014
SO SORRY THAT LONG ISLAND COLLEGE HOSPITAL HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS FINANCIALLY. I LOVED THE HOSPITAL. WISH I NEVER LEFT. YOU FELT LIKE YOU WERE IN A FAMILY ENVIRONMENT EVEN WITH THE ADMINISTRATORS.
Great oppurtunity and experience
Nurse Assistant, Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2014
I was able to assist patients in who were mothers and newborn babies. I had to keep track of beds, patients and babies. Restock supplies such as formula, pampers, baby clothes, forms for patients charts and other common materials. I had to make patient charts and tend to patients. I was able to experience new life coming into the world first hand. The – more... busiest moments were when there were many babies being born. – less
Working at LICH was wonderful.
Administrative Secretary III (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: sales rep's giving presentations with lunch.
A typical day a work consisted of answering phone lines, typing, sending EMR Reports as well as assisting the E.D. Staff and or patient/relatives as needed.
I learned how to work with everyone.
My immediate management was the Chairperson,Director or Assistant Director and all of them were great!
My co-workers and and I blended well together.
The hardest – more... part of the job was assisting staff and patience in anyway possible when 911 happened. And we did it - together.
Most enjoyable was the job itself. – less
Great atmosphere
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the smile on the patients face when you listen and solve their problems.
Great Teaching Hospital
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: great hospital serving the needs of the community!
Learned different surgical procedures and updates on medical equipment
My job at LICH has been a productive and fulfilling experience.
Transporter (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 10, 2014
A typical day at work included taking patients to and from various departments for procedures and ensuring their satisfaction whilst transporting them through the hospital. I learned how to deal with difficult patients and how to handle health issues that can occur during transport.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was seeing my log sheet completed – more... with as much jobs/transports as possible at the end of my shift. I got along well with my co-workers and management alike. – less
Great Staff
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 4, 2014
Hospital closure-would not have left. Nice work environment.
I loved running the Ambulatory Surgery Unit
Director: Pain Management & Ambulatory Surgery (Former Employee), Brooklyn Heights, NYMay 26, 2014
Pros: working with other doctors and patients everyday
Cons: it all went downhill when hmo's came on the scene.
With over 150 patients coming through our unit on a daily basis, half having surgery and half coming in for Pre-op testing, there was never a dull day dealing with my colleagues and/or patients.
Staff nurse/medical surgical unit
Staff nurse (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2014
Pros: new nurse grad. good bedside training
Cons: elimination of lpn's at that time
Evening staff for medical surgical unit which then incorporated psychiatric scatter bed program.
I always felt part of a family working there
Lead Transporter (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 10, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: being laid off
LICH is a great hospital to work for. I loved helping out with patient care even though i was a transporter. I was always the first one to help when there was help needed. I mostly worked in the Emergency Department. All my co-workers always told me I was too smart to be a transporter, I really loved my postion. I learned alot about life. It is sad – more... to see what may happen to LICH. – less

1 2 3 4 5