Long Island College Hospital Employee Reviews

Closed
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYMarch 28, 2017
Closed, building is sold, no longer a hospital. The building was sold by suny and no longer exists as a hospital. There is no sense in elaborating any further on a defunct medical facility.
Cons
Productive workplace, fun place to learn
Assistant to Private Practice (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Extremely interesting, fun and educational facility. Worked in Private Practice and had the opportunity to organize the practice of Endocrinology, Oncology, Urology, Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Interesting place to work
Secretary 1 (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Team oriented environment. Enjoyed working with great people. Diverse group of people who respect the culture of the company. Very hectic environment dealing with the public.
Excellent work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Excellent work environment, well rounded administrative staff, nice neighborhood to live and work. I looked forward to going to work on a daily basic.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Friendly warm and caring place to want to be connected to.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 10, 2016
I liked going to this particular hospital because if you were interested in working together with the staff they were very inviting. They were helpful, caring, friendly, and interested to teach the new comer different responsibilities. I learned how to properly do blood draws, and how to remove IV's from patients. I helped out in every way that was necessary and what ever the staff wanted me to do
I wanted very much to become an employee of the hospital but it had very serious financial challenges. They never actually survived their difficulties and are now out of business. Very big loss to the community at large.
Pros
Small community setting which created a caring and warm place to work out of.
Cons
Lots of financial issues, which later caused it's downfall. This hospital no longer exists.
Loved lich
Sec II (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2016
I loved working at LICH. So sad that the closed down. Definitely miss the closeness of the staff. it was like one big family.
Great Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2016
Atmosphere was great. Worked at the hospital for a little over 2 years. It was a bit challenging at first considering the environment was new to me, but I enjoyed working there.
very busy office and variety of paper work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2016
Answering phones and filing medical records, it is your responsibilities to make sure that everything is organized and make sure your surroundings is secure, and try to keep a positive friendship with your co-workers and always keep it a professional level, the hardest part trying not to let the work load drive you crazy
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 23, 2016
Working in a hospital was fun. Being around all the doctors and nurses taught me that some people are nice and some people are really rude but to never let that get to you because its life. Just keep keep a smile on your face and keep it moving.
Nothing was hard about this job.
See Attached
Secretary II/ Unit Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2016
My job working at Long Island College Hospital has been very a journey of experience and a lot of hands on. I have had the pleasure of working in different Department. I met co-workers that was willing to work with me and like wise we exchange information and other important working materials.

The hardest part of my job was when they told us that we were going to close. The co-workers were like family and after being there for all these years it was very heart broken to go.

A typical day at work for me was when I get my job done for the day and able to help a family member or the patients. One of my favor place working was on the Chemo Unit, because I can relate to what a lot of them was going through. I have learned a lot over the years working at LICH. It gave me courage, understanding, patient how to deal with situations better. This I used to deal with my own situations and to help my own family. I know I have become a better person.
great for young people
Unit Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 29, 2016
It was a job given by my high school. So the job/work balance was suited for school. The pay could be much higher at the time. Workload was light many of times with it rarely ever becoming heavy. Management and the people I worked with was excellent and I would recommend to anyone.However it was a temporary position regardless of work performance.
hospial
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working here I learned a lot and met great doctors .the patients were great and the work was a big job to do but I always seem to do the right thing and do my job the right way.
Excellent Review
Patient Transporter - Multi-Unit Floater (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 2, 2015
Excellent work environment, co-workers felt like family. The atmosphere was positive to work in for the last 28 years. I delt with customer care as a transporter, moving patients to different parts of the hospital, helping doctors, and handling critical care areas. Even working as a physical therapy assistant with patients and making sure stock was always filled and equipment was ready for usage. I also did messaging for pharmacy delivering narcotics through-out the floors with nurses. I have done central and supplies throughout the whole hospital, giving out different equipment's.
Friendly team working conditions
housekeeping support to patients and staff (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 29, 2015
Everyday was a new and exciting experience team work was always helpful. I learned to work on my own. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my supervisor smile for my work performance
Pros
FREE FOOD LUCH BREAKS
Productive and nice palce to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn New YorkSeptember 29, 2015
Love it and learned a lot about med-surg. I loved my co-workers and supportive managers. I enjoyed working there. The doctors were exceptional.
Pros
Diversity
fun workplace
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 1, 2015
The employees are like one big family. I t was nice going to work to see everyone daily. The benefits were alright also. Many unions were present to represent employees
Team Players
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2015
I worked with a wonderful staff who were team players. I never had to float to another unit when I was working as a full-time employee. Unfortunately the hospital is no longer opened.
fast-paced environment
Registered Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 21, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at this location. I have acquired a so much knowledge working as an RN assistant. I am familiar with working in a hospital caring for patients and assisting Doctors.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Externship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2015
I was a volunteer here through my high school it was a work study. If I had a chance I would volunteer here again any day it was a great learning experience for me.
fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2015
loved the setting and the environment. the co workers were great and its an very exciting field. you learn a lot of valuable things from seasoned workers in the nursing field.
Pros
always work that needs to be done
Cons
empty office days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Long Island College Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3