Long Island State Veterans Home

Long Island State Veterans Home Employer Reviews

Fun Workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYJuly 21, 2013
My typical day at work is easy and fun. As soon a I walk in my co-workers have a smile on there face. I don't think my job is hard at all because and we all team players and it makes the job easy and fun.
Dynamic Veterans Home
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYMarch 19, 2013
Pros: intimate and pleasant environment
Cons: no room for advancement and difficult to become a state employee.
Largely clerical routines dealing with doctors, residents, nurses, other staff and visiting family members. It is a small facility and everyone knows each other, so it's like a big family. Employee engagement is high and there is good general morale in the building. It is also very rewarding to work with the residents.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYMarch 11, 2013
I volunteered at the home and the staff are really nice and friendy.
A good learning environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYOctober 11, 2012
A typical night involves working 1 on 1 with residents as well as working along with other members of the healthcare team , i.e. RN, LPN and Supervisors.
I learned how to manage my time and to prioritize.
My co-workers are amazing, hard-working people from all walks of life. There are many diverse cultures that work within the healthcare field, so you – more... begin to learn about other cultures and their values which is important.
The hardest part of the job is losing a patient and the most enjoyable is talking with and learning from the residents. Even though it is an overnight shift, many of the patients are awake and want someone to spend time with and talk with. – less