Long Island College Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See Attached
Secretary II/ Unit Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2016
My job working at Long Island College Hospital has been very a journey of experience and a lot of hands on. I have had the pleasure of working in different Department. I met co-workers that was willing to work with me and like wise we exchange information and other important working materials.

The hardest part of my job was when they told us that we were going to close. The co-workers were like family and after being there for all these years it was very heart broken to go.

A typical day at work for me was when I get my job done for the day and able to help a family member or the patients. One of my favor place working was on the Chemo Unit, because I can relate to what a lot of them was going through. I have learned a lot over the years working at LICH. It gave me courage, understanding, patient how to deal with situations better. This I used to deal with my own situations and to help my own family. I know I have become a better person.
great for young people
Unit Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 29, 2016
It was a job given by my high school. So the job/work balance was suited for school. The pay could be much higher at the time. Workload was light many of times with it rarely ever becoming heavy. Management and the people I worked with was excellent and I would recommend to anyone.However it was a temporary position regardless of work performance.
hospial
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working here I learned a lot and met great doctors .the patients were great and the work was a big job to do but I always seem to do the right thing and do my job the right way.
Excellent Review
Patient Transporter - Multi-Unit Floater (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 2, 2015
Excellent work environment, co-workers felt like family. The atmosphere was positive to work in for the last 28 years. I delt with customer care as a transporter, moving patients to different parts of the hospital, helping doctors, and handling critical care areas. Even working as a physical therapy assistant with patients and making sure stock was always filled and equipment was ready for usage. I also did messaging for pharmacy delivering narcotics through-out the floors with nurses. I have done central and supplies throughout the whole hospital, giving out different equipment's.
Friendly team working conditions
housekeeping support to patients and staff (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 29, 2015
Everyday was a new and exciting experience team work was always helpful. I learned to work on my own. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my supervisor smile for my work performance
Pros
FREE FOOD LUCH BREAKS
Productive and nice palce to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn New YorkSeptember 29, 2015
Love it and learned a lot about med-surg. I loved my co-workers and supportive managers. I enjoyed working there. The doctors were exceptional.
Pros
Diversity
fun workplace
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 1, 2015
The employees are like one big family. I t was nice going to work to see everyone daily. The benefits were alright also. Many unions were present to represent employees
Team Players
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2015
I worked with a wonderful staff who were team players. I never had to float to another unit when I was working as a full-time employee. Unfortunately the hospital is no longer opened.
fast-paced environment
Registered Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 21, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at this location. I have acquired a so much knowledge working as an RN assistant. I am familiar with working in a hospital caring for patients and assisting Doctors.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Externship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2015
I was a volunteer here through my high school it was a work study. If I had a chance I would volunteer here again any day it was a great learning experience for me.
fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2015
loved the setting and the environment. the co workers were great and its an very exciting field. you learn a lot of valuable things from seasoned workers in the nursing field.
Pros
always work that needs to be done
Cons
empty office days
Hospital Life
Respiratory Care Unit, Unit Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 14, 2015
Loved working at Long Island College Hospital, Co-workers were great, wages were great, Management was great, Life was great. Sad to leave due to relocation.
Pros
Co-workers, Wages, Management
what you mean
SENIOR LINEN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2015
I started with transport and I moved to linen. I worked to six to two ,from Monday to Friday and I loved the job. I did not like the way they let the hospital closed.
being able to watch t.v
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2015
answering calls talking with people just being able to help others finding there doctor for them making sure they could get what they needed
Pros
sitting down all day
Cons
sometimes to many calls
Wonderful place to work.
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 18, 2015
It was wonderful working at Long island College Hospital. It was a warming and caring environment to work and it was sad that it closed.
Pros
work was managable
Cons
there was no cons
Family friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Great place to work. Co-worker all was wonderful to work with. Team spirit each one of them to the last day of work. Patients and other staff was great as well.
I love working with patience, and staff.
Receiving, and inventory store clerk. (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Working at Long Island Colllege Hospital is a great experience. I learned how to communicate with people. i had great time their while i being employed with the hospital. I learn how to receive medical supplies through the loading dock.
Pros
i enjoy working with the staff, and patience.
Cons
closing of the hospital
An easy going environment and a pleasant work atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, New YorkFebruary 9, 2015
A hospital facility that employed a variety of staff ethnicity. A typical work day would consist of either paper work or surveillance. I was able to improve my adaptability of situations, the hardest part is probably uncooperative individuals. I worked with a few good individuals and staff. Management is management.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant, LICH (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Great place to work. Mangement was understanding. Everyone help each other, it was a second family to me I spent 10 years there. Unfortunate due to the closer it is no longer there. That was a sad day for all of us.
Pros
good working hours
A wonderful place to work in.
Quality Improvement Coordinator, Dept.Risk/Quality (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 27, 2015
The day started with review of all incidents and events reported to the Risk/Quality Office. Rounds on the in-patient units. I learned that I love working in management that my better part of this job was being allowed to help with education and support for the front line staff. ie; nurses, doctors, house keeping, patients/family. My co-workers were great. hardest part of my job was going home. Best part was the hands on involvement.

4.3